Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

About as close you can get to two teams losing the Super Bowl.

That already happened it was called Superbowl V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Patriots don't play in Boston and their team isn't named after the city of Boston.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Patriots don't play in Boston and their team isn't named after the city of Boston.

Sure sure, and the Giants and Jets are really from New Jersey.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Why do they show shots of the city of Boston during every Pats game?

See also: Bill Simmons

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Kawalimus posted:

That already happened it was called Superbowl V
:stare:

Yeah let's do that again. Nobody's gonna want to say they even played in the game, let alone won.

I mean, does anyone really win if both teams just poo poo their pants all game?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

NC-17 posted:

At least they're called the New York Giants and the New York Jets. They're not the Boston Patriots.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Bad Moon posted:

Ballard owns it sucks dumb people moved there but great places to drink

Kickin' Boot is like the best cheap whiskey bar on the West Coast.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

You know, all the hate for the 'Hawks and their fans stung last year, but this year it's just hilarious. Let it flow

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I'm going to the Pats because I think Brady with four rings is kind of deserved considering I think he's the best QB of all time.

Pretty much how I feel as well. I can't speak for all time, but definitely the best I've ever seen play.

Looking forward to a better game than last years Super Bowl for sure.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 19, 2015

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

At least they're called the New York Giants and the New York Jets. They're not the Boston Patriots.

New England isn't even a state, it's a defined geographical region. It'd be like them just calling themselves the American Patriots. Bad form Patriots, bad form!

They wouldn't do that because why pretend anywhere else in America matters?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The best part of the New England Patriots is when people from Maine support them as the hometown team because they are also New England

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

NC-17 posted:

At least Foxboro is in New England and the Giants and Jets don't even play in New York.

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The best part of the New England Patriots is when people from Maine support them as the hometown team because they are also New England

You're right, they should probably support.... the Alouettes?

Football in New England is slim pickings. Gotta support the team.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Zurreco posted:

Kickin' Boot is like the best cheap whiskey bar on the West Coast.

I, too, like drinking in Ballard. Was just a little aggro over a Seattlite hating on the Hawks. Will shutup now though.

Feel like this is a 50/50 game, should be a fun one. Hopefully Wilson shows up or we lose this time.

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

There is one initial tidbit to consider in advance of a Seahawks-Patriots Super Bowl, which will be refereed by Bill Vinovich. (That's according to multiple reports, including one from ESPN rules analyst Jim Daopoulos.) Since Vinovich returned to the referee role in 2012 after recovering from heart problems, he has been assigned five Seahawks games. Seattle is 5-0 in those games, including three victories by at least 20 points.

:tinfoil:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
After seeing what the Seahawks did to my Packers fan friend, who was literally crying after doing nothing but gloating and talking poo poo after the first half...

I am now a Seahawks fan for life. Where do I get my 12th man Jersey?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Oil! posted:

At least Foxboro is in New England and the Giants and Jets don't even play in New York.

the jets play in new york at least once a year

upstate new york, but still

NC-17 posted:

Football in New England is slim pickings. Gotta support the team.

this is why i don't feel bad about being a Bills fan. When you're from CT every one of your teams is either from NY or MA.

at least it was after the whalers left...

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can I just root for the commercials for the Super Bowl?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Oil! posted:

And the Skins don't even play in DC

it's about what region the team represents, not about where they literally play

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TMMadman posted:

Can I just root for the commercials for the Super Bowl?

Root for the Puppy Bowl :3:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Dexo posted:

After seeing what the Seahawks did to my Packers fan friend, who was literally crying after doing nothing but gloating and talking poo poo after the first half...

I am now a Seahawks fan for life. Where do I get my 12th man Jersey?

There should be plenty on the bandwagon. Hope you didn't like the old jerseys though as none of their fans existed before 2012

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Root for the Puppy Bowl :3:

The Kitten Halftime show is better! :colbert:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Febreeze posted:

Yeah and the Patriots represent the entirety of New England. But all they ever talk about or show in the media when talking about the Patriots is Boston. And the city of Boston takes credit for all their championships as being victories for Boston.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i envy kawalimus for having those wacky stats he pulls for

it's hard for me to have a rooting interest in non-playoff games that don't involve my team, and poo poo like that would help me pick random interests throughout a season

Nov 6, 2002

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Yeah and the Patriots represent the entirety of New England. But all they ever talk about or show in the media when talking about the Patriots is Boston. And the city of Boston takes credit for all their championships as being victories for Boston.

I'm sure Brattleboro feels every bit as responsible for the win as Boston.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Better the devil you know so go Patriots and please retire Brady.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

by gawd it's been too long, this is awh yeah go pats

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

tonic posted:

Was just a little aggro over a Seattlite hating on the Hawks. Will shutup now though.

:hawksin::respek::cheers:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Sour Diesel posted:

i envy kawalimus for having those wacky stats he pulls for

it's hard for me to have a rooting interest in non-playoff games that don't involve my team, and poo poo like that would help me pick random interests throughout a season

All it takes is one player. For example, Chandler Jones is the loving man and everyone on the Seahawks is a piece of poo poo and also Macklemore likes them.

Nov 6, 2002

Everyone wishing for a Patriots win so Brady retires is deluding themselves. He is never going to quit until they cut him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NC-17 posted:

Everyone wishing for a Patriots win so Brady retires is deluding themselves. He is never going to quit until he gets his chest brutally injured and is replaced by Jimmy Garpolo and then never sees the field again except a lion in winter cameo in the AFC championship game according to Patriot ritual

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol Packers, lol Colts. Let's go Seahawks!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
No, he meant literally cut him. 52 year old Brady will be trying to take the field and they'll just sever his tendons with a machete.

He'll still play one down.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

NC-17 posted:

Everyone wishing for a Patriots win so Brady retires is deluding themselves. He is never going to quit until they cut him.

i hope brady plays until he is 45 and his career ends on a stretcher, they also find out he's pregnant and he loses the child as well

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Febreeze posted:

Sorry for your 6-10 season.

Nov 6, 2002

Boogaleeboo posted:

they'll just sever his tendons with a machete.

Tom Brady: Questionable, leg.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'M loving PISSED THAT THE CHICAGO RUSH DIDN'T CALL THEMSELVES THE ROSEMONT RUSH WHAT THE gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Brady won't retire until another quarterback cuts off his head and then screams into a shower of sparks.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
goddamn the Patriots are the worst thing to ever happen in sports. just die already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
When it's time for Brady to retire Bill will rip his everlasting soul from Brady's still-beating heart and place it in the chest of Jimmy G, forming an immortal and impossibly handsome unholy monstrosity that will terrorize the NFL for millenia

unless they're playing the FrankenManning monster in the Superbowl, then welp

• Locked thread