Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Josh Alexander had a great match with Kyle O'Reilly on the free show Rival Schools that SMASH has up on their website and also has been having really good matches on every SMASH card since then

SMASH is good, watch SMASH with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

They have a weekly show that's on youtube, right?

yes, although honestly I've never watched it and just watch their big shows

Josh Alexander is wrestling Biff at their next show and I'm sure that will be great

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Jubs posted:

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

I hope he goes over this in The Trials and Tribulations of Teddy Hart

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Big Bidness posted:

If anyone is wondering how fat Chris Hero has gotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2VIwHfS9Wc

pretty god drat fat!

I was at this show, and him and Eddie beat the poo poo out of each other, but man, Hero really needs to switch to tights and a singlet top or something. Or maybe stop eating all the bacon.

get even fatter Chris

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

how on earth is he still getting jobs

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I still eagerly await the day that Jubs finally finds The Trials and Tribulations of Teddy Hart, the self-produced three hour documentary where he narrates half of the movie via a phone recording

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

MagicCube posted:

So I know there are a few people from Toronto around here. Have any of you been to Smash? Apparently a bunch of their upcoming shows are going to be about 5 minutes from my place and I'm thinking of going. I don't know too much about them, but it looks like they get some pretty good talent. Hero/Ciampa should be pretty brutal.

they put on really good shows and they pull in a lot of outside talent to put on great matches. if I was closer to Toronto I would love to go

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I love Zack Sabre Jr so much

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well I can't imagine he got booked for April 3rd in less than a day. Did the phone call already happen, or are you just stumping for it? :v:

Speaking of PWG, they just added Chris Hero vs. Tommy End to the April 3rd card (which I guess makes sense, since he's in the States already for Mania weekend stuff), but they didn't call it a debut for End. Did he work PWG sometime in the past before I started following it seriously? I remember being shocked to find out Shane Haste worked in PWG years before TMDK started blowing up in NOAH.

if I remember correctly, he's worked PWG one or two times on their past tour of Europe

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why do a 'there must be a winner' cage match if the belt's not on the line? Gabe you so crazy.

Roddy isn't high enough in the rankings and if you can't trust the rankings who can you trust, man

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

reminder that this card is tonight on iPPV at 8 EST

quote:

EVOLVE Wrestling presents
EVOLVE 38
Sunday, March 8th, 2015
Belltime - 8PM EST

Steel Cage Match - Non-Title - Must Be A Winner By Pinfall, Submission Or Knock Out
EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong

Special Challenge Match
Davey Richards vs. Anthony Nese

Grudge Match
Chris Hero vs. Drew Gulak

Title Match On The Line
Biff Busick vs. Caleb Konley

Special Attraction Match
AR Fox vs. Matt Cage

Tag Team Action
Team Tremendous of Dan Barry & Bill Carr vs. Larry Dallas' New Team

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

ESCAPE ME

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

The match really should've ended with a guy escaping the side with the huge gaping hole in it

it ended with drew getting stuck between the cage and the ring with his feet on the floor and Roddy sick kicking the hell out of him

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I don't know why they're running on a Wednesday but whatever, it looks good and hopefully there's no cage that takes an hour to assemble

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

every match of every night of BOLA 2014 was five stars except for ACH vs. Omega which was at least ten stars so I don't know

did anybody watch the FWE show and if so was it good

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the spot where Ethan Page is holding Alexander in a tombstone then gets superkicked and falls backward so the Bucks can kick out Alexander's legs might be my favorite Bucks spot ever

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Tremont vs Stockade was the inadvertent comedy match of the year

this match was crazy dumb bullshit and good(?)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

MagicCube posted:

If anybody is interested they also announced SMASH on Demand where for $7.49 a month you get full access to their entire catalog as well as all future shows. http://smash-wrestling.com/ondemand/ At the bottom of that page they have a whole show up for free as an appetizer.

this is cool and a good value

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Thursday's card looks a little bit better but not by much and I'll definitely be getting all three WWN weekend cards

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

while we're talking about WWN their Saturday Night Supershow promises Galloway vs Gargano in a title unification match if and only if both retain their titles on Thursday. Does Gabe actually have the balls to welch on that and have someone drop their title on Thursday?

given the ending of the last show I honestly wouldn't be shocked if DAREWOLF takes the title from Drew. I don't think it's going to happen though

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

given they run really good shows monthly I'll gladly give them 7.50 for a new show a month. definitely a better value than the 15 I spent on last week's CZW show

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

epitasis is very plugged into the scene, I think

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

epitasis posted:

I heard it was phoenician rather than arabic but sounds like we're in the correct division of the semitic languages

hmmm very interesting, big scoop

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

rovert posted:

A tyrannical NXT trainer has been removed from that position in the past month and Bill Demott.

epitasis have you heard anything about this

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

just finished the SMASH show from last week. it wasn't a bad show, but not necessarily a good one either. lots of weird little things all through the night. Josh Alexander rules though

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Is anyone other than WWN streaming wrestling on Mania weekend? Is ROH's Supercard of Honor going to be live on regular PPV like their last PPV?

I think it's just WWN, but that includes 2 EVOLVE shows (Thurs/Fri), Kaiju Big Battel (Friday), SHIMMER (Saturday afternoon), Mercury Rising (Sat), and King of Indies (Fri/Sat), though I'm not sure that King of Indies will be live. I think ROH will be on VOD

I'll make a thread later this week with all of these

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Has anyone been following Smash Wrestling? The last show I went to was the one where Shelley cheated and won the title, but now I see he gave the title to Gargano or something? I am not sure I really understand what's going on with this angle.

I just watched the most recent show last night, so I think this is how it goes: some guy who got fired (Alex Vega, now known as TARIK) is trying to destroy SMASH by recruiting Gulak and Busick and winning matches a lot. some people are banding together to fight these guys and Gargano came out like he was going to be on their side but then turned on Matt Cross and SMASH. he then said that Shelley was his mentor and that he gave him the belt and he did all this because he was mad that Matt Cross beat him in a match and ended his undefeated streak. so they'll have a match at the next show for the belt

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Hmm ok, thanks for the recap!

I had high hopes for Shelley as champ, I wonder if they had plans for him that fell through? Or if this was the plan all along?

Feels a bit convoluted to me, but maybe it's more clear if you're watching all the shows.

it's kind of weird because the announcers are selling it as this grave threat to the promotion and going "they're trying to kill us!" when it just seems like they're just winning matches in a dickish way

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

What is Mercury Rising, while we're on the subject?

the names a holdover from when Gabe had like six promotions and it was a WM weekend ~WWN supershow~ but now it's no different from an Evolve card

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

No Bucks? I can't see them being the 8th and last team announced, but it's weird to have a DDT without them.

What are the dates for the tourney? Are they running against BOSJ/one of them due to become a father for the second time?

Best of the Super Juniors starts that weekend and one of them is gonna be in it

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

epitasis posted:

is ddt multiple nights?

one night

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

dang, have to take two days off work for BOLA this year. it was nice to travel on Labor Day last year!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

epitasis posted:

can I get to a red-eye departing LAX at 1 a.m. sunday night/monday morning?

last year the show ended at 10:45 so it would be tight

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

did Clark Duke start a USA chant at Zack again

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

why does Roddy have to win another match to face the champion when he already beat the champion and should be at the top. goddamn your rankings Gabe

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

The Bucks should start doing some kind of 450 3-D move

Nick does a lionsault into the cutter

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

they also had a match in AIW last year

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Candice will be the opponent at Mystery Vortex (and will win, imo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

why the hell is Eddie Edwards losing to Donovan Dijak

• Locked thread