Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Cold and Ugly posted:

What hosed up poo poo do you think Bruce Lee could have done to "Iron" Mike Tyson?

I am 100% positive that unless they were in an elevator or something Lee could run away effectively. Trying to use guile to make up for 70 pounds of muscle would probably not work out too well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

itsgotmetoo posted:

are we spotting bruce lee a sling now?

If Bruce Lee gets a weapon it changes everything.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I saw Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story so I know that if the battle took a supernatural turn that Bruce Lee would be more at home.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'll wait for him to tell me I can stop, but thanks.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jackie Chan wins at life but War Machine can wrestle so he probably wins the fight.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Getting punched in the face is a real game changer. Sometimes it tastes like bleeding.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Moxie posted:

This argument is not much better than Floyd Mayweather vs. Mike Tyson. Mayweather's faster and has a near perfect defense! Well what it comes down to is, Mike Tyson in his prime only needs one punch (to knock out a man his own size). A 130lb man would risk death fighting him. The odds of them doing enough damage to Tyson to avert the inevitable KO punch are near nil.

Even tho Tyson isn't a particularly tall hw both of the little guys have to get well within his range to land their own strikes.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Because their illegal techniques are too deadly.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I might bet on Meldrick Taylor if he were to fight Bruce Lee.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Could Bruce Lee take Ricky Hatton?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's hard to say who is trolling and who is truly infused with the spirit of the Dragon.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

redshirt posted:

Am I joking? Do you know how to fight after getting throat punched?

Joking/trollin/stupid. It all plays out the same.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Have you ever blocked a punch from a pro boxer?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You have my condolences.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So you don't know what he's capable of either. OK!

edit: magic Chinese blocks. Haha.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ettish was at a serious size disadvantage and didn't know he was fighting until the event was already going.

edit: oh but size wouldn't have mattered if he was more in tune with the mysterious secrets of Oriental wizard fist or whatever

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tyson in his prime seemed emotionally vulnerable. Lee could probably get some stinging barbs in there and then scram. That would be one path to a kind of victory.

edit: otherwise hitting Tyson with a truck when Tyson is walking into the venue. Maybe not a venue. It would probably be better if Tyson didn't know they were fighting so just in the street out of the blue.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 20, 2015

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hope we can all agree Bruce Lee was not in his prime while his brain was exploding due to his use of crazy Asian pharmaceuticals. Or maybe a stone warrior finally caught up with him in a foggy dreamscape. I hear in China many things are possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah, but kicks! Dirty strikes! Qi!

At least no one is even joking Lee would grapple somehow.

• Locked thread