Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Regarding the previous post the correct term is 'Arsehole' not 'rear end in a top hat'. If Americans don't know the difference between the arse and a beast of burden then its small wonder that they don't know how to correctly describe a sporting activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Seaside Loafer posted:

Regarding the previous post the correct term is 'Arsehole' not 'rear end in a top hat'. If Americans don't know the difference between the arse and a beast of burden then its small wonder that they don't know how to correctly describe a sporting activity.

still this biggest human being in the thread.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
thats both the content of my post w/r/t seaside loafer as well as me signing my post

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Love you to babes x

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I just schooled my neighbor in Madden '10 and I was playing on the Browns team

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Serious'ish question, I heard that in American Football the gradual increase of the armour over the years, they used to just have padding and stuff way back, has basically just led to it being more dangerous because now these huge ARSEHOLES are smacking their heads into each other on a regular basis and while they have their invincible +5 helmets it can lead to rather nasty long term brain trauma in later life because of their control units rattling around in their skulls, any truth to this rumour?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
my favorite thing about football is how the pro players spend their whole lives preparing for a few years of grueling work, blow all their millions on hookers and blow, then get chucked off the team and into a life of dealing with the effects of repeated concussions without any savings or indeed any discernible non-football-related skills

FOOTBALL FOR THE FOOTBALL GOD

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wish I could play sega genesis online so I could be the king of Mutant League Football, the only good football video entertainment game.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
did mutant league football have traps on the field like in the hockey game?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
MLF maps had thin ice on asteroids, landmines in hard fields with rocks and fire pits, and some levels had gravity so low some athletes would jump real far and high and sometimes completely off the field. Not to mention the team specific special audibles like rumble fumble, fart gas clouds, and bribing/killing the ref. I wish they would remake that game in gory detail.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i dont dislike football in fact i enjoy watching it but it's confusing, all the little guys running around and the excited men shouting to the tune of colorful graphics effects

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Just set the blood factor to 10 and focus on beating the other team up more than moving the ball. If you pick a 5 skull team against a zero skull team(sixty whiners) the parts will fly. Turn reserves on and there's a good chance you won't see the end of 4th quarter due to casualties.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

amityville anus posted:

Just set the blood factor to 10 and focus on beating the other team up more than moving the ball. If you pick a 5 skull team against a zero skull team(sixty whiners) the parts will fly. Turn reserves on and there's a good chance you won't see the end of 4th quarter due to casualties.

likewise with hockey. hockey had a funny feature i dont know if football did. there was a penalty for fighting and a longer penalty for fighting and losing

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
There was bribing the ref and killing the ref, until you figure it out the ref makes real lovely calls like spitting, jaywalking, and crying, etc. that kick you back 5/10 yards. Only way to stop it is to kill the ref via audible costing you another 10.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I enjoy watching american football but I feel like if I could understand the plays better I could tolerate all the stoppages. It really feels like it requires either a high level of understanding or beers and friends to be enjoyable. I could watch baseball all day though.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
fuusbawl

futbole

foot bowl

fruit ball

what im trying to say is sports is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
im a big retarded butthole who can't see the value in arbitrarily picking a team and being happy when that arbitrarily chosen team wins and all the other ones lose

• Locked thread