Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's loving January in goddamn Ohio and I'm sitting here in my loving room SWEATING and taking off all my drat clothes because holy CHRIST WHY IS IT SO WARM IN HERE

I come back from winter break and im like "wow its p warm in here" and then I check the termostat: EIGHTY DEGREES. Literally 80 deg. Fahrenheit. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I turn it the gently caress down, to like 73 or something reasonable sounding I guess, even 73 is pretty fuckin high IMO. 69-70, and then if you're really feelion cold put it up to 71 or so. But first you put on a loving sweater.

The next day I find someone put it up to 78 and im like :reject: and turn it down to 75, then someone puts it to 77, etc you can see how it will go. Eventually we find a compromise I guess at like 75 or 76.

Then the electric bill shows up. Usually it's like a hundred bucks, or less, the worst it's EVER been was like 130 or 150. It's 258 dollars.

goddamnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Go turn it to 65 like any other roommate would.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
burn the house down in their sleep you win op

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
whatever you do, don't talk to him

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Roommate's probably just making sure the fertilized egg sac he implanted in your thorax last night has a chance to incubate properly. Don't be such a big jerk about it.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
they're from peurto rico and afghanistan so I guess they aren't used to the weather but still srsly wtf

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Enjoy your uberheated fart chamber.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

SHISHKABOB posted:

they're from peurto rico and afghanistan so I guess they aren't used to the weather but still srsly wtf
its 31 degrees in afghanaland right now fyi

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

viciously sexually assault your roommates, OP

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Better than the hairy gorilla roommate blasting A/C thru the winter

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

beat them up and make them pay the extra on the bill for setting your thermostat so high, gently caress them

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

set it to the right temp and just remove/file down the adjustment nub, they are easy as pie to mess with.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I'm in Ohio right now and everyone here is a huge wimp about the cold. Even if the house was heated to 80 degrees, you can bet they'd be wrapped in electric blanket on high next to a fireplace or something. I don't get it.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Real answer: Don't live in loving Ohio

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
if only you could talk to your roommates

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Inu posted:

:eyepop:

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
Set it to 67 and remove the thermostat. Or tell them they are responsible for any extra amount beyond the typical billing. If either of those doesn't work, try not living with a dipshit next time.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Inu posted:

True, but especially if you're not a fan of cold or snow.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Scream unreasonably loud at them about it.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
don't sweat it OP

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's really that hard for them to put a sweatshirt on?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kimmalah posted:

I'm in Ohio right now and everyone here is a huge wimp about the cold. Even if the house was heated to 80 degrees, you can bet they'd be wrapped in electric blanket on high next to a fireplace or something. I don't get it.

Why would you crank your heat and light a fire? I don't think you're actually in Ohio. I'm in Ohio and we know how fireplaces work here.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
haha dumb motherfucker having roommates be an adult get a job and live alone

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush
Tell your mom it's too hot and melting your fleshlights

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

SHISHKABOB posted:

It's loving January in goddamn Ohio and I'm sitting here in my loving room SWEATING and taking off all my drat clothes because holy CHRIST WHY IS IT SO WARM IN HERE

I come back from winter break and im like "wow its p warm in here" and then I check the termostat: EIGHTY DEGREES. Literally 80 deg. Fahrenheit. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I turn it the gently caress down, to like 73 or something reasonable sounding I guess, even 73 is pretty fuckin high IMO. 69-70, and then if you're really feelion cold put it up to 71 or so. But first you put on a loving sweater.

The next day I find someone put it up to 78 and im like :reject: and turn it down to 75, then someone puts it to 77, etc you can see how it will go. Eventually we find a compromise I guess at like 75 or 76.

Then the electric bill shows up. Usually it's like a hundred bucks, or less, the worst it's EVER been was like 130 or 150. It's 258 dollars.

goddamnit

DAD, I TOLD YOU I WOULD STOP FREEBASING TRAZADONES AND TAKE OUT THE TRASH IF YOU WOULD NOT POST ON MY FORUMS!!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
turn it to 64 and kill your roommates moron

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Room mate ran a bitcoin mining rig in the spare room next to mine during the summer. After he left for work I covered that poo poo in a thick rear end blanket it to cause to overheat and shut down. Your rear end wont let the AC turn on at 85 degress but you'll run a bullshit bitcoin rig? Nahhhhhh son. Go gently caress your self. He blew 2 grand on that thing and it never ran for more than an hour. Your welcome cock sucker.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

i live in cali and 80 is like nice weather to me so wtf op

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

i live in cali and 80 is like nice weather to me so wtf op

80 outside with a breeze is alright. 80 inside with no air movement is terrible.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

Puerto Rico sure, but Afghanistan can get cold as balls.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
tell your room mates how you feel, OP

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
and then do the earlier thing i said, which was kill them

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Francis Baconator posted:

Set it to 67 and remove the thermostat. Or tell them they are responsible for any extra amount beyond the typical billing. If either of those doesn't work, try not living with a dipshit next time.

thats not how thermostats work.

but you could wire in a different, secret thermostat and let them fiddle with the old one wondering why its not 80.

or buy one of these: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honeywell-Thermostat-Guard-CG511A/202024249

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
electric blankets during the winter are a much better and cheaper alternative

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Do this and set up a webcam feed. You'd be a GBS star for a day.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

63 degress crew checkin in

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

you have to be straight with them, tell them for you its heat or clothes

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i was going to make fun of you for being poo poo at human contact but i remember having an awkward house mate who made conversation impossible.

lived with him for a year and i still didnt know what course he was doing at uni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I modified all the registers to be basically closed in the house except for my drum room, which takes on the brunt of all cooling.

There are ways to make the house at large much warmer than your room.

• Locked thread