Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Crowdfunding has reached a new low:

http://www.gofundme.com/kh9juk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Young Bucks debut for CZW next month at the ECW Arena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8vHz_8VBlQ

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/91147/first-main-event-for-house-of-hardcore-7.html?p=1

quote:

The Young Bucks vs. Austin Aries & Bobby Roode has been announced as the first main event of the 3/7 House of Hardcore event in Philadelphia, PA at the 2300 Arena.

For details and ticket information, visit http://www.houseofhardcore.net

I wonder if House of Hardcore could get Samoa Joe for a night?

HOH is the best chance we have of seeing TNA wrestlers in non-poo poo matches.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

also i love that seemingly everybody booked on that evolve show had to show up and be there for this interview

I'm assuming Gabe just bought the entire roster a single hotel room to share

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Baker posted:

We need to start sending in team name suggestions to Matt Sydal and Chris Sabin. Does anybody have any ideas?

Bourne in Detroit

That sounds kind of gay

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Missouri Shooters

Loot and Shoot Connection

Ferguson Darlings

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
A better shot

The one side doesn't even fit

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I read Gabe is finally unifying the DGUSA title into the EVOLVE title during Mania weekend

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RaceyBucket posted:

Anyone have a list of whats gonna be on iPPV for wrestlemania weekend?

http://pwinsider.com/article/91236/complete-details-on-all-wrestlemania-31-week-events.html?p=1

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Evolve is in trouble:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
HOH has TV

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/93105/tommy-dreamers-house-of-hardcore-signs-first-international-tv-deal.html?p=1

quote:

TOMMY DREAMER'S HOUSE OF HARDCORE SIGNS FIRST INTERNATIONAL TV DEAL

By Mike Johnson on 2015-04-16 16:05:23

The following press release was issued today:

Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore Coming to Fight Network

Toronto – Fight Network, the world’s premier 24/7 television channel dedicated to complete coverage of combat sports, today announced a global programming deal with professional wrestling legend Tommy Dreamer’s promotion House of Hardcore.

Fight Network will televise eight one-hour shows featuring highlights from all the House of Hardcore events to date, beginning on Tuesday, May 12 at 9 p.m. ET. New episodes will premiere on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET for eight consecutive weeks leading up to the debut House of Hardcore live event in Canada on July 18 in Toronto.

House of Hardcore on Fight Network will air on Cablevision’s Optimum TV, Grande Communications, Shentel Cable and Armstrong Cable in the U.S., nationwide in Canada, Roku devices across North America, and globally in over 30 countries across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

Dreamer, who wrestled and worked for every major wrestling organization in North America throughout his 25-year career, describes the television deal as the next step for his company.

“It’s a great day for House of Hardcore,” said Dreamer. “This partnership with Fight Network changes the game for me personally and for this company. I’m thrilled that we’ll bring House of Hardcore to more households, not only in Canada, but across North America and the rest of the world. Fight Network’s global reach continues to grow, as does House of Hardcore, and I think this is a great fit.”

“Tommy Dreamer has a stellar reputation in the professional wrestling business and we’re excited to partner with him to bring his House of Hardcore product to television,” said Ariel Shnerer, Director of Programming at Fight Network. “Dreamer is a consummate professional and his shows constantly feature a who’s who of established stars in the industry, from Tommy himself to Team 3D, Christopher Daniels, Matt Hardy and A.J. Styles. If the buzz surrounding his brand is any indication, we expect House of Hardcore to be a hit with our viewers.”

Dreamer also announced the signing of Stoney Creek, Ont.-based “The Power Factory” as Agency of Record for all business development and strategy related to House of Hardcore.

Dreamer founded House of Hardcore in 2012. Its first show was held at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., and subsequent shows have been held in Philadelphia (four times), Valley Center, Calif., and Poughkeepsie (three in total).

Fight Network also owns and operates Live Audio Wrestling, the longest running wrestling radio program in the world. House of Hardcore talent will be regularly featured on the weekly show.

Canadian fans will get their first live taste of House of Hardcore on July 18. Dreamer has a long and storied relationship with Canada and the expansion is a personal milestone for him.

“I held a poll on Twitter, in which I asked fans where they wanted me to hold my next show, and Canada, specifically Toronto, was overwhelmingly No. 1,” said Dreamer. “For me not having television exposure until now, the demand for the product up there is almost surreal to me. And now having Fight Network behind us, I look forward to bringing my perspective of professional wrestling to some of the most rabid, passionate wrestling fans in the world.”

For more information on House of Hardcore, go to https://www.houseofhardcore.net.

For a full listing of Fight Network’s broadcast schedule, please visit tv.fightnetwork.com, follow us on Twitter @fightnet, become a fan on Facebook and visit us on Instagram @fightnet.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Grozz Nuy posted:

This EVOLVE iPPV has been a trainwreck, the 'brief intermission' has gone on for an hour.

You must be new to Gabe shows

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

triplexpac posted:

The Bucks should start doing some kind of 450 3-D move

U3D

Uncle Dave Death Drop

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
A promotion called APWA is doing a tour of joint shows with Wrestle-1 in a few weeks:

https://www.facebook.com/apwawrestling?fref=photo

quote:

6/23 - Philadelphia, PA
6/25 - Belle Vernon, PA
6/26 - Parkersburg, WV
6/27 - Shelby, NC
6/28 - Atlanta, GA

Talent list:

quote:

Chase Stevens
Mad man Pondo
Rob Terry
Jason "the Gift" Kincaid
Ricky Reyes - APWA World Super Jr. Champion
Wes Brisco
Onyx - APWA Triple Crown Champion
Viper
Solo
Drollix
Facade
The Silencer
Masayuki Kono
Dylan Bostic - APWA Tri State Champion
Beastman - On all events but Nashville, TN - Current APWA Tag Champs
Shuji Kondo
Masakatsu Funaki
Yasufumi Nakanoue
AJ Istria
Rionne Fujiwara
The Great Muta
Kazma Sakamoto
Minoru Tanaka - Current Wrestle Cruiserweight Champion, International Junior Heavyweight Champion, and the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship (ZERO 1)
Barbarian

Managers
Sonny onno
Kevin Sullivan
"Wild and wonderful" Amber Lea
Just'n Kace
Dani mo
APWA Owner, Don West
Commissioner, Mark White

Women
Amber Lea
Crazy Mary Dobson
Ray Lyn

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 1, 2015

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

you missed the importand part: Don West

It's not the same Don West :(

But MOOSE will be on the shows :)

Is he not signed exclusively with ROH?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if Delirious cleared the Mount Rushmore love fest during War of the Worlds: Night 2. Or is it management like Joe Koff that has a problem with ROH guys going hard in PWG?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jubs posted:

What happened?

Main event started with Cole and the Bucks on opposing teams. Bucks go to dive on Cole and he shouts "STOP! WE'RE FRIENDS!" and tries to Too Sweet them. Crowd starts a PWG chant while Corino brings up Mt. Rushmore on commentary and says the 4th wall is being broken.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Card for the Wrestle-1 show at ECW Arena on 6/23 - it's going to be broadcast as an iPPV at this link:

quote:

APWA World Super Jr. Champion, Ricky Reyes vs. Facade vs. Wrestle-1 Cruiserweight Champion, Minoru Tanaka
Cross Promotion Title Match

Mad Man Pondo vs. Yasufumi Nakanoue

Jason "The Gift" Kincaid (with Jus'n Kace) vs. Sakamoto

Ray Lyn (with Dylan Bostic and Don West) vs. Amber Lea vs. "Crazy" Mary Dobson (with Sonny Onoo)
Number 1 Contenders Match for APWA World Ladies Championship

Masayuki Kono (with Sonny Onoo) vs. Viper

AJ Istria and Rionne Fujiwara vs. Silencer and Deget Bundlez (with Amber Lea) vs. Solo and Drollix (with Don West and Kevin Sullivan)
3-way Tag for Number 1 Contendership to the APWA World Tag Team Titles

Masakatsu Funaki (with Sonny Onoo) vs. Rob Terry

Dylan Bostic (with Ray Lynn and Don West) vs. Wrestle 1 Tag Team Champion, Shuji Kondo
APWA Tri State Championship

Wes Brisco vs. Former Wrestle 1 Champion, Kai

The Great Muta with a mystery partner (with Sonny Onoo) vs. Moose Ojinaka and APWA Triple Crown Holder, "the Black Superman" Onyx (with Amber Lea)
Main Event

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
With all this "who's the #2 US promotion?" talk, I thought I'd go through and rank each promotion based on a few factors of popularity:

US promotions ranked by Twitter followers:

WWE: 5,390,000
TNA: 388,000
ROH: 70,600
Lucha Underground: 68,800
CHIKARA: 36,100
GFW: 34,900
PWG: 33,700
EVOLVE: 26,400
JCW: 19,500
HOH: 13,400
AIW: 12,300
Championship Wrestling From Hollywood: 11,500
CZW: 10,600
Beyond Wrestling: 8,338
JAPW: 5,703
OMEGA: 3,991
IWA-MS: 3,247
Hoodslam: 2,141

US promotions ranked by Wikipedia views (past 30 days):

WWE: 134,478
TNA: 60,056
GFW: 41,236
Lucha Underground: 41,048
ROH: 32,737
CZW: 8,335
CHIKARA: 7.684
PWG: 7,555
HOH: 5,196
JCW: 4,469
EVOLVE: 2,820
OMEGA: 2,213
Championship Wrestling From Hollywood: 1,910
IWA-MS: 1,430
JAPW: 1,347
Hoodslam: 502
AIW: No article
Beyond Wrestling: No article

US promotions ranked by Facebook "Likes":

WWE: 25,420,215
ROH: 460,128
Lucha Underground: 277,464
TNA: 254,567
CHIKARA: 31,450
CZW: 27,005
GFW: 25,846
HOH: 19,363
Championship Wrestling From Hollywood: 16,122
PWG: 15,233
Beyond Wrestling: 14,523
AIW: 9,252
EVOLVE: 6,585
Hoodslam: 6.133
IWA-MS: 6.090
OMEGA: 2,825
JAPW: 2,412
JCW: No page

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

tickets tna has sold since appearing on destination america = 0

Tickets TNA has sold in the US all year:

1/7 New York City: 500
1/8 New York City: 325
1/9 New York City: 1100

That's it.

If you're sorting the promotions by tickets sold domestically, it would look like

WWE
ROH
CHIKARA

And then everyone else bringing up the rear.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
10 Years Ago Today...

Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher - IWA Mid-South Something to Prove

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
From Twitter:

quote:

PLEASE NOTE: Due to a camera malfunction, matches 1, 2, 5, & 6 use only the hard camera angle.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

welp

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

@SpeedballBailey will face the returning #ARFox at #NewHeights live on @StreamCZW on 7/11 from the legendary @2300Arena in #Philadelphia!

Holy fuuuuuuuuuck

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I actually wonder if Bully Ray didn't get another gig with WWE because there's videos of him powerbombing Mae Young all over the internet

Now I want to make a video compilation of all the current WWE stars hitting women on television

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

epitasis posted:

little surprised they didnt book Mundo now that I think about it

He wants a lot of money for indy appearances, IIRC

As he should

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe Chuck Taylor is going to work with El Generico at the orphanage

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

My guess with Chuck Taylor retiring is he's changing his name or something. Unless he gets signed by WWE, I don't see him leaving wrestling anytime soon.

I remember Steve Corino did a whole retirement tour in 2007, but then showed up a month later as Mr. Wrestling III

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember Carpenter Ant was revealed as Pinkie Sanchez - did any other ants get unmasked?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just saw this and got douche chills

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/weekend-with-bernie-sanders-20150709?print=true

quote:

The very first question at the very first Bernie 2016 Iowa town-hall meeting comes from a bearded young guy wearing a Green Lantern T-shirt. He wants to know what the candidate plans to do, if elected president, when it comes to regulating online poker.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Someone told me that Steve O'Neill (con-man who ran Extreme Rising into the ground) brokered the CZW PPV deal

That will end well

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I read that the air conditioning at Ted Reeve Arena is broke and it was legit 125° F inside for the House of Hardcore show last night

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Gabe just uploaded the worst thing ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVA1yq0i9mw

:psyduck:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Freelance Wrestling is streaming their show live right now for free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj9h2mry1DE

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

Robert Evans wrestled in Ohio today. His first match in forever. Oh, also he was wrestling Tracy Smothers IN A BEAR COSTUME.

I thought he retired for undisclosed reasons...good to hear

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

Robert Evans wrestled in Ohio today. His first match in forever. Oh, also he was wrestling Tracy Smothers IN A BEAR COSTUME.

...rovert?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mariooncrack posted:

1. I got to meet Terry Funk. I never thought that I would be able to say that. He was a bit hard of hearing, had some trouble walking, and his punches didn't look very good. :smith: He was still Terry Funk though and watching him throw chairs at people and destroy the concession stand while beating the poo poo out of the Duke was great.

I met Terry a few years ago and thought him being hard of hearing was a work.

He'd act like that during autographs, but then in the ring he could somehow hear what everyone was saying over the lovely PA loud and clear.

Sad to hear he's not doing well :(

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How long until PWG starts selling yearly ticket subscriptions to the regulars like ECW did - that would keep new people out for the most part

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Call Me Charlie posted:

What events would you guys recommend from CZWStudios? I signed up for the free month and the last PPV I watched was Cage of Death XIV (Rich Swann vs Shane Strickland was a great match)

Cage of Death V is really good - solid undercard, and the main event is arguably the best match CZW ever put on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TV Zombie posted:

Can someone explain Sami Callahan's appeal? I kinda remember him from PWG All Star Weekend and I remember there was mention of him having pooped his pants during a match once but that's about it.

He had an amazing match with Finlay in EVOLVE a few years back.

• Locked thread