Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

i like when bioware goes back and tries to shoehorn in PC stuff like gay romance options and changing lead characters to girls like they meant to all along even though the cover of the game had a guy on it

In dragon age 3 there are as many gay love options as there are straight lol. They know the people who love that poo poo are catladies who fantasize about smooth bishies kissing all day long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

gnarlyhotep posted:

Oh I thought you had to, maybe I'll go back and try it again

I'd honestly skip the first game because the gameplay is atrociously bad and the story isn't really special. Mass Effect 2 & 3 have really fun gameplay though, its kind of shocking how much they improved it.

Shame about everything else.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Internet Kraken posted:

I'd honestly skip the first game because the gameplay is atrociously bad and the story isn't really special. Mass Effect 2 & 3 have really fun gameplay though, its kind of shocking how much they improved it.

Shame about everything else.
It was the vanguard warp charge that changed everything in 2 and 3. gently caress that was fun.

As for MS1 just look up the conversation with Sovereign on youtube it's pretty much the best and only need-to-know part. I didn't really mind the rest tho.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
the reapers are just a metaphor for the jews IMO

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:iceburn:

naem
May 29, 2011

Can the purple lady's starfish hair stuck up and wiggle around? Because that could be pretty sexual

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

naem posted:

Can the purple lady's starfish hair stuck up and wiggle around? Because that could be pretty sexual

The Asari scalp "tentacles" are flexible but not capable of moving on their own, according to a conversation between Joker and Liara in ME3 :crossarms:

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

script kitty posted:

shepard is a guy or a girl depending on what you pick in character creation tho?

edit: although I did lol pretty hard when Kaiden suddenly caught the gay

you know what I was almost positive that they went back and said that canon shep is the female version but I can't find that so I suppose I'm wrong.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Best way to play games like this is to make the character's face look as retarded as possible, like seriously hosed up, no-way-in-hell is that a natural human face

That way you can pretend nobody in the game actually thinks the main character is important, they're just all kinda doing them a favor and don't have the heart to tell them what they really think

Commander Shepherd, the galactic super hero, and humanity's Very Special Boy

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Justin Tyme posted:

Best way to play games like this is to make the character's face look as retarded as possible, like seriously hosed up, no-way-in-hell is that a natural human face

That way you can pretend nobody in the game actually thinks the main character is important, they're just all kinda doing them a favor and don't have the heart to tell them what they really think

Commander Shepherd, the galactic super hero, and humanity's Very Special Boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZNhJ1UbDK4

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

no kidding

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks epic as hell op, thanks for psoting about this hiddden gem

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Best way to play me2 is to do a kill all your followers playthrough

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Bacontotem posted:

Best way to play me2 is to do a kill all your followers playthrough

all except liara

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You have to actively try to get everyone killed in ME2. Like, carefully plan decisions to gently caress up as much as humanly possible and ruin everything. Its actually kind of fascinating.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
isn't the main character technically a trans, why anita not talk about how great this game was non stop?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
my favorite battle in mass effect is with Plorple Greensbottom

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i heard of this game but i also heard that it will break physx for other games like mirror's edge so i did not play it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

they calls me mr robot-toe

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:stare:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

We call that one a blue snapper

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

fully functional, captain

naem
May 29, 2011

Anyone else rely like the mini game where you mine for stuff? Every day after work WEEENENENENENENENENENENE FOUND! UNUBTANIUM

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

that's a man (sometimes).

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOILETLORD posted:

that's a man (sometimes).

so are you

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Which goon was it that spent hundreds on lovely me2 emotes and bragged about it every chance he got

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

TOILETLORD posted:

isn't the main character technically a trans, why anita not talk about how great this game was non stop?

kill yourself

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

that looks like a album cover for christian rock.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Nobody cares because you can't shoot guns and gently caress sexy aliens in those books.

did you even read foundation i'm rpetty sure the goon character gets to bone the hot gaia chick

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
I like Mass Effect. It's a good game. My favorite part is when Luke Skywalker blew up the halo ring and then in the second game the Aliens escaped and have war with the Predators. Then The terminator cummed all over the place as it killed the aliens and predators. At the end it turned out the Terminator was Darth Vader all along, so Vader went back to time to stop everything and now there was two Halo ringworlds. Holy poo poo! Vader and Lando teamed up to form Team Rocket, they had to collect poke mons to battle Luke Skytalker while the aliens and predators duked it out. Epic as gently caress, man.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lmao...that's not in tghe game at all....those are other things

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

my name is comamnder shepard and these are my fave pussy lipse in gbs

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Which goon was it that spent hundreds on lovely me2 emotes and bragged about it every chance he got

I dunno but I remember when ME3 came out a ton of money was wasted on buying avatars for bad posters in the thread. One guy got his avatar changed like a dozen times. I kind of hope they were all bought by the same disgruntled goon.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I haven't actually played a video game since Silent Hill 2 and 3 came out, and I didn't really like playing the games so much as I liked the weird poo poo happening on screen. But i like sci-fi stuff with cool spaceships and aliens and I've watched poo poo like Stargate and Trek and Farscape and poo poo and I love it so people keep telling me I would like these games because the story is just so fuckin good. would a easy going chilled out guy such as myself who doesn't really dig video games still enjoy this Mass affect: the trilogy? or do I have to learn to like pressing buttons first

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

That's a mod or something, right?

It wasn't like that in retail.......right? :negative:

I'm assuming/hoping it's just a photoshop.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

KiddieGrinder posted:

That's a mod or something, right?

It wasn't like that in retail.......right? :negative:

I'm assuming/hoping it's just a photoshop.

Dude, that is in the retail version, hand to God.

Also the banshees, the bigass reaperized asari? Totally have fully rendered genitalia.

In Mass Effect, if something can be horny, it will be horny.

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.
God drat loving nerds. I swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

• Locked thread