Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm just waiting for pro registration. I'm anxious because I'd really like to get one of the complimentary passes for my buddy who otherwise won't be able to make it. He can help me hand out swag and then go fetch me lattes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Too early to tell what's going to be in Hall H as big ticket stuff. All I know is, I'm gunning for Game of Thrones and Once Upon a Time. The rest are just happy accidents.

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
Me and my dad tried to get in with no luck. It would have been his first year going, and my first year actually living in San Diego.

I feel like a shell of a man.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So badges sold out in record time; this is just getting ridiculous. I fear I'll have bad luck for my Pro Badges.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not feeling so bad about my decision not to go this year. Thinking about NYCC or maybe a day of C2E2 to get my con fix, even though it won't quite be the same.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Sire Oblivion posted:

So badges sold out in record time; this is just getting ridiculous. I fear I'll have bad luck for my Pro Badges.

Even if you're Trade (Creative Pro tix are reserved), I doubt they will run out of badges unless you claim, like, the week before the Con. The randomized selection system is likely to control Guest passes, which do sell out and, at least in L.A., are one of the most popular ways of getting badges without going through O.R.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Axel Serenity posted:

Even if you're Trade (Creative Pro tix are reserved), I doubt they will run out of badges unless you claim, like, the week before the Con. The randomized selection system is likely to control Guest passes, which do sell out and, at least in L.A., are one of the most popular ways of getting badges without going through O.R.

When you say that creative pro fix are reserved, does that mean we're guaranteed a four-day pass?

Also, how does one go about getting swag onto the freebie table?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Also, how does one go about getting swag onto the freebie table?

not sure what you mean?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

not sure what you mean?
He means the table by the exit in Registration, where everything from Burlesque shows to comic book shops place their postcards.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Hijinks Ensue posted:

When you say that creative pro fix are reserved, does that mean we're guaranteed a four-day pass?

All Pro and Press badges are 4+PN. There is no option for anything else. Of course, that also means if you are a Trade Pro, which has to purchase tickets instead of getting them free like CP and Press, you can only buy the $220 option.

According to the last round of emails, Creative Pro and Press badges are guaranteed, yes.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Early bird hotels are now open for reservation.
http://comic-con.org/toucan/comic-con-2015-early-bird-hotels-are-open

That post also confirms general hotel reservations for March 24.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Pro registration is this Friday, the 27th.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
My Pro got his passes. How did you guys do?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Got my guest his complimentary pass. Woohoo! I am flat amazed at how painless that was.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Sold out in 27 minutes.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Holy poo poo, I just made it, then. Dang.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Come on Trade Pro Reg next weekend! That'd be dope as hell.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
I was able to get my Pro friends to get some badges for my sister and her friend. Hopefully I can get my own badge during Trade Pro. I'm gonna feel like a real dummy if I don't get one for myself.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I figured there would be a comic-con thread. I've been going for about 3 years straight now(thanks to my lovely girlfriend and her rear end in a top hat dad who happens to get a hold of like 10 exhibitor badges). I'm a San Diego native and I can honestly say that these past 3 years out of 25 years of living are the only times I've ever really been to comic-con. :iiam:

Anyway, I'd love to suggest a few things for any out of towners going to this years comic-con. Like ,for instance, the ever growing Offsite bullshit you can do now. The OP mentioned a bunch of things already, but there's so much going on OUTSIDE the convention center its just crazy. You got free game lounges at near by hotels, fun events for adults and kids, even offsite panels! I can't forget the crazy food trucks that pull up to the scene now! All this is just within walking distance of the convention center and the best part is that most all these things require no badge at all! :pcgaming:

To be honest, I'd rather be outside then inside with all you nerdz:colbert:

As for food, I'd like to suggest Brian's 24 http://www.brians24.com/ It's a pretty great restaurant that's not TOO far down the street from the convention center if you don't mind the walk. Best part is that is 24/7 OPEN all drat day. Think of it as a better (way better) dennys. The only problem is that they check I.D after 11 o'clock and if you're not 21 they don't let you in sadly :smith: not to sure why, prob has to do to the fact they do sell liquor and beer there.

Located at: 828 6th Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
United States

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm bookmarking that restaurant for future reference. It sounds promising.

Am bummed out because I've just learned that the freebie table is only open to panel participants and exhibitors. So I guess I'll be one of those obnoxious people standing outside the con handing out my swag (maybe it would help if I did it in my Phantom of the Paradise outfit).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

As for food, I'd like to suggest Brian's 24 http://www.brians24.com/ It's a pretty great restaurant that's not TOO far down the street from the convention center if you don't mind the walk. Best part is that is 24/7 OPEN all drat day. Think of it as a better (way better) dennys. The only problem is that they check I.D after 11 o'clock and if you're not 21 they don't let you in sadly :smith: not to sure why, prob has to do to the fact they do sell liquor and beer there.

Located at: 828 6th Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
United States

Never heard of it. Will check it out sine I coudl use a good ommelette after walking all day

Also for those of you who need a re-up of supplies, the Marriott has a room you can get into with free snacks. Just gotta flash a badge. There's no real food besides chips and cookies but there's water and soda if you don't feel like getting a big ol evian from Ralphs or paying the con tax

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
There's so much offsite poo poo happening at Comic Con now that it's probably worthwhile to there without a ticket, if you have some SD friends to crash with.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I kinda wonder if the offsite stuff will be scaling back a bit. Comic-Con's popularity has made renting space more expensive.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dr Tran posted:

I kinda wonder if the offsite stuff will be scaling back a bit. Comic-Con's popularity has made renting space more expensive.
I think we'll probably see less of the 'We rented a Spanish galleon and are offering free shaves!' Type of marketing and more renting out parking lots and breweries to hawk something.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

I think we'll probably see less of the 'We rented a Spanish galleon and are offering free shaves!' Type of marketing and more renting out parking lots and breweries to hawk something.

wait was that a thing

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

wait was that a thing

Assassin's Creed did it two separate years. Last year they offered shaves (and a hilariously bad parkour course) and the year before they rented out the Star of India.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Tran posted:

My Pro got his passes. How did you guys do?

I managed to get in, I had to do it at work and just left my work computer on the waiting room page while I did something on another computer and kept checking back and forth. The page changed and I was greeted with the "Hey, you can purchase badges here" page and jumped over quickly to get all three of mine. It went smoothly surprisingly enough but now there's the dread of hotels. I fear that's going to go really, really poorly. As of this past year I've developed some issues in my right leg and I think I've got a pinched sciatic nerve; I'm hoping for the Marriott Marina so if I have any issues with pain I can easily just go back to the hotel and rest.

Maybe it's a good thing this might be my last year going. :smith:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

RevKrule posted:

Assassin's Creed did it two separate years. Last year they offered shaves (and a hilariously bad parkour course) and the year before they rented out the Star of India.

Last year was kinda lame but the ship two years back was really cool.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zeitgueist posted:

There's so much offsite poo poo happening at Comic Con now that it's probably worthwhile to there without a ticket, if you have some SD friends to crash with.

This ^ so much this
If any of you didn't get a pass don't let that stop you from going. There's is literally so much poo poo you can do outside. Plus, alot of the really cool poo poo happens in the Bars around the GasLamp. I know Adam Savage and TESTED like going to SideBar to do things and whatnot.

And even if you're not going to an event at EVERY single drat bar has like a Cosplay night. So, if you wanna get shitfaced with all 1 million Dr.Whos, than staying offsite is for you.

Alan Smithee posted:

Never heard of it. Will check it out sine I coudl use a good ommelette after walking all day

and they have a crazy food challenge item which is just literally a pancake CAKE. Each Layer of pancake followed by a layer of steak/sausage/MEAT and than another drat pancake! :pcgaming:

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 5, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

This ^ so much this
If any of you didn't get a pass don't let that stop you from going. There's is literally so much poo poo you can do outside. Plus, alot of the really cool poo poo happens in the Bars around the GasLamp. I know Adam Savage and TESTED like going to SideBar to do things and whatnot.

And even if you're not going to an event EVERY single drat bar has like a Cosplay night. So, if you wanna get shitfaced with all 1 million Dr.Whos, than staying offsite is for you.

and they have a crazy food challenge item which is just literally a pancake CAKE. Each Layer of pancake followed by a layer of steak/sausage/MEAT and than another drat pancake! :pcgaming:

I feel like you can only do this ironically if you are one of them hot nerd types. Instead of an actual sad one filling the void

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well it's more people in a "costume" than it is to actual cosplay people. Think of it as a Halloween party.

If I had the money to actually go out to the Gaslamp during comic-con I'd prob do it. Sure, Judge Dredd, You can buy me all the jager bombs you want!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Does anyone know when Trade Pro registration will be?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Jame Gumb (yes I know that's wrong) says that Marvel studios will be skipping SDCC this year.

Hall H should be a little easier to get into on Saturday.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Parking will be by lottery now.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/11/san-diego-comic-con-parking-will-lottery-literally/

quote:

Comic-Con Fans: This time around, we’re doing it differently. We want to provide the best experience possible and take the pain and pressure out of the process. So for this years sale, we’re going to a lottery based system.

How does it work?

Registration is easy. Send an email into cci2015@aceparking.com and you’re done.

Ace will collect entries until April 12th and then hold a random drawing to select the winners.

If your entry is selected, you will be guaranteed a spot at one of our Ace locations.

The lots will be filled in order as shown below:

Convention Center
Hilton Garage
Petco Lots (excluding Campus lot which will be closed for construction during Comic-Con)
Padres Parkade
Diamond View Tower
Horton Plaza
Gaslamp City Square

Entries will be selected at random up to the capacity of each location. If your entry is selected, you will receive an email back from us by April 15th. Included in that email will be details on how to purchase your permit at the location you were drawn for. If you choose not to purchase your permit, it will be forfeited.

You must register first at the email above in order to be included in the drawing. Entries by phone, writing or through other email addresses will not be considered and only one entry per account will be considered.

The locations in the list above are the most sought after locations and therefore they are the ones that will participate in the lottery. Following the sellout of the lots above, the system will be opened to the public for purchase of any remaining inventory.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Just park in the Mariott and lose your ticket

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

From Ace's official page:

http://www.aceparking.com/comic-con/

quote:

Q: Can I register multiple times for the lottery?
A: Yes and no, the system will accept your entries, but the drawing will be restricted to one entry per email address.

So, this is dumb as hell.

I can simply create 50 email addresses and send one email from each to greatly increase my chances.

They have not thought this through.

Foppish Yet Dashing fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 12, 2015

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Another perennial is going to be a no-show this year.
GRRM thinks he needs to finish his book

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Far be it for me to call him a liar.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

welp, Hall H vacuum gotta fill that GRRM hole before it sucks in all the nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
So. Trade pro reg huh? Welp, see ya!

But seriously, when is Trade pro reg gonna happen? I have a friend from regular pro who said hotel registration is on the 24th. Trade pro should be before that right?

• Locked thread