Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm enjoying Slamtasia V, but can somebody tell me more about Pazuzu? And more about the storylines of ISW in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i saw team tremendous and now whatever tonight was is okay.

Lloyd Cthulowitz did it for me. What a great gimmick. Plus it's always good to see Pinkie Sanchez, that dude is hella underrated.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If you watch him wrestle, it's particularly galling for him to put down the guys who are green but spectacular, or work a high flying style in general (he seems to have trouble with either). The Young Bucks may have flaws, but they work all over the world and get pushed wherever they go, and are respected by their peers (mostly).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
WrestleCon has announced the main event for this year's show, and it's a dream match from 1998:

Sabu & RVD vs the Hardy Boyz

They will also be running John Morrison vs ACH.

http://www.wrestlecon.com/slides/supershow-main-event/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Underrated PWG match: Willie Mack and Brandon Gatson vs the Young Bucks from DDT 2011. Bucks do a great job of doing the whole "Underestimating the put together tag team" shtick, and Gatson and Mack bust out some pretty double teams (including a Hart Attack variation where Mack does a standing Buff Blockbuster instead of a clothesline).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

It's easy to forget due to his goofiness, but Gallows has turned into a drat good worker, especially for a guy his size.

IMO, he was perfectly fine in WWE.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

PWG just added Cage/Busick, Ciampa/ACH, and Beaver Boys/World's Cutest Tag Team to the April 3rd card. Guess that means Ciampa didn't sign a contract with ROH after all. The tag match is non-title as well, which is fine but it's kinda weird how after being in England during the last show Candice and Joey only have three defenses despite winning the belts last July.

Probably means he's not winning the ROH title

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Roderick Strong vs. Zack Sabre
World's Cutest Tag Team vs. Beaver Boys (non-title)
Brian Cage vs. Biff Busick
ACH vs. Tomasso Ciampa
Mike Bailey vs. Trevor Lee
Andrew Everett vs. Ricochet
Monster Mafia vs. Sabin/Sydal

that's a good looking card and i really like how it's mostly guys who wouldn't be on a PWG card a year ago

I'm a bit worried the Bucks signed an ROH contract or something. They, out of nowhere, thanked PWG's twitter for everything (which Excalibur retweeted) for the past 7 years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

I find that a bit hard to believe. They seem very reluctant to sign contracts with anybody as they like being freelancers and are doing quite well for themselves appearing everywhere including fairly regular appearances with the #2 promotion in the world.

I get that, it just seemed very out of nowhere. Maybe they're just grateful guys.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Even that pool one looks dangerous because she BARELY clears the edge. She bops her head on that, she ain't gettin' up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Smash Wrestling presents #FuckDemott, where we book new free agent Bill Demott in increasingly dangerous matches... and fans vote for the stips!

vs. Giant Tiger, Tiger picks the stip :getin:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Lenin's Tomb.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

epitasis posted:

I don't believe it's worked but I think I saw a retweet yesterday that the Colony was winning by some margin.

Those two teams had a real good match for Chikara so I'm fine with that match.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Matt Tremont vs. Steve Corino added to 4/26 show.

That should be a fun garbage match.

Jesus, Steve may actually bleed to death

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I think he meant the literal definition of work rate guys who do less and work slower not "bad wrestlers."

Unfortunately, to some indy fans that's the same thing. I'm sure there are people out there who think that Blk JEEZ is a much better worker than say, Steve Corino, even though Steve takes the time to tell stories and has WAY more big match experience because of his time in Japan. But he does sick flips, you see.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

epitasis posted:

the dareworlf

the darewolf VICE

the darewolf vice?!?!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DM Punk posted:

At least he didn't leak nude pics.

I'd imagine that's because nobody wants to see him naked.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

AIW just announced Nick Gage for the JLIT.

Yay?

I mean, he might embearass himself like he did at TOD, so that could be funnny

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like if Zack Sabre lived in the states he'd be PWG champ

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

I'm not sure how long Andrew Everett is going to be able to work at that pace before he dies/realizes he's going to die but I hope he gets it out of his system quickly and has a bunch of exciting matches in the interim

That apron spot was loving terrifying

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
CORINO VS TREMONT?!?!!?

Oh, there will be blood.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sourpuss posted:

This weekend I get to see this match in person and I am very excited.

(im also fairly certain that the evening will end with Sabu dancing to madonna)

One time when I went to a local indy, he came out to "Stop" by the Spice Girls. Although it's likely that was a rib.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

It's not a rib when it is a better option.

Aww, I kinda like Huka Blues. Still, it was a funny moment and he didn't sell it, so still pretty awesome.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's great, genuinely happy for Tommy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Dreamer will be able to buy a new t-shirt with the revenue.

Let's not get crazy here...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707963

We have a lucha thread now, and I'd certainly be intereted in updates there if anyone has any knowledge of signed talent for it. Could be cool if there's good ROH and Japanese talent. Shame NJPW can't send guys since they work with CMLL.

During Nitro last night somebody mentioned Matt Hardy is the captain for team TNA.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Got around to watching part of BOLA 2014 Night 1 and holy poo poo. Joey Ryan had a good match. How the gently caress is that even possible?

I know some people around here hate him but I think he's just pretty average. Average workers have good matches sometimes.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

syzpid posted:

So either Today's or Yesterday's Philly Daily News had Nick Gage on the cover, and a 3 page spread on him.

News is really slow in Philly I guess.

In fairness, if you ignore him being a poo poo wrestler, the story "Deathmatch wrestler hopelessly addicted to drugs robs bank without covering face, goes to joint for a few years, comes back to wrestling" is a reasonably interesting story, especially if well written.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It was a lot of fun last time, gon' be there

Are we able to stream it in PSP like last time?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Holy poo poo, the Hit Squad. Haven't heard that name in a long time.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The_Rob posted:

You get to do that at nearly every PWG show.

That's Lionel Richie, you racist

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

PWG has a lot of opportunities for singalongs these days. All Night Long, Bro Hymn, Brass Monkey, Psycho Killer...

Also, they just announced that Rock and Shock the Nation will also be Mystery Vortex III, so no card ahead of time. I still have a hunch that the title change might happen this show, since Roddy's rumored to be in Japan for the G-1 during Threemendous IV. Maybe the Ricochet match they've been building towards since Roddy stole the title from Kyle with a Candice run-in as revenge for what happened last week? Not typically the way to do a babyface title change, but it would let them get the belt off Roddy while keeping him strong.

Wait, who uses Brass Monkey?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

We really don't know what the phrasing on the contracts are. It could be NO TNA NO GABE and give us 90 days warning if WWE is going to pick you up.

Well, and NO PWG. BAH BAH BAH NO COMPETE CLAUSE

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
We should also remember that he was a fair bit fatter when he began in the buisness, I think he said he was well over 300lbs when he started.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 4, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MagicCube posted:

Gonna go see Samoa Joe vs. Chris Hero tonight :getin:

We poo poo a lot on IWA-MS around here (and it's totally justified) but the series of matches they had in IWA-MS were excellent with a really simple build of "Can Hero's wrestling ability overcome Joe's utter brutality?". And then eventually Hero got him to tap with a Hangman's Clutch (leave it to Hero to make a cravate look deadly).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I thought Donst was done because of the tumour on his kidney?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That is one hell of a plan B

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fart Radio posted:

Nah he's actually slimmed down quite a bit. His hands are pasty as gently caress though

How dare you, Super Dragon is the blackest man alive

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Konnan had the scoops after all, Evans and Angelico are wrestling the Bucks at Threemendous.

I just hope Jack shows up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

I bet Jack is the guy Dragon went to to even book the AAA guys.

That'd be interesting, but it could just as easily be Ricochet because of LU

• Locked thread