Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I just emailed them to find out about my Trade Pro reg date.

Got this in the auto reply: "Comic-Con Trade Professional registration will occur later this spring. If you are a Trade Professional and are NOT DUE, watch your email for more information."'

edit: Actual reply:

quote:

no, trade professional registration has not yet occurred; you did not miss anything! We anticipate that it will open later this month.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I just got an email from Trade Pro.

Registration is open NOW. Right now. I clicked the link and paid and got my badge and verification.

quote:

EPIC Online Trade Professional Badge Registration for Comic-Con 2015 is now open! To register for your trade professional badge, please visit https://www.tradeshowregistrar.com/tpro_cci_15/?event=CC2015

Your EPIC registration login information is your Member ID and last name. Please be sure to have this information ready, as we will not be able to look it up on the day of registration. You can find this information online by logging in to your Member ID account and selecting the “Professionals” tab.

EPIC Online Trade Professional Badge Registration will close on June 17th, 2015, or when trade professional registration has reached capacity and badges are no longer available. There will be no onsite registration.

This email is not a confirmation of registration. Even if you have been approved and verified as a trade professional by Comic-Con International, you still must register for your badge online while supplies last. Please keep in mind that trade professional badges are limited, and you must complete the online registration process before it reaches capacity to receive your Comic-Con 2015 trade professional badge.

Badges for both trade professionals and their guest are limited in quantity. Trade professionals are allowed to purchase a badge for one guest while supplies last. Be sure to register your guest at the same time you register for your own badge, as guest badges may not be available at a later date.

Trade professional guest badges can be used to register an adult or junior guest (age 13 to 17). The badge price is the same ($220), whether the guest is a junior or an adult when purchased through trade professional registration. Children age 12 and under are free with a trade professional badge and do not count toward your guest limit. Child badges must be registered onsite at Industry Registration in Lobby D.

For more information on trade professional badge registration for Comic-Con 2015, please visit http://www.comic-con.org/cci/professionals

Sincerely,
Professional Registration
Comic-Con International

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
I just got mine, and a guest badge for a friend as well. No hassle at all. Weird how out of the blue it was, but I'll take it.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Any word on hotel registration?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Any word on hotel registration?

Supposedly Tuesday.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Anyone buying trade pro who hasn't bought a guest badge yet? Not sure how my having a Thursday amd Sunday pass would effect availability but yeah

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

RevKrule posted:

Supposedly Tuesday.

Officially Tuesday now.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Did an email go out? I haven't gotten one.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/2015-hotel-reservations-open-tuesday-march-24

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm worried about putting all my eggs in one basket. If all my choices are downtown hotels and I don't get any, I'm out of luck. Should I pick four downtown and two elsewhere hotels?

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I'm worried about putting all my eggs in one basket. If all my choices are downtown hotels and I don't get any, I'm out of luck. Should I pick four downtown and two elsewhere hotels?

That is probably wise. The shuttle service is pretty spectacular, so not being downtown isn't much of an imposition at all.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I go all in and type fast.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Outside of the Marriot, what are the other hotels that are really drat close I should aim for?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
The omni is the worst hotel in the history of hotels. only the dumbest, richest idiots in the world would even consider staying there. smart, handsome con goers know to avoid it at all costs.

please work please work please work

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Hilton Bayview (Indigo Ballroom / Hall H adjacent)

Across the street:
Hard Rock
Hilton Gaslamp
Omni

Gaslamp:
Marriot Gaslamp
Hotel Solamar
Residence Inn Gaslamp

Short walks:
Embassy Suites
Manchester Hyatt

Next to Ralphs:
Westin Gaslamp

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The Westgate is 7 blocks away and very nice. A little foofy in its decor but the staff are very nice.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Remind me again, what does Gaslamp mean in terms of distance away from the convention site?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Close enough to walk.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah it's pretty much the whole district next to it, every street with a letter I guess?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The PDF lists the distance from each hotel to the convention center. Basically anything a mile and under is walk-able (though if you're in cumbersome cosplay the shuttle is an option).

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Pan Dulce posted:

Remind me again, what does Gaslamp mean in terms of distance away from the convention site?

red area = gaslamp quarter

it's all very close together

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Guests of pros cannot register for a hotel?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dr Tran posted:

Guests of pros cannot register for a hotel?

btw do you want me to try too? You always seem to get 1 of 2 top picks

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Godspeed tomorrow goons.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
May the odds be ever in your… oh, never mind.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'm actually nervous and it's so stupid that I'm nervous over a loving hotel room.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Ew, it got congested this year. Got through in about 30 seconds, but it took a minute for the form to load.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah, it was super congested. Also they had one list rather than preference choices which threw me for a loop.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
3 minutes, too drat slow

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Took 4 minutes on my end. gently caress.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, the lag and the list made it slow. That list selection process was terrible. 3 min for me as well.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

And now we wait... UGH so frightened. I just want to be near the con without using the drat shuttle. Hoping to load up with fellow goons like I did the last time around just to make things a little cheaper. It was fun and safe, no one was a creep or a serial killer.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Same entry time as others... 4 min. Ugh.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Just a little over 3 minutes for me as it took a minute for the page to load. I put four downtowns, one airport and one Mission Valley, and told them to put me on any that had a shuttle if those weren't available. At least we should hear back within the next couple days.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

If you don't get one of these, just do Coronado island. Rooms ALWAYS open up later, the hotel is full of the larger stars, and you just have to walk or take the free bus down to the ferry and you're right there. And it has an awesome beach, etc. It's much better than anything on the shuttle route.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
My actual input time was about the same as last year at around a minute, minute-and-a-half. I wouldn't worry too much about it being slow to load since it was the same for everyone.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The first time the form loaded there was a hotel selection tab but I couldn't actually select any of the hotels, just look at them. Took me a whole minute to realize I wasn't just crazy and needed to reload the page. gently caress.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Darko posted:

If you don't get one of these, just do Coronado island. Rooms ALWAYS open up later, the hotel is full of the larger stars, and you just have to walk or take the free bus down to the ferry and you're right there. And it has an awesome beach, etc. It's much better than anything on the shuttle route.

SHHHH!!!! Coronado is my secret reserve!!!!

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
This form was horrible. I was helping my parents through it, and not having checkboxes or something for the hotels is the worst.

E: And just realized this was a bug. I had to resend my forms even though they warned against it. Welp, Hope I get the Embassy Suites at least.

Neraren fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RevKrule posted:

SHHHH!!!! Coronado is my secret reserve!!!!

I meant to say, uh, get the Hampton Inn on the shuttle route - yeah!

• Locked thread