Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
I literally just made some bulletproof coffee (hint: it's not expensive)

1. Grind coffee
2. Brew coffee. I used a pourover stand for this
3. Add other things to it. I added a splash of almond milk and a 1/2 Tbsp of butter
4. Mix it up

I put it in something like this:

You just shake it up a bit and you're done. Brought this poo poo to work it's really tasty. Well that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

psyopmonkey posted:

Does the butter change the texture?

Depends on how much butter you add, and how well you blend it. And it's also better to drink it before it starts to get lukewarm. If you do it correctly, the texture will be slightly thicker but still very smooth, but it should not be lumpy or gritty.

I generally don't like to use too much or any butter, but if I'm in a pinch for time or just plain hungry I will make coffee like this.

It's pretty good with coconut oil, too, if you like the flavor of that.

plain blue jacket posted:

shill account spotted

Rude! You can also use an immersion blender or a whisk. I just think the bottle is convenient cause you can use it on the go and there's minimal clean-up.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Spanish Manlove posted:

just drink coffee black you loving nerds

There are so many ways to drink a coffee, and while black is my preferred for most blends, it can be fun to spice up your coffee with different ingredients.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
Awww yes I love making irish coffee. I make it by pulling a double shot of espresso, adding 1.5oz of whiskey, 1oz irish cream, 3oz steamed half-n-half and 1oz whipped heavy cream. YEAHHHHHH!

As for raspberries in coffee is that a thing? Huh. I dunno, I've had a splash of burgundy in coffee and it's not bad but raspberries... HUhhhhmmm

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Spanish Manlove posted:

you're also only supposed to put butter made from the milk of grassfed, free range yaks from a certain steppe in mongolia or something if I remember this right from the first tiem I saw it a few years ago

You're right... poo poo. Well I'm gonna go clear out my fridge of all the non-free range non-organic foods. :looks in fridge, has nothing in it anyway, cries:

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

ArbitraryC posted:

I like how adding butter to your coffee rather than just drinking it black is supposed to improve weightloss.

protip: fat doesnt make you fat. it's very satiating too so ya make that in the morning and run out the door youll be fine till lunch or later

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
BUTTER MUST COME FROM GRASSFED COWS

hurr

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Hobohemian posted:

Nothing makes you fat. Consuming extra unnecessary calories makes you fat and adding butter and oil to an otherwise healthy drink and thinking that it will promote weightloss is absurd,borderline spectrum behavior.

oh ok

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Don Tacorleone posted:

and yet when you had jobs you elected to take a loving siesta from 1pm to 6pm because gently caress work, which wow maybe that could have an effect on the economy

just saying

when I visited Barzelona everyone was loving napping at tourist prime times, wtf

work 24/7 or else

i dunno that sounds kinda nice

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Monkey Fracas posted:

bulletproof coffee seems OK but its proponents seem really weird and culty

special MYCOTOXIN FREE coffee beans
grassfed only butter

the whole thing kind of smacks of the typical snakeoil bullshit that we've seen a million times before

the guy who 'invented' it is a big tool and the organic/paleo people love their broscience

just make good healthy food and enjoy it ok guys, dang

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

ArbitraryC posted:

Actually a bunch of studies have shown that drinking calories won't really satiate you as much as eating calories will. That's why you can pound away a thousand calorie shake but could probably not eat a dozen eggs in one sitting. Fat isn't bad in general of course, but adding extra fat to your drink certainly isn't going to help you lose weight.

ok let's compare abs and see who is the real correct person here EH?!!? EH?!

But yeah I do agree I would rather eat something than drink it cause it makes me feel fuller.

And I can totally eat a dozen or more eggs in a sitting. And I'm tiny and kawaii~

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

JiveHonky posted:

i am 75 to 88 lbs overweight, how much butter coffee do i need to eat

skip the coffee and eat butter. here's a good butter recipe:

Delicious asian style butter treat
1. 1 stick of butter
2. 1/3 cup salt
3. 1/3 cup soy sauce

Melt ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve on to a large dinner plate and lap it up like a kitten.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Un chien andalou posted:

Also popular among the paleo crowd is putting orgnaic heavy (35%) cream in your coffee. Apparently all the good stuff in milk is removed with the fat so this is healthier because it gives you more CLAs or something.

Actually, Paleo people do not consume dairy products.

And heavy cream in coffee is great

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
http://dailycoffeenews.com/2015/01/15/a-branded-bulletproof-coffee-shop-is-coming-to-santa-monica/

lmfao

you poor dumb trogs in santa monica. im so sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
moka pots own i got one at a thrift store for $5 and it makes great thick coffee to then pour whiskey into

• Locked thread