Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
stay safe heretical ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Oh my God I can't believe all those people died in those religion-based terror attacks. Prayers inbound to their families.

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:

Ferroque posted:

God is testing you.

If you consider the deeper implication of an unironic statement like that, basically what that person is saying is that God's plan for the individual that died was to have them live briefly until their life gets cut tragically and painfully short just to test you (and also cause you pain).

Sounds like how I play video games.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

CADPAT posted:

If you consider the deeper implication of an unironic statement like that, basically what that person is saying is that God's plan for the individual that died was to have them live briefly until their life gets cut tragically and painfully short just to test you (and also cause you pain).

Sounds like how I play video games.

god is a goon

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

that's it, that's my condolences

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
christians of grabouw let us band together and pray to jesus to end the terrible fire in the nature reserve

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The prophet is avenged

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Sorry your family died, here's a casserole.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

God has a plan.

That plan was for your kid to die.

COMFORT ACHIEVED.

Notmypants
Jan 3, 2014

Pants pants moose pants.
If God took back your son, that means your son was not meant to be. He was basically a soulless monster and you should be glad that God fixed that problem.

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

quote:

Personally, I don’t see why I should use the phrase “Rest in Peace”. When the full phrase today has become “may his/her soul rest in peace”. I don’t think this applies to somebody who is saved. If the deceased is saved, why would I ask God for his/her soul to be at peace when, according to the Bible, that person is definitely in Heaven?

Then again, if the deceased was definitely not saved, saying “may his/her soul rest in peace” is not Biblical; if they weren’t saved when they died, they’re in Hell. No amount of praying to God will change that; for if God heard your prayer for the deceased and changed his/her eternal fate, then the doctrines found in the Word of God would be rendered of null effect.

And if you don’t know the person was saved or not, even then it would be wrong to say it; for by offering that feel-good phrase as your condolence, you may be giving the loved ones false hope about his/her eternal fate. This, besides your words possibly being in vain. Again, bestowing the blessing or even the prayer for his/her soul to rest in peace is useless if the person was saved (for he/she is then already in Heaven), and useless if the person wasn’t saved (for he/she is then already in Hell).

http://deanministries.page.tl/Rest-In-Peace.htm

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

EngineerSean posted:

rape apologist piece of poo poo you make me sick

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
jk jk i love you

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
*Makes grieving family physically move the casket across the street because he doesn't want to host a funeral for a gay couple in his church.*

I'm sorry it had to be this way but I have a right to express my religious freedoms. :smug:

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Hello im a lovely dum dum who believes in a man in the sky. Oh your whole family was butchered by religious zealots such as me? Guess I'll just continue not caring!!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
hey maybe this book would help it's called 'the boyu who died and went to heaven'and was written by a kid literally named malarkey

edit: fuckin oops http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/01/15/377589757/boy-says-he-didn-t-go-to-heaven-publisher-says-it-will-pull-book

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

EngineerSean posted:

gently caress you now I want Jello.

I have been unironically waiting for this admission for AGES. Thanks for making my day, Pathetic Little Tramp!

edit: According to a news source:

quote:

this is the first time Alex has himself spoken out in such a direct way in his own…except for posting a comment relaying this information on the Alex Malarkey fan page on Facebook, after which the comment was deleted by moderators and he was blocked from the group.

Deleted and banned from his OWN WEBSITE for trying to tell people he lied.

GBS truly does work in mysterious and wonderful ways today. :)

YOU A FUCKING HAT fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 16, 2015

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Fishy Joe posted:

rape apologist piece of poo poo you make me sick

wow rude

Fishy Joe posted:

jk jk i love you

oh ok

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I know you're hurting right now, but I can tell you that God is real. I once asked God for a sign and a leaf from a tree in front of me. That is my primary evidence for why it's irrelevant that your neighbors now have to grow up fatherless.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
"Sorry for your loss. Move on." - the classic

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Buddha is a dick. He just fucks people over. That's just what he does. Sorry.

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN
Handsome warriors never lose battles.
- Sagan

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

It's OK little Mary, I'm actually an angel and you have been filled with Holy Ghost.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

"There's no god or external meaning to life. I say this because I heard someone vaguely mention faith while trying to console you and I cannot let this injustice stand."

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I didn't hear you crying last year when it was MY daughter that got sacrificed and we had a bomb rear end corn harvest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i fear... sorry, everytime i say that i think of that coolio song. drat it is so good. you know, gangster's paradise. so good.

• Locked thread