Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I'm honestly too drunk to watch the godfather right now because I have no freaking clue whats going on but the intelligence weenies have 130 sets of ears on string so hes aces in my book even if he prob made the katrina stuff up. It made for a cool book im like 3/4 of the way through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

people here think bush is actually retarded but that dude flew fighter jets at an age where a sadly high % of people (if e/n and the new years resolution threads are any barometer) here are too mentally ill to get their driver's license.
tbh it's easier to blow up a hut with a jdam than it is to observe no turn on red

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
yea you just hold LT

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
if you gave me a few months I could probably fly around an air base every so often and never actually do anything, too.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I bet theyd just let you hop in day 1 if you told them you beat all the Ace Combats

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Also americans have child like wonder at believing media stories or a administration talking point

Tillman was a hero killed in a firefight since the actual facts tell a more depressing story.

tillman was a legit good dude who turned down a potentially lucrative career in the nfl after the post-911 patriot wave hit america like a tsunami and was quick to realize just how much he'd been had.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

I bet theyd just let you hop in day 1 if you told them you beat all the Ace Combats

given bush i think that would make me overqualified

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Baby?
Baby?
Baby?
Baby!
Baby.
Baby....?

Fin.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
America loving rules

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone who hates America: just jealous

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

tillman was a legit good dude who turned down a potentially lucrative career in the nfl after the post-911 patriot wave hit america like a tsunami and was quick to realize just how much he'd been had.

His unit destroyed his body armor and also burned his personal journal to help cover up what really happened.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

His unit destroyed his body armor and also burned his personal journal to help cover up what really happened.

wrong, they burned those things as a part of the traditional army funeral. you are a conspiracy nut

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

CountingCrows posted:

my favorite part of the "well made movie" was when they used the same sound effects from the battlefield 4 video game commercials. Dzzzzzt, dzzzzt.

well that and the part with the baby that was an obvious doll.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Frostwerks posted:

didn't he die as a result of friendly fire?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

spacemang_spliff posted:

he thinks they murdered him on purpose because of speculation he might have thought being in Iraq sucked. Since hed be the only human being to ever think Iraq sucked they had to keep him quiet.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
they being the reptiles of course

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yeah and the government had a intensive cover-up campaign to claim he was heroically killed in combat.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

Yeah and the government had a intensive cover-up campaign to claim he was heroically killed in combat.

yeah, wow, shocking

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it was definitely propaganda

against the dangers of heart disease

remember to get your loving blood pressure checked

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

horrible texan causes death of other horrible texan

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So why are we impressed that this garbage idiot killed 300 sand jawas? Isn't that his loving job? A meaningless job at that. If you think about all the blood, effort and money spent on iraq and the state it's currently in couldn't you technically argue that this fucktard didn't do enough ? Maybe he should have stuck that 50 cal up his own rear end in 2003 and saved the world the trouble of having to hear about bradley cooper bulking up on roids for a movie.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

people here think bush is actually retarded but that dude flew fighter jets at an age where a sadly high % of people (if e/n and the new years resolution threads are any barometer) here are too mentally ill to get their driver's license.

same thing with W getting laid...he was a male cheerleader after all, just imagine the tail that would have been avail

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, not a lot of supporting our troops goin on in this thread.. heh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

a creepy colon posted:

Wow, not a lot of supporting our troops goin on in this thread.. heh

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whoa, epic bumper sticker ftw :eyepop:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

afkmacro posted:

So why are we impressed that this garbage idiot killed 300 sand jawas? Isn't that his loving job? A meaningless job at that. If you think about all the blood, effort and money spent on iraq and the state it's currently in couldn't you technically argue that this fucktard didn't do enough ? Maybe he should have stuck that 50 cal up his own rear end in 2003 and saved the world the trouble of having to hear about bradley cooper bulking up on roids for a movie.

the best answer you're going to get is the article linked in this post, which you should read because it's really good

Monkey Fracas posted:

I was reading this article (http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/12/the-tragedy-of-the-american-military/383516/) and it said a big part of the whole unassailable military-worship thing is the fact that not that many people are in the military compared to like WW2

like there just are not enough people around to spread tales of military incompetence and dumb things that happen in the armed services anymore or something and it has become this mysterious force nobody understands or questions

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

proof of concept posted:

the best answer you're going to get is the article linked in this post, which you should read because it's really good

whoa, that's pretty deep. makes me want to join up and kill some babies to get the real story out

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

ethanol posted:

whoa, that's pretty deep. makes me want to join up and kill some babies to get the real story out

Baby?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I dunno. Hiding in the bushes and killing schmoes from a mile away puts snipers on the pussy end of the serial killer scale. At least guys like Bundy and Dahmer were willing to get in there and get their hands dirty. You gotta respect that.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

that nyer article is lol tx for posting

quote:

Like Mooney, I also heard many of Kyle’s friends and associates tell this story. Details varied, but the ending was the same: Kyle drove away without being charged and, as Mooney put it in a related blog post, later received “e-mails from police officers all over the country, thanking him for ‘cleaning up the streets.’ ” Mooney never saw the security tape or found other corroborating evidence, such as police files or a coroner’s report for the dead carjackers. “Consider this story confirmed by the man himself,” he wrote in the blog post, in which he described Kyle as a “true American badass” and a “real-life action hero.”

There is cause to be skeptical. The counties of Erath, Somervell, and Johnson cover the stretch of highway where the incident supposedly happened. Tommy Bryant, the sheriff of Erath County, told me that he could “guar-an-drat-tee it didn’t happen here.” Greg Doyle, the sheriff of Somervell County, said that he had “never heard” the story, which he found “kinda shocking,” and added, “It did not occur here.” Bob Alford, the sheriff of Johnson County, told a local reporter, “If something like that happened here I would have heard of it, and I’m sure you all at the newspaper would have heard of it.” These denials do not automatically disprove the story, of course. And it’s true that certain operatives, from certain government offices and agencies, drive government-registered vehicles whose license plates prompt civilian authorities to contact a call center in the event of an accident or a traffic stop. But a SEAL with extensive experience in special-mission units told me that the notion of such a provision being in place for a former SEAL driving a private vehicle was “bullshit.”

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

what a nutcase

quote:

Kyle seemed to consider himself a cross between a lawman and an executioner. His platoon had spray-painted the image of the Punisher—a Marvel Comics character who wages “a one-man war upon crime”—on their flak jackets and helmets. Kyle made a point of ignoring the military dress code, cutting the sleeves off shirts and wearing baseball caps instead of a helmet. (“Ninety per cent of being cool is looking cool,” he wrote.)

Like many soldiers, Kyle was deeply religious and saw the Iraq War through that prism. He tattooed one of his arms with a red crusader’s cross, wanting “everyone to know I was a Christian.” When he learned that insurgents had placed a bounty on his head and had named him al-Shaitan Ramadi—the Devil of Ramadi—he felt “proud.” He “hated the drat savages” he was fighting. In his book, he recounts telling an Army colonel, “I don’t shoot people with Korans. I’d like to, but I don’t.”

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus gently caress. they look like lovely bad guy mercs in a video game. the ones that get off shooting civies because "gently caress it" and think ROE is evil and inevitably beg and poo poo themselves when shot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

pengun101 posted:

jesus gently caress. they look like lovely bad guy mercs in a video game. the ones that get off shooting civies because "gently caress it" and think ROE is evil and inevitably beg and poo poo themselves when shot.

For some reason sending over texans with crusader cross tattoos, who also hate muslims didn't work out to well for the USA.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

you could probably dig up chris kyle's rotting corpse and gently caress it he wouldnt resist

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Watch this one
https://vimeo.com/15905572

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

etalian posted:

For some reason sending over texans with crusader cross tattoos, who also hate muslims didn't work out to well for the USA.

yeah. the guy is prick, alot of the dudes who write those tell all military books seem to be. I guess you have seen awful poo poo and are jaded as gently caress in alot of cases. but this prick seemed to have a full erection whenever he took a life. Then again, I laugh at videos of ISIS members getting blow up or sniped. so maybe its natural. Then again, I remeber when i was like 10, my alciholic super right wing uncle forces me to watch war footage with him and he kept laughing at dudes getting blown in half. so I blame him. loving chicken hawk lush.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

etalian posted:

Jarhead is a good military film because it doesn't show the military in a positive light.

When I saw Jarhead this group of like 6 rowdy Marine bros came in a few minutes late and were shouting "OORAH" along with the characters during the boot camp scenes. After it was over I walked out of the theater and saw them standing in the lobby, starring at the ground and not saying anything. It was kinda surreal.

so the moral of American Sniper is Chris Kyle cures his PTSD through sheer force of will and then gets killed by someone who just didn't have the balls. cool job clint.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

After it was over I walked out of the theater and saw them standing in the lobby, starring at the ground and not saying anything. It was kinda surreal.

It was the cuck scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ethanol posted:

It was the cuck scene

more like the deer hunter scene which had a good twist ending

• Locked thread