Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i saw team tremendous and now whatever tonight was is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i saw team tremendous and now whatever tonight was is okay.

Lloyd Cthulowitz did it for me. What a great gimmick. Plus it's always good to see Pinkie Sanchez, that dude is hella underrated.

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm enjoying Slamtasia V, but can somebody tell me more about Pazuzu? And more about the storylines of ISW in general.

Team PAZUZU consists of Chris Dickinson (the Undisputed King of Crazy Champion), Pinkie Sanchez, JAKA and the tag team EYFBO, Mike Draztik and Angel Ortiz. Trying to come up with a crazy backstory would be bullshitting the organic nature of their stable; they're just five cats from New York City that have come up together and genuinely want to push each other to be the best in the world. There's a Satan worship gimmick to the whole thing, but the real nature of them all as friends and wild men is too good to cloud over with storyline poo poo, IMO.

Storylines right now are kind of bare, as Slamtasia V kind of ended a lot of chapters for us (the Glaad Badd/Craigslist Homo wedding, the blowoff of Izzie Deadyet and Buxx Belmar, etc.). We set up a deal after the Lego Deathmatch on Slamtasia V where Dickinson came out and jumped Izzie Deadyet because he feels that the Undisputed King of Crazy title means more than the Inter Species championship that Deadyet holds and should be treated as the top belt ("your belt says 'champion' but mine says 'king.'"). The show coming up next month should get the ball rolling on a lot of things, topped off with a six man tag of Dickinson, Pinkie and Jaka against Deadyet, Matt Tremont and a partner TBA.

Big thanks to anyone that checked us out tonight, or anyone else that was offering stuff up. I checked out that SMASH show throughout the night and the matches they book are bonkers. Glad to see things are on the up for them, definitely a good group of dudes. They've made a lot of strides with their production that make me more inclined to check them out in the future.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

thanks for the show, Baldip, I had a blast watching it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

BaldipISW posted:

Team PAZUZU consists of Chris Dickinson (the Undisputed King of Crazy Champion), Pinkie Sanchez, JAKA and the tag team EYFBO, Mike Draztik and Angel Ortiz. Trying to come up with a crazy backstory would be bullshitting the organic nature of their stable; they're just five cats from New York City that have come up together and genuinely want to push each other to be the best in the world. There's a Satan worship gimmick to the whole thing, but the real nature of them all as friends and wild men is too good to cloud over with storyline poo poo, IMO.

Storylines right now are kind of bare, as Slamtasia V kind of ended a lot of chapters for us (the Glaad Badd/Craigslist Homo wedding, the blowoff of Izzie Deadyet and Buxx Belmar, etc.). We set up a deal after the Lego Deathmatch on Slamtasia V where Dickinson came out and jumped Izzie Deadyet because he feels that the Undisputed King of Crazy title means more than the Inter Species championship that Deadyet holds and should be treated as the top belt ("your belt says 'champion' but mine says 'king.'"). The show coming up next month should get the ball rolling on a lot of things, topped off with a six man tag of Dickinson, Pinkie and Jaka against Deadyet, Matt Tremont and a partner TBA.

Big thanks to anyone that checked us out tonight, or anyone else that was offering stuff up. I checked out that SMASH show throughout the night and the matches they book are bonkers. Glad to see things are on the up for them, definitely a good group of dudes. They've made a lot of strides with their production that make me more inclined to check them out in the future.

Yo, does Mike Draztik have any relation to Draztik Boy from DTU.tv (i think it is)

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

#RAWlternative replay until 8 tonight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=9nQHejSeEBw

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/91147/first-main-event-for-house-of-hardcore-7.html?p=1

quote:

The Young Bucks vs. Austin Aries & Bobby Roode has been announced as the first main event of the 3/7 House of Hardcore event in Philadelphia, PA at the 2300 Arena.

For details and ticket information, visit http://www.houseofhardcore.net

I wonder if House of Hardcore could get Samoa Joe for a night?

HOH is the best chance we have of seeing TNA wrestlers in non-poo poo matches.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

just loving reunite beer money already jesus christ

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
im firmly convinced that the fatter chris hero gets, the better he gets, so when he looks like viscera, he will be misawa. namaste

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He also seems to be wrestling angrier. He's like the fat Incredible Hulk. You wouldnt like him when he gets hungry.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Southern States Wrasslin has so much good talent.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
somewhat unrelated but i keep seeing people end posts with namaste in the wrestling threads and i dont know what it is, it sounds foreign and i dont like it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yuriy posted:

somewhat unrelated but i keep seeing people end posts with namaste in the wrestling threads and i dont know what it is, it sounds foreign and i dont like it

it's a thing us browns say sometimes. no need to panic.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Not sure where to put this, but it's awesome

quote:

Vince Russo did an angle with the wXw promotion out of Oberhausen, Germany. Lead heel Karsten Beck had talked about a mysterious supporter who he would reveal on the first show of the year. On the 1/17 show, there was an eight-man street fight. Their champion Big Daddy Walter was on the winning team. Russo came out and congratulate him and introduced Beck, saying he was the mysterious sponsor of Beck and they had bought into wXw (storyline). Beck then challenged Walter to a title match right there. Russo then approved the match. Walter power bombed Beck but Russo pulled ref Tassilo Jung out of the ring. Sha Samuels, who is Beck’s tag team partner, hit Walter with belt shot. Russo took off his sweater, and was wearing a ref shirt underneath, and counted the fall, so Beck won the title.

The angle got over huge. wXw usually does clean finishes so a break from usual should have worked. They explained the angle that the original owners took on a new investor to help expand and the new investor hired Russo. The story is that their lawyers said they can’t get rid of Russo, and he doesn’t have creative control of the company, but he has the power to book matches and the company can’t overturn his decisions, but Russo can’t fire anyone. It is believed Russo will be brought back again since people who work with the company have been told to add Russo to certain materials.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I had to read both the angle and his role in the company three times each to parse it.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
how on earth is he still getting jobs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Beau James is my favorite wrestler. The nepotism of SSW puts every other wrestling company to shame. I am in love with the fact that not only is his wife the top women's star in the company she also constantly hosts the TV show. She does this despite being able to string together four words before looking at cue cards. Everyone should watch SSW.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not.

Wouldn't surprise me if Yurity didn't know any other languages existed imo

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bard Maddox posted:

how on earth is he still getting jobs

Seriously, why do people keep giving Vince Russo money? He has a proven track record of ruining promotions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Beau James is my favorite wrestler. The nepotism of SSW puts every other wrestling company to shame. I am in love with the fact that not only is his wife the top women's star in the company she also constantly hosts the TV show. She does this despite being able to string together four words before looking at cue cards. Everyone should watch SSW.

Beau James has a poor reputation with other local indies because he's taken advantage of kids in the ring. One time got cold cocked backstage for it. He's eased up on that with age.

His wife is a good person, tho.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

coconono posted:

Beau James has a poor reputation with other local indies because he's taken advantage of kids in the ring. One time got cold cocked backstage for it. He's eased up on that with age.

Well this explains why Dutch Mantel wouldn't shake his hand after their "match".

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Seriously, why do people keep giving Vince Russo money? He has a proven track record of ruining promotions.

I do love the idea of using Vince Russo as a character to troll smarks. Just don't let him do any creative

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

Zaqtaro and I had to film Beau James, he's still a real giant piece of poo poo, and he was abusing animals, too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

Zaqtaro and I had to film Beau James, he's still a real giant piece of poo poo, and he was abusing animals, too.

please learn a few wrestling holds and cripple his rear end. or get Nicole Bass to beat him up.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Flameingblack posted:

They say never meet your heroes because they'll always disappoint. =/

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Whose hero is Beau James? I've never heard of him outside SSW.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

please learn a few wrestling holds and cripple his rear end. or get Nicole Bass to beat him up.
Zaqtaro was also on Howerd Stern trying to gently caress Nicole Bass. Small world.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Roddy/Kyle from Black Cole Sun was a war

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I got a copy of Beau James' book with my Kindle Unlimited subscription. It opens with like a million forewords.

quote:

He reminded me a lot of Jim Cornette at [17].

Beau James has an undying passion for our sport, and respect for everyone who came before him in our sport like I have never seen.

Wrestling fan or not, I know you will enjoy this book. I have watched Beau James change from a young upstart into a true and respected veteran known to the world as “Handsome” Beau James, The King of Kingsport.

“(Beau James) is awesome, a fountain of knowledge that all young wrestlers could learn from.” Jerry Lynn, Former ECW, WWE and WCW Champion

“Beau James is the only guy I know who’s been wrestling 40 years and he’s only 37 years old!” David Young, TNA wrestler

It's a legit story where he talks about meeting Dusty Rhodes when he was 8, but :laffo: this line:

quote:

My fondest memory of Sunday afternoon wrestling didn’t take place at The Gym. In fact, it took place of all places at Kentucky Fried Chicken.

His first show as a professional referee:

quote:

The national anthem played and off to the ring I went. I got in the ring and out came the first match. It was two masked guys. When I went over to check them, one told me a dirty joke. The other one had nothing to say but farted when he lifted his leg. That was the two highspots of the match. For the next 5 minutes, these two guys did what seemed to me as play-wrestle and laugh. The match ended with an attempt at a schoolboy rollup and I found myself rethinking not only being a ref but also a wrestling fan.

I spent the next three-plus hours reffing 10 matches and in 8 of them the participants should have been thrown in jail for impersonating wrestlers. This was my first taste of many to come of bad wrestling. It was a joke that was not funny. It was a disgrace to all the great men and women who had came before and paved the way and built wrestling . It was a slap in the face to fans who paid hard-earned money.

The PWA was a good-old-boys system headed by a few guys named Carroll Dickerson, Cowboy Williams, Billy Lawson and Otis Roberts. It was what wrestlers of that time would call outlaw. It was a group of guys who never took the time to learn the proper ways. They never learned to talk , act, or carry themselves as pro wrestlers. They were “play wrestlers.” They were all buddies who got together and played wrestling. The older guys trained the younger guys, showing them what they knew, which was nothing. If a new guy came along they would take turns beating him like a drum with cheap shots, sucker punches, or any backstabbing tactics they could use. They were all as good as gold to your face, but once someone bucked the system they were all out to get him.

quote:

The dressing room was like a jail cell. Your spot was your spot. You sat your bag on one side of your chair, your briefcase on the other, a towel in your seat, and your jacket on the back of the chair. No one invaded your space. No one sat in your spot. Nowadays, guys will step on your stuff, sit in your seat, and move your chair , yet you’re an a** hole if you jump on somebody about it. I had to learn the lesson and they should too.

When I started, I was around grown men. Many were in the twilight of their careers, but I would never for a second have thought of calling any of them an old man. Yet I hear these punks today use that phrase in the dressing room, in the ring or even on the mic. I have even been called an old man. When that happens , I then take a few seconds to educate them to the old days and a few holds they have never seen. Then I will ask them, “If I’m an old man and I had you screaming in the ring, how does that make you look?” I’m not tough by wrestling standards, but I have a lifetime of experience learning how to protect myself. And I do know more wrestling than most “wrestlers” today.

Right at the top of the “drives-me-crazy” list is when a so-called wrestler calls me “bro” or “brother.” Just because you get in the ring and “wrestle” your buddies around your hometown a couple of times a month, that does not make you a wrestler, and even less so my brother. In fact , you’re not even really in the wrestling business. I have heard wrestlers call each other “brother” for most of my life. I call the boys my brothers whenever I see them, but these so-called wrestlers who think they are in the same profession as me are not my wrestling brothers.

quote:

Your lessons back then were learned in the dressing room and the car rides. This does not happen now because the dressing room has turned into a zoo with play-wrestlers running around horse-playing, parading their wives and kids through, or rehearsing. Beyond that, most wrestlers don’t go more than 75 miles from home now. Why? Because they are wrestling for free or for whatever they can get and can't afford it.

That leads me to one of the biggest changes I have seen . Like I said earlier, when I started , pro wrestlers were for the most part grown men trying to make a living or extra money, or else trying to get a break to move on to a bigger area. Even the ones who were really bad at it had a dream of making money. Now it seems like every time I do an Internet radio show or post on a social page my feeling on the subject , I get 100 emails from goofs attacking me, telling me they do it for the love of it, for fun, or for whatever reason. If you are one of them reading this book, pay attention. YOU DO IT FOR FREE BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT WORTH PAYING! YOU ARE TAKING MONEY AND A LIVELIHOOD AWAY FROM HARD-WORKING MEN AND WOMEN, SO GO BACK TO BUYING TICKETS.

I come across these guys every week. I always ask them what they do for a living, and if they are just kids, I ask them what their moms or dads do. Say someone tells me he is a diesel mechanic. You have to be well-trained to work on a diesel engine. I know this so I would never try it. But I tell them, “What if I start toying with it? I learn the basics. I get OK with just the basics, but never go past that, but I think I’m a lot better than that because my wife, family , friends , or one person tells me so. So I go down and teach my buddies what little I know. They don’t get it even as good as I do, or maybe one of them does. Maybe that one guy gets better and opens up a shop. He works in the shop only one day a week or a couple of times a month , but people go to him, only to get ripped off because he said he was a professional. They trade their diesels in. They tell everyone they know about that shop in town. Everyone in town gets rid of their diesels and soon not only has that shop shut down, but YOU are out of work as well. How would you feel after all the time and money you spent to go to school to learn your trade? Twenty years in and you are done. Time to go to work at the bottom doing something else. Your teacher comes by to tell you he is ashamed of you for what you let happen. How would you like it? ” They always answer very fast, “I would not like it at all,” to which I reply, “GET OUT OF MY BUSINESS!”

quote:

Some go so far as to publicly attack people they don’t like or promotions that are smart enough not to use them. Funny, not too many years ago if you had trouble with another wrestler, you settled with flesh on flesh. Now they run home and hide behind a keyboard and take it to Facebook. The thing they don’t realize is that someday someone will slap them in the dressing room in front of everybody to prove a point. I had a wrestler a few years ago that I really liked until he started online with his take on wrestling and disrespected my opinions that I have gathered from years spent around a lot of smart people and my brothers who have passed.

I talked to the guy and told him what I thought, and said that if he had something to say then he should say it to me. The next day he was online, at it again, so when I saw him that Friday, I slapped the pee out of him in the dressing room. We get along good now as far as I’m concerned, and I think that slap made him a better man. I will keep his name private, but many people witnessed it. From what I hear, he is doing a good job these days helping a promoter in his home state, and he probably wants to slap some young wrestlers himself.

In the early days of me being on the Internet, Bryan Wayne, a guy that Ricky Morton and I helped get started, was upset because he felt I was holding him back. He was young in wrestling and did not realize there are stooges everywhere. On his promotion’s message board he would go on rants about me. I would not answer him, nor do I answer anyone else. There is no reason for me to acknowledge another promotion that is out to hurt me, or a wrestler who is not making me a dime. So after a few days he came over on my page and went on a rant and closed it by challenging me to a match, any match. He said that I could pick the rules and place. So I decided enough was enough.

I said, “OK , Friday at my event. Anything goes match, fight to a finish. I will have a loaded gun at the announcer’s table. The loser will put the gun in his mouth and pull the trigger, because if I can’t beat you with all my knowledge above yours, I should be ashamed enough to kill myself. What about you ?” Five minutes after posting, he called and wanted to make up. He ran his mouth in public and was in return embarrassed in a public way. Another rule, kiddos : NO ONE EVER GETS OVER ON YOU.

quote:

Question: other than the actual boys who were in ECW, can you name or remember any of these hardcore hopefuls? Then came the American Lucha Libre boom, where events will reach a bigger audience. Every promotion that has based its product on Hardcore, Lucha, or whatever else I may have missed has had to stop doing it at some point or another. Why? Because they have limited their audience. They have either gone out of business or else stripped it down to the basics and gone back to WRESTLING.

:stare::stare::stare:

quote:

K.C. and I had been somewhere around Lenoir to wrestle for a lady promoter we had both known for years named Kandy Ryan. As we walked in the building, a local wrestler named Tommy Ace came up to K.C. and started talking to him. Within 30 seconds, he had disrespected me and K.C. and had no clue he had done so. The boys who have known me and K.C. for awhile tell me that they know it’s about to hit the fan when they see K.C. put his hand on my shoulder. That is him trying to talk me out of what ever is in my mind.

So K.C. put his hand on my shoulder and we found our way to the dressing room. As we were sitting there, the guy came up to us again. This time it only took him 15 seconds to get me hot. I got up and just walked off as he was talking. I went and looked out at the crowd, hit the head, and then came back to my seat. K.C. was sitting there and now he was hot. I said “What’s up, Cuz?” and he informs me, “ We are going to beat the $!#% out of that guy .”

We were on last, so the hurry up and wait game was on. There were 7 or 8 matches plus an intermission. Tony Givens and my cousin Wade Adams had just started wrestling. They might have had 50 matches. I told them to watch our stuff while we were in the ring and to also keep an eye on those guys if it got bad in the ring.

At last , it was time for us to go to the ring. K.C. had wrestled there a few times but this was my first time there. As we went out, the people made zero noise; they just sat there. We got in the ring and out came Tommy and his partner, whose name I can’t remember. There was one section that got very vocal for Tommy, so we knew that was where his family was. As they climbed in the ring, Tommy looked at us and said, “Ya hear that? These are my people.” K.C. replied, “I would hope so; you all live in the same house.”

Most of the time I would start our tag matches, but this night K.C. told me that he was starting . As the ref was giving the rules, Tommy hauled off and slapped K.C. in the face with everything he had. It shocked everyone , but before he could draw his hand back, K.C. had kicked him the manhood harder than anything I have ever seen. Tommy just fell to his knees and when he did , K.C. started slapping him in the face. K.C. looked at Tommy’s partner and the guy said that he didn’t want any of this.

K.C. continued to pound Tommy and he scooped him up and tried to slam him through the ring. K.C. then tagged me. By this point the guy was done. He did not have any fight left. He just got schooled in front of his family who were now on their feet close to the ring. K.C. looked at me as I came in and said, “Stomp his %&!# guts out.” So I bent down and told Tommy to tighten his body up. I jumped in the air and landed with both feet on him. He had not attempted to tighten up. Shoot, he couldn’t; he was lying there beat up. When I came down on him he tried to get up, which knocked me off balance and I landed butt first in his gut. I looked down at him and wondered if he was asking “The Question.” He said, “Get off me, you fat bastard.” And with that, the smell hit me. The guy had crapped himself.

I got up and tagged K.C. back in, and he kept the hits right on coming . The fans started getting louder and louder. There was not an ounce of doubt in anyone’s mind that this Carolina boy was getting it handed to him. His own partner turned on him and started beating on him. The ref threw the match out and stopped it, but K.C. kept on. He tossed Tommy out of the ring and went after him. The next thing I know, K.C. went after the guy’s family at ringside, and it was on. The next couple of minutes got wild.

As we walked into the dressing room, Kandy came over and paid us and said, “Please, just leave , guys.” She was afraid that if we stayed it would get worse. As we headed out we saw Tommy’s family tending to him in the lobby. We went out the back door and home to Tennessee. That’s was Tony and Wade’s first experience with a wild evening at the matches.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 29, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
lmfao beau and his tag partner stomp the literal poo poo out of this kid and the kid had absolutely no idea why they did it

what an rear end in a top hat

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

lmfao beau and his tag partner stomp the literal poo poo out of this kid and the kid had absolutely no idea why they did it

what an rear end in a top hat

no but it's okay because the kid totally understood and looked up to beau as a mentor in the future (or so this terrible book says)

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

the boys

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I hope he cries every time the Bucks tweet.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The diesel engine story has to be one of the worst, most convoluted analogies I've ever seen.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

flashy_mcflash posted:

The diesel engine story has to be one of the worst, most convoluted analogies I've ever seen.

I was going to make a joke about how on-the-fly, chaotic performance and intricate work that requires constant reference to guides and manuals, etc. totally both have the same skillset but then I read it again. He doesn't like indie guys who do it "for fun" because they might break out and go massively over? Why would an engineering teacher be mad at you for introducing an incredible student to them, even if it does put you out of business?

(e: And why wouldn't that incredible startup student be smart enough to hire all the other guys, if he really is establishing a monopoly? Didn't this guy learn anything from the territories??)
(e2: Or is he saying that that startup student actually sucks and he's afraid of the business being filled with amateurs? If that's the case than that's the OPPOSITE of what's happening some times. At least in WWE it feels like the green guys are being held down by the old veterans. Every time I try to understand this guy my brain starts screwing up. I can understand that there are words in the primary language in which I speak but I can't parse them.)

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 29, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If you watch him wrestle, it's particularly galling for him to put down the guys who are green but spectacular, or work a high flying style in general (he seems to have trouble with either). The Young Bucks may have flaws, but they work all over the world and get pushed wherever they go, and are respected by their peers (mostly).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

John Quixote posted:

I was going to make a joke about how on-the-fly, chaotic performance and intricate work that requires constant reference to guides and manuals, etc. totally both have the same skillset but then I read it again. He doesn't like indie guys who do it "for fun" because they might break out and go massively over? Why would an engineering teacher be mad at you for introducing an incredible student to them, even if it does put you out of business?

(e: And why wouldn't that incredible startup student be smart enough to hire all the other guys, if he really is establishing a monopoly? Didn't this guy learn anything from the territories??)
(e2: Or is he saying that that startup student actually sucks and he's afraid of the business being filled with amateurs? If that's the case than that's the OPPOSITE of what's happening some times. At least in WWE it feels like the green guys are being held down by the old veterans. Every time I try to understand this guy my brain starts screwing up. I can understand that there are words in the primary language in which I speak but I can't parse them.)

I think your second edit hits it on the head. He's saying that with each generation of teachers/students, the teacher is less skilled, creating less skilled students, who go on to become teachers and so on. As you say, it doesn't seem to be the case at all in real life in either wrestling or in other fields. It's just something that older, obstinate people say. I think this talentless jobber says it best:

"Daniel Bryan posted:

Our generation just wants different things than what [the older] generation wants, and I think that’s a societal thing as well. There’s an older generation of people who say, ‘No, you guys should want this, you guys should want this, you guys should want this.’ Whereas our generation, a lot of us say, ‘No, we don’t want that, we want something different, and a lot of the things that you guys wanted, are the reason that the world is messed up. We need to change our value system.’

It's not really that the new guys are less skilled, it's that they're learning to work smarter and differently than the previous generation, which is a good thing. Then again, given this dude's archaic views on 'lucha' or whatever, this would be far beyond his comprehension.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
This Saturday, Beyond wrestling is returning to Fete Music in Providence, RI. Here's the card so far:

Beyond Wrestling posted:

Matches Announced:

*The loving Tag Team Match*
Chris Hero & JT Dunn vs. Biff Busick & Drew Gulak

*Battle Of The Beards*
“M-Dogg 20″ Matt Cross vs. Anthony Stone

*Pazuzu Awaits*
Team Pazuzu (Jaka, Pinkie Sanchez, Mike Draztik, Angel Ortiz) vs. Franky The Mobster, Buxx Belmar, Thomas Dubois, Mathieu St-Jacques

*Hard Hitting*
“Speedball” Mike Bailey vs. Silver Ant

*High Flying*
Shynron vs. Fire Ant

*Alligator Clutch Is Barred*
Kimber Lee vs. David Starr

*First Time Ever*
The Hooligans (Devin Cutter & Mason Cutter) vs. Da Hoodz (Davey Cash & Kris Pyro)

*Special Challenge*
Matt Tremont vs. Rickey Shane Page

*Pilot Taping Rematch*
Dave Cole vs. Davey Vega

Scheduled To Compete:

-Chuck Taylor
-John Silver
-Orange Cassidy
-Ryan “Rush” Galeone
-Swamp Monster

Can't make it this month but it does look like a fun card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Rich Swann canceled his Dreamwave appearance but they've replaced him with Shynron.

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Moose
Marshe Rockett vs. Roddy Strong
Arik Cannon vs. Shynron vs. Chris Castro vs. Trevor Lee (Chris Castro is a considerably obese local-ish guy I think but I was really impressed by his agility and fire when I saw him work Johnny Gargano at their last show. Commentary said he also has a submission win over Ricochet in this promotion :psyduck: )
Matt Cage vs. Ariya Daivari (Matt Cage seems like the local ace for the Illinois promotions based on my v limited experience)

• Locked thread