Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

script kitty posted:

I literally just made some bulletproof coffee (hint: it's not expensive)

1. Grind coffee
2. Brew coffee. I used a pourover stand for this
3. Add other things to it. I added a splash of almond milk and a 1/2 Tbsp of butter
4. Mix it up

I put it in something like this:

You just shake it up a bit and you're done. Brought this poo poo to work it's really tasty. Well that's about it.

shill account spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
put 5 hour energy shot into cofey :)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

matrix ripoff posted:

put 5 hour energy shot into cofey :)

Or whiskey

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

script kitty posted:

I literally just made some bulletproof coffee (hint: it's not expensive)

1. Grind coffee
2. Brew coffee. I used a pourover stand for this
3. Add other things to it. I added a splash of almond milk and a 1/2 Tbsp of butter
4. Mix it up

I put it in something like this:

You just shake it up a bit and you're done. Brought this poo poo to work it's really tasty. Well that's about it.

Does the butter change the texture?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
5 ounces of flat Clearly Canadian works just as well as cream fresh from the cow's tit imho

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

psyopmonkey posted:

Does the butter change the texture?

Depends on how much butter you add, and how well you blend it. And it's also better to drink it before it starts to get lukewarm. If you do it correctly, the texture will be slightly thicker but still very smooth, but it should not be lumpy or gritty.

I generally don't like to use too much or any butter, but if I'm in a pinch for time or just plain hungry I will make coffee like this.

It's pretty good with coconut oil, too, if you like the flavor of that.

plain blue jacket posted:

shill account spotted

Rude! You can also use an immersion blender or a whisk. I just think the bottle is convenient cause you can use it on the go and there's minimal clean-up.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
just drink coffee black you loving nerds

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Spanish Manlove posted:

There are so many ways to drink a coffee, and while black is my preferred for most blends, it can be fun to spice up your coffee with different ingredients.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

at least one smart poster itt

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

script kitty posted:

There are so many ways to drink a coffee, and while black is my preferred for most blends, it can be fun to spice up your coffee with different ingredients.

well then i guess you could put stuff like whiskey or some raspberries in it if you wanted something different compared to a different roast

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
My roommate wasted all my butter making bulletproof coffee before she realized how dumb it was two weeks later.

There's a Simpsons episode where Homer putting butter in his coffee was a gag. It seemed like something no one would ever do back in 1998.

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
coffee nerds are as bad as all other nerds

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
Awww yes I love making irish coffee. I make it by pulling a double shot of espresso, adding 1.5oz of whiskey, 1oz irish cream, 3oz steamed half-n-half and 1oz whipped heavy cream. YEAHHHHHH!

As for raspberries in coffee is that a thing? Huh. I dunno, I've had a splash of burgundy in coffee and it's not bad but raspberries... HUhhhhmmm

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
you're also only supposed to put butter made from the milk of grassfed, free range yaks from a certain steppe in mongolia or something if I remember this right from the first tiem I saw it a few years ago

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

script kitty posted:

As for raspberries in coffee is that a thing? Huh. I dunno, I've had a splash of burgundy in coffee and it's not bad but raspberries... HUhhhhmmm

actually I have no idea i just got a free dash of raspberry syrup in my cafe americano one morning on the way to work and it was so good that I want to try it with real raspberries and some full espresso tomorrow morning

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Redjakk posted:

My roommate wasted all my butter making bulletproof coffee before she realized how dumb it was two weeks later.

There's a Simpsons episode where Homer putting butter in his coffee was a gag. It seemed like something no one would ever do back in 1998.

Ancient wisdom brought down from the Himalayas is pretty 90's when you think about it.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Spanish Manlove posted:

you're also only supposed to put butter made from the milk of grassfed, free range yaks from a certain steppe in mongolia or something if I remember this right from the first tiem I saw it a few years ago

You're right... poo poo. Well I'm gonna go clear out my fridge of all the non-free range non-organic foods. :looks in fridge, has nothing in it anyway, cries:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Arian_Samurai posted:

You have to drink the coffee with your butt

It's the stupidest posts that really get me sometimes.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Spanish Manlove posted:

what else would a yak eat, chips??

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

If I drank coffee, I'd add some butter to it! Also that guy's voice grates on my very soul; there is something very horrible about it.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

plain blue jacket posted:

what else would a yak eat, chips??

In America that yak would have a nutrient enima shot up it's rear end 24 hours a day to make it reach full size in 12 weeks.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Here's a good writeup of trying it for 2 weeks

spoiler: no soylent-levels of farting

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I like how adding butter to your coffee rather than just drinking it black is supposed to improve weightloss.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
toxins? in my coffee? It's more likely than you think.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

exquisite tea posted:

It dissolves and you get creamy, frothy coffee about the same consistency as a latte. It's not a HEALTH MIRACLE but you could do worse things to coffee, like for example put chocolate syrup in it and sell it for $5 as a seasonal Starbucks flavor.

What does Starbucks call that, it sounds good

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spanish Manlove posted:

I tried drinking coffee the black way once, I still have the scars the police gave me.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ArbitraryC posted:

I like how adding butter to your coffee rather than just drinking it black is supposed to improve weightloss.

quote:

Butter from grain-fed animals has a different fat composition. It doesn’t blend as well, doesn’t taste as good, and lacks fat soluble vitamins (which is one of the reasons this makes you Bulletproof).

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

ArbitraryC posted:

protip: fat doesnt make you fat. it's very satiating too so ya make that in the morning and run out the door youll be fine till lunch or later

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
BUTTER MUST COME FROM GRASSFED COWS

hurr

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

script kitty posted:

protip: fat doesnt make you fat. it's very satiating too so ya make that in the morning and run out the door youll be fine till lunch or later

Nothing makes you fat. Consuming extra unnecessary calories makes you fat and adding butter and oil to an otherwise healthy drink and thinking that it will promote weightloss is absurd,borderline spectrum behavior.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Hobohemian posted:

Nothing makes you fat. Consuming extra unnecessary calories makes you fat and adding butter and oil to an otherwise healthy drink and thinking that it will promote weightloss is absurd,borderline spectrum behavior.

oh ok

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

script kitty posted:

BUTTER MUST COME FROM GRASSFED COWS

hurr

happy cows come from california

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Sometimes I feel like the current thought technology paradigm is created by the mutant offspring of HR and PR troglodytes.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well yeah he's right fat can be pretty good for you, the lack of fat in foods is what lead to the increased amounts of sugar in them.

With the higher % of sugar in most foods you have the increase in diabetes. Fat is what gives most foods flavor which was why sugar was used in it's place.

Lets not forget that Olive Oil can be used as a butter substitute and that's an incredible calorie rich food.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
spanish coffee is where you pour olive oil into your coffee and then don't go to work anyway because you don't have a job

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Spanish Manlove posted:

spanish coffee is where you pour olive oil into your coffee and then don't go to work anyway because you don't have a job

and yet when you had jobs you elected to take a loving siesta from 1pm to 6pm because gently caress work, which wow maybe that could have an effect on the economy

just saying

when I visited Barzelona everyone was loving napping at tourist prime times, wtf

work 24/7 or else

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
bulletproof coffee seems OK but its proponents seem really weird and culty

special MYCOTOXIN FREE coffee beans
grassfed only butter

the whole thing kind of smacks of the typical snakeoil bullshit that we've seen a million times before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Don Tacorleone posted:

and yet when you had jobs you elected to take a loving siesta from 1pm to 6pm because gently caress work, which wow maybe that could have an effect on the economy

just saying

when I visited Barzelona everyone was loving napping at tourist prime times, wtf

work 24/7 or else

i dunno that sounds kinda nice

• Locked thread