Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
Why is it like pulling teeth to get them to respond? Sometimes the phone is silent for seconds at a time (that's a long time in phone-time). Sometimes the line just goes dead. I ask a question and it's just silence. The other person is gone.

It's scary enough on the phone. But sometimes I dream I'm actually in a room with someone and I ask them something. They go silent. They become completely still. I circle around them a few times. They're just a statue of flesh standing with a slack-jawed smile.

I think it happens when my subconscious becomes partially aware that it's dreaming. How can it impart original thoughts and ideas to an actor that it's already aware of? Messed up.

This is sometimes a prelude to a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

you are a sociopath, get help

nohusty
Dec 23, 2014

Ayy bb wan sum fuk?
maybe youre not who you think you are

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bet if you think really hard back to your child hood you will realize you were molested for years, causing latent nightmares to manifest itself. good luck on your journey OP.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
sounds good, OP!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

What do you say to them before they stop talking to you?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

FaradayCage posted:

Why is it like pulling teeth to get them to respond? Sometimes the phone is silent for seconds at a time (that's a long time in phone-time). Sometimes the line just goes dead. I ask a question and it's just silence. The other person is gone.

It's scary enough on the phone. But sometimes I dream I'm actually in a room with someone and I ask them something. They go silent. They become completely still. I circle around them a few times. They're just a statue of flesh standing with a slack-jawed smile.

I think it happens when my subconscious becomes partially aware that it's dreaming. How can it impart original thoughts and ideas to an actor that it's already aware of? Messed up.

This is sometimes a prelude to a nightmare.

u don't want people reading your thoughts, so you repress your latent ability to speak into the minds of others.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
It sounds like they're playing a scratchy victrola record, then the line gets cut

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Idk OP but I constantly have extremely vivid unsettling dreams that are at borderline nightmares at best and at worst I wake up sweating and super freaked out.

Sometimes I realize it's a dream and that's cool BC I can control it (assuming I dont wake up at that point) but usually I dont realize it

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I often have to call 911 in a dream and usually I get some answering service or am just put on hold forever

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I never talk on the phone in my dreams but I often fight and its like my hands are bogged down with thick spiderwebs and can't move fast enough or when I'm running its like I'm in quicksand

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

What do you say to them before they stop talking to you?

Usually something kinda important but boring like "I'm at the mall on the Macy's side. Can you pick me up?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
lately I have these recurring dreams about helping this spanish guy murder some guy and then falling in love with the spanish guy (i'm not gay) and going on the run

we never kiss or hug or do anything gay, except he rims me. every dream. he's like french kissing my butthole (i'm not gay)

and he looks like the adult version of this guy i knew in 3rd grade

this dream has woken me up multiple nights, sweating, and wondering how long before the cops find me, and how long me & dave (thats his name) can keep running

im gay

• Locked thread