Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Fetus Tree posted:

i can't even get laid in mass effect

maybe if you increased your physical stats to affect your mass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

fertilize the blue space alien thing. look just trust us ob this she wants your human sperm even though it makes no conceivable sense

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i expected jack to be some hosed up crawling on the ceiling wizard sex but instead it was just more weird and awkward than usual

talk about blueballs

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

2 was great, 3 was ok up until the ending. I never played the first one.

However if we didn't have Mass Effect we'd never have had that goonmade Mass Effect coloring book which would be a crime against humanity so.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The fact that nerds think Bioware produced good writing proves they've never consumed media outside of Joss Whedon. Jesus christ some of the stuff from Dragon Age on YouTube is cringe-inducing.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

TOILETLORD posted:

it was all just stolen from other things, but they know their target audience didn't watch or read enough sci-fi to tell.

it's like, i just don't care, man

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The fact that nerds think Bioware produced good writing proves they've never consumed media outside of Joss Whedon. Jesus christ some of the stuff from Dragon Age on YouTube is cringe-inducing.

Mass Effect 3's story mode made me lol so hard when I first saw it. Read a book if that's what you want to do, nerds.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

which nerds think bioware has good writing i thought it was just fat cat ladies

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Phlegmish posted:

which nerds think bioware has good writing i thought it was just fat cat ladies

back when black isle made all of biowareez games

naem
May 29, 2011

It's not like there is much competition in the "good video game story" dept

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
pretty sure bioware were photoshopping pics they found on google (for character art) images back in the loving baldur's gate days, and they got called out on it back then too. And they used really loving obvious stuff like a pic of Arnold Schwarzenegger too I think?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
ME3 was really bad

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

ME3 was really bad

Fun multiplayer tho

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
dem titties

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Lmfao

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

This exists.

I have such wonderful things to show you :unsmigghh:

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 20, 2015

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

TheSpiritFox posted:

This exists.

Needs full body leather bondage suit.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

The only good thing that came out of Mass Effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGldy-ABbsw

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

TheSpiritFox posted:

The only good thing that came out of Mass Effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGldy-ABbsw

sry theres more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFCZMEwl_K8

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I counter your parody rap with non parody rap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzHqQbz78-s

And raise you ME Valentines.

And Hanar Cosplay

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 20, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only thing worse than Bioware is their insane fanbase.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Ah. Yes.

Excellent.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

TheSpiritFox posted:

And raise you ME Valentines.

And Hanar Cosplay

Man I thought we said good things this wasn't in the deal!

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Personally, I welcome a future where you can see everyone's rear end cracks through their lovely space clothes. Skin-tight onesies are the future, guys.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

The Skeleton King posted:

Personally, I welcome a future where you can see everyone's rear end cracks through their lovely space clothes. Skin-tight onesies are the future, guys.

Evidently you haven't been outside in the last 10 years because yoga pants

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

site posted:

Evidently you haven't been outside in the last 10 years because yoga pants

This. Athleta is to the 21st century that Aerobic gear was to the 80s. It loving owns. And being old enough to enjoy both time periods and the eye candy also is pretty awesome.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Yoga pants are amazing

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Rex Deckard posted:

Went Jack and never went back.

Jack doesn't do Femsheps, despite talking about having threesomes in her backstory. :(

The Skeleton King posted:

rear end Effect

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

But what happens when yoga pants become yoga onesies? Will science have gone too far then?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
at that point science will finally be pulling its weight

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Young Freud posted:

rear end Effect

Suffering daily an absence of laws against yoga pants on 400lbs people, id go with "rear end Infect"

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

TheSpiritFox posted:

I have such wonderful things to show you :unsmigghh:

what

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Slap omni-gel on everything :liara:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
we'll bang ok?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fRuoMIfpw

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

TOILETLORD posted:

it was all just stolen from other things, but they know their target audience didn't watch or read enough sci-fi to tell.

A sci-fi concept can be unoriginal in one form of media, but very original in another form. There are so few games and movies with those kind of environments like the Citadel in Mass Effect, we need more of them.

I welcome "stealing" if it means things get realised for the first time outside of novels/drawings. Taking something previously locked to one type of media by the limits of technology (in ME's case, drawings by Syd Mead/NASA from the 70's and concepts in sci-fi books) and realising it in another form of media is a GOOD thing.

A lot of people say the film Elysium wasn't very original, but that's only in terms of the isolated designs and ideas. In terms of live-action film though, it alleviated a kind of "starvation" for that type of media.

psyman fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jan 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Mass Effect was a lovely game and playing through the game was the worst experience in my life.

• Locked thread