Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Neurosis posted:

Robbie lawler is quaking in fear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
oh poo poo cerrone bendo is tonight? i might stay up passed my bedtime for that

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

This is the guy who keeps saying he's going to fight CM Punk

this guy seems like he should be fighting someone who is 0-0

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

When are they gonna get to the fireworks factory!?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
BED TIME WAS AT 10:30
I HOPE THIS FIGHT IS SHORT

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
siver's been using this for as long as i cna remember

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
mcgregor said people are going to have to either bow down or feel the rat. that's probably the most terrifying threat i've ever heard

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i cannot imagine that anyone really wants to feel the rat

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think McGregor absolutely schooled Siver. Siver had absolutely nothing for McGregor. Conor is very good and an Aldo fight is going to be a lot more competitive than all of you think.

mcgregor is really good at looking casual when he gets hit. once you pick up on it it is very telling. i think the comparisons to sugar ray leonard are apt in the following ways:
  • his style of playing for the judges is very effective
  • he is very entertaining and talented
  • i loving hate him

i agree that the fight with aldo will be very competitive though

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

no. based purely on facts dc could beat anyone in the top 10 and definitely beat anyone not gus / rumble at any time. apples and oranges.

lmao

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
loving crybaby diabetes reg valjohnson will lose the eventual rematch to cummins

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Conor has a skilled striker, and he's also fought guys that have let him maximize his advantages.

He's very fast, he has a very precise understanding and sense of distance, and those two things allow him both to be very creative in terms of the strikes he throws, and to counter well on people coming in on him. It also lets him fight with his hands moving around a lot with his head relatively unprotected, because his ability to be at exactly the right distance not to get hit when he needs to be is well developed (and the the movement of his hands make his punches even more unpredictable).

Siver fought him in exactly the wrong way; he gave him a ton of space and exchanged a lot of kicks. Conor's a better kicker with longer reach, and the fact that Siver gave him space and let him set the pace let him throw basically whatever strikes whenever he wanted.

When you get a guy whose strengths are allied to his diversity/creativity and mobility, the ways you beat him are to take away his tools. A pressure fighter that walks him down with good movement cutting off the cage is going to give him big problems, because he won't have the room to use all the techniques he wants and he'll have to react instead of setting the pace (although his ability to counter is still going to make him dangerous to come in on like that.) Fortunately for Conor, there really isn't someone who fits that description at feather, but if you want an example of what I'm talking about look at some of Rick Story's matches where he walks dudes down and beats the poo poo out of their bodies.

Unfortunately for Conor, the major other way you remove his tools is taking away his mobility and speed in changing distance and there IS a guy like that at feather - Aldo is going to kick the living gently caress out of his legs. Conor IS talented and skilled as a striker, I wouldn't be surprised if in the first and even the second round he looks good and even makes Aldo look bad for a bit - but in the later rounds, as his thighs purple and his footwork slows, Aldo is going to murder him.

conor's power makes him a threat early, but he even seemed to be slowing by the end of the first against siver

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Kenny was also a very good wrestler

this is a bald faced lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
kenny florian is an expert on wrestling in the same way that hermes franca is an expert on consent

• Locked thread