Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best player in the dynasty?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 12.50%
Cletus 1 12.50%
Slywalker 1 12.50%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
Diodeous 0 0%
Dubious 0 0%
JB 0 0%
CPU-Controlled Iowa 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

DYNASTY RULES

1) I will be the first truly cruel commissioner of this era. There's not an actual timetable that I have in mind, because I am human and realize that every situation isn't always the same. However, if you have a CPU game I expect that poo poo to be played by no longer than 72hrs(excluding extraordinary circumstances of course). I don't care if you sim plays to see that it's done. The rate at which we advance will be very arbitrary and to my preference.

2) Please communicate in the thread on a regular basis. It takes but a minute to post about your schedule or any problems you're having in the dynasty.

3) Don't play like a jerk: nano blitzes, 24/7 no-huddle, putting speed WRs at TE(w/o officially changing his position), or in memory of my dear friend Bio - changing a CB to QB, ya know, poo poo like that. I'm not gonna get more specific then that so use your brain. If you have to think twice about it then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.

4) You can reset CPU games as much as necessary to get the win. Please, no rage quitting against other users, and let's not destroy a user team that isn't available to play for that week. Just do enough to get the win.

CONFERENCE SETUP
We will be using schools from both the BigTen and Pac12 conferences, but consolidating them all under the B1G due to loss of players. This means that anyone joining after the season has started will have to choose a B1G team this season, but can switch to a PAC team(if desired) during the next off-season. Looks like we're to the Wild West as everyone will be shooting for a spot in the B1G CG, and possibly the Rose Bowl.

BigTen
East
Michigan - cletus42o, GT: cletus42o
Michigan State - Diodeous, GT: BenedictWong
Ohio State - Notorious ZSB, GT: JDMTyte
Penn State - Texas A. Wreckus, GT: QuickDrawQuincy

West
Nebraska - John Brown, GT: True Cryme
UCLA - Dubious, GT: Dubious28SS
USC - Slywalker13, GT: Slywalker13

SETTINGS
Difficulty - All American; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.

Dynasty Name: SASBigTenPac12
Password: Goonball4eva

In short, don't be a dick and pay attention to the thread you bastards. So without further ado, let's get to it!

Big 12
OU - Dubious; GT: Dubious28SS
OSU
Texas
TTech
TCU - Diodeous; GT: BenedictWong
Baylor - John Brown; GT: True Cryme
K state
Kansas
WVU
Iowa State

John Brown fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Welcome to Season 5!

Everyone has a CPU game so let's try to advance by Tuesday night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan r2a

I didn't have a 105-0 insane blow-out game (holy crap dude, 3 punt return TDs?), but Michigan beats Colorado 63-10.

Dick Butt is back and better than ever, along with his defensive counterpart, "Big Steak" Taco Charlton. Dick Butt got 253 yards with 6 TD receptions off of just 13 catches, and Taco tied the single-game sack record with 6 sacks with a forced fumble along the way.

Glad to see Nebraska on the schedule - looking forward to trying out my team against you. Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones with 5 user games.

And just cause I love these insta-commits:

cletus42o posted:

4 5* insta-commits OH YEAHHH

#1 DE (+1 to 81 OVR)
#1 CB (+1 to 79 OVR)
#12 ATH (+5 to 81 OVR)
#15 ATH (+2 to 76 OVR)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So I wasn't having a good day yesterday and decided to take it out on the CPU. Also, my freshman HB is pretty much Devin Hester so good luck with that. In my first attempt to play the game he returned the opening kickoff, and then another punt. I accidentally quit the game by pausing it one second before the game was actually finished, and didn't realize I wasn't at the expected menu. Anyway, in the follow up attempt he and my defense absolutely exploded.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

gently caress there went like a huge chunk of my recruiting board I think Cletus.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious and Z, do you guys need more time?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Knocking it out tonight

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Yes please. I'll have it done tonight though.

e: r2a

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 21, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 2!

UCLA beat Maryland in the sim but lost its Center for 4 weeks.

User Matchups:
#3 USC (Slywalker) @ #6 Michigan (cletus)

CPU Games:
Mich St.
UCLA
Penn St
OSU

Let's aim for a Saturday or Sunday advance.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Sly, unfortunately I don't have any plans to be working from home the rest of this week. I'll let you know if that changes. What are your available times Thurs/Fri just in case?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Usual times for me noon to 3pm EST.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Usual times for me noon to 3pm EST.
So actually, I just found out I've been scheduled for an early morning conference call tomorrow that I'll have to take from home - so I think I will end up working the day from home.

If we could plan on trying to start as close to noon ET as possible, that'd be great. (assuming I'm able to do it - I'll let you know ahead of time of course if it falls through) That way I may still be able to head into the office after our game if I need to.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nebraska gives no fucks about your team.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sly, I'll definitely be available tomorrow. It's not a huge deal after all if it's close to noon for me, but if you could let me know ahead of time when you expect to be on that'd be great so I can make sure I keep my schedule open.

And please continue to give no fucks about my team JB. I don't know if I will ever be able to defeat you before EA shuts us down, but certainly taking me lightly gives me a better chance. :)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
so if the kid has a good day I can play at noon, if not I am on kid duty when I get home. If you can bump it to 1330 Eastern I should be able to play no matter what.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

so if the kid has a good day I can play at noon, if not I am on kid duty when I get home. If you can bump it to 1330 Eastern I should be able to play no matter what.
We can definitely just plan on 1:30pm Eastern, but I've got my 360 logged in and it's right next to my computer desk so if you want to knock it out sooner, I should see the pop-up when you log in and can let you know if I'm available. As far as I can tell, I'll be free from noon onwards for sure.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#6 Michigan over #3 USC, 34-28.

Really tight game. We were going back and forth for the most part until Michigan came up with an interception in the second half. Michigan went up 31-21, USC fired right back and made it 31-28, but Michigan recovered the onsides kick and was able to hold onto the ball and close the final second of the game with a field goal to end it up by 6.

Luckily was able to figure out a way to keep Isaac's rushing attack to a minimum.

Dick Butt had 1 TD on 10 receptions and 154 yards, but Michigan's star player in the game was Deveon Smith who rushed for 127 yards and 3 TDs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6MELXfscTU

Dick Butt is so powerful. He made his TD catch on the next play.

GG Sly! Always a close one when we battle it out in this dynasty.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I can't wait until dick butt graduates. I can't stop him, despite keying and double teaming, same issue last time we played. Your run game was also silly. God I hate playing your Michigan team so much.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

His Michigan team is annoying as piss, I was lucky to have gotten some early breaks in our match up last season. As always I like this OSU team, but fear the defense lacks that Hokie edge to make them truly scary.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
After nearly a 2 month hiatus (thanks RROD) i win a cpu game 30-20.

forgetting alot of NCAA mechanics. It will come back :negative:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Dick Butt is so powerful.

We'll see how about this come week 6.

ZSB, seeing as we're only waiting on you we'll definitely advance tomorrow - maybe in the afternoon. Just let me know when you plan on playing so it doesn't get simmed.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

We'll see how about this come week 6.

ZSB, seeing as we're only waiting on you we'll definitely advance tomorrow - maybe in the afternoon. Just let me know when you plan on playing so it doesn't get simmed.

I'll play my game tonight. Fiance is out of town for the weekend, so no restrictions on getting it in lol.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

The Notorious ZSB posted:

no restrictions on getting it in

Please tell me this turn of phrase is intentional. We'll done.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Dubious posted:

After nearly a 2 month hiatus (thanks RROD) i win a cpu game 30-20.

forgetting alot of NCAA mechanics. It will come back :negative:

:stare:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Please tell me this turn of phrase is intentional. We'll done.

:smug: :c00lbutt:

OSU demolishes FSU 90-14. 5 INTS, 2 for 6, basically ran and threw and did whatever I wanted until the 4th quarter more or less.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 24, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 3!

User Matchups:
#9 Penn State (Wreckus) @ #6 USC (Sly)

CPU Games:
Michigan
UCLA
Nebraska

Byes:
OSU
Mich St.

I think this week's advance will really be determined by the one user game. Wreckus and Sly, get to it.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Texas when this weekend works for you? I am buy Sunday until probably 9am EST and can go most of today until 3 or maybe 4PM EST.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

No. Fucks. Given.

Nebraska makes SCe go night-night laying it on em' 111-7. If it wasn't for a CPU glitch where my CB went full retard with the ball in the air then I would've shut them out.

The best part about all of this is the time my backups are getting. I tend to take out my starters when they reach any of the following: 3 INTs, 3 Sacks, 200 rush yds/3 TDs, 300 pass yds/4 TDs, 200 rec yds or 3 TDs.

My freshman HB has now returned 5 punts in 3 games. This is the team Miami was meant to be.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

No. Fucks. Given.

Nebraska makes SCe go night-night laying it on em' 111-7. If it wasn't for a CPU glitch where my CB went full retard with the ball in the air then I would've shut them out.

The best part about all of this is the time my backups are getting. I tend to take out my starters when they reach any of the following: 3 INTs, 3 Sacks, 200 rush yds/3 TDs, 300 pass yds/4 TDs, 200 rec yds or 3 TDs.

My freshman HB has now returned 5 punts in 3 games. This is the team Miami was meant to be.

My Buckeyes are DOOMED. It wouldn't let me sub guys in in the 2nd half, very sad.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Haha I meant to throw in a blurb about how it probably doesn't mean much but it feels good to get my first shutouts back-to-back.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
111-7?

Ive broken Madden 15 over my knee and cant even break 80.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, you will unfortunately be put on AP if you don't respond by tonight.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Slywalker13 posted:

Texas when this weekend works for you? I am buy Sunday until probably 9am EST and can go most of today until 3 or maybe 4PM EST.

Idk what I am buy means. Busy? I'll be on most of the day Sunday and around Mon and Tues night.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ill get mine done late tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're advancing Tuesday night.

Work it out amongst yourselves.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Idk what I am buy means. Busy? I'll be on most of the day Sunday and around Mon and Tues night.

Saw this after my bedtime. Could you do midnight eastern or sometime around then? I can't do East coast evenings due to time zone differences.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Slywalker13 posted:

Saw this after my bedtime. Could you do midnight eastern or sometime around then? I can't do East coast evenings due to time zone differences.

Ill do it hoping my office has a two hour delay in the morning haha, see you then.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Ill do it hoping my office has a two hour delay in the morning haha, see you then.

Just woke up and I can't support this today as I leave for work in a few minutes. Are you getting hit by the blizzard? Maybe you'll have work cancelled? Otherwise if you can't play from between noon to 3 Eastern during the day I'll take a sim. Honestly I'm surprised I've gone this long before having the time zone difference make a user game unplayable.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The game will be simmed. Sorry, but I don't want to hold up the league for one user game. I'm advancing us now. Someone can post the games or I will when I get home from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Double Post:

Everyone has a CPU game.

USC beat Penn State in the sim, but UCLA lost to loving Rutgers and their poo poo roster.

Let's aim for a Saturday advance.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 27, 2015

• Locked thread