Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Would you rather gently caress the cis face or trans face of a golgi apparatus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dely Apple posted:

Would you rather gently caress the cis face or trans face of a golgi apparatus

as long as it as an incoming transport vesicle I'm into it. I'm a little bit poly that way

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
the answer is always whoever has the biggest boobs

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

NO DONT

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Would

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the fat Wendy is a more reliable fast food spokesman

you can trust her opinion on bacon cheeseburgers

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

The Mad Archivist posted:

sorry OP my heart belongs to flo

vvv owned sucka :cool:

sorry but post her before the plastic surgeries.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
The Wendy's chick is cool with taking the bus on a date and eating fast food. If she watched anime she'd be GBS' kokoro wish.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

TOILETLORD posted:

sorry but post her before the plastic surgeries.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

she was a straight uggo in her first two commercials and then she lost like60 lbs and her face was a different shape all the sudden.

naem
May 29, 2011

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Verizon chick, no contest. Same dilemma with that Ariana Grande thread, while I'd bone her, what sort of witchcraft would we need to implement to make this feeling reciprocal.

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

mookface posted:

as long as it as an incoming transport vesicle I'm into it. I'm a little bit poly that way

fatty spotted

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Kuato posted:

Verizon chick, no contest. Same dilemma with that Ariana Grande thread, while I'd bone her, what sort of witchcraft would we need to implement to make this feeling reciprocal.

Wouldn't you like to know

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Whiskey Sours posted:

Do you have any pictures of their boobs? I can't decide if I haven't seen their boobs.

This should be enough.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
You can only choose one:

(The right choice is the one in the middle)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

genesplicer posted:

This should be enough.

:stare:

Where can I buy some AT&T? I need some AT&T.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

MeaningOfLife posted:

You can only choose one:

(The right choice is the one in the middle)

I was sad when she died in Breaking Bad.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcKSjMrc8gc

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Darth123123 posted:

Flo is like 60 years old fwiw,
She's 44, not a GMILF yet.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
she deserved to die for being a drug user

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Secks Cauldron posted:

She's 44, not a GMILF yet.

Still, significantly younger than me. However, not so much younger that it would be creepy...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

came to post this vid and my massive crush for this person

Notmypants
Jan 3, 2014

Pants pants moose pants.

Chinatown posted:

came to post this vid and my massive crush for this person

You, me and half the internet+thelesbians.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

genesplicer posted:

I was sad when she died in Breaking Bad.

she was crazy hot before all the heroin

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TEAYCHES posted:

jocks arent my type really but russell wilson is prettier. andrew luck looks like a retard

that's just in that picture. nowadays he's grown out his dreamy neckbeard :allears:

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Fullhouse posted:

she was crazy hot before all the heroin

Just when I finally think everyone is allowed to like whatever they like and everything will be okay, poo poo like this just takes my breath away.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

would you rather bang your mum or your dad? (assume they are alive)

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
You goons wouldn't even know what to do with a spokeswoman.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Frank Jameso posted:

Wendy's chick

or

Verizon chick

feel free to post your own would you rather bone pics

Both of the OP, at the same time if possible.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Would a cellphone commercial chick be able to get me a deal on a phone plan?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

She keeps em wrapped up but AT&T girl is pretty chesty

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

lol like this is even a choice

Actual Woman or 12 year old blonde boy hmmmm geeee I dunnooo

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Hexel posted:

She keeps em wrapped up but AT&T girl is pretty chesty

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I love that gap in her teeth.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

http://www.wendys-girl.com/

quote:

THIS SITE IS 100% ORIGINAL CONTENT (except where noted).

ANYTHING STOLEN OR SCRAPED WILL BE MET WITH THE FULL FORCE OF THE LAW. WE *WILL* USE THE DMCA TO TAKE YOUR SITE DOWN IF ANYTHING FROM http://wendys-girl.com IS STOLEN. COPYRIGHT VIOLATORS WILL BE REPORTED TO ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CONSUMER PROTECTION GROUPS.

DMCA.com

We strictly follow Google Best Practices Guidelines!

This site is intended for and is appropriate for ages 13 and up.

Disclaimer - This is an informational site suitable for ages 13+

All of the materials and data offered on this site are for informational and educational purposes only.

No attempt has been made to defame or assassinate the character of Morgan Smith Goodwin. No attempt has been made to disparage or defame the Wendy's Corporation.

The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.

The myriad of facts, conjecture, perspectives, viewpoints, opinions, analyses, and information in the articles, stories and commentaries posted on this site range from cutting edge hard news and comment to extreme and unusual perspectives. We choose not to sweep uncomfortable material under the rug - where it can grow and fester. We choose not to censor skewed logic and uncomfortable rhetoric. These things reflect the world as it now is - for better and worse. We present multiple facts, perspectives, viewpoints, opinions, analyses, and information. As with all controversies, we stand ready to post any and all rebuttals and responses from people mentioned in the material we post.

Journalism is (or used to be) the profession of gathering and presenting a broad panorama of news about the events of our times and presenting it to readers for their own consideration. We believe in the intelligence, judgment and wisdom of our readers to discern for themselves among the data which appears on this site that which is valid and worthy...or otherwise.

The idea of a free press in America is one that we hold in the highest regard. We believe in bringing our site visitors the widest possible array of information that comes to our attention. We have great trust and respect for the American people, and our worldwide audience, and believe them to be fully-capable of making their own decisions and discerning their own realities.

Among the articles posted here for your consideration, there will doubtless be some that you find useless, and possibly offensive, but we believe you will be perceptive enough to realize that even the stories you disagree with have some value in terms of promoting your own further self-definition and insight. Our site is a smorgasbord of material...take what you wish and click or scroll right past that which doesn't interest you.

We suggest you don't make 'assumptions' about our official position on issues that are discussed here. That is not what this site is about. We believe it to be unwise to sweep controversy under the carpet. We also firmly believe people should not only read material which they agree with. The opinions expressed through the stories here do not necessarily represent those of http://wendys-girl.com

We are not going to censor the news and information here. That is for you to do.

We strongly recommend not 'assuming' anything. Read, consider, and make your own informed decisions. People 'assumed' the Warren Commission report was accurate. It was not. People 'assumed' the Federal Government would never conduct biochemical experiments on the general populace. But it did, by the score. People 'assumed' the world was once flat. Bear in mind that http://wendys-girl.com is entirely for entertainment purposes only, and we bear no responsibility for those who confuse our site as a legitimate source of information. Any confusion is not our responsibility whatsoever.

One more time...

http://wendys-girl.com do not necessarily adhere to, or endorse, any or all of the links, stories, articles, editorials, or products offered by sponsors found on this site.

The materials comprising the http://wendys-girl.com news service (the "Website") are provided by http://wendys-girl.comas a service to its readers on an "as-is, as-available" basis for informational purposes only.

http://wendys-girl.comassumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions in these materials. http://wendys-girl.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. Further, http://wendys-girl.comcannot edit, control, review for truth or accuracy, or screen for defamation or obscenity any content provided to the Website by a third party through postings, uploaded files, or any other form of communication, nor can the http://wendys-girl.com ensure prompt removal of defamatory, obscene, inappropriate or unlawful content after transmission. Any such third party postings, files or other communications do not necessarily represent the opinions, beliefs, or positions of http://wendys-girl.com its owner, employees or sponsors.

http://wendys-girl.com makes no, and expressly disclaims any, representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the Website, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. http://wendys-girl.commakes no, and expressly disclaims any, warranties, express or implied, regarding the correctness, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and reliability of the text, graphics, links to other sites and any other items accessed from or via this Website or the Internet, or that the services will be uninterrupted, error-free or free of viruses or other harmful components. Under no circumstances shall http://wendys-girl.com its owner, or any of their respective partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, associates or representatives be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential damages for lost revenues, lost profits, or otherwise, arising from or in connection with this Website, the materials contained herein, or the Internet generally. Again, http://wendys-girl.com is a site for entertainment purposes only, and we bear no responsibility for those who accidentally confuse it for a "legitimate" source of information.

All materials contained in this Website are protected by copyright laws, and may not be reproduced, republished, distributed, transmitted, displayed, broadcast or otherwise exploited in any manner without the express prior written permission of http://wendys-girl.comor the author, authors or sources of said materials.

You may download material (one copy per page) from this Website for your personal and non-commercial use only, without altering or removing any trademark, copyright or other notice from such material. Any third party materials posted, filed or otherwise communicated to this Website become the copyrighted property of the http://wendys-girl.com and may be used, reproduced, published, distributed, transmitted, displayed, broadcast or otherwise exploited by http://wendys-girl.com

Disclaimer of property interest; requirements; effect

A. If by any means an interest in property or with respect to property devolves to a person, that person or that person’s representative may disclaim that interest in whole or in part by delivering or filing a written disclaimer under this section. This right exists notwithstanding any limitation on the interest of the disclaimant in the nature of a spendthrift provision or similar restriction or any restriction or limitation on the right to disclaim contained in the governing instrument. For purposes of this subsection, “representative” includes a personal representative of a decedent, a conservator of a protected person, a guardian of a minor or incapacitated person and an agent acting on behalf of the person within the authority of a power of attorney.

B. If the property or interest has devolved to the disclaimant under a testamentary instrument or by the laws of intestacy and is of a present interest, the disclaimer must be filed not later than nine months after the death of the deceased owner or deceased donee of a power of appointment. If that property or interest is of a future interest, the disclaimer must be filed not later than nine months after the event that determines that the taker of the property or interest is finally ascertained and the interest is indefeasibly vested. The disclaimer must be filed in the court in the county in which proceedings for the administration of the estate of the deceased owner or deceased donee of the power have been commenced. A copy of the disclaimer must be delivered in person or mailed by certified mail, return receipt requested, to any personal representative or other fiduciary of the decedent or donee of the power.

C. If a property or interest has devolved to the disclaimant under a nontestamentary instrument or contract and is of a present interest the disclaimer shall be filed not later than nine months after the effective date of the nontestamentary instrument or contract. If the property or interest is of a future interest the disclaimer must be filed not later than nine months after the event that determines that the taker of the property or interest is finally ascertained and the taker’s interest is indefeasibly vested. If the person entitled to disclaim does not know of the existence of the interest, the disclaimer must be delivered or filed not later than nine months after the person learns of the existence of the interest. The effective date of a revocable instrument or contract is the date on which the maker no longer has power to revoke it or to transfer to the maker or another the entire legal and equitable ownership of the interest. The disclaimer or a copy of the disclaimer must be delivered in person or mailed by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the person who has legal title to or possession of the interest disclaimed.

D. A surviving joint tenant may disclaim as a separate interest any property or an interest in that property that devolves to that joint tenant by right of survivorship. A surviving joint tenant may disclaim the entire interest in any property or an interest in that property that is the subject of a joint tenancy devolving to that joint tenant, if the joint tenancy was created by act of a deceased joint tenant, the survivor did not join in creating the joint tenancy and the survivor has not accepted a benefit under it.

E. If real property or an interest in that property is disclaimed, a copy of the disclaimer may be recorded in the office of the county recorder of the county in which the property or interest disclaimed is located.

F. The disclaimer shall describe the property or interest disclaimed, declare the disclaimer and its extent and be signed by the disclaimant.

G. If property or an interest in that property devolves to a disclaimant under a testamentary instrument, under a power of appointment exercised by a testamentary instrument or under the laws of intestacy and the decedent has not provided for another disposition of that interest, should it be disclaimed, or of disclaimed or failed interests in general, the disclaimed interest devolves as if the disclaimant had predeceased the decedent. However, if by law or under the testamentary instrument the descendants of the disclaimant would share in the disclaimed interest by representation or otherwise if the disclaimant were to predecease the decedent, the disclaimed interest then passes by representation or as directed by the governing instrument to the descendants of the disclaimant who survive the decedent. A future interest that takes effect in possession or enjoyment after the termination of the estate or interest disclaimed takes effect as if the disclaimant had predeceased the decedent. A disclaimer relates back for all purposes to the date of death of the decedent.

H. If property or an interest in property devolves to a disclaimant under a nontestamentary instrument or contract and the instrument or contract does not provide for another disposition of that interest, should it be disclaimed, or of disclaimed or failed interests in general, the disclaimed interest devolves as if the disclaimant had predeceased the effective date of the instrument or contract. However, if by law or under the nontestamentary instrument or contract the descendants of the disclaimant would share in the disclaimed interest by representation or otherwise if the disclaimant were to predecease the effective date of the instrument, the disclaimed interest then passes by representation or as directed by the governing instrument to the descendants of the disclaimant who survive the effective date of the instrument. A disclaimer relates back for all purposes to that date. A future interest that takes effect in possession or enjoyment at or after the termination of the disclaimed interest takes effect as if the disclaimant had died before the effective date of the instrument or contract that transferred the disclaimed interest.

I. The disclaimer or the written waiver of the right to disclaim is binding on the disclaimant or the person who makes the waiver and on all persons claiming through or under either of them.

J. The right to disclaim property or an interest in property is barred by:

1. An assignment, conveyance, encumbrance, pledge or transfer of the property or interest or a contract.
2. A written waiver of the right to disclaim.
3. An acceptance of the property or interest or a benefit under it.
4. A sale of the property or interest under judicial sale made before the disclaimer is made.

K. This section does not limit a person’s right to waive, release, disclaim or renounce property or an interest in that property under any other statute.

L. An interest in property that exists on December 31, 1994 as to which, if a present interest, the time for filing a disclaimer under this section has not expired or, if a future interest, the interest has not become indefeasibly vested or the taker finally ascertained may be disclaimed within nine months after December 31, 1994.

M. For the purposes of this section:

1. Acceptance of an interest is not acceptance of any separate interest given under the same instrument.
2. Interest for life or for any other period of time is a single interest that is separate from any interest in the principal or any additional interest in income that takes effect on the occurrence of a future event.
3. An interest in periodic payments to be made from principal or income, or both, for the life of the beneficiary or for any other period of time is a single interest that is separate from any additional payments to be made on the occurrence of a future event.

Title 14, Art.8, §14-2801.

Fair Use
FAIR USE NOTICE. Many of the stories on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in its efforts to advance the understanding of environmental issues and sustainability, human rights, economic and political democracy, and issues of social justice. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use'...you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

FAIR USE NOTICE. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, politica, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

United States Code: Title 17, Section 107http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/unframed/17/107.html

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include - (1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; (2) the nature of the copyrighted work; (3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and (4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.

United States Code: Title 17, Section 106 Chapter 1 - Subject Matter And Scope of Copyright http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/unframed/17/106.html

Subject to sections 107 through 120, the owner of copyright under this title has the exclusive rights to do and to authorize any of the following: (1) to reproduce the copyrighted work in copies or phonorecords; (2) to prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work; (3) to distribute copies or phonorecords of the copyrighted work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending; (4) in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works, to perform the copyrighted work publicly; (5) in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work, to display the copyrighted work publicly; and (6) in the case of sound recordings, to perform the copyrighted work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission.

FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to:http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

FAIR USE NOTICE. Many of the stories on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in its efforts to advance the understanding of environmental issues and sustainability, human rights, economic and political democracy, and issues of social justice. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use'...you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

FAIR USE NOTICE. This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, politica, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

United States Code: Title 17, Section 107http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/unframed/17/107.html

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include - (1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; (2) the nature of the copyrighted work; (3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and (4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.

United States Code: Title 17, Section 106 Chapter 1 - Subject Matter And Scope of Copyright http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/unframed/17/106.html

Subject to sections 107 through 120, the owner of copyright under this title has the exclusive rights to do and to authorize any of the following: (1) to reproduce the copyrighted work in copies or phonorecords; (2) to prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work; (3) to distribute copies or phonorecords of the copyrighted work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending; (4) in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works, to perform the copyrighted work publicly; (5) in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work, to display the copyrighted work publicly; and (6) in the case of sound recordings, to perform the copyrighted work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission.

TO: Members of the Faculty, Hoover Institution Fellows,
Academic Staff, and Library Directors

RE: Copyright Reminder

October 30, 1998

This memorandum provides a general description of the applicability of the copyright law and the so-called "fair use" exemptions to the copyright law's general prohibition on copying. It also describes "safe harbor" guidelines applicable to classroom copying.

The federal copyright statute governs the reproduction of works of authorship. In general, works governed by copyright law include such traditional works of authorship as books, photographs, music, drama, video and sculpture, and also software, multimedia, and databases. Copyrighted works are protected regardless of the medium in which they are created or reproduced; thus, copyright extends to digital works and works transformed into a digital format. Copyrighted works are not limited to those that bear a copyright notice. As a result of changes in copyright law, works published since March 1, 1989 need not bear a copyright notice to be protected under the statute.

Two provisions of the copyright statute are of particular importance to teachers and researchers:

* a provision that codifies the doctrine of "fair use," under which limited copying of copyrighted works without the permission of the owner is allowed for certain teaching and research purposes; and

* a provision that establishes special limitations and exemptions for the reproduction of copyrighted works by libraries and archives.

The concept of fair use is necessarily somewhat vague when discussed in the abstract. Its application depends critically on the particular facts of the individual situation. Neither the case law nor the statutory law provides bright lines concerning which uses are fair and which are not. However, you may find it helpful to refer to certain third party source materials. Guidelines for classroom copying by not-for-profit educational institutions have been prepared by a group consisting of the Authors League of America, the Association of American Publishers, and an ad hoc committee of educational institutions and organizations. In addition, fair use guidelines for educational multimedia have been prepared by a group coordinated by the consortium of College and University Multimedia Centers (CCUMC). These guidelines describe safe harbor conditions, but do not purport to define the full extent of "fair use."

The guidelines, as well as other source material, are available through a variety of resources, including through the world wide web site http://fairuse.stanford.edu. Stanford University Libraries & Academic Information Resources, in collaboration with the Council on Library Resources and FindLaw Internet Legal Resources, are sponsors of this web site. The site assembles a wide range of materials related to the use of copyrighted material by individuals, libraries, and educational institutions.

I hope that the discussion below helps to clarify further the nature of "fair use."

I. Fair Use for Teaching and Research

The "fair use" doctrine allows limited reproduction of copyrighted works for educational and research purposes. The relevant portion of the copyright statue provides that the "fair use" of a copyrighted work, including reproduction "for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research" is not an infringement of copyright. The law lists the following factors as the ones to be evaluated in determining whether a particular use of a copyrighted work is a permitted "fair use," rather than an infringement of the copyright:

* the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

* the nature of the copyrighted work;

* the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole, and

* the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Although all of these factors will be considered, the last factor is the most important in determining whether a particular use is "fair." Where a work is available for purchase or license from the copyright owner in the medium or format desired, copying of all or a significant portion of the work in lieu of purchasing or licensing a sufficient number of "authorized" copies would be presumptively unfair. Where only a small portion of a work is to be copied and the work would not be used if purchase or licensing of a sufficient number of authorized copies were required, the intended use is more likely to be found to be fair.

A federal appeals court recently decided an important copyright fair use case involving coursepacks. In Princeton University Press, et.al. v. Michigan Document Services, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit concluded that the copying of excerpts from books and other publications by a commercial copy service without the payment of fees to the copyright holders to create coursepacks for university students was not fair use. The size of the offending excerpts varied from 30 percent to as little as 5 percent of the original publications. Although the opinion in this case is not binding in California, it is consistent with prior cases from other courts, and there is a reasonable likelihood that the California federal courts would reach a similar conclusion on similar facts.

Where questions arise, we suggest that you consult the guidelines for classroom copying and other available source material available on the fair use web site, cited above. Please note that the guidelines are intended to state the minimum, not the maximum, extent of the fair use doctrine. Thus, just because your use is not within the guidelines, it is it not necessarily outside the scope of fair use. In the absence of a definitive conclusion, however, if the proposed use deviates from the guidelines, you should consider obtaining permission to use the work from the copyright owner. In instances where the fair use question is important and permission would be difficult or expensive to obtain, a member of the Fair Use Advisory Group (described below) or the Legal Office can assist in analyzing whether a particular proposed use would constitute "fair use."

Some photocopying services will obtain copyright permission and add the price of the royalties, if any, to the price of the materials. A request to copy a copyrighted work should generally be sent to the permission department of the publisher of the work. Permission requests should contain the following:

* Title, author, and/or editor, and edition

* Exact material to be used, giving page numbers or chapters

* Number of copies to be made

* Use to be made of the copied materials

* Form of distribution (classroom, newsletter, etc.)

* Whether the material is to be sold

Draft form letters can be obtained from or reviewed by a member of the Fair Use Advisory Group or the Legal Office.

For certain works, permission may also be sought from the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) which will quote a charge for works for which they are able to give permission. The Copyright Clearance Center can be contacted at https://www.copyright.com or (978) 750-8400, but it may be easier to go through a copying service that deals regularly with the CCC.

II. Course Reserves

Some libraries at Stanford will refuse to accept multiple photocopies or to make photocopies of copyrighted materials needed for course reserves without first having permission from the copyright holder. Other libraries on campus will accept a limited number of photocopies for course reserves. Consult individual libraries for clarification of their policies.

While the libraries have blanket permission from dozens of journals, obtaining permission sometimes takes a good deal of time. Experience in obtaining permission has shown that an inquiry addressed to a journal publisher frequently produces information that the copyright is actually held by the author, and four weeks is often inadequate to obtain such permission. Four to six weeks is considered the norm.

Permission may be obtained in a number of ways:

* Upon request, some libraries on campus will obtain materials for course reserve. In these cases, the librarian will write to obtain permission to photocopy or to purchase reprints. However, most libraries do not provide this service.

* Written permission may be obtained by the academic department.

* Oral permission may be obtained by faculty members, departmental secretaries, or library staff, in which case a written record is needed of that action.

Note that filling course reserve requirements may require two to three months before the quarter begins if the library does not already have a copy of the publication, if the publication is out of print, or if the copyright holder is not readily available.

III. Resources

Additional information on copyright issues may be found on the world wide web site http://fairuse.stanford.edu.

Questions about the copyright law as it affects faculty and staff in their University capacities should be directed to a member of the Fair Use Advisory Group (see attachment) or to Linda Woodward in the Legal Office (3-9751), who can put you in touch with the appropriate lawyer to respond to your specific question. Questions about library policy and course reserves should be addressed to Assunta Pisani, Associate Director, University Libraries (apisani@sulmail or 3-5553). Information concerning the application of copyright law to computer software can be found in the memorandum "Copying of Computer Software" distributed by the Library and Information Resources and in Administrative Guide Memorandum 62.

Thank you for your cooperation in ensuring the observation of these guidelines.

Privacy Policy

What information do we collect?

We collect information from you when you register on our site, respond to a survey or fill out a form.

When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.

Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on your site. Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet. Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy..

What do we use your information for?

Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:

; To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)

; To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)

; To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)

; To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.

Do we use cookies?

Yes We Use Google DART Cookies (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information

We use cookies to keep track of advertisements and compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.

Do we disclose any information to outside parties?

We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.

Third party links

Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.

Online Privacy Policy Only

This online privacy policy applies only to information collected through our website and not to information collected offline.

Your Consent

By using our site, you consent to our websites privacy policy.

Changes to our Privacy Policy

If we decide to change our privacy policy, we will post those changes on this page.

This policy is powered by Trust Guard PCI compliance scans.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

genesplicer posted:

This should be enough.

You are quite right. This is enough.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

troubled teen posted:

You are quite right. This is enough.

She would prolly let you smang whilst wearing ice skates and yellow rubber gloves

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Oh poo poo, now Im going to get sued by the owner of wendys-girl.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Can you hear me now?