Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Further Misadventures of Blinston Blighter the Blurd, Priest of Talos

So it's back to the Gnoll Fort, where I nearly get done in by some loving Xvarts. I do wind up with the Tome of Charisma, which will bump Blinston up from a 3 in Charisma to a 4. Wow.

...y'know what Edwin? We're having a slight change of plans once we find Dynaheir.

Which we do after wading through a gnoll or ten. Alright you two, to the death!

And they're off to the races. Edwin starts strong with a Magic Missile, but Dynaheir remains alive.

....and then Dynaheir loving beats Edwin unconscious with her bare fists. I just...yeah. Imoen puts an arrow into Edwin's head to end the madness. You aren't even worth a Smiting.

For thy valor in combat Dynaheir, I take you back to Minsc. And then try to just get Minsc to come with me, but that doesn't work and they both leave. Oh well.

Casualties Thus Far: Montaron (Spider bite), Xzar (being terrible), Edwin (Beaten senseless by an unarmed girl and mercy killed by Imoen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Blinston Blighter the Blurd, Priest of Talos

So it's time to make another run at the Mines. I grab Rasaad, entirely to fill up the empty slot with a soon to be dead body.

First though, let's swing by here and take out Greywolf. I remember him having neat stuff.

SMITE! Sadly that's already starting to lose its oomf. And you have to clear everyone out of the way lest it fries your party.

Whoa, Greywolf hits like a ton of bricks. Run away! Neera, do your thing!

...which she does, turning a Magic Missile into a Fireball. I thought I had Blinston standing clear of the radius, but I think Greywolf walked it closer in his effort to kill him. Dammit.

RIP Blinston Blighter the Blurd. Death by Neera

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Try number 4! It's My Great Aunt Petunia the Shadowdancer. Which strangely enough is a class I've never played.

Kind of a crumb bum roll (77), but oh well.

Already I like this. I can do things like rob the Inn and then walk past the guard.

And shank Shank before he can actually talk to me. Which also makes it so the "You cut yourself!" dialogue outside doesn't happen.

What in the nine hells are you talking about? You're like a foot taller than me.

A war to the near death with a wolf to begin. Those things are no joke when you have a crummy archer and a thief who can't really tank.

Tarnesh. This time I am bright enough to send Xzar to talk to him. Also yes, I did name her My Great Aunt Petunia just to see things like this.

As I suspected, Xzar eats the Horror/Magic Missile intended for me. Then one of the guards killsteals him from me. Oh well, so long as he's dead.

Tee hee.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

My Great Aunt Petunia the Shadowdancer

So Xzar is left dead on the floor of the Friendly Arm. I could have grabbed Dorn, but eh, I'll leave him there as insurance. Meanwhile I take on the belt ogre, and...that could have gone better. He dies, but Khalid *and* Monty end up Panic breaking. Khalid recovers sort of quickly.

Monty does not. That motherfucker runs around blindly for a good minute and finally manages to draw a wolf over to us. I kill that and he's still running.

*Still* running. Finally I start heading for the exit (which would have gotten me a You Must Gather Your Party, but I was kind of assuming he'd just draw another critter himself and die), and he finally stops. Jesus.

To Beregost, where I remember the sequence this time to talk down Marl. Hey, free experience.

Karlat gets drawn out of the Inn and killed pretty quickly, though Khalid *again* Panic breaks on me. At least there's nothing for him to draw in town.

I was expecting trouble out of Silke, but she loses her first couple of spells to interruptions and dies thereafter. Garrick can go blow.

And then I lose my screencaps but I ran over to the Temple to get Antidotes (I'm dreading the spider fight. That never goes well), killed the Hobgoblin brigade in a surprisingly easy fight, and then it's back to Beregost. Spider battle incoming.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So as for the spiders, I log jam the door with all the melee guys, park the two ranged guys outside and lure them out. Freaks me out as one of the spiders somehow bounces out of the fence when they change screens, but no one dies. Used up all of my antidotes though.

Neera's confrontation with the wizards happens. I throw Entangle, the bodyguards slip out of it and decide they want to kill Monty.

...they *really* decide they want to kill Monty. As in I lead them all over town and the remaining wizard is left to die a slow death by Imoen plinking.

And then he gets in a Flame Arrow to kill her for spite. Nickel and dime all my money, why don't you?

*twitch* No. gently caress right off, Neera. You die and go to Hell.

I get clever with the Ogrillons, triggering their road ambush with Petunia, running them back up the road and into my ambush. Shadowdancers are fun.

I grab the Family Amulet in the next area which...I have no idea what that does, and then it's to Nashkel. Tee hee.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So in Nashkel, Neira is still a dummy who walks out of the inn to meet a bunch of guards. And Rasaad decides to stop annoying the locals long enough to get a piece too.

Shut up Rasaad.

After talking to the mayor, the stupid time limits imposed by Jaheira/Khalid/Monty are gone, so I do some exploring. Xvarts die...

I run into Drizzt, who gets out of this situation in spite of my best efforts to keep him distracted (and I sure as hell wasn't attacking him in an Ironman run). Too bad, I wanted his armor.

The ogres the dude in Beregost wanted dead...

Heading back there, I try to pickpocket Algernon, which doesn't work so I just kill him for his cloak instead. Not like there's anyone up there to call the guards.

I talk away Basillus's skeletons and then he surprisingly doesn't put up much of a fight thanks to some lucky spell interruptions.

...then I walk right into Hobgoblins. The Ghast kills Kagain faster than I can heal him before I win out. Boo.

And then I get no reward for Bassilus due to claming I was Greywolf. I don't remember that happening before. *Whoops*.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So it's more exploring. I find good old Melicamp. Surely he'll survive on my watch.

Y..no, no he doesn't. Farewell Melicamp. May flights of angels carry you to your rest.

Hey, a water nymph. Khalid, go give her a kiss. Your wife won't mind.

So he dies, she rezzes him, then the ensuing fight with Droth goes well until he suddenly just decks Khalid and Monty out of the blue right before dying. Well, so much for exploring this area. Retreat to Beregost.

I only just now realized the trustworthy halfling from that letter was probably Monty.

Cashing in my chips at the Temple for Brage...I mean Bassilus...

Off to the Gnoll Fort, taking along Minsc and Rasaad for his usual role of Another Body. Also he's a poet.

Gnoll Land is relatively uneventful. Hey Rasaad, get out.

Stay put Edwin. I'll be back for you once I can get rid of Dynaheir without losing Minsc.

Wandering aimlessly trying to find Brage. I find the best thing in the game instead.

Godspeed, good sir.

And there you are, way the hell off in the middle of nowhere. At least the riddle is easy, and then I'm autoported back to Nashkel. Time for...brr, round two vs Greywolf. At least I'm not bringing Neera.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So Greywolf, who immediately catches me off guard by not doing the usual NPC thing of talking to my closest party member, but marching right to Petunia before things start. Eep.

Still no big problems, although Kagain sure likes taking a beating.

...note to self, stealthing and then scouting with Petunia doesn't work so well when there are traps.

Minsc gets killed at the flame arrow Kobolds, necessitating a trip back to Nashkel since I need him shortly. Sigh.

And back again. I have a cunning plan for Mulahey. Hide everyone over here, send Minsc alone into trigger him, equip the Berserk Sword and wait while he hacks up Mulahey and the summons.

...that plan could have gone better. I would have died if I wasn't using a Shadowdancer so Petunia could stealth right in front of the Kobold legion. Minsc gets Mulahey to Injured before catching a Hold Person and dying., which lets my group escape the room. Then we duck and dodge from the room until the summons are all dead, duck and dodge some more until Mulahey wastes his spells then swarm him to death.

And I replace Minsc's corpse with Xan, because why not. Furthest I've made it in any run yet, yay.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Horrible Bumbling Of My Great Aunt Petunia the Shadowdancer

So it's time for some party resorting. I need two squishy mages like I need a hole in the head, so Dynaheir gets dropped for Branwen. I mainly wanted someone able to use Ashideena which I've been lugging around forever. Plus I'll be facing Tranzig soon and plot dictates she should be going to cave his face in for the statue thing.

Vitaire, you picked the *wrong* group to pickpocket. Also announcing you had done so was pretty dumb.

Exiting to the north, I go past some Ogre Berserkers. No problem, I'll just...er...

Whoa, knock that off!

Xan throws up Mirror Image, does a decent enough job of holding on for a few seconds, then dies.

I finally win...and just to rub it in, Jaheira panic breaks off into a pack of Kobolds and dies too. Wow. Petunia and Imoen exit as the only survivors.

I'm hurting for bodies (and at around 400 gold a pop, I'm not paying to rez everyone), so let's grab Edwin. He...wants Dynaheir dead?

So I go back over here and grab her again. I wonder how long it'll take Edwin to start whining that she has to die, or if I somehow broke that chain of events.

Well, I don't really have any spells memorized so let's go to the innOH gently caress NO

Luckily it's just you, me and my GUARDS! Also Rasaad. I'm just leaving him parked right there since he's much more helpful taking on everyone who decides to jump me at this silly inn.

Dead Flaming Fist guy had this on him. I don't think it holds much of a purpose?

Messing around south for a bit and Vax runs up to talk to me. I forgot exactly who he was, but erred on the side of caution and kited him halfway across the map before he could speak to me. So the Fastest Dart in the West was nowhere in sight when he attacked me.

Kind of a good thing too as he's a mean dude. Can't stand up to Team Magic Overkill though, and he had some pretty good loot.

Help us Elminster, it's like some madman won't let us reload any saves and we keep losing half of our group!

Tranzig can't really deal with a bunch of Magic Missiles screwing up his spells and dies before he can run away. Still standing, punks!

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 23, 2015

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Further Bumbling of My Great Aunt Petunia the Shadowdancer

So I wander a bit to unlock various things. The bandit camp is easy enough since they walk you to the front door.

And then Tazok just kind of fucks off and leaves you to do your own thing. Which in my case means leaving to go get more levels. I want to make it to 5 to unlock Petunia's Shadowstep.

Hi Ajantis. You'll make a nice replacement for Dynaheir since I need more frontliners.

And then I lose my screengrab, but Ajantis gets himself killed like five seconds later versus some Ankhegs. Wow. I grab one of their shells and run back to Beregost.

Returning again to kill some time while the armor is made, I do Tenya's quest. This ends on a funny note when I get a peaceful resolution to it...and then Edwin's Magic Missile I had cued up hits her after the dialogue ends to make her hostile again and I have to finish her. Whoops.

Annnnd Edwin gets whiny, necessitating *another* trip to the farm to find where I left Dynaheir and kill her. Sigh.

Around here I make the brilliant decision to go farm the Basilisk area for the last bit of XP I need. This goes south when I run into an absolute assload of Gnolls. Not pictured are like five more of them to the immediate south.

And Ajantis breaks his sword. What? I could have sworn that ceases to be a thing when the mines are cleared.

After that nuisance, I throw one of my Protection scrolls onto Kagain and send him to kill me some Basilisks. Which works well enough until I forget Mutamin was there and he Horrors Kagain to death before I can do much else. Dammit.

So I use my *other* scroll to send in Branwen to fetch his stuff. That too goes badly as the Basilisks just kick her rear end even without petrifying her.

Short version, she ends up here and dies while Shar-teel does nothing to help. In hindsight I probably should have momentarily dropped one of my guys and hired her as a distraction.

Back to the Temple to rez Kagain and buy their only two Protection scrolls in stock. Throw one of them on him. Go get my poo poo back...and his axe breaks. What. In. The. Hell.

So I run him all the way back...and Korax decides to try and kill me. Then one of the Basilisks somehow follows me all the way across the map to kill Imoen. I escape to the Temple and loving save, everything that could have gone sideways pretty much did there. Christ on a cracker. I don't think I can even risk going back into that area since there's a Basilisk waiting on the east side and Mutamin hanging around on the north side. I'd insta-die on the transition.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 24, 2015

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Bumbling of My Great Aunt Petunia the Shadowdancer

So with Imoen forever petrified, the party grabs Safana for thieving purposes. Meanwhile the nearby Sirenes are no joke. I wind up having to Command Ajantis then run for it to keep him from killing us all.

Somewhere around here I manage to get Petunia to level 5, and then I realize I don't really *need* to fight all these Sirenes to do Safana's quest. I can just stealth Petunia right up and into the cave past the boss Sirene.

Y...I know for a fact my run is going to end walking into a trap. Here I only survive thanks to Petunia remaining stealthed so the nearby Flesh Golem doesn't murder her.

With that over with, it's just a jog over to the treasure trove and the Health tome, then a Shadowstep on out. Whoop whoop whoop.

Well I have this nice Tome of Constitution if you want it. No?

Funnily enough, I realize after all that I don't particularly need Safana since Petunia can cover my thiefing needs. So new plan, go over here and grab KIVAN, DESTROYER OF WORLDS

I'd already opened up the Bandit Camp, so it's back over there, parking everyone in the woods and Petunia drawing the bosses one by one out of the tent. Helpfully the flock of bandits for whatever reason don't aggro during this, and one by one they're suckered over to die.

Except Venkt, who just refuses to be drawn in and requires a mass mugging.

Then things go to hell as one of the named camp lieutenants happens by, and *then* the bandits aggro. Ajantis and Branwen end up with a case of the deads before I can retreat. I end up losing Kagain too as he panic breaks for the eleven millionth time.

At least the tent is cleared now so I can send Petunia in ah hell that guy was hidden in the back!

Run run run mash stealth work dammit it does. That would have been the end, I plain got lucky. Hakt follows me out to the woods and dies. That's all of them.

And the chapter ends by getting the letter out of this NO NO NO. Petunia saves, which again is the only thing that rescues my dumb rear end.

The survivors, by the skin of their collective teeth. I'm going to have to gather a new group and storm the compound, since I've left an assload of equipment in the middle of angry bandits. That Ankheg Armor cost 4000 gold, hell if you all are keeping it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm getting lots of mileage just letting everyone else fight while my Shadowdancer hides somewhere like a coward.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I've been taking HP rolls as they come too, which probably explains why I keep getting my whole party slaughtered. Anyway

Hey Elminster, my group is nearly dead and bandits have robbed me of like 6000 gold worth of goodies. Would you like to lend a hand? No? gently caress you Elminster.

So to get back our stuff, we'll be recruiting a new group of teens with attitudes. Dorn! Who won't actually join me yet so he's useless.

Neera! Haha no, I'd rather go in with Kagain's corpse than Neera.

Viconia! Well sure, you'll do fine after I go get my magic war hammer back. I'll just rez Ajantis too because I don't have many other options for meatshields.

I rush on back to the camp, and...my stuff is already all gone except for the letters. Come on, I only had a couple of days elapse. I didn't think stuff disintegrated *that* quickly.

Alright chucklefucks, I've lost an assload of money. I'm going to *take it back with your collective scalps*! This is accomplished by a whole lot of Petunia sling sniping. Enemies don't like hitting things that have stealthed out of the fog of war.

This actually seems like it could be amusing. Maybe I'll throw it on Neera and send her to set off all the spider traps at Cloakwood.

A quick swing south to round out my party...which goes haywire as I run into some goddamn Blacktalons who pick me apart with magic arrows. For gently caress's sake. At least I do make it to Baeloth, who is The Best Everything.

Pictured: Me taking an awful gamble running Petunia in to get the poo poo I dropped by the Blacktalons, but it works out.

Hey, it's Coran. Too bad I don't really need a thief/mage with this party. I'll leave him here for now.

Cloakwood 2, which shouldn't be a big deal as Petunia can sniff out traNONONO. I only pull this one out of my rear end because it's two spiders and I have a bunch of ranged guys. Still.

Mrrrrrrr, change of plans. Sanctuary to Viconia, send her ahead and let her safely spring every trap with her face. That works well enough. Now to figure out a plan to kill the Spiderlady...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So when we left off, a plot was being hatched to take down the chubby spiderlady in Cloakwood. I'll go with buffing everyone, jamming up the doorway as best I can...

Send in Baeloth to throw mighty fire. Retreat him, take out the spiders that follow him, head back in and throw some more fire until everything is dead. Baeloth rules.

I hate this loving Ettercap random encounter. I can't move anywhere until Petunia sniffs out and removes the web trap.

Hi Eldoth, don't really need you right now either. This party I have is actually pretty good. Petunia to draw people in as bait, two meatshields to catch them as they come in, four ranged guys to shoot them to death.

Goddammit this thing again! Yet another trip back to the Friendly Arm to rez Viconia. Yeslick can't come soon enough.

I remember to go get Gurke's Cloak of Non-Detection from Cloakwood 1. I'll just be keeping this, thanks.

Over to Cloakwood 3jesustittyfuckingchrist stop with this thing!

Cloakwood 4. Well at least he didn't jump me in front of the inn at Nashkel.

So I draw him in and holy gently caress he's fast! He actually knocks Petunia out of Shadowstep before she can finish casting it and chases her all over the drat place until Baeloth distracts him with spells. What is he auto-hasted?

...yes, yes he was. This will help Petunia's snipe and run game immensely.

Then I rest and good lord. Note to self, do not rest in this area. I drive these guys away with Baeloth's Wand of Fear, and then they just kind of run away and don't come back. Not chasing them either.

And to the Cloakwood Mines. I have a good feeling (which means I'll probably die shortly).

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So it's into the Cloakwood Mines, and the saddest little mining slave. Like, guy, the sunlight is literally one floor above you. I even killed all the guards in the only outpost between you and a relatively straight shot to Candlekeep. This is not an impossible task.

Damnation but Yeslick is longwinded. I'm taking him and leaving Viconia...which since she insists on standing on the spot rather than leaving the Mines, I guess she's just going to die when I flood the place. Ah well.

Moving onward and I get loving SMITED out of nowhere. It happens to be a narrow passage so it also bounces right back and fries every enemy too, but now I have to run back and rez my dudes again. Sigh.

Which of course means loving Ettercaps.

And Wyverns. Pictured: Yeslick complaining that we're wasting time by dragging his dead body a day and a half down the road to bring him back to life.

Back to the Mines, where I walk into an ambush. It gets thwarted pretty easily by Baeloth's Wand of Fear though. That thing's handy.

This one's just a wild stab in the dark on my part, but it works. Lots of crazy people in this game love them some Cyric.

The Ogre Mage lands a Horror on me which is always bad, but Ajantis gets more or less hung up between Petunia and the doorway until it wears off. Nets me a +1 Katana that I have no real use for.

Natasha gets a stealth slinging without getting anything off. Petunia is downright nasty when she can hit and run.

Final level, drawing in the Battle Horrors. Who are ugly, ugly things and pretty much drop Ajantis in his tracks. I end up taking them out by throwing Acid Arrows with Baeloth, running for the stairs, letting it do damage and then running back. Cheap, but it works.

Back upstairs, I send a Skeleton in to eat one of Davaeorn's lightning bolts. He kills it, then process to wander around aimlessly taunting me. Er, okay.

Then he decides to run up and try to beat my group to death with his staff. I guess he ran out of spells.

That was easy. Not that I'm complaining.

So the mine is flooded, Baldur's Gate is opened and all's well that ends well. Except for Viconia who is now very dead in the water. No big loss.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So let's get some random stuff done before heading for Baldur's Gate. The fight with the Red Wizards, in which they land a Horror, which pisses me off enough to Baeloth nuke them to hell and back. Pricks.

The mightiest swordsman! Whatever shall I do?

Crowd him and pelt him with four guys worth of missiles. That usually works well.

Gullywash. Sure, one halfling bud to another.

Which, as usual, consists of going right to the Evil Halfling's house, ganking him, going down to the Ogre Mage and smashing his head in. Takes like a minute.

Ulgoth, of which I *really* need to stop running Petunia into traps...

And to Durlag's Tower. Battle Horrors are irritating as all hell. The fights with the two of them pretty much consist of everyone doing nothing to them while Baeloth plinks with Magic Missiles. It works, but takes forever.

I'm like three feet tall. Is everyone blind?

I feed Riggilo to the succubus because he's a jerk. And he has some halfway decent trinkets.

Upstairs and OH GOD NO RUN BACK DOWNSTAIRS

IT FOLLOWED ME AAAAAAAAAAAH! Amazingly it doesn't statue anyone though. Especially not Petunia as I ran her all the way across the drat dungeon in terror.

I take no chances with those things.

More of them upstairs, but I'm prepared for them. Yes I did give Baeloth a spell slot just for Protection from Petrification. I take no chances with those things.

...and then Kagain breaks his axe for the eleven millionth time. Serves me right for cheaping out and never buying him a magic one, but still, that's happened so often now and specifically just to him. Sigh. Out of here and back to town.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So going through Durlag's Tower, this happens. Goddammit. Amusingly enough though neither guy actually goes out of control, I can just tell them to go away from each other and they stop taking swings.

I remember the Greater Dopplegangers being really tough, but all I really had to do was hide out and wait for their Haste to go away. Easy pickings then.

Traps. Traps will be the death of me.

Onward, and holy tapdancing christ those things hit hard.

Then a Flesh Golem joins in, Kagain panic breaks...

Kagain dies, I run around like a headless chicken since these things just Magic Resist anything Baeloth has...

I lose Kivan, and now I'm reduced to speeding around with Petunia and slinging pebbles at them.

Come get me, fuckhead.

So that...that could have gone better. I don't think I should be tackling this Tower yet.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

My poor Priest of Talos was doing well until Neera Fireballed him to death. I got the feeling he would have fallen behind though as his big Lightning Bolt trick was already running up against Spell saves by the time I got to the Mines.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Bumbling of My Great Aunt Petunia the Shadowdancer

So we're trapped somewhere in Durlag's Tower with most everyone dead. K, let's start by dropping most of the useful stuff here. Petunia and Baeloth will cart off the good sets of armor.

Run my way back to town. Rez everyone. Give them back their good armor and outfit them with cheap bullshit weapons so they can at least escape a fight with kobolds or whatever. Return to my stash at Durlag's.

I go ahead and give the dwarves the various items for the cheap experience. No way in hell I'm fighting them though, they'd eat me alive. We're getting out of here and to Baldur's Gate proper.

Pictured: Elminster still being unhelpful.

Ye gods, you could have just said "I want a telescope".

Yes, yes I am your Great Aunt Petunia. Thank you for the quest.

Oh yeah, this. I'm not triggering this fight yet, it's annoying and it almost always kills the bartender who I want to keep there for the time being.

Ragefast takes objection to my pointing out his creepiness over the nymph. Ragefast learns Petunia with the Dagger of Venom is bad news to mages.

Ah, gently caress, forgot about Poison the Assassin. One more detour.

I figured I could make a clean sweep of stealing the airship parts since Petunia fits the task. I have her gulp some Mastery Thievery potions, yoink two of the items from the bedroom. The mage sister is holding the third, I pickpocket her...and wind up with a potion. Then she aggros. Buh?

Still end up taking it from her corpse. Petunia is bad news to mages.

...what part of "Petunia is bad news to mages" do you people not get?

Haha, I stole your face.

Ramazith objects to my nymph shenanigans and teleports upstairs. Bad move, I have Petunia stealth and run up after him.

I get a stab in on him on the top floor, run back downstairs. That...ends up going pear shaped.

Shadowstep back upstairs. Stealth, give Ramazith a poke to finish him. So he's down.

...but this is still going on the floor below. They're actually completely blocking off the staircase down.

....so I have Petunia trapped up on the top floor, a whole shitload of monsters on the middle floors, and my group on the ground level. Mmmmmmmrph. I'll think of something.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So Petunia is trapped up on the top floor of a tower. Turns out to be pretty simple to get her down. I send Kagain up, then run him back down. The slime decides to follow him, and with that out of the way Petunia can stealth run out of this silly tower.

Rigamarole with Umberlee, the Book of Wisdom and the antidote to Marik's poison. I end up just giving them the book, figuring I can always take it back later.

Tee hee.

Marik gets a backstab, then still manages to hit Petunia with a spell as she can't run all the way over to the stairs faster than his spell can move. Still dies though.

Well sure, mages are nothing to Petunia.

Yup, good thing I put that Protection from Petrification slot onto Baeloth.

Over to the Low Lantern, where the first of the Entropy SIsters is silly enough to follow me upstairs alone.

...but Kagain gets confused and slaughters a bystander. Shut up Ajantis, that wasn't my fault.

Then it's a close shave as I stab this one, wind up Horrored, and then she dies from poison before I die. Come on, I have Protection from Fear. Stop being dumb and use it.

This group...

...kills mages....

...very nicely. I'm pretty much rampaging at this point.

I go ahead and kill the group at Helm and Cloak too, because why not.

Then I walk into the wrong drat house. No real worry as I can just retreat everyone south, go across a screen and come back, but still.

I think I can take you, good sir. But first let's go get the Helm of Balduran. It's nice.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So after the Helm of Balduran. I don't remember if you can get it without actually freeing these guys, but I do it anyway and nab it. Ajantis has a problem with staying alive on the front lines, so he needs all the help he can get.

The Seven Suns dopplegangers are easily mugged.

I'm apparently bad at being sneaky in the Iron Throne building. No particular matter.

Top floor. I send Petunia alone to get things started and run her back downstairs.

The mage helpfully follows me all the way down to my waiting group and gets thrashed.

And this one...

And this one eats backstabs. Easy peasy.

To Candlekeep. I'd hope you remember your Great Aunt Petunia, Cadderly. Also his voice sounds heavily depressed.

Y'know what, times are trying, I have spare gold. Winthrop, we're all getting tore up. Incidentally it takes a hell of a lot of booze to get Kagain drunk, which is a nice touch.

Sure, you seem a trustworthy fellow.

Nope, I want to stay alive, I'm taking as few fights as possible this Ironman run.

Koveras, you dick.

And onward to the Catacombs. I have a good feeling.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Ignominious Death of Great Aunt Petunia the Shadowdancer

Catacombs. Oh I did not, Fake Phyldia. I'm not sticking around in these catacombs for long, just long enough to snatch the Strength Manual with speedy Petunia and get out.

More Dopplegangers, who aren't difficult at all thanks to Deder and Arkanis helping out.

Well I agree entirely with your first two sentences, Fake Elminster, but you still die here. Again, not very hard with Arkanis and Deder there.

Prat, who I think I could have talked down with the other dialogue option, but fibbing to him didn't work. Oh well.

Arkanis surprisingly enough starts to join in the ensuing fight, which I don't remember ever happening. Unfortunately as soon as I get in the standard backstab on Prat, Petunia is immediately stunned (I didn't even get to see by what. Must have been a trap, the mages couldn't have gone that fast) and killed before Arkanis can even mosey his way on over. Wow.

RIP My Great Aunt Petunia the Shadowdancer. Pratfall.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I roleplayed Jorgo the Wizard Slayer. So much so that he slayed wizards in Candlekeep until that stinky cheater Gorion brought him down. :colbert:

• Locked thread