Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHSV8igDiEo

Wait poo poo

code:
Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
Featherweight	Conor McGregor	vs.	Dennis Siver				
Lightweight	Donald Cerrone	vs.	Benson Henderson				
Middleweight	Uriah Hall	vs.	Ron Stallings				
Lightweight	Norman Parke	vs.	Gleison Tibau		

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Welterweight	Cathal Pendred	vs.	Sean Spencer				
Welterweight	John Howard	vs.	Lorenz Larkin				
Lightweight	Zhang Lipeng	vs.	Chris Wade				
Flyweight	Patrick Holohan	vs.	Shane Howell				
Lightweight	Johnny Case	vs.	Frankie Perez				
Featherweight	Charles Rosa	vs.	Sean Soriano	

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Light Heavyweight	Matt Van Buren	vs.	Sean O'Connell				
Flyweight	Tateki Matsuda	vs.	Joby Sanchez
Here's why you should watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YVxnwlxQKQ

Snack Rating
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/lobster-rolls-recipe0.html

code:
Ingredients

4 (1 1/2-pound) cooked lobsters or 4 lobster tails or 1 1/2 pounds lobster meat
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 inner celery stalks and leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 rolls, split and lightly toasted
Melted butter, for brushing
Directions

Remove the meat from the lobsters, chopping any large chunks into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.

Cook's Note: Place lobster salad in refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the salad to absorb the flavorings.

Brush cut sides of the rolls with melted butter and fill with the lobster salad.
Watch on FoxSports1 or ufc.tv or http://bars.ufc.com/

Chat in #mma on synirc.org for your :tviv: action, have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Reminder that we like Howard amd Matsuda.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Also get your picks in for goonweight

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3674867&pagenumber=4#post440012947

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
good for john howard on making it back but larkin might boringly wrestle him

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
what the gently caress is that haughty taughty moor the scooner on my dingy new england snack rating nonsense

the appropriate snack rating is beer and xenophobia. where the beer comes from depends on what country you back in the main. alternatively if henderson/cerrone is your bag then it's budweiser or some kim chee and an x-men comic. you're welcome

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Cerrone co-headlined a PPV against Myles jury, and now he's third string on a B-level free card against Bendo. I don't know what it means but i might not care about this by the time football is over

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bundt Cake posted:

Cerrone co-headlined a PPV against Myles jury, and now he's third string on a B-level free card against Bendo. I don't know what it means but i might not care about this by the time football is over

He's still in the co-main event, and it's barely a two week notice injury replacement

red19fire
May 26, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

what the gently caress is that haughty taughty moor the scooner on my dingy new england snack rating nonsense

the appropriate snack rating is beer and xenophobia. where the beer comes from depends on what country you back in the main. alternatively if henderson/cerrone is your bag then it's budweiser or some kim chee and an x-men comic. you're welcome

Snack should be a Guiness and Corned Beef & Cabbage or Shnitzel depending on who you want to win. For the main event is Irish & German, you see.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

snack should be a car bomb or getting trapped in a giant oven

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

maffew buildings posted:

snack should be a car bomb or getting trapped in a giant oven

I considered the Irish Car Bomb drink but didn't think of an Oven joke. I did the lobster roll cause it should be a delicious card!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

kensei posted:

I considered the Irish Car Bomb drink but didn't think of an Oven joke. I did the lobster roll cause it should be a delicious card!

this is valid. i'm just upset and acting out because there isn't good or reasonably priced lobster where i am :(

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Snack rating should be a Black and Tan for ignorant Boston Irish pride

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

and a red cup full of skoal spit

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Cowboy/Bendo deserves more than 3 rounds.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought this was tonight and invited a friend over

there wasnt any ufc tonight though so instead we just watched bloodsport that movie was sick

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ninja PD posted:

Cowboy/Bendo deserves more than 3 rounds.

They've already had 6

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Well, four.

edit: I probably posted this before, but in hindsight (which is 20/20) WEC 48 was a stacked card. Unfortunately back then it was probably a bunch of nobodies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

Well, four.

edit: I probably posted this before, but in hindsight (which is 20/20) WEC 48 was a stacked card. Unfortunately back then it was probably a bunch of nobodies.

They were nobodies to an extent but the PPV sold better than UFC expected and the prelims did pretty well on Spike too. Faber was a pretty big star back then, his fight with Pulver drew 1.5 million viewers on a station with a bit less penetration than FS1 has right now. They put on the most stacked card they could and it partially resulted in the next show being main evented by Varner vs Shalorus, AKA the greatest fight of all time.

It was six rounds too, they went 5 in their first and 1 (well less than 1) in their second.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 18, 2015

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Huh my bad. I'm sorry I thought it was 3 and 1. :)

Yeah I it was also the first MMA card I ever watched too which was great.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I regretfully do not like seafood but isn't lobster supposed be like the filet mignon of seafood?

It seems weird to me that you would put such a prized expensive meat in a bunch of mayonnaise like a potato or something.

Anyhow, go team cowboy!

And I hope Siver wins. Not because I don't like McGregor. I've underrated him in the past and it's clear now that he's actually a decent fighter but I just don't like the marketing machine behind him all that much.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TheReverend posted:

I regretfully do not like seafood but isn't lobster supposed be like the filet mignon of seafood?

Both lobster and filet are overrated, the high-end prized seafoods are more like sea urchin roe, abalone, and bluefin tuna. Lobster is actually pretty mild tasting.

Lobster is actually pretty cheap and abundant on the North-East coast. It's just ocean bugs.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

lobster is the ultimate in classy dining for bros, an appropriate meal for a ufc event

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Read Johnny Case as Johnny Chase and got too excited

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
in conor mcgregor's photo he was asked to pose so that he could be easily photoshopped into a centaur by fetishists

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

in conor mcgregor's photo he was asked to pose so that he could be easily photoshopped into a centaur by fetishists

let me tell you about bad posture

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I dont know whether to stay up and try and find out how to watch the american football pre super bowl or go to sleep wake up early and then go back to bed or go to work early.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

that siver pic has got to be from his lw days jesus gently caress he looks so much thicker

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

niethan posted:

that siver pic has got to be from his lw days jesus gently caress he looks so much thicker

It's partly a height thing because he's a couple inches shorter but the pics are the same height. The same shot from Jones-Cormier made Cormier look like a cave troll, 6'4" and 300+ pounds. Aside from that, Siver is ridiculously thick at 145. His fight against Nam Phan looked like a joke (and was). It was a 12 year old kid trying to fight a grown man.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm gonna establish a base with this made-to-order turkey-olive-mozzarella-ranchdressing-filled spinach wrap I'm about to steal from the dining hall, the warm up with a 32oz can of PBR, possibly my last 40 of Mickey's and then finish with whatever agreeable alcoholic beverages BWWs has on tap.

Hope I'm doing America properly so far.

I really should've brought my Luftwaffe-sweater along.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 18, 2015

red19fire
May 26, 2010

origami posted:

Snack rating should be a Black and Tan for ignorant Boston Irish pride

Or something that must be prepared in a pressure cooker? #bostonstrong

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

TheReverend posted:

It seems weird to me that you would put such a prized expensive meat in a bunch of mayonnaise like a potato or something.

Anyhow, go team cowboy!

And I hope Siver wins. Not because I don't like McGregor. I've underrated him in the past and it's clear now that he's actually a decent fighter but I just don't like the marketing machine behind him all that much.

Please, do not besmirch the new england lobster roll.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Are streams OK for this as its on Fox? Blacked out on UFC.TV where I am, and have no TV.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

wooger posted:

Are streams OK for this as its on Fox? Blacked out on UFC.TV where I am, and have no TV.

Streams for free-to-air and basic cable are okay, streams to premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc) and PPV are verboten.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

red19fire posted:

Snack should be a Guiness and Corned Beef & Cabbage or Shnitzel depending on who you want to win.

those are some hackneyed snack ratings, friend. this ain't the god damned everyone loves ramond megathread.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
when in the gently caress is this on in New Zealand

e: like tonight at 4am or some poo poo??????

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

gimpsuitjones posted:

when in the gently caress is this on in New Zealand

e: like tonight at 4am or some poo poo??????

erm its 2pm aedt if that helps

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man, fights starting at 10 PM on a Sunday night is rouuugh. Luckily I can stay up late tonight but I could see that being annoying for people with morning jobs.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Siver winning and then testing positive for something would be the funniest outcome

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
can we please have a moratorium on the "funniest" outcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sorry I didn't know that was a trigger word

• Locked thread