Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Pantsuit posted:

It's cool. Even though I will always love Stoke I am not delusional, I know it's a pretty crappy place, especially places like Shelton, Burslem, Meir, Cobridge etc (this list could be literally everywhere in Stoke bar Trentham haha). All the Six Towns bar Hanley are abandoned, I mean who the gently caress goes to Longton anymore???

Stokes' biggest problems are it's widespread layout (there's no proper centre, Stoke is a conglomeration of six separate towns(Hanley, Burslem, Fenton, Longton, Tunstall and Stoke)) and lack of a predominant industry since the pottery trade dried up. You can get out of there pretty easily (M6 and a train station that'll take you to Manchester in 45 minutes and Birmingham in an hour) so I suppose we have that going for us.

I went to uni in Stoke. I always used to wonder what everyone there did for a living, 'cos with the industry gone, the place was just a random collection of houses in the middle of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread