Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

docbeard posted:

So, I was thinking of doing something else with my next try.

But...naah.

Gentlemen. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better. Exactly as strong. Dumber than he was before.

I give you...HULK II - THE SMASHENING

Astonishingly, I did not have to cheat to get those exact stat rolls.

Not Born Hero, not Purist. Core Rules difficulty, and I think I've got NWN-style hit points happening (so I shouldn't be seeing max rolls but they should be pretty good). Mod list is more-or-less the same as before. Most notably I have SCS installed (hahahahakillmenow) and the BG1 NPCS NEVER SHUT UP mod (seriously just kill me) but I did remove the item randomizer, as it mostly seemed interested in randomizing the early treasure hoards to "nothing".

When you level up double check your HP. Unless they fixed it NWN style hitpoints from the tweak pack has a hilarious bug where it gives Barbarians way, way too many hitpoints, like 40 per level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Now to do it one last time with that drat Ranger/Cleric. Then I'll send all three through BG2 and see if any survive. Mostly doing this so that I can have fun and use all the characters I want to in BG2. The Bhaal Jr. the paladin will have the ironically evil party that I hardly ever use. Archie will run through with the same guys I always love to use, Valygar/Mazzy/Keldorn/Anomen/Imoen, and the Ranger Cleric (hopefully) will go through all the games with the core group of Dynaheir/Minsc/Khalid/Jaheira/Imoen. In ToB I'll add in Sarevok so fully half of the party will be bhaalspawn. Fun times!

Uhhhh... You've played through the first dungeon, right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

a medical mystery posted:

I imagine with access to the tables it's possible to implement but I have no clue how one would go about that.

Probably the only way would to make a Cleric Kit that's functionally identical to Druid, then use the multi-kit mod (let's you apply kits to multi-class characters) to make a cleric/thief into a druid-kit/thief. You'd be using Cleric xp tables though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Well I lied. Going to give this another shot. I want to try a shorty race for the badass saving throws. Not sure about class. Probably something a bit more active than my Skald heh.

I'm still a bit miffed today I died like that. It just shouldn't have happened. That fight is easy as hell, I just hosed it up by focus firing the altar instead of the Shade lord.

Do an evil Halfling barbarian. Dual wield flails. It doesn't truly shine until late SOA, but between the human leather armor and Defender of Easthaven in the offhand your saves will be insane, HLAs negate a ton of physical damage and Flail of the ages can carry you to the end of the game as a main weapon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Sounds tempting but why a halfling over a dwarf? They both get the same saves and dwarves get no str penalty, plus get a con bonus

e: what the hell, an evil little hobbit sounds amusing

I don't remember exactly, I read about it somewhere else and tried it, and it works well. I only did it in BG2 and it's not hard to get Strength increasing items pretty quick so that's largely a moot point. Also having an invincible murder hobbit is a lot more fun than an invincible murder dwarf.

Oh, some quick research indicates it's because Dwarves lose dex, and while constitution is great, an extra point of AC is also great.

• Locked thread