Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gargamel Gibson posted:

What is a fahrenheit?

it's the name of this german guy who invented temperature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

FalloutGod posted:

Room mate ran a bitcoin mining rig in the spare room next to mine during the summer. After he left for work I covered that poo poo in a thick rear end blanket it to cause to overheat and shut down. Your rear end wont let the AC turn on at 85 degress but you'll run a bullshit bitcoin rig? Nahhhhhh son. Go gently caress your self. He blew 2 grand on that thing and it never ran for more than an hour. Your welcome cock sucker.

Do we still have a Bitcoin thread to cross-post in or did that get culled?

Gargamel Gibson posted:

What is a fahrenheit?

1 Fahrenheit is approx -17 Celsius. So 80 Fahrenheit is loving cold.

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 19, 2015

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
If you ain't sittin in sauna temperatures during the winter I feel bad for you son

your roommate is actually a cool rebel who has defeated both you and the weather

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Gargamel Gibson posted:

What is a fahrenheit?

Special snowflake unit of measure for people of the world's most powerful and influential country.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I keep the thermostat on 72 all winter because (A) I am not poor (B) I live in a small apartment

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
my headmate does the same thing.

so annoying right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ivor Biggun posted:

It is in the paranormal forum now.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

420DD Butts posted:

meanwhile, my roommates keep turning the thermostat down to 55 because they're loving idiots

yeah i had this lovely wow-addict roommate who turned the thermostat down to the mid 40s because he had like three computer towers running at once

he was pretty miserable after he got on academic probation and his mommy came up to take all his electronics away

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Get a Nest so you can control the temperature with your phone.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I keep that poo poo at 65 cause I like the cold

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
literally tell them you're not gonna pay for that poo poo, unless of course your name is attached to that bill, then you're hosed

refuse to pay for whichever bill your name is not attached to?

if your name is attached to all of them, sorry buddy

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010
Have this problem in my office too, my department and the other one are separated by a glass divider but there is one thermostat for both offices (?!). We like it cold, they like it hot. Temperature wars have been going since we moved in last July and will probably continue until the end of time. They are a bunch of pussies.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

Ivor Biggun posted:

Haha I actually haven't seen the thread in a while so maybe its gone. Unfortunately, or fortunately I never got to live out my dickish fantasy. By the time he was able to get the thing working the only way to realistically mine coins was using the "super miners" specifically built to do the algorithms. I think he just sold it or gave it to a friend or something. Anyway I never had to deal with it long.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FalloutGod posted:

Haha I actually haven't seen the thread in a while so maybe its gone. Unfortunately, or fortunately I never got to live out my dickish fantasy. By the time he was able to get the thing working the only way to realistically mine coins was using the "super miners" specifically built to do the algorithms. I think he just sold it or gave it to a friend or something. Anyway I never had to deal with it long.

Cojawfee posted:

It is in the paranormal forum now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ferroque posted:

always wake up in a pool of sweat, piss

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Kimmalah posted:

I'm in Ohio right now and everyone here is a huge wimp about the cold. Even if the house was heated to 80 degrees, you can bet they'd be wrapped in electric blanket on high next to a fireplace or something. I don't get it.

counter point: being wrapped in a blanket by a fireplace is awesome and very enjoyable

• Locked thread