Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mookerson
Feb 27, 2011

please work out
My newer people watch these two videos on dog body language before we even go to a kennel and talk about dogs:
Canine body language
Human body language as it relates to dogs

Both of these require ASPCAPro registration but its free and you can make something up.

There is a printout to go with them that has pictures of common aggression/fear signals, so what I do when I have someone who needs more help looking out for warning signs, I sit down with them and that sheet and watch youtube videos of dog attacks and help them point out the precursors to a bite. It sounds horrible, but it is a good way to build up your skills in a safe way.

I think another important thing to keep in mind is that no matter how good or predictive a temperament test is, the stress of the kennel can make even a really stable dog go absolutely nuts in a really short period of time, so you need to keep an eye out on the dogs you know just as much as the ones you don't.

Error, I'm sorry to hear about Western. That is always a tough thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
That's a great idea with the dog attack videos, I'm gonna steal that for training folks. We have another bully named Riser who's pretty RMJ, and I had to calm down a volunteer who was too freaked out to walk him.

As for Western, it's sad, but ultimately for the best. I know how fast even a stable dog can lose it in a kennel, it's why I push really hard for enrichment for every dog we have.

I love pibbles more than just about anything, I'm even known in my shelter as 'the pitbull guy' for a bunch of reasons. (I plan to start a shelter training program aimed at making the good ones we get even better before we adopt them out, not just good citizens, but almost service dog levels of training. I just need to get my CPDT first.) but I'd rather see 'borderline' dogs PTSed than ever see another 'vicious pitbull attack' on the news or have to explain to some idiot that no, actually, pitbulls aren't fire breathing murderous hellbeasts with locking jaws that will eat your pets/kids/grandma.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 28, 2015

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I spent three years volunteering at a shelter when I was in college, but my peculiar work schedule these days doesn't permit it.

Given that I'm a cat person and not a dog person, I worked exclusively in the small house where they kept the cats, and I was surprised when all the staff wanted me to do was bring a book, pick up a bag of treats and a toy or two at the shelter office, and sit down in the cat house for a few hours. The idea was to simply get the cats used to being around humans.

Only really bad thing I ever saw working there was when the shelter rescued about thirty maine coons from a breeder in what were reportedly very bad conditions that no one liked to talk about much. Maine coons are gorgeous cats when healthy, big affectionate goofballs, but the cat house's new occupants were some of the thinnest, most raggedy animals I've ever seen. :( They were social enough, with one exception: they were terrified of hearing humans talk. If I stayed quiet, they slowly warmed up to me over the course of the next few months, but they would all bolt under the nearest furniture if I ever spoke to a staff member or another volunteer.

Most of them got over that in a year or so, thankfully, and I saw most of them get adopted out by the time I graduated and had to stop volunteering there.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Visited a local cat shelter and when I asked what they were looking for, they said councilors. Basically people who try to match adopters to cats. I already work a job dealing with people and I've heard nothing good about said work. What do you guys think?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

We have one cat socialization lady who is a total matchmaker. She really enjoys talking to people about what they want in a kitty, and what their home life is like and hooking them up with a cat that matches their needs (and hooking the cat up with people that match their needs too!).
Dealing with people will always have its bad times, but successfully adopting an animal is a really happy and rewarding experience. I've had it go wrong with dogs a few times, where I've done home checks and found an unsuitable environment, either for the individual dog or for any dog. People do get pretty upset when you say no. I had one guy come in on his brother's behalf and swear at us for half an hour, then refused to leave when asked. We had to call the cops, and then we got a slew of abusive voicemails, and at one stage he was spotted outside the gate writing down my license plate number. Basically people with unstable or unsafe home environments are likely to take the "no" very personally. Some are willing to make changes, but others will just yell at you about lawyers or going to the media.

On a different note, last week we had a stray rooster come in! He was beautiful, one of those breeds with fiery red and orange feathers on his body and a big green/blue/black shiny tail. He was found wandering one of the trails around here, so we took him in and for lack of anywhere else to put him, housed him in our puppy/kitten room. Turned out he was a huge jerk and when I went in to open the window the next morning he took exception and jump-kicked me right in the guts. That afternoon I had to shave down a cat due to huge mats on her (always fun). That night I got to go home and tell my husband I got cock punched and then shaved a pussy.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Shithouse Dave posted:

On a different note, last week we had a stray rooster come in! He was beautiful, one of those breeds with fiery red and orange feathers on his body and a big green/blue/black shiny tail. He was found wandering one of the trails around here, so we took him in and for lack of anywhere else to put him, housed him in our puppy/kitten room. Turned out he was a huge jerk and when I went in to open the window the next morning he took exception and jump-kicked me right in the guts.

Dinosaurs never died out, they just hid under a feather blanket.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Suspect Bucket posted:

Dinosaurs never died out, they just hid under a feather blanket.

To anyone who's ever had to handle pissed off chickens/turkeys, that line about raptors being 6 foot turkeys was no loving joke.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Error 404 posted:

To anyone who's ever had to handle pissed off chickens/turkeys, that line about raptors being 6 foot turkeys was no loving joke.

Read the chicken thread. Lots of anecdotes about chicken owners being pretty certain their critters would eat them if given the chance. I remember one in particular about two chickens grabbing a rat at either end and playing tug of war until they pulled it apart.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Well, it seems like as good a time as any to resurrect this thread with a gross question. I work at a shelter and yesterday we had a litter of 6 kittens come in, all about 3 weeks old. Two of them were crawling with maggots, apparently hatching/bursting from small holes around the anus. All I knew to do was a very thorough wash with kitten friendly shampoo. Is there anything beyond this that needs to be done for the issue? Ever seen anything similar?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Eugh, that's hella gross. Kittens are loving gross, man. Are you sure it's maggots and not worms?

I'd vet them, but if that's not an option if you have some clavamox on hand I'd give them .5cc of that twice daily for any gross maggot bacteria rocking round their systems. Also treat the whole litter, even if not all of them show symptoms.

Kitten season rules. I've got kittens with inflamed third eyelids, kittens with the shits, kittens that need bottle fed, kittens that can climb the ex-pen now, kittens that can jump a baby gate and want to explore the building and kittens in my spare room at home that have already worked out how to get over the ex-pen and play with the modem and server plugs and wires. The modem is safe under an upturned fish tank for now, but this climbing victory also means they can get to the second floor windowsills from the table our server box is on. Welp. Hope you guys weren't enjoying that fresh air in midsummer cause now we gotta close the windows.

I should post things in this thread more but for now it is wall to wall kittens and mastitis watch.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
The only thing I have to add is uuuuuuuurgh and my afterwork beer consumption has increased 500%.

Also 4th of july dogs.
We are over capacity with peoples loving terrified dogs. Come and get your dogs, assholes.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Yeah, I'm sure they were maggots. I suppose that out in the summer's heat they will lay eggs into anything that isn't moving or has any sores/infections. One of the two passed away, the other is going strong. The litter is still too young to worm, but a small dose of clavamox seems in order. Beyond that we are just full as hell. The shelter just finished up a court case against a hoarder and we have maybe 4 dozen adult cats to work on adopting out from this household alone. By themselves the case cats have taken up an entire adoption room and half of the stray area worth of space. I honestly don't know where we are going to find room for any other animals now, every bit of previously empty space is now occupied with stacked cat crates.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
My boyfriend and I are fostering a tiny derpy little female cat at the moment from a local shelter as her owner died. We rent a flat (and our landlord allows cats, which is rare in this city) so are kind of reluctant to get our own cat in case we can't take it with us. I figure this is a super cool way to have a pet, help an animal until they can be adopted and take some pressure off a shelter.

:3:

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Shithouse Dave posted:

That was super depressing, and to remedy that I offer you A STRAY CAT THAT LOOKS LIKE SALEM

Aww, somebody wants kitty treats!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

My boyfriend and I are fostering a tiny derpy little female cat at the moment from a local shelter as her owner died. We rent a flat (and our landlord allows cats, which is rare in this city) so are kind of reluctant to get our own cat in case we can't take it with us. I figure this is a super cool way to have a pet, help an animal until they can be adopted and take some pressure off a shelter.

Yes, this is incredibly cool of you.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

I'm dead. I died of cats.

My shelter is a little small town shelter. My shelter has four cat rooms. The first is an open room, which is ostensibly the kitten room, but is occupied by a seven month old semi-social brother and sister pair who have been with us for like six months and they need to gtfo into a nice laid back home.
Then we have a couple of regular cat rooms, each with two cages, floor space and an enclosed courtyard. Depending on individual cat dynamics we can have maybe five on the floor if the cages are unoccupied and like three if they both are.
The last room is the isolation room with two cages and floor space, no courtyard. Then there's one cage in the medical room.
We also have three dog kennels and a storage room that is usually emergency overflow space.

Sounds pretty low key and manageable, yeah?

Currently we have forty cats and kittens in the shelter itself. 40. Four zero. We have a litter of 4 sick kittens in the medical room, one very pregnant cat and one feral cat in iso in cages and nine kittens on the floor from 3 litters. 11 adults over the three real rooms, one very chill guy recovering from a hind leg amputation chilling with two rabbits in the kitchen, a mama and seven kittens in the overflow room and six more kittens in the first dog kennel cause our cat space plum give out. Fortunately we don't have any dogs. It is hosed up. I was the only one there today. Oh and some chinchillas in reception.

so many litterboxes and medications to jam down cats and so much stuff to scrub and sanitise for cats to immediately poo poo up because they are cats

I died, I'm dead of cats.

I'm not scheduled on tomorrow but my former arch nemesis is and it's her first day back from vacation and I can't let her go through that alone.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

It sounds more like a way to end up owning a tiny derpy little female cat. :D

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Otter, come and live at my house. I'll provide cats and booze, you make lasagne. It'll be loving awesome. Or maybe I'll just run away and come squat at yours.

I'm glad I went in today cause former arch-nemesis was literally in tears before she even walked in because she is dating a giant stupid manbabby and he is super mad that she went to see her girlfriends in another province for a couple of days. Someone brought in another loving skinny crusty eyed kitten and a lady called about a severely undernourished dog. Boss and FA-N went to check it out and the dog had just died of it. Some lady with really godawful baby feet tattoos all over her thighs came in to report a feral cat crossing the road with a kitten, so I rolled out on a wild cat chase and saw no cats or kittens. I brought a trap with me mostly for show cause we don't have room for a feral cat or any more kittens and the concerned bystanders hosed right off pretty quickly, so I didn't bother setting the trap. Our cat vaccine stash plum give out with like 25 kittens still to stab caus e we have a bunch in foster.

Please avenge my death by adopting a kitten or twelve.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Oh yeah, and some very senile old lady left five messages in a row about a bird with a broken wing. None of them contained a number to call her back on and most of them went "hello? Hello? Is somebody there? There is a bird on my porch. Hello? Im going to phone back, please answer this time. Hello?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Well gently caress my life. A very pregnant cat just jumped over the fence into my yard.like, vaginal discharge already pregnant. I already have two cats and five foster kittens at home but I've set up a crate on the porch with blankets and food. I thought the drop kicks next door had fixed her (one of her previous kittens is in the shelter right now and is neutered. They haven't noticed he is even gone).

Cats. Stop it. Stop.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
As a volunteer at the humane society of a city of 88,000, I get exposed to basically zero animal drama. Today, though, one of my favorite cats came and sat on my lap for a while. I've never had that happen before. Usually they just sleep, run away, and occasionally can be bothered to get a treat I stuck 5 inches from their nose.

There is this one really fat cat with no tail that hates basically everything. It's all hissing, scratching, and murder stares from across the room with that one. The cat book says that she loves getting petted, likes certain other cats, and wants human attention. Yeah, right. The only way she's getting adopted is if some comically evil mob boss or global executive comes in and wants a cat as full of malice as they are. And I bet the only other cats she likes are the ones she thinks could double as a snack when no one's looking.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Psycho Society posted:

There is this one really fat cat with no tail that hates basically everything. It's all hissing, scratching, and murder stares from across the room with that one. The cat book says that she loves getting petted, likes certain other cats, and wants human attention. Yeah, right. The only way she's getting adopted is if some comically evil mob boss or global executive comes in and wants a cat as full of malice as they are. And I bet the only other cats she likes are the ones she thinks could double as a snack when no one's looking.

I loving love cats like this. My parents have a hate-cat, he is glorious. He is the product of giving a probably naturally ornery kitten to a toddler with no supervision for long periods, and after 2 years of being dragged around and thrown off poo poo and held by the throat his owners gave him to my parents because he was attacking anyone who went near him. After 4 long years of rehabilitation he no longer breaks the skin when he bites, but he still gets into fey moods and goes on rage sprees. If you don't pat him on the stairs he attacks your ankles. If you don't stroke him while you're brushing your teeth he bites you. I pegged his scruff once so I could clip his claws, and once he recovered from the indignity and checked the state of his claws he launched himself at my thigh like a hairy torpedo and bit me so hard I got a bruise under my jeans.

Not the kind of cat you want kids around, but for adults who find a ferociously snarling, emotionally damaged cat amusing and lovable instead of a thing to fear? Absolutely. I'm sure there are freaks like my family out there somewhere just waiting for their own feral rear end in a top hat.

Gilmore, we salute you (from a safe distance)

Tamarillo fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 14, 2015

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
Hello fellow shelter goon. I have worked at a rural Canadian animal shelter for almost 2 years. We have a few more kennels--12 for dogs, 23 for cats (12 adoption floor 11 quarantine), but we're almost always over capacity. Nothing like dogs stacked on dogs stacked on dogs. At times there have been 80 animals at the shelter. We're practically no-kill otherwise couldn't handle it. The people are the hardest part.

Graduated from poopsmithing to photographing and media, but you still get covered in poop even at the office.

Want to have fun? Work as the receptionist and deal with the people all day. ohhhhhhh boy. Miss the animals.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Well, after a year and a half I am looking to get out of the shelter work field. 40 hours a week feels more like 60 with the overcrowding of animals, the angry people, and the jobs that become incredibly unpleasant because of a low budget. Our dryers have not worked for months so we have been sun-drying laundry for a shelter with 80ish dogs and 170ish cats. Thats when it doesn't rain. Management turned off the cold water faucet in the dish area to save money. "If you need cold water, just wait till the hot water is used up" - an actual quote from a woman managing 30 employees. I carry plenty of stress home, and my dreams wind up being about work. So I've given 2 months notice to give them time to find a new employee and train them how to use the shelter software and work front desk.

My immediate supervisor is unable to even give a positive reference because the board of directors will not allow the management to tell other companies anything beyond the dates someone was employed from. The kittens infested with maggots that I bathed both died, as did the rest of their litter of 6. The overcrowding and lack of time/resources lately has ensured that basically any kitten under 6 weeks without a mom is unlikely to survive without fostering. I took home a mom and litter of 4 to foster (3 days old now on the kittens) and they are all snuggled into a mass of black fur. Also gently caress everyone who comes in looking for a Barn Cat and decides that a persian/himalayan/ragdoll would be a match for that lifestyle when the summers here get to 110. I never adopt to them but goddamn how stupid do you get.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Jesus H Macy, tower time, that's hosed up. I don't blame you. Burnout is a huge problem in our organization and they pay a lot of lip service to it at staff survey time, but there's never enough budget to DO anything about it. We are chronically understaffed and do not have the budget to have two people on each day. We get two person afternoons three times a week if we are lucky, and we have all racked up hundreds of volunteer hours between not being able to get everything done by 5pm and recognizing that poo poo can't get done if we don't come in for extra shifts to help. I'm paid for 20 hours per week but do at least 30 every week. The full time girl (former arch-nemesis) works her arse off for like 55 hours a week and also has children, dogs and livestock at home. The manager is a single mother of three who doesn't have time to do shelter cleaning and the like and is hugely stressed and on the point of quitting because she can't afford to do all the work she does for the salary she gets.

We do at least have a working (domestic, lol) dryer.

And the people. Dear god, the people. "Isn't it cruel not to let her have at least one litter?" "my friend gave me this cat and I love her so much but I'm on disability, can you give me a big bag of expensive food and pay for her vet treatments?" "I saw a cat crossing the road and the shelter wouldn't even help me!" "I started feeding this stray cat and it has fleas and now I have fleas, can you come and get it?" "I beat my dog because it's bad! It's my loving dog, I'll do what I want!" "I can't believe you assholes won't give me a dog to put on a chain in my bare front yard!" ... And my favourite of all time, from a perma-drunk leathery bag of anger on the do not adopt list that frequently leaves cuss-filled voicemails, "you're going to give me a dog and you're going to do it for free or I'm calling the media! I've got a lawyer!".

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Highlights of the weekend: boss and F-AN took me to the pub on Friday night, tried to organize cover for me for Saturday at like 11, couldn't get hold of the one casual girl. Boss stole a fedora from some exchange student and talked the 7-11 guy into giving her his name tag that she wore to the dive bar where everyone washes up after midnight. Rolled up brutally hung over but ON TIME (!!) the next morning and Lo and behold the other casual girl was there even though she was scheduled for 1pm. I went home and napped. Good thing I did because...

Bylaw dropped off a dead cat. This isn't unusual in itself, cats get hit by cars and we ID them if possible, take pics and stick'm in the freezer to be picked up by the cremation dude when he comes. This particular dead cat had been sitting in the sun for a few days and was helpfully bagged up by some member of the public I guess and it was absolutely crawling with maggots and stunk to high heaven. It was horrible. The maggots were all on the outside of the bag and when I cut the bag open it was just loving crawling with the fuckers. I traded my surgical mask for a loving respirator and managed not to hurl, even when I discovered that I couldn't check for an ear tattoo because the carcass lacked a head. Didn't get a real good photo but welp. I consider just not hurling a total loving victory. Part of me wonders if I should try to get a better pic now that it's frozen?

I have also just this weekend become proficient at using a rectal thermometer. Nine months of never having to stick anything up a critter's butt and all of a sudden everyone needs a butt reading. Cats love it. On the upside, the kitten who I was sure was just going to be a failure to thrive started eating on his own and his temperature rose to normal, and the amputee who hadn't shat in four days has a normal temperature and took a big ol dump for me this afternoon.

My foster kittens went back into work today and I stabbed each of them twice and they totally forgave me (a couple of them didn't even notice, which makes me feel awesome because one of those stabs is a microchip and those needles are big), but I already miss them in my house. I want to adopt this adorable lil chocolate brown guy that my year old cat decided was his best friend, but I think my husband might divorce me if I do. Still tempted.

Oh yeah, and we took in a little chihuahua/terrier cross with no jawbone (cancer, eats soft food ok, looks kinda derpy as you might expect) found wandering the streets on Wednesday and on Sunday his owner struts in and goes "so you guys just go and steal dogs so you can charge fees eh?". That was cool. Guy doesn't even have a phone so it's not like we could have called him even if we knew where the gently caress the dog came from.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I got a call when working AC about some "animal remains" at the mouth of a canyon. It was July. Said remains were actually large garbage bags full of guts, Probably someone slaughtered some goats and then dumped the bags at the mouth of the canyon instead of putting them in a dumpster somewhere. By the time I picked them up they were more 55-gallon trash bags full of liquefied innards and maggots. You could hear them boiling inside. And having sat in the sun for god knows how long the bags were fragile.

That call took me two and a half hours after getting the dead hauler, loading up around 10 sacks of maggots and driving them to the dump. Of course they broke open in the dead hauler so I was leaking a steady stream of :gonk: out the back and enjoying watching cars behind me swerve off the road because of the smell. And then I had to take the hauler back to the shelter and wash it out.

Vicks VapoRub is great for awful smells if you aren't acclimated, just smear some on your upper lip. Covers up pretty much everything. I found that if instead of trying not to smell the smell, huff it up and after a minute or so your nose goes numb and starts to ignore it but until you get to that point Vicks is your friend.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

No maggots, but we had a dead dog brought in that had attacked a police officer. PD shot it 8 times (apparently out of 17 fired rounds) and while we are fairly sure this killed the dog, they neglected to decapitate it OR set it on fire.

Put in my notice, little more than a month left. Feel like i've seen enough.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

So today was really busy with loads of people during open hours and I was busy trying to juggle three or four things all afternoon. I got all the cleaning done in the morning and put the rabbits outside (we join 3 x-pens together on the shady side of the building on a really good patch of clover so they can hop around and graze instead of being stuck in 3-hop pens in the kitchen all day) just before the onslaught at noon, and at about 2pm the boss goes outside and comes rushing back in to tell us we need to form an underbrush searchparty because one of the rabbits has got out.
We have blackberries and horsetail around the perimeter of the property that we can't keep under control with five overworked staff and no budget so we all grabbed broom handles and caught thorns to all our extremities for an increasingly panicked hour to no avail. We'd all about given up and were resigned to setting a trap and the general shame of having to admit losing an animal to head office when I walked into the kitchen for some water and realized i hadn't put the second rabbit out yet. She was sitting there in her crate because I'd got caught up in doing adoptions and generally dealing with every motherfucker in town.

We are winning at this week for sure.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

Khizan posted:

It sounds more like a way to end up owning a tiny derpy little female cat. :D

After three weeks my boyfriend is already hell bent on keeping her but we'll see. I'd love to see her get adopted out by some nice people so we can help foster MOAR CATTES.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

Shithouse Dave posted:

Otter, come and live at my house. I'll provide cats and booze, you make lasagne. It'll be loving awesome. Or maybe I'll just run away and come squat at yours.

Ok, yes. :3:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Some guy brought in a cat with a litter yesterday, which isn't unusual, being kitten season and all. I took all his details and the cat's information and when I asked what her name was the guy said "her name is Dave". She is my new favourite and I can't explain why I am so tickled that the kitty is named Dave because I don't talk about SA in real life ever.

Other than that, this weekend was mostly puke and kitten poo in new and surprising places.

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

How could there be new and surprising places for vomit and kitten poop when you do the kind of things you do on a regular basis? The mind boggles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying

Shithouse Dave posted:

Some guy brought in a cat with a litter yesterday, which isn't unusual, being kitten season and all. I took all his details and the cat's information and when I asked what her name was the guy said "her name is Dave". She is my new favourite and I can't explain why I am so tickled that the kitty is named Dave because I don't talk about SA in real life ever.

Other than that, this weekend was mostly puke and kitten poo in new and surprising places.

Holy poo poo. My dad also had a female cat named Dave! I was very young at the time, so for a very long period in my childhood I was convinced that Dave was a girl's name (no tv or movies for me, so until I learned to read I never learned otherwise). That's fantastic. :3:

• Locked thread