Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Loved it. Thank you for the recommendation , gbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I actually liked the new RoboCop. I was totally expecting to hate it, but nah, it's pretty good.

new robocop was mostly forgettable - i didnt hate it, i just didnt see the point of it

it kinda rustles my jimmies because paul verhoeven's RoboCop is such an amazing movie, and it didnt need re-making, but whatever, at least new robocop had that cool scene where they keep taking parts off and it turns out hes just a face and some lungs

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the new robocop didn't even nearly approach anything close to the seminal robocop line, "Bitches leave."

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

ANAmal.net posted:

new robocop was mostly forgettable - i didnt hate it, i just didnt see the point of it

it kinda rustles my jimmies because paul verhoeven's RoboCop is such an amazing movie, and it didnt need re-making, but whatever, at least new robocop had that cool scene where they keep taking parts off and it turns out hes just a face and some lungs

the point was to make a product fo the lucrative lovely scifi action market

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Dyna Soar posted:

the point was to make a product fo the lucrative lovely scifi action market

well yeah, i mean i get that as a hollywood movie it was an exercise in money-making but i really like verhoeven's RoboCop and seeing a cheap cash-in braindead blockbuster remake was kind of disappointing (though entirely unsurprising)

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

oohhboy posted:

Just watched Kingsmen and it is legit awesome. Would watch again like I would watch John Wick. A drat good start to the year.

It's like someone said, "you know those Roger Moore Bond Movies? Let's do a hard R version of that", and it is glorious.

PassTheRemote fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 27, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I thought repo men was a pretty good movie. It at least had some decent themes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

still owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSxY5q4S5J0

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ANAmal.net posted:

well yeah, i mean i get that as a hollywood movie it was an exercise in money-making but i really like verhoeven's RoboCop and seeing a cheap cash-in braindead blockbuster remake was kind of disappointing (though entirely unsurprising)

new robocop at least tries to keep the satire though it's all a bit weird and i wasn't really sure what it was trying to do at times.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

new robocop at least tries to keep the satire though it's all a bit weird and i wasn't really sure what it was trying to do at times.

it was basically the old inconsistent tone problem throughout the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

vyst posted:

I thought repo men was a pretty good movie. It at least had some decent themes.

I liked the murder hallway scene set to that UNKLE song.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the new robocop movie was ok except for robocop himself and everything to do with him

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Watched John Wick again tonight. Was just thinking how great a song and scene this was.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

the new robocop movie was ok except for robocop himself and everything to do with him

Felt the same way. To me the movie was about the ethics of human augmentation and what effect it had on everyone surrounding the Adam Jenson robocop. Also the action scenes were slow and ... well a bit poor?

PassTheRemote posted:

It's like someone said, "you know those Roger Moore Bond Movies? Let's do a hard R version of that", and it is glorious.

This is a great one line description of Kingsman.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How does Wick miss the son when he's running behind the glass? Weak, John, weak.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

How does Wick miss the son when he's running behind the glass? Weak, John, weak.

He also got owned at the kung fu fight at the end of the club sequence.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Shooting through glass in this movie means you miss. John missed Iosef through the glass, then Marcus missed John through the glass (though it was intentional) and then Perkins missed John when she shot through the glass above his bed afterward.

e: and Viggo's best guy, I forget his name, missed John through the glass when John was chasing Iosef up the stairs to the dance floor.

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 1, 2015

naem
May 29, 2011

However told me to watch haywire, thank you

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

GAYWIRE.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

naem posted:

However told me to watch haywire, thank you

Your welcome.

(Michael Fassbender always owns)

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
someone told me that oldboy (the korean one) was an amazing revenge movie

I guess they were right but holy gently caress what the hell did i just watch goddamnnn

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MrSmokes posted:

Shooting through glass in this movie means you miss. John missed Iosef through the glass, then Marcus missed John through the glass (though it was intentional) and then Perkins missed John when she shot through the glass above his bed afterward.

e: and Viggo's best guy, I forget his name, missed John through the glass when John was chasing Iosef up the stairs to the dance floor.

In that same clip, doesn't he shoot a mook through the glass below a railing?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Subjunctive posted:

In that same clip, doesn't he shoot a mook through the glass below a railing?

The son is a named character with lines so he gets +5 to dodge rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the main bitch has a jaw you could grade cheese on

• Locked thread