Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Fuckin' proud to be a brit m8. Poppy appeal, are boys, the queen etc.

I love the little train at Dawlish. You can wave at the passengers going by and pretend you're in The Railway Children, then go and lose many pennies at the amusements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Sorry hun. Flying the flag for are great nation.

And here's a quaint English town with local shops.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

dadrips posted:

lmao "industrial garden town"

I grew up in a 'garden city'. It was basically just a very boring suburban town with a few extra grass verges to make it 'greener'. Family from abroad would often get lost because all the streets looked the same.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

opus111 posted:

Welwyn Garden City?

Yes! A town so boring that its claim to fame used to be that it was where Shredded Wheat was made.

http://youtu.be/wbbY6ASFW8o

And here is teeth lady in action for the curious. I mean, loving hell. I would just get them pulled out and live with the gap.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Most of the rough areas of Bristol have been gentrified nowadays. There are very few areas I'd be nervous about living in. It's a great city with lots of character, which a lot of cities of a similar size seem to lack. Love the waterfront, and there always seem to be plenty of gigs and cultural events going on.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
York, Brighton, Oxford, Cambridge... Those are the big ones for tourists outside of London.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
'Chav' is so overused round here it has lost all meaning. I've heard it used to desribe people with trampolines in their garden, disney films, christmas lights, yelling at your kids, basically anything considered low class and trashy. In my day it was reserved for those in tracksuit bottoms with fighting dogs. What do I know though? I'm probably a chav.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Pastry of the Year posted:

No discussion of England is complete without disgruntled citizens pointing at the objects of their ire in local newspapers:

Don't forget Daily Mail Sad Face for when things don't go your way:

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Phoon posted:

daily mail sad face is very pleasing to me

It's amazing because nine times out of ten the sad facer has brought on their own misery or is being completely unreasonable. They seem to think that running to the papers will magically help them get their own way, like a child running to mum. Does this sort of poo poo happen in the media in other countries?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3jJN8CeqxY

If you ever work in an office in England, half your female co-workers will look and sound exactly like this woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

proof of concept posted:

I was in London for a couple days in the summer of 2000 and my primary memory of that trip is that this image was goddamn everywhere:

anyone know what was up with that?

Was it a T-shirt on Camden Market? I remember buying my "Barbie is a slut" shirt from there and wearing it everywhere because I was so edgy.

• Locked thread