Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Many years ago we discovered NWA Mountain State and a new tradition was born. Now I present to you SOUTHERN STATES WRESTLING.

Shoot Style Submission Wrestling! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbbUnTYS7zY
Promos! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDB4LZWZn4
More promos! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NllxbFa5BU
Commercials! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6j8POzbyc0
Live events! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNAuK7lCHOc
Great booking! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl2rWiYfVgI
STEEL CAGES!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhdessO5fQc

and of course, loving tributes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYZk4aa3NM0

They have a weekly TV show that gets uploaded on youtube and I'll be running it after Nitros on Tuesday. It's amazing. You have to see it.

In other news...

PWG will return February 27th! I'm having trouble finding a full card but according to their board and twitter we've got:

quote:

Trevor Lee challenges Roderick Strong for the PWG World Title!

Brian Cage and Uhaa Nation have decided to combine the meat and create the meatiest team in history. They face The Young Bucks!

"Speedball" Mike Bailey makes his PWG debut. He will be taking on Biff Busick!

Drew Gulak returns to PWG to take on Chris Hero!

Cedric Alexander will take on Tommaso Ciampa on February 27th!

With Adam Cole gone it's a new era for PWG but Roderick Strong is there to guide them.

On the other side of the country ISW continues to run opposition to UFC:

Back in Danbury at the Heirloom Arts Ballroom on February 28th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR3gKTl5B6M

quote:

We managed to sign two big matches over the weekend for BONER JAM III on February 28th, 2015…

Oh, wait. Guess we should talk about that first.

The show originally scheduled for March 7th in Danbury has been pushed back one week to February 28th, due to talent availability and other such mess that you don’t really care about. Believe me, as a promotion on the smallest of small scales, it’s difficult to land dates. Fortunately, thanks to the help of the Heirloom Arts Theatre, we were able to come to you one week sooner in 2015!

With that said, we’ve been able to sign two huge matches for 2/28. First, a tag team showdown between two of the best young tag teams in the world today. Tabarnak de Team of Mathieu St. Jacques and Thomas Dubois take on Team PAZUZU‘s underlings, EYFBO. The winner of this match will land in tag title contention, inevitably setting themselves up for a match with Dan Barry and Bill Carr.

Speaking of Team PAZUZU, we last saw Undisputed King of Crazy Chris Dickinson standing tall over Inter Species champion Izzie Deadyet at the conclusion of Slamtasia V. After discussion with both parties, it’s quite clear that they both think there isn’t room for two top champions…however, we’re not at a point where we want to merge these two championships. We’re not against putting them in the ring against one another, though we’d love to throw a unique wrench into things. As such, we’ve booked an enormous six man war for the main event of Boner Jam III. Team PAZUZU’s Chris Dickinson, Pinkie Sanchez and JAKA take on a team of Izzie Deadyet and two teammates of his choosing. We’ll keep you abreast of all updates right here on the site.

The ONLY way to see this live is to be there yourself on February 28th to see it all go down. Get your tickets here; they’re sure to go fast.

-Baldip

Let us not forget PARAGON LEAGUE WRESTLING

http://www.paragonleague.com/

quote:

At Paragon 3 this past weekend, the Paragon Nation was exposed to several new athletes, two of them being the high flying Kris Pyro and the powerhouse Ace Romero. They both had incredible showings but there seems to be some controversy over their in-ring attire.

There are rules within the Paragon League system to dictate the in-ring attire of the competitors. One of these rules is no t-shirts while involved in in-ring competition. Both Kris Pyro and Ace Romeo wore t-shirts during their matches and the Paragon League championship committee have instated infractions on them, putting them at negative points in the rankings. (Pyro at -15, Romero at -20)

I want to put it out there right now that this rule is a detriment to Paragon as a whole. Both Romero and Pyro showed that they are incredible additions to the roster, with Pyro stealing the show alongside his opponent, AR Fox(1-0[53]) and Romero showing his moster power taking on three other competitors in a fatal four way match. And now both of these men have an even steeper climb to the top starting their career in Paragon with negative points. A t-shirt does not make or break a competitor, nor does it have any detriment to the competition. I believe that the rule is only there for asthetic reasons and should not have any bearing on the competition. I'd have to say that the "no t-shirt rule" is showing that it is debilitating to the competitors, and should be ammended in the rules.

Full results from their last event: http://www.paragonleague.com/#!PARAGON-3-FURY-VS-HERO-FULL-RESULTS/cxt7/2E31FE24-CDEE-4484-88C3-4D1820E2C578

Download the rulebook free! http://www.paragonleague.com/#!OFFICIAL-RULEBOOK-Now-Available-to-Download-for-FREE/cxt7/D0EF9004-A427-41D3-96D4-70DA0A96B400

CZW and WSU present Dojo Wars 4!

January 28th: http://www.czwrestling.com/upcoming/

WWN Live is doing a bunch of events Wrestlemania Weekend.

The King of the Indies Lineup looked kind of bad but I dunno maybe the other shows will be good? SHIMMER will be there. Plus EVOLVE is gonna do more shows in China.

http://wwnlive.com/

So let's get up to date on all the big time indie news!

THIS THREAD IS A WEIGHT SHAME FREE ZONE

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the next PWG event is gonna be so righteous

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

Many years ago we discovered NWA Mountain State and a new tradition was born. Now I present to you SOUTHERN STATES WRESTLING.

Welcome... to the quiet & introspective world... *slaps chest* of FRANK PARKER!!

http://youtu.be/41NVU-gF3i0?t=3m22s

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The only single time I went and saw a Mountain State Wrestling show despite living in the state it was filmed in and knowing the people who shot the thing, I met Beau James. And good god he is a loving shithead.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
oh gently caress.

I think one of my college friends used to work for SSW.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

3D bible study

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

XWA needs new management.

The show started 40 minutes late and then Paul London took about 8 minutes to get to the ring.
JT Dunn vs. London (winner gets a title match tonight) was a draw. What the gently caress. Just book a threeway from the start and have an opener with a hot finish.
Spirit Squad d. Hearthrobs. This was an average Raw tag match. There was an awful sequence where the Heartthrobs got crossed up and wrestled each other with the softest and least convincing moves I've ever seen.
Biff Busick d. Trevor Lee. It was good. Trevor kept stalling to get heat which was really not the thing to do tonight.
Ciampa(c) d. London & Dunn. A well planned triple threat match. Lots of 3 man sequences instead of 1 guy just hanging in the corner for no reason.
AJ Styles d. Jason Blade. Very good. Crowd went crazy for every Styles Clash tease. He eventually got it without incident.
NOBODY won the Xtreme Rumble. Special appearances by Carlito and Snitsky. Lots of teams in the match. Team Tremendous and Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb were the standouts. Eliminations felt slow but Hanson dominated. Uhaa Nation wasn't there. You can imagine my reaction when #30 was Mike Bennett instead. It only got worse. Biff was eliminated and the crowd died. Hanson and a local guy were the last two. Bennett, Taven, Brutal Bob, and a former ring announcer ran in and there was no finish. Biff and Team Tremendous tried to fight them off and failed. The XWA booker ran in to put an end to this chicanery. Former ring announcer complained about The Kingdom being booked for the Rumble and not real matches. This is where you ignore Hanson blowing a free title match by not winning the loving Rumble. Former ring announcer complained about some poo poo nobody cares abut from 2005 then smashed a bottle over the booker's head.

I will not be going to Cranston on March ~22nd.

e: The ring announcer was Bobby Cruise. So they bet heavily on the crowd caring about ROH.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 18, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

LvK posted:

oh gently caress.

I think one of my college friends used to work for SSW.

I like how they're using the same ad backgrounds as SMW (hell, probably the same video equipment as SMW) and their advertisers consist of a Republican comedian and a church.

Go to church.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I'm looking forward to what SHIMMER can pull out of their hats for Wrestlemania weekend. It's West Coast, so who is even available isn't clear yet. I was hoping this was going to be the angle to get Hudson Envy on one of the shows, but she had to go and do some time with STARDOM. Basically I think only Candice is announced so far, Melissa and Nicole Savoy live fairly close and are no brainers. Who else is running shows in the area? I know a lot of promotions use Veda Scott and Kimber Lee (Heidi Lovelace too, but she's also in Japan).

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The show started 40 minutes late and then Paul London took about 8 minutes to get to the ring.
JT Dunn vs. London (winner gets a title match tonight) was a draw. What the gently caress. Just book a threeway from the start and have an opener with a hot finish.
Spirit Squad d. Hearthrobs. This was an average Raw tag match. There was an awful sequence where the Heartthrobs got crossed up and wrestled each other with the softest and least convincing moves I've ever seen.
Biff Busick d. Trevor Lee. It was good. Trevor kept stalling to get heat which was really not the thing to do tonight.
Ciampa(c) d. London & Dunn. A well planned triple threat match. Lots of 3 man sequences instead of 1 guy just hanging in the corner for no reason.
AJ Styles d. Jason Blade. Very good. Crowd went crazy for every Styles Clash tease. He eventually got it without incident.
NOBODY won the Xtreme Rumble. Special appearances by Carlito and Snitsky. Lots of teams in the match. Team Tremendous and Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb were the standouts. Eliminations felt slow but Hanson dominated. Uhaa Nation wasn't there. You can imagine my reaction when #30 was Mike Bennett instead. It only got worse. Biff was eliminated and the crowd died. Hanson and a local guy were the last two. Bennett, Taven, Brutal Bob, and a former ring announcer ran in and there was no finish. Biff and Team Tremendous tried to fight them off and failed. The XWA booker ran in to put an end to this chicanery. Former ring announcer complained about The Kingdom being booked for the Rumble and not real matches. This is where you ignore Hanson blowing a free title match by not winning the loving Rumble. Former ring announcer complained about some poo poo nobody cares abut from 2005 then smashed a bottle over the booker's head.

Jesus christ, what a crappy sounding show.

Cory Lidle fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 18, 2015

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's a great example of a bad finish killing a card. "Nobody won. Come back in 2 months" was astonishingly dumb. They had a crowd with lots of AJ fans and kids and blew it with the stupid ending. They were smart enough to realize Biff and Team Tremendous were the top babyfaces but it's still terrible. Anyone clamoring for Bennett vs. Busick saw it in Providence 3 weeks ago.

e: Uhaa wrestled in North Carolina tonight. PWX advertising goes back to at least December 29th, so gently caress XWA.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 18, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Former WWE stars nobody wanted to see having one-off matches at random indie shows are about the saddest thing ever. No one wants to see Snitzky, he probably wasn't involved in any kind of story, and they probably paid a whole lot of money for the novelty of saying "Former WWE Superstar" on the posters.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Carlito got a huge pop. I was shocked. Snitsky got a good reaction. Nobody came for the Spirit Squad and Heartthrobs.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
The only Spirit Squad guy anyone gives a poo poo about is busy waiting for his Noncompete to expire because John Cena is a terrible friend and a worse human being.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Beaver Boys and Monster Mafia are coming to PWG. Who do you all think they'll book them against?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Dr. Baker posted:

Beaver Boys and Monster Mafia are coming to PWG. Who do you all think they'll book them against?

My guess would be two out of the Inner City Machine Guns, African American Wolves, or Best Friends. Candice and Joey are in England on the same tour as Johnny Gargano and Chris Sabin, so none of them will be at this particular show. ACH is one of the only guys that I don't know the status of re: working indies outside of ROH, but he wasn't given any goodbye messages like Cole and O'Reilly were after Black Cole Sun so my assumption is he can still work PWG. The Addiction is also an option if PWG wants to actually put them over for a change, instead of losing title shots or to the Bucks like they have in every show since they've come back.

From what very little I've seen of Monster Mafia, I bet putting them in a match with Ricochet and Swann in front of the Reseda crowd would be a lot of fun. I know absolutely nothing about the Beaver Boys.

e: My other fantasy booking, since we have 5 matches booked and PWG typically runs 8 in a show, is Monster Mafia vs. African American Wolves and a Ricochet vs. Matt Sydal singles match. Highspots for days.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 18, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dr. Baker posted:

the fact that they didn't announce an opponent leaves me thinking there's some kind of surprise team showing up for a 3/4 way i dunno

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Why would they book a date they know they're tag champs can't appear on? Doesn't Joey Ryan have a hand in running PWG?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Were the Heartthrobs in WWE? I remember seeing them at a Chikara show and not being too impressed with their performance.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dr. Baker posted:

Why would they book a date they know they're tag champs can't appear on? Doesn't Joey Ryan have a hand in running PWG?

it's pwg so while the tag team titles are important as long as the bucks show up the crowd will leave happy

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

oatgan posted:

it's pwg so while the tag team titles are important as long as the bucks show up the crowd will leave happy

This isn't an explanation.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Baker posted:

This isn't an explanation.

PWG doesn't have free reign over their venue so sometimes they have to book dates where not every important talent is available. It's more important to run a show than run a show with Joey Ryan. I don't think he's part of ownership anymore either.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

MassRafTer posted:

PWG doesn't have free reign over their venue so sometimes they have to book dates where not every important talent is available. It's more important to run a show than run a show with Joey Ryan. I don't think he's part of ownership anymore either.

Thank you.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
This coming Monday on the Beyond Wrestling youtube page they're running a live stream during Raw now called RAWlternative (it was BoycottRaw before) to showcase other independent wrestling promotions.

Copied and pasted from their facebook page:

Matches announced:

-Young Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros courtesy of Smash Wrestling (Twitter: @smashwrestling)
-Ricochet vs. Josh Alexander courtesy of Alpha-1 Wrestling (Twitter: @A1Wrestling)
-Chris Hero vs. Colin Delaney courtesy of 2CW: Squared Circle Wrestling (Twitter: @2CW)
-Johnny Gargano vs. Ethan Page courtesy of Absolute Intense Wrestling (Twitter: @aiwrestling)
-Takaaki Watanabe vs. Andy Dalton courtesy of Inspire Pro (Twitter: @InspireProWres)
-Ninjas With Altitude vs. Food Fighters courtesy of Inter Species Wrestling (Twitter: @ISDub)
-Eddie Kingston vs. Keith Walker courtesy of Aaw Pro (Twitter: @AAWPro)
-Kevin Steen vs. Mike Bailey courtesy of C*4 (Twitter: @C4Wrestling)
-Brian Kendrick vs. Dark Sheik courtesy of Hoodslam (Twitter: @HOODSLAM)
-Rich Swann & AR Fox vs. Christian Rose & Matt Cage courtesy of DREAMWAVE Wrestling (Twitter: @DWWrestling)
-Kyle O'Reilly vs. Gary Jay courtesy of Saint Louis Anarchy (Twitter: @stlanarchy)

There's two more matches they're going to announce soon.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Were the Heartthrobs in WWE? I remember seeing them at a Chikara show and not being too impressed with their performance.

They were in WWE for roughly a year, and they were simply awful. Not to mention that like 90% of their matches were against either Rosey&Hurricane or Snitsky&Tomko.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

wRESTle in peace, mullet man :911: you were a good wrassalor.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

super macho dude posted:

He had only done it once before :smith:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

e: The ring announcer was Bobby Cruise. So they bet heavily on the crowd caring about ROH.

Was this the same company that ran that God awful PPV where EVERY match had to also have promo time and Colts commentary mic went dead after Gargano took a back bump on a obvious crash pad hiding equipment?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Germansimp posted:

They were in WWE for roughly a year, and they were simply awful. Not to mention that like 90% of their matches were against either Rosey&Hurricane or Snitsky&Tomko.

They had a very memorable match against Regal & Tajiri in which Regal potatoed the poo poo out of one of them until he had an enormous hematoma under one of his eyes. The next week that whole side of his face had turned purple so they turned it into a mini-feud.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Was this the same company that ran that God awful PPV where EVERY match had to also have promo time and Colts commentary mic went dead after Gargano took a back bump on a obvious crash pad hiding equipment?
That was FPW or Family something out of New York.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

super macho dude posted:

Which mullet man are you referring to?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

CombineThresher posted:

Which mullet man are you referring to?
Brad Batten

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012
Wow, that XWA show sounds like a train wreck. A lot of people complaining about them on Twitter for hiring a video crew to tape their shows and then not releasing them but if that's the product they put on, uhhhh...I'd rather not? Good on them for drawing but I don't see how any of that is supposed to entice anyone to come back.

Updated ISW card for 2/28, btw. Sorry for being the only promoters that run against UFC, we really try not to. :(

- Team PAZUZU (Undisputed King of Crazy Chris Dickinson, Pinkie Sanchez & JAKA) vs. Izzie Deadyet and two partners of his choosing
- ISW Tag Team Championship: Tremendous Investigations, Inc. (Ofc. Dan Barry & Det. Bill Carr, C) vs. Ninjas with Altitude (Kitsune & Shynron)
- Tabarnak de Team (Mathieu St. Jacques & Thomas Dubois) vs. Team PAZUZU's EYFBO (Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz)
- Fluffy the Killer Bunny vs. Leon St. Giovanni
- Sexxxy Eddy vs. Craigslist Homo (w/ Glaad Badd)

EDIT: forgot we're announcing that tag title match tonight...oh well. Spoilers?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ultimo, you've not considered the possibility that this was all a big time shoot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rawlternative is such a dumb idea in my book. It's the week before the Rumble, I want to watch Raw.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

Rawlternative is such a dumb idea in my book. It's the week before the Rumble, I want to watch Raw.

I like the concept, but it was a poorly chosen week to do it, imo. That and people are starting to get ridiculous about it on twitter so I've muted it and related hashtags.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Raw's been terrible lately and I'll sometimes show poo poo in PSP.TV as an alternative Monday nights but this is one week even I want to watch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The RAW before the rumble up until the RAW after WM are pretty much the only ones worth watching all year, the rest might as well be the "Off season" of the WWE because nothing loving happens. I can see why people want to boycott RAW, I read the open letter about it destroying the Wrestling industry if the very top suffers and disgusts people, but the better time to do it would probably be Summerslam

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I will watch both and pay special attention to one when the other is doing something I don't care about

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Crowdfunding has reached a new low:

http://www.gofundme.com/kh9juk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't have much faith in WWE doing anything correctly and the RAWlternative card looks fun.

• Locked thread