Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

I'm horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

The greatest Englishman who ever lived ITT

o7

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The vast majority of the uks current problems can be laid at the feet of their embrace of the brutalism movement

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

XMNN posted:

does freetown have the seventh longest (longest at time of construction) single span suspension bridge in the world? I don't think so

I cross this everyday.

Xmas Dumpster Fire
May 29, 2001

katlington posted:

The vast majority of the uks current problems can be laid at the feet of their embrace of the brutalism movement

whatever this poo poo is dope

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

shas posted:

don't go to norwich

Actually, Go to norwich

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Whorelord posted:

yes Britain is as multicultural as the us

multicultural as in ppl of different cultures that are not english (white)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Unlike mudblooded the Anglo-Saxon locals the Pakistanis(and some Indians) are actual Aryans.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Pantsuit posted:

White English people are super racist then act dumbfounded when Asians/Black people mistrust them lol

Newsflash: Everyone is racist. In fact, most cultures are way more racist than white cultures. Whites just get scolded for it the most b/c..... :confused:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Every time I see a picture of Benjamin Hill I salute irl

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

the fact taht our national dish is curry means something.

Xmas Dumpster Fire
May 29, 2001

opus111 posted:

the fact taht our national dish is curry means something.

who really colonized who?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Newsflash: Everyone is racist. In fact, most cultures are way more racist than white cultures. Whites just get scolded for it the most b/c..... :confused:

Everyone's a little bit racist. Except the Kalmyks. They're just perfect people in every way.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

those fukin dirty browns are the real racsists

*faaaarts*

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

I may have to add this place to my bucket list. Anywhere people drink hard cider out of fake legs is worth a visit. My one trip to Britain back in 1996 first introduced me to cider and I had to drink it everywhere I could.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FreudianSlippers posted:

Unlike mudblooded the Anglo-Saxon locals the Pakistanis(and some Indians) are actual Aryans.

Bah Saxon scum, fit only as servants for their Norman masters. Don't even get me started on the welsh

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

At least the Welsh are properly British. The Saxons are basically fresh of the boat from Germany and already they've taken all the jobs.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

TheIllestVillain posted:

those fukin dirty browns are the real racsists

*faaaarts*

if japanese people were white 3/4s of them would be considered KKK white supremacists. Same with Indians, Chinese, and Africans from a slightly different tribe. Like you'll be murdered out not just have some impolite white person scoff in your direction and make a comment about the neighborhood going to hell.

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
can we not poo poo up this thread with that bullshit. let's not hear anything about loving tibet in the England.bmp thread unless you're one of the two remaining Beastie Boys.

fucks sake.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Are chavs as bad as I've been led to believe?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Kenny Everett was way better than Benny Hill.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

xutech posted:

Kenny Everett was way better than Benny Hill.
You are more wrong and deranged than a Jimmy Savile hospital visit.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Crazy Ted posted:

You are more wrong and deranged than a Jimmy Savile hospital visit.

the world might be falling apart but at least sir savile is dead.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rambling Robot posted:

the world might be falling apart but at least sir savile is dead.
But his spirit lives on.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Crazy Ted posted:

But his spirit lives on.

sadly yes. i am sure there are many like him.

it was harder to spot them before doctor who and star trek came along.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rambling Robot posted:

sadly yes. i am sure there are many like him.

it was harder to spot them before doctor who and star trek came along.
Which reminds me...

quote:

The LA Times recently ran a story about the Child Exploitation Section of the Toronto Sex Crimes Unit, which contained a mind-boggling statistic: of the more than 100 offenders the unit has arrested over the last four years, "all but one" has been "a hard-core Trekkie." Blogger Ernest Miller thought this claim was improbable. "I could go to a science fiction convention," he explained "and be less likely to find that 99+ percent of the attendees were hard-core Trekkies." While there may be quibbling about the exact numbers, the Toronto detectives claim that the connection is undeniable.

In fact, Star Trek paraphernalia has so routinely been found at the homes of the pedophiles they've arrested that it has become a gruesome joke in the squad room. (On the wall, there is a Star Trek poster with the detectives' faces replacing those of the crew members). This does not mean that watching Star Trek makes you a pedophile. It does mean that if you're a pedophile, odds are you've watched a lot of Star Trek.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Dead Precedents posted:

Anyone talking about chavs in tyool 2014 has not grown up in any meaningful way in the last ten years.

Since England.bmp apparently includes the rest of the UK, here's (some of) the Ring of Brodgar, which makes Stonehenge look even more lame:

(For reference stonehenge is like some small rocks near a main road, v disappointing in the flesh)

Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
If there needs to be any England.avi in this thread, here's Telly Savalas half-heartedly trying to portray Birmingham as faintly glamorous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxZ1xn2ml10

Kojak posted:

This is the view that nearly took my breath away.

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Betacord posted:

If there needs to be any England.avi in this thread, here's Telly Savalas half-heartedly trying to portray Birmingham as faintly glamorous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxZ1xn2ml10

http://youtu.be/sxD0K6snJPc

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-23183102

OH OH! Spaghettio's "Of 5,127 babies of Pakistani origin, 37% had married parents who were first cousins, compared to less than 1% of married couples nationally."

BTW Bradford is really nice and well worth a visit.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lMexzk3TA8

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

is this when that dude was giving a speech promoting austerity

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

XMNN posted:

does freetown have the seventh longest (longest at time of construction) single span suspension bridge in the world? I don't think so

bitching about how poo poo somewhere is with locals and then getting very defensive when people from elsewhere say the same things is a time honoured tradition pretty much everywhere

I've got a civil engineer friend from Hull who loving creams himself over this bridge. On more than one occasion he's trapped me into watching a slideshow of photos of it whilst mumbling about structural integrity and 'incredible feats of engineering'. It's a bridge m8

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://consumer.healthday.com/disab...udy-678016.html

Waiting for the SJW to step in, check my post history, this is a serious prob-oh-lim.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

spud posted:

OH OH! Spaghettio's "Of 5,127 babies of Pakistani origin, 37% had married parents who were first cousins, compared to less than 1% of married couples nationally."

I really appreciate that immigrants are assimilating into our culture of having a hosed up gene pool.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Benjamin Arthur posted:

I really appreciate that immigrants are assimilating into our culture of having a hosed up gene pool.

And here we go. Carry on.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Dead Precedents posted:

Real british people don't call them chavs but have their own local slang which they heavily identify with. See also:

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Real british people don't call them chavs but have their own local slang which they heavily identify with. See also:

This confused the hell out of me when I moved across the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

spud posted:

So gross

• Locked thread