Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
It all started with a red button being pressed somewhere in the world.

First came the missiles..

And then the bombs..

And with what was left, people tried to rebuild.

There was a problem however. It was at this time that our 'Lord and Saviour' as he was once known decided to inflict his wrath upon an already hurting world.

The Angels descended from their place on high, their physical forms differing wildly but all as one in their purpose. On the first day they were greeted as saviours, on the second there was nobody left to greet them. Their true and bloody natures revealed. The remaining pockets of surviving humanity did what mammals have always done in times like these, they hid.

With the descent of the angels came the ascent of the Demons, seemingly foul and distorted visions of man and beast. With this, the lies of the 'Father' were drawn back revealing the truth. The Demons acted to protect what was left of humanity.. to be fair they started out a long time ago protecting just two of them, so their baseline of acceptable causalities numbers in the billions. In the garden all those years back, the forbidden fruit was the Truth but sadly a Truth long forgotten.

The Demons and Angels fought. Their time on the Earth changed them. Some changed sides, some went mad but mostly they destroyed each other. The sky itself opened up and the world shook as the power of the Once-Father pushed against the might of the Creator. The world in a flux of breaking and healing. The strongest among them are said to have torn the fabric of time and space. They stand frozen, awesome in size, forever locked in battle in a bubble of their own existence. Those who've seen them say they move, others say it's a trick of the eye. Humans foraged and salvaged but most importantly, they survived. Albeit miserably.

But that was then.

It's been 37 years since the missiles and the bombs rained down up on the world. 17 years since the Angels and Demons marched into war. Over time they have weakened and some of the humans are showing signs of extraordinary strength, or so the rumours go. Rumours also say that there are places you can stand and reach into the past, which would sound outlandish if not for the circumstances at hand.

You are alone in the woods, crouched down low against the row of steel rocks. The ground beneath you hard and broken from the trees pushing through. There's movement up ahead.. Angel? Demon? ... Human? You've not seen a human in.. you're not even sure how long. You've been following the hard ground of the forest for a while, no particular destination in mind.

You are:

A. A kid, maybe 13 years old. You were born in the time of the Angels and Demons marching. Your father died protecting you 6 months ago.
B. Middle aged, you were a kid when the bombs dropped. You used to travel in a group. They weren't nice, so you didn't care too much when an Angel ripped through them all after they sent you out hunting alone.
C. A fallen Angel, somewhere between the slaughtering and the bathing in human blood you lost the Way of the Light and with it the Knowledge. Time spent separated from the Father.. no, Once-Father, has weakened you.
D. Appropriate write in. You could be a Demon, Angel, Human. Something workable in a post-apoc wandering setting.. and small scale.. for now anyway.

Welcome to The Remnants of Revelation - A Double Post Apocalyptic CYOA. The Earth is a dangerous place and it's not especially difficult for you to die violently, be maimed horribly, starve or die of thirst. There is no plot armour, however if you die there may be something more... depending on what you are and how you lived of course. But there would be no going back, so to speak.

--

If you want to, feel free to join us/other CYOA players on irc #madgod on synirc.net.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Malphas

This seems pretty cool.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 16, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

D.

We are.....

Malphas

We are a lesser demon who fought in the war and somehow has just gotten... too tired of fighting, I mean whats the point anymore? The humans are all dead... mostly anyway. We are tired and resting.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A

Seems interesting.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Diogines posted:

D. Malphas

Sure, random footsoldier sick of warfare and pyrrhic victories sounds good.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A
We were born into this new world.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
B - I'm a sucker for "remnants of a world long gone" type of character. This world doesn't want us here.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 17, 2015

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
B- We are the apocalyptic equivalent of a fat, middle aged goon.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Diogines posted:

D.

We are.....

Malphas

We are a lesser demon who fought in the war and somehow has just gotten... too tired of fighting, I mean whats the point anymore? The humans are all dead... mostly anyway. We are tired and resting.

D Lets do this.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Diogines posted:

D.

We are.....

Malphas

D. ^

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
A
Playing from the perspective of someone who has only lived in the post-double-apocalyptic world seems like the most fun.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Slaan posted:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
A - Playing someone mortal is more fun, imo. Makes for more tension.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tsyni posted:

A - Playing someone mortal is more fun, imo. Makes for more tension.

And that, right there, is the kind of thinking that gave us Enkidel!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

There Bias Two posted:

y''know what changing my vote to A, we can do enkidel properly this time, with full asherah eat errything

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Diogines posted:

D.

We are.....

Malphas

Yaaaaaay

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

D) The wizened old hermit who was secluded from civilization before the end of the world and knows about living off the land! also give him like a hook for a hand just because.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

y''know what changing my vote to A, we can do enkidel properly this time, with full asherah eat errything

A cannibal kind of suits the post apocalyptic world.

There Bias Two posted:

Except Enkidel is a superman, basically. Let's be a wily kid, surviving by the scruff of our neck.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Diogines posted:

D.

We are.....

Malphas

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
D A young woman born after the end and entirely alone. Surviving, because what else is there to do?

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

... surviving, because what else is there to do?

I understand this was rhetorical, but alas I can still help here. Please see the original post, as below:

stevey666 posted:

die violently, be maimed horribly, starve or die of thirst

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Stevey, join us on the CYOA channel!

#madgod on irc.synirc.net !

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Slaan posted:

Yes, this seems appropriate.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

B

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Diogines posted:

D.

We are.....

Malphas

This.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Diogines posted:

D.

We are.....

Malphas

This one's good.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
D, Malphas sounds good.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

D, Malphas

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

B

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Diogines posted:

D.

We are.....

Malphas

works for me!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Changing my vote to:

An undead astronaut, who, after drifting through space for an indeterminate length of time, has just reawakened after a crash landing on Earth.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

There Bias Two posted:

Changing my vote to:

An undead astronaut, who, after drifting through space for an indeterminate length of time, has just reawakened after a crash landing on Earth.

No More Heroes 2 WAS a good game, yes!

(this idea is better than Malphas but I'm totes staying with Malphas)

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

D : Voting for ADP's hook-handed hermit!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
A

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
A

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Undead Astronaut

I like screaming skulls

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
By my count, A has 10 and Malphas has 11. Pretty close so will keep voting open until later today!

• Locked thread