Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Darko posted:

I got all but preview night in pre-reg, but I (think I can) help out anyone around that wants to get in now. I'll log in and join and let you guys know if I get in.

I'm up all night to get lucky but I wouldn't mind someone in my corner if nobody else desperately needs it. I don't suppose you're on Steam? (yeah I know but who uses AIM anymore)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Alan Smithee posted:

Me and another goon found a handicapped attendant pass on the street that would have probably gotten us places. We didn't use it because that would have been low down

if you do genuinely qualify for a handicapped/disabled pass I imagine there's a lot of perks that come with it fwiw

While it'd be nice, most people don't really realize what diabetes is and some milk it cause they have fat rear end diabetes or "beetus," I wouldn't abuse my condition to get ahead of any body...unless it's for a diet coke.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004

Axel Serenity posted:

Chances are, once you claim your Pro badge, they may issue an auto-refund down the road anyway.

I mean, you can buy tickets for yourself all you want; Member IDs are tied to names so as long as you are only buying for yourself there shouldn't be an issue. But, really, why would you want two badges for yourself unless you just really hate money? Pro badges give you all five days, so there wouldn't be much reason to keep the Open Reg badge.

Well the second badge I could give to a friend who didn't get one. That combined with my Pro badge and the guest badge = badges for days ya'll.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Best of luck to everyone in our yearly nerd hunger games.

:rms:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I'm screwed. Going for badges for myself, my goon boyfriend, and my cousin. 3 lost souls... and one's on a drat cellphone trying since he doesn't have access to a computer of any kind.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Pan Dulce posted:

I'm screwed. Going for badges for myself, my goon boyfriend, and my cousin. 3 lost souls... and one's on a drat cellphone trying since he doesn't have access to a computer of any kind.

Jesus Christ, tell them to go to a drat library.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Diabetic posted:

Jesus Christ, tell them to go to a drat library.

I would... but he's at one of those dead-end, do nothing jobs for the weekend and right now he's on break, on his cell. Be hard to rush to the library and make it back.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

I would... but he's at one of those dead-end, do nothing jobs for the weekend and right now he's on break, on his cell. Be hard to rush to the library and make it back.

Have him give you his information and you open another browser and take his place.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

RevKrule posted:

Have him give you his information and you open another browser and take his place.

That won't gently caress with both? I've been told not to have multiple browsers open.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
I'm running two at the moment. Shouldn't mess with anything since there have unique codes to get in. You just can't use the same link/code twice at the same time.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

That won't gently caress with both? I've been told not to have multiple browsers open.

If you have multiple browsers open with different reg information, that's fine. When you have multiple browsers open with the same reg information, only one will work.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Good luck all.

Multiple browsers will work as long as you're not using the same member ID twice.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

Buy one set for yourself

get replacement badges and have the bf crossplay as you

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Just so I know, if it ISN'T working, what'll show? Will it just look normal?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

Just so I know, if it ISN'T working, what'll show? Will it just look normal?

One browser will time out the other will take its place after a minute or 2, if it doesn't work. Otherwise they'll both look the same

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

RevKrule posted:

I can't remember if you have it but if you don't, you need the other 4 days to get Wednesday.

Also, people who miss preview night, aren't missing much at all unless you're into exclusives and aren't into big toy makers. Most exclusives now have daily allotments too. Also it's good if you're into getting commissions since some of the more popular artists can get their lists filled up fast, though even that's not what it once was. A lot of major artists now take a list Wednesday and Thursday and then decide which of those they want to do.

Yeah we got everything but Saturday and preview night in the pre-reg. Last year we got our badges on Wednesday looked around the exhibit hall and took off within like an hour, so preview nights not a big deal, but it's nice to have in case.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I got preview night last year, and ended up just sitting on Coronado beach lounging, heh.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Was playing "The Final Countdown" right before this and at 11:00 on the dot, it finished, sans preparation on my part. Hilarious good omen?

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Good luck everyone! I'm trying for my brother, my friend, and myself. Fingers crossed.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I have grown to hate blue circles.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FrensaGeran posted:

I have grown to hate blue circles.

I long for sweet death. I have seen no movement and only one person on the FB page said they got in

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
There's a few people on reddit that have said they've gotten in. So now every minute waiting is killing me. One of my group members woke up late so our chances are lowered too.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

i like tacos posted:

There's a few people on reddit that have said they've gotten in. So now every minute waiting is killing me. One of my group members woke up late so our chances are lowered too.

Abandon him. He's a weak link. He'll only hold you back.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Yeah my wife is checking twitter and seeing people getting in.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm in and I need NO tickets, ANYONE need anything, quick!

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I only need 2 days for my wife, a freidn and me, so I hope someone who needs all days utilizes your help.

I Pmed my stuff just in case, but help space butler instead

Shawn fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 21, 2015

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Pan Dulce posted:

Thurs-Sat for me and 1 other goon friend doable?

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 21, 2015

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Preview Night running low

edit:
9:30 sold out
9:41 Saturday sold out
9:45 Friday sold out
9:55 Thursday
9:59 Sunday

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 21, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

sent you PM with my ID (last name same as the member ID before the 2002)

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

welp I was hoping to get lucky and get a ticket my first time attempting to go to comic con, not feeling that hopeful now .

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

Preview Night running low

Oh no now I can't wait in line for some loving toy or something.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

If Saturday sells out I will wait anyway and be able to get 3 tickets for others.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

aint gonna lie there are years I feel like pretending I have slots just to edit gently caress beaten you goons snatching em up :saddowns:

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Pan Dulce posted:

PM'd you in case you can squeeze me and a friend in. If not, hey it was more chances than I had before.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pan Dulce is taken if for anyone who didn't read my snarky post

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

With me, my wife, and our friend waiting, my wife got in around 9:25am Pacific and got 4 day passes for all of us.

I'm keeping the waiting room page open just to see how long it could have taken.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ive got two comps waiting in line for three slots each (two different IDs); hopefully, I can get some days for some of you guys still waiting.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

My wife got in about 5 minutes ago and preview night was sold out.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MadJackal posted:

With me, my wife, and our friend waiting, my wife got in around 9:25am Pacific and got 4 day passes for all of us.

I'm keeping the waiting room page open just to see how long it could have taken.

If you get in I don't suppose you're williing to buy? You dont have pm but I could pay you since you're in LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

We've got 4 people working together and none of us has gotten in and we had rough luck in pre-reg where I was the only one to get in. I can't believe the luck this year.

E: Saturday is out.

• Locked thread