Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

C. Throw your spear at the larger Angel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
C

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Gotta say I didn't expect this level of creep / horror

Now imagine it from the perspective of a 13 year old kid, lost and alone. Though of course this is how the journey went this time, it could have been a lot nicer for the kid!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

D

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
C and then freeze

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
C then back to E

Anyone have any interpretation at all of what is happening? Anything?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I thought the cherubs were motion detecting death machines (like that statue creepy pasta), and the angel and demon were 'hiding' mid fight from them, possibly for months.

No idea why they're going towards them though. My theory is probably bunk.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

C Let's attack Mama and try and get our demon bud out of here!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A just to be different.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
G rush in grab our demon ally then get the gently caress out

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Those of you who voted just C.. do you want to freeze again afterwards whatever happens or join the fray? (Sorry I should have been clearer and had a vote on what to do after this action!)

Nice theory Outrail, I cannot comment on how correct or incorrect you may be.. but if everything turns out well enough for you.. you may find out I suppose!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
D

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I was imagining the fight to be strobed with one action followed by staying absolutely still in a pose we can maintain followed by the next action. Just how I was imagining it. So joining the fray would mean throw the spear, freeze, plan, act, freeze, plan, act. If it just goes full on continuous action that is another thing, but we don't know yet.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
D, then freeze again

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

D, then attack the larger angel Death for everyone!

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

LLSix posted:

D, then attack the larger angel Death for everyone!

This.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Sogol posted:

I was imagining the fight to be strobed with one action followed by staying absolutely still in a pose we can maintain followed by the next action. Just how I was imagining it. So joining the fray would mean throw the spear, freeze, plan, act, freeze, plan, act. If it just goes full on continuous action that is another thing, but we don't know yet.

Ah good, this is how I was thinking of it too.

C and D are currently tied, will let this run longer and break the tie as they have the potential to lead to vastly different outcomes. i.e you may miss and hit the demon in the face :)

Voting closed, thanks LCT. Will update today or tomorrow. D is the winner (D, then freeze technically)

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 2, 2015

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
D

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

The Demon descends onto the grey Angel, bones cracking under the weight of the landing. Claws slash along the Angel's flesh, tearing it open and causing the wounds a low light.. everything gets a little heavier again. The Demon, suddenly fatigued, struggles to raise its claws for another attack as the grey Angel flows into a standing position.

The larger Angel, flying above the pool is dragged down slightly by the added weight. It hovers over the pool, waiting for something.

You launch your spear with all the force you can muster at the grey Angel now standing over the Demon, instantly freezing in place once the shaft has left your hand. Your fresh movement causes the grey Angel to turn towards you. The spear sails through the air, though clearly affected by the everything getting heavy, instead of hitting directly into the grey Angel's head it is sharply brought towards the floor.. but not enough, the spear bursting through its leg. Fresh light leaks from the wound and once more things get slightly heavier. The weight of the spear embedded in its leg has caused the Angel to be pinned in place. It turns back to the threat in its reach.. the Demon.

Your fresh movement didn't only bring the attention of that particular grey Angel. While you focused on the spear flying through the air another grey Angel burst through the pool and dashed towards you, unfortunately for you didn't hear this happen, fortunately for you the larger Angel splashed down upon it.. Feathers explode in the air as both Angels fight in a tangled mess. With a tear and a shriek of pain a wing is ripped from its owner.

Behind the tussling Angels, the third grey Angel has risen to the edge of the pool. Standing. Waiting.

You.

A. Stay frozen
B. Attempt to help the Demon (how?)
C. Attempting to help the larger Angel (how?)
D. Attempt to kill both small and larger Angel.
E. Attempt to fight the 3rd grey Angel
F. Run away
G. Write in

You have with you:
1 large cloak, holes cut out for your weakened and practically useless wings.
1 loose sack containing
- 1 bottle of water, 1/4 filled.
- 1 section of dried 'meat'
1 toothed spear

You currently:
Are mildly tired
Have reduced hearing

--

If you want to, feel free to join us/other CYOA players on irc #madgod on synirc.net.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 3, 2015

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
A

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
B jump in grab the fucker jump out then run like hell

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Imperialist Dog posted:

This sounds wonderful.

Get the gently caress outta dodge. At least we got that douchebag angel in the leg.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Imperialist Dog posted:

This

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Imperialist Dog posted:

Let's do it up

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Wow that demon's really fragile. Wonder what his deal is.

B, grab him and get out.

ColonelMuttonchops fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 3, 2015

Absum
May 28, 2013

B, attack the grey angel (scratch him I guess).

I don't want to leave yet boo.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

E The beat up demon and Angel seem to think they can solo one of the little grey freaks. That probably means that we, who are much healthier, can too.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

LLSix posted:

That probably means that we, who are much healthier, can too.

I'm not saying if it's either or.. just curious. What has given you this impression?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

stevey666 posted:

I'm not saying if it's either or.. just curious. What has given you this impression?

The other demon is half our size and has broken bones. The big angel sounds like it might be in good shape, depending on how important its eyes are. As far as I know, we aren't suffering from any major injuries, and we just killed an Angel. I'm guessing we're pretty buff for a random refugee. However, now that I think about it more; as foggy as our memory is I wouldn't be totally surprised if we're missing half an arm or something.

I'm assuming they think they can solo the grey things because the angel didn't help the demon but instead waited above the pool for another grey thing. The angel is clearly willing to help some demons since it helped us by tackling our attacker. There could be other explanations for them fighting one-on-one, like if they know and hate each other so much they'd rather die than fully co-operate, but being confident in their power was the one that came to me first.

Absum
May 28, 2013

I thought it was because they don't think they can run away (at least not in the state they're in) so they both decided that trying to fight was their best option. Considering that they didn't try that before now they probably aren't super confident in their ability to beat the little grey ones.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Imperialist Dog posted:

Yeah this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Imperialist Dog posted:

Be out before he knows.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

You dart towards the Demon, passing the larger Angel still tussling on the ground. The grey Angel attacking the Demon turns its head towards you but the Demon rears up and lunges on it, gripping its head and pulling. Clawed fingers dig into the grey Angel's lit eye sockets, it attempts to flow around and counterattack but is pinned by your spear. The light from the Angel's eyes and wound begins to dim and suddenly winks out. Everything becomes a little lighter. Especially the grey Angel's body due to it no longer being in possession of a head. The Demon roars in victory just as you scoop it around the waist and surge into a dead run, leaving your spear embedded in the now lifeless grey Angel. As you speed past the large Angel another wing is ripped free, the Demon wails and struggles but you grip tight and run as hard as you can.

A quick look behind and you see the third Angel chasing you, but you're managing to keep ahead of it for now.

The Demon struggles even more, it seems to be in a much better shape then when you first saw it. With your current speed the struggling sets you off balance and you both tumble to the ground.

Now freed, the Demon lets out a roar and leaps over the grey Angel, heading back. The third grey Angel watches as the Demon flies over its head and is now facing away from you.

You..

A. Run away!
B. Fight the third grey Angel. Any particular method?
C. Freeze
D. Attempt to leap over the grey Angel and follow the Demon
E. Fill in

You have with you:
1 large cloak, holes cut out for your weakened and practically useless wings.
1 loose sack containing
- 1 bottle of water, 1/4 filled.
- 1 section of dried 'meat'
1 toothed spear
1 struggling Demon

You currently:
Are mildly tired
Have reduced hearing

Sorry for the delay and loss of momentum, CYOA curse and all!

--

If you want to, feel free to join us/other CYOA players on irc #madgod on synirc.net.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

-

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
B. With fang and strength

poo poo, maybe the angel and demon are friends.

Absum
May 28, 2013

B, I wanted to fight anyway so let's fight. Try to rip stuff off or claw it in the face I guess.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

B
Tackle it from behind and pin it face down. Then pound on it like a bully expounding on the necessity of purchasing playground protection.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
B rip the fuckers head off

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

B rip the fuckers head off

loving melachim angels, always wrecking my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
D+E Leap over and grab our awesome spear.

• Locked thread