Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
So I have this neighbor and I think he might not even supposed to be living there anymore but it looks like his power is definitely disconnected. There is an outlet on the outside of my house and every now and then I notice this heavy duty extension cord hanging out of his window lying on the ground that looks like it could easily reach the outlet. Plus my bill has been suspiciously high. I've never caught it actually plugged in but I think maybe he is doing it at night while I am asleep or maybe during the day while I am at work.

Anyway... I don't want to call the cops on him or anything like that. I've identified the breaker that controls the outside outlet but there is a bunch of other stuff on the same breaker inside that I use. What should I do GBS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

sever

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There are locks you can install on your sockets. close thread.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.
Here you go. Please post a better video than Pimpsolo did.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wait- i mean...

Murder him and his family in their sleep for bendyman

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

a creepy colon posted:

woah woah WOAH hang on my fat goony friend, don't do this and end the thread. we need to go wacky and zany and figure out how far we can take this

perhaps a c4 in the outlet?

dyne
May 9, 2003
[blank]
Connect the outlet to your cable tv/internet coax cable

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If he isn't even trying to hide the cord then he must want you to run your lawn mower over it.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Time to play with your circuit breakers.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a creepy colon posted:

There is no cover on it. Can you show me what you mean?

Also how could I disconnect the outlet altogether safely?

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thathonkey posted:

throw battery acid on your neighbors face

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

thathonkey posted:

you put two 12 gauge wires in it, then lick the wires at the same time

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Let me clear this up I don't want to harm my neighbor. I just want to prevent him from stealing my power.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

heres what you do: when he comes over to steal your electricity, you go over to steal his life

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I'm selling a Apple G4 PowerBook for my friend on ebay. Here's the main part of the discription:

You are bidding on my 19 day old G4 Powerbook. This was purchased for a project that fell through. When I tried to return it, I was informed of a 10 day limit for returns!

Your new laptop comes with its original box, all of its documentation, all of its original accessories, and the blue tooth mouse.

Laptop Details: (blah blah blah) Free Shipping yadda yadda yadda

The next day I get this:

Hello I am very interested in your unit. I would like to know your best price to buy it now and if you ship international. I am in London UK right now. I would also want to know the condition of the unit. Please let me know I am very interested. Thank you in advance.

What should I do?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if this dude really has the patience to somehow know exactly when you're asleep and sneak up like a loving looney tunes and enact his schemes then he has won. he literally deserves your electricity more than you

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Trip wires over the outlet. Anyone breaking the plane is subject to a barrage of pre-positioned incendiary devices.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

thathonkey posted:

Let me clear this up I don't want to harm my neighbor. I just want to prevent him from stealing my power.

dude thats loving nonsense. it wouldnt be a true gbs thread if we dont advocate hurting animals and people imo.

you need to replace the faceplate (or outlet) with a conductive metal one and wire the wires directly to the plate so he gets electrocuted if he touches it while plugging in his cord, which is v likely. then he will know not to do it again, like pavlovs dog (who you should harm a week later) :twisted:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Xaris posted:

you need to replace the faceplate (or outlet) with a conductive metal one and wire the wires directly to the plate so he gets electrocuted if he touches it while plugging in his cord, which is v likely

go on..

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
paint a coat of clear nail polish on the tongs of the extension chord. Nail polish is a surprisingly good insulator.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Set up a camera or camp out just to be sure and then beat the poo poo out of him

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Trail Cam w/ infrared. Set it up high above the scene, and any motion below will trigger the camera. Then you'll learn the truth of these matters, OP.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
And then beat the poo poo out of him

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whatever you do please make sure you are spending as much time and effort as he is to theoretically hijack your meager loving wattage for a few hours a day and presumably sit in the dark otherwise?

"gee golly it's 1 AM and thathonkey has finally finished posting now's my chance to cook hotpockets!!"

e: VVV hurf durf

GBS demands blood-tribute for asking us a question so the only fair thing to do now is kill yourself

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 18, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i'm not buying a security camera I'm just gonna disable that outlet i never use it anyways

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

thathonkey posted:

So I have this neighbor and I think he might not even supposed to be living there anymore but it looks like his power is definitely disconnected. There is an outlet on the outside of my house and every now and then I notice this heavy duty extension cord hanging out of his window lying on the ground that looks like it could easily reach the outlet. Plus my bill has been suspiciously high. I've never caught it actually plugged in but I think maybe he is doing it at night while I am asleep or maybe during the day while I am at work.

Anyway... I don't want to call the cops on him or anything like that. I've identified the breaker that controls the outside outlet but there is a bunch of other stuff on the same breaker inside that I use. What should I do GBS?

this is a repost of an old GBS post this is a troll from start to finish.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Walk up to your neighbors doorstep with an M4A2 SOPMOD and ring on his doorbell and when he opens just mow him and his family down op

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

i'm not buying a security camera I'm just gonna disable that outlet i never use it anyways

Then he's going to tee off of your garage thinking this bitch aint gonna do poo poo and then you'll passive aggressively deal with that one too and then he's in your basement taking power. Next thing you know he's in your bed loving your wife and you're all I'll just disable her power too

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

this is a repost of an old GBS post this is a troll from start to finish.

umm... no? I can take a pic of the extension cable if you loving idiots don't believe me

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Stop paying your power bill, so when he tries to use your power it doesn't work.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

thathonkey posted:

umm... no? I can take a pic of the extension cable if you loving idiots don't believe me

this is almost the same exact op of another thread and all your responses are almost verbatum of another thread in order.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

mookface posted:

Then he's going to tee off of your garage thinking this bitch aint gonna do poo poo and then you'll passive aggressively deal with that one too and then he's in your basement taking power. Next thing you know he's in your bed loving your wife and you're all I'll just disable her power too

yeah I agree it is passive aggressive but I haven't actually caught him in the act in fact I rarely see him... I dunno where the gently caress he is at all day

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

thathonkey posted:

yeah I agree it is passive aggressive but I haven't actually caught him in the act in fact I rarely see him... I dunno where the gently caress he is at all day

in your kitchen cabinents hiding and eating your food, watching you pee.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

set his house on fire

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
kill him. did anyone suggest killing him? or perhaps murder?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Amateur Saboteur posted:

kill him. did anyone suggest killing him? or perhaps murder?

yes several times actually. sorry that I won't consider killing somebody over like $20-30 worth of electricity at most

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
when you consider the cost of a bullet you're coming out ahead in the end you know

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

thathonkey posted:

yes several times actually. sorry that I won't consider killing somebody over like $20-30 worth of electricity at most

20-30$ per month OP. That adds up over time.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thathonkey posted:

warmachine would kill him. he would beat him so bad and dead no one would gently caress with your electricity for the rest of your entire life and some of the next one

but i guess you're no alpha male

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

redshirt posted:

20-30$ per month OP. That adds up over time.

Yup. And how many months do you let him make you his bitch huh?
Oh its cool "right now"? How long is right now? One more bill cycle? Just through the winter?

Obviously murder is the only option. But, Make it funny please.

• Locked thread