Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Damo posted:

just get an aeropress it's like 18 dollars or some poo poo and makes real good single cups of coffee with minimal effort

if your a coffee snob just make sure to have a bean grinder at home and between these two things you really have to be one anal mother fucker to be unhappy with the cup of coffee you make

i will admit though the aeropress sucks rear end for making multiple cups if you have company a lot. youll need something else

= chemex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
oh and the terminator in salvation and the lady got attacked in a dirt field by humans for some reason i think they wanted to butt rape the dude.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Mederlock posted:

Surprised nobody's posted the best (well the Chemex owns too) single cup coffee maker: The Aeropress

dude i posted about it on the first page and it was quoted like 6 times

goondolences about your apparent blindness or lack of reading comprehension abilities

i dont know what that chemex thing is but im sure its great, pour over coffee always is. seems more useful if you want to brew multiple cups of coffee though. if you just want a cup in the morning go with the aeropress, no need to sit there pouring water over it for 5 minutes or whatever. with the aeropress you just dump in your ground coffee, pour water in, stir, wait like 15 seconds and press the bitch out. no sitting over the thing pouring water over it gradually for 5 minutes. gently caress that poo poo, i want my morning coffee in 30 seconds. nothing beats the aeropress for a quick tasty cup of coffee. i never even wash the thing, just rinse it, a wash with soap like once a month or some poo poo. it still tastes fine.

edit: one thing about the aeropress if you get one, throw the instructions it comes with away. dont read it. the manufacturers method of using it is dumb as gently caress. look up the inverted aeropress method and do that. it's a much easier and better method. also if you dont want to deal with the paper filters they make metal mesh ones, i use the paper though as the metal ones don't work as well imo. but they are serviceable if you are an environmentally conscious queer

Damo fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 19, 2015

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Damo posted:

dude i posted about it on the first page and it was quoted like 6 times

goondolences about your apparent blindness or lack of reading comprehension abilities

i dont know what that chemex thing is but im sure its great, pour over coffee always is. seems more useful if you want to brew multiple cups of coffee though. if you just want a cup in the morning go with the aeropress, no need to sit there pouring water over it for 5 minutes or whatever. with the aeropress you just dump in your ground coffee, pour water in, stir, wait like 15 seconds and press the bitch out. no sitting over the thing pouring water over it gradually for 5 minutes. gently caress that poo poo, i want my morning coffee in 30 seconds. nothing beats the aeropress.

The fact that you don't know what a chemex is shows that you are a loving amateur.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Can you get k cups with that cat poop coffee in it?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
you can get mr coffees used for like 5 bucks

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Hobohemian posted:

The fact that you don't know what a chemex is shows that you are a loving amateur.

what is there to know about the chemex in particular? is a loving glass pour over coffee device. i know pour over coffee, i just have never used a chemex for it.

it's a loving pour over coffee device doug, not some special new method, it's just a nice self contained device to do it in. it's the same loving idea as putting a metal mesh with a coffee filter in it over a loving mug and pouring water over the grounds. i have made pour over coffee a trillion loving times, i've just never use that particular device to do it in. so, no, i am not an amateur. suck my tiny inverted wiener friend

and again, you don't need that loving thing if you are making one cup of coffee at a time. i dont give a gently caress how good it is, the aeropress is quicker, better, and way loving cheaper for single cups than any fancy looking pour over device. that thing is only useful if you make multiple cups of coffee all the time. from what i've read people say it's not really good if you are only brewing a cup, and also like i said it takes forever sitting there pouring water over it for 5 minutes, compared to the like 30 seconds it takes to aeropress a cup.

also lol at spending like 75 bucks on a loving piece of glass are you for real

Damo fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 19, 2015

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Better hurry, only five left in stock.
http://www.amazon.com/Bunn-Digital-...nn+coffee+maker
(that price :captainpop: )

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Same thing happened to me. Called Keurig and they replaced it with a new machine that was a nicer model. Try that before you throw it in the trash. You'd be suprised how much free stuff you can get by just being polite and nice to people.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Same thing happened to me. Called Keurig and they replaced it with a new machine that was a nicer model. Try that before you throw it in the trash. You'd be suprised how much free stuff you can get by just being polite and nice to people.

hand write letters to companies being nice and they give you free food alot of the time.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Damo posted:

what is there to know about the chemex in particular? is a loving glass pour over coffee device. i know pour over coffee, i just have never used a chemex for it.

it's a loving pour over coffee device doug, not some special new method, it's just a nice self contained device to do it in. it's the same loving idea as putting a metal mesh with a coffee filter in it over a loving mug and pouring water over the grounds. i have made pour over coffee a trillion loving times, i've just never use that particular device to do it in. so, no, i am not an amateur. suck my tiny inverted wiener friend

and again, you don't need that loving thing if you are making one cup of coffee at a time. i dont give a gently caress how good it is, the aeropress is quicker, better, and way loving cheaper for single cups than any fancy looking pour over device. that thing is only useful if you make multiple cups of coffee all the time. from what i've read people say it's not really good if you are only brewing a cup, and also like i said it takes forever sitting there pouring water over it for 5 minutes, compared to the like 30 seconds it takes to aeropress a cup.

also lol at spending like 75 bucks on a loving piece of glass are you for real

here's what's to know about the chemex bitch it's in the MOMA

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

PERMANENT COLLECTION

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
you sound like people arguing over artisional butt plugs

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

considered one of the greatest pieces of design of the 20th century motherfucker

ruling the coffee world for over 70 years

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
You mock, but I also got my $1300 Thinkpad T440p upgraded to a $2000+ X1 Carbon for no charge in a similar fashion. There's a way of complaining while being nice about it that often lands you free stuff or stuff that's better than what you bought.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Dick Fagballzson posted:

You mock, but I also got my $1300 Thinkpad T440p upgraded to a $2000+ X1 Carbon for no charge in a similar fashion. There's a way of complaining while being nice about it that often lands you free stuff or stuff that's better than what you bought.

never leave the line until the labor cost exceeds the product you want.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
ok yeah it's a pretty device. it's still a pour over coffee thingy. there's nothing to "get" about it that im missing. it's still just pour over coffee which i am aware is a very good coffee brewing method. unless you just want to make a fast single cup of coffee. it is not efficient for that purpose compared to an aeropress.

i guess they make a 3 cup version which is what, 15oz since their "cup" is 5oz? still though, i dont like pour over for my morning cuppa cause i dont have the patience to sit there pouring water slowly over it for 5 minutes.

as much as im jokingly poo poo talking it's price, i am considering picking one up because we currently don't have a method of brewing large amounts of coffee. i use the aeropress, and my fiancee uses a basic pour over method with a mesh filter and her mug, so making coffee for guests is very inefficient in our home atm.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
so yeah the moma glass is a much better option for making coffee for multiple people for sure. just saying that's the only reason i would get it over an aeropress. it's just so much quicker using the aeropress for my one cup in the morning is all.

aeropress may not be pretty but its made by the frisbee people. how about that poo poo. frisbee coffee yo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you will poo poo your pants at how good chemex coffee is if you take all teh dumb loving steps of measuring your grounds measuring the exact amount of water pouring it over for exactly x seconds while humming yankee doodle or whatever goddamn dumb poo poo is involved

i dunno i never made it myself my former housemate used to make it all the time and it's the best homemade coffee i've ever had, and probably top 3 coffees including from shops

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
i believe you. however that process is exactly what i was getting at. that's too much poo poo for me to bother with in the morning for one cup of coffee. again, for guests after dinner or some poo poo yeah for sure. for my bleary eyed and hating the world in the morning and barely managing to stay upright the minute it takes me to grind my beans and use my aeropress, not so much

also if you have never used it yourself how am i the amateur, huh??? HUH??? :smug:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Saalkin posted:

Can you get k cups with that cat poop coffee in it?
Civets aren't cats. They are their own family of carnivorous mammals distinct from felines.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i used to make aeropress over ice for myself, i always liked it and would recommend it to anyone.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
after a night of drinking i woke up and learned i put rotten chicken in the coffee machine.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

TOILETLORD posted:

after a night of drinking i woke up and learned i put rotten chicken in the coffee machine.

FELLAS DON'T DRINK THAT COFFEE!

You'd never guess! There was a FISH, in the PERCOLATOR! Sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSxNP-1VpjE

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
lol at idiots who think grinding coffee, boiling water, measuring coffee, brewing it, and then cleaning it all up is easier than just pressing a button and having coffee in a few seconds. Also lol at idiots who think they can actually taste much of a difference, especially once you add cream and sugar. I mean I have a French press too, but let's be realistic. It takes probably 15 minutes to do French press coffee. It's not something a normal person who's not a hipster barista douchebag has time for during the work week.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Dick Fagballzson posted:

lol at idiots who think grinding coffee, boiling water, measuring coffee, brewing it, and then cleaning it all up is easier than just pressing a button and having coffee in a few seconds. Also lol at idiots who think they can actually taste much of a difference, especially once you add cream and sugar. I mean I have a French press too, but let's be realistic. It takes probably 15 minutes to do French press coffee. It's not something a normal person who's not a hipster barista douchebag has time for during the work week.

double grounds half water. black no sugar. be a man.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

TOILETLORD posted:

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

Dick Fagballzson posted:

It takes probably 15 minutes to do French press coffee

r u 4 reul

lol at an idiot that has somehow convinced themselves that paying for coffee by the cup in your own home is A Good Idea

Dick Fagballzson posted:

It's not something a normal person who's not a hipster barista douchebag has time for during the work week.

no one ever in the history of the planet had time to make coffee in the morning before the k-cup was invented :thumbsup:

Damo fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 19, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

haha "i put cream and sugar in my coffee" aka I SUCK

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i think "dark roast" means "more coffee taste" and then i just dump a shitton of poo poo in there instead ofjust drinking light roast like an ACTUAL GENIUS

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

I don't even drink regular coffee. Regular coffee tastes like poo poo. I drink a double shot of espresso every morning. The Keurig is for my wife and guests.

Damo posted:

no one ever in the history of the planet had time to make coffee in the morning before the k-cup was invented :thumbsup:

A lot of them really didn't. Why do you think coffee shops where people pay $5 for a cup of mediocre coffee are a thing?

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 19, 2015

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dick Fagballzson posted:

A lot of them really didn't. Why do you think coffee shops where people pay $5 for a cup of mediocre coffee are a thing?

White people are really stupid.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

TOILETLORD posted:

you sound like people arguing over artisional butt plugs
I don't want to put the same things in my butt as the lower classes.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

Hobohemian posted:

White people are really stupid.

this exactly. making a cup of coffee at home is way easier and cheaper than making a special trip somewhere and spending 5 loving dollars a day on it. people are just loving lazy and stupid i dont even know how anyone could argue against this

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

if you don't drink shots of espresso, you're a baby and probably poor.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

My boss, who doesn't even drink coffee much, replaced our old but serviceable Mr. Coffee with a loving Keurig.
Now he expects us to chip in for pods that no one wanted.

Anyone use those reusable Keurig filters? I want to be able to use my own grounds, at least.

I got a keurig for free and I use a reusable self-fill cup thing to make folgers in it because I don't give a poo poo about the taste I'm in it for the caffeine. I like it better than the Mr. Coffee I had before because it's faster and requires less cleanup unless I'm going to drink 5 cups at once which I don't ever do.

This is the one I use because it was the one on the shelf at the grocery store, pretty sure it was under $10

Get one and give your dumb boss the finger for being dumb

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

how the gently caress do you put a full cup of water into a keurig and only get two tablespoons out

you are a loving failure at coffee dude, i barely clean my keurig and it still shits out a cup of coffee whenever I want

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Damo posted:

this exactly. making a cup of coffee at home is way easier and cheaper than making a special trip somewhere and spending 5 loving dollars a day on it. people are just loving lazy and stupid i dont even know how anyone could argue against this

hahah you get nicely steamed milk and better tasting beans, also a cool place to sit and read. but you can sit there in your sad house and drink your lovely refrigerator coffee or something i guess

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
sorry you live in a shithole you arent comfortable in, i guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Tell us more about your families nickname for you OP

• Locked thread