Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

flashy_mcflash posted:

The diesel engine story has to be one of the worst, most convoluted analogies I've ever seen.

I was going to make a joke about how on-the-fly, chaotic performance and intricate work that requires constant reference to guides and manuals, etc. totally both have the same skillset but then I read it again. He doesn't like indie guys who do it "for fun" because they might break out and go massively over? Why would an engineering teacher be mad at you for introducing an incredible student to them, even if it does put you out of business?

(e: And why wouldn't that incredible startup student be smart enough to hire all the other guys, if he really is establishing a monopoly? Didn't this guy learn anything from the territories??)
(e2: Or is he saying that that startup student actually sucks and he's afraid of the business being filled with amateurs? If that's the case than that's the OPPOSITE of what's happening some times. At least in WWE it feels like the green guys are being held down by the old veterans. Every time I try to understand this guy my brain starts screwing up. I can understand that there are words in the primary language in which I speak but I can't parse them.)

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

One of my biggest regrets from when I was living in Berkeley was never going to a Hoodslam show. This sounds fuckin' awesome.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
God forbid a loving teenager is still figuring her emotions out. gently caress off, rovert.

If only Smiley had trained her.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Okay so it's the wrestling equivalent to horrible Gamergate bullshit. Shut up shut up SHUT UP. Not even worth bringing up at all but one may think so if they're a dumb sly scoopz idiot like rovert.

• Locked thread