Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

San Francisco 49ers

5. 2013 NFC Championship: 49ers 17 - Seahawks 23
The beginning of the end of the Harbaugh era's resurgent 49ers, allowing Seahawks fans to become the most irritating fans in the nation in the process.

4. 1995 NFC Divisional Round: Packers 27 - 49ers 17
The beginning of the end of the Young era with its futility against the Packers in the playoffs.

3. 1990 NFC Championship: Giants 15 - 49ers 13
Missing a chance at winning three consecutive Super Bowls, the Montana dynasty had reached its denouement.

2. 1970 NFC Championship: Cowboys 17 - 49ers 10
I include this despite not having been alive. The 49ers missed a chance at greatness a decade before their string of successes began, going to two consecutive NFC Championships in the early 1970s. This was the closer of the two losses and the one played at home. One can only imagine what might have been had the 49ers had success then.

1. Super Bowl XLVII
I hate this profanity of a game. I refuse to even repeat the score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I hate life right now but I like making lists, who wants to join me? Playoffs, non-playoffs, who cares!

Packers
5. Shootout vs. Arizona: OT facemask strip sack fumble bullshit
4. Losing to Denver in the Super Bowl: the only redeeming thing about this was Gunz which I don't even remember cause I was too young to appreciate those biceps
3. 4th and 26: there's a Wikipedia page named after it so you know it's pretty bad!
2. Today: I don't even know what happened
1. 2007 Favre game-ending pick: That might have been my favorite Packers team ever

4th and 26 sucked, but considering the prior two weeks (MIN choke vs. AZ and the Al Harris pick 6) I've come to live with it. At the time I don't think the Super Bowl loss hurt, as I thought...Packers are awesome, they'll be back soon.

For #3 - I'd put the 98 Wildcard game versus SF, where Rice fumbled late. Bonus points for the, 49ers kicking deep on the last play and Roell Preston almost breaking it (I think he made it past mid-field).

For #4 - I'd say the 95 Wildcard versus Dallas. Skinny Gunz reffed terrible game with a million flags, a Packers coach fractured his skull, Erik Williams blew out Jurko's knee on a cheap (but legal) shot, and a great back and forth game fell apart when Favre threw a bonehead pick in the 4th.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Super Bowl XLIX - Yes I am mad bro.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Seahawks

4. That 6-3 loss against the Browns in 2011, no pictures exist from this game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

lol that guy dumped his beer on him

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm not up on the team's history, so this'll just cover the recent lowlights.

New Orleans Saints

1. 2011 loss to the Seatte Seahawks in the playoffs. First team to lose in the playoffs to a team with a losing record. Marshawn Lynch punked the poo poo out of our defense.
2. 2003 regular season loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. After the greatest play in Saints history, John Carney pushes the game-tying extra point wide right, eliminating the Saints from playoff contention. They wouldn't have gone to the playoffs anyway, but I didn't know that at the time, so it was still super devastating.
3. 2012 loss to the 49ers in the playoffs. Vernon Davis ripped my heart out several times this game.
4. 2011 loss to the Rams in the regular season. Lost to a loving 2-14 team, which cost us a first-round playoff bye. This is more a body-of-work winner, as it typifies the Saints propensity for dropping easily-winnable games that cost us big in playoff positioning, see also: 2013 loss to the Panthers that cost us the division.
5. I'm too young for this one, but the Saints got their asses kicked in their first playoff game ever, a 1988 loss to the Vikings, 44-10.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.

Chifley posted:

I'm waiting to see a Bills fan post. Which of the four sb losses was the worst? The 1st, because it was the closest? The 4th, because it kept on building up each year after year? Or maybe peak sadness was achieved by the time they lost the 3rd, and had no feeling left by the time they lost number 4.

So many questions!
6. Get hosed
5. 2007 game against the Cowboys at the Ralph, the Billsiest loss in recent memory. You just knew it was going to happen, the only question was how it would happen.
4. 1966 AFL Championship game, lost to KC for the chance to play in the first Super Bowl after having won the AFL in '64 and '65
3. Music City Bullshit
2. SB XXVII. The embarrassment factor, and it had sure seemed to my young self that the fates had aligned for them this time after The Comeback. Only redeeming thing about this game was Don Beebe clowning Leon Lett.
1. Scott Norwood

(Dis?)honorable mentions:

1989 AFC Divisional Playoff game against the Browns in Cleveland, Jim Kelly throws an interception to Clay Matthews Jr at the goal line with 3 seconds left, after Ronnie Harmon had dropped a pass at the side of the end zone. Also Don Beebe almost died on the field:

1988 AFC Championship game, offense was completely inept especially in the 2nd half, blew a chance at taking on the 9ers.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

The Comeback gently caress that poo poo

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

5. 2010 Week 4 @ NYG: Cutler gets ultra-concussed after taking 9 sacks in the first half.
4. 2013 Week 17 vs. GB: Three fourth downs converted on the final drive to eliminate us from the playoffs.
3. 2014 Week 10 @ GB: 55-14
2. 2010 NFCCG: It still pisses me off how much poo poo Cutler got for tearing his MCL.
1. Super Bowl XLI: No Tommie Harris or Mike Brown, Sex Cannon shooting blanks, total waste of Hester taking the opening kickoff back (!!!)

Only been watching since '06. For all the Packer fans, this is what it feels like.

Filthy Casual fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 19, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

The Comeback gently caress that poo poo

That was the worst day of my young life as a sports fan but for the purposes of this thread I only considered Texans losses

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Hello. Seattle Seahawks fan here. My team has some losses too.

1. Super Bowl XL: Just a gross game all around. Featuring poor play by both teams and some lopsided officiating. It was a bad game to watch.
2. 2003 Wildcard @ Green Bay: I was helping my dad do some remodeling while watching this game on a tiny TV. Matt broke my god damned heart on this day.
3. 2004 Week 5 vs Saint Louis: Rams were down 24-7 in the first half. Tied that game at 27-27 in the fourth and Mark loving Bulger threw the winning TD in OT. First home loss in two years. I hate the Rams.
4. 2006 Week 11 and Week 15: Swept by the woefully bad 49ers. This was the beginning of the end for Alexander.
5. 2008 Week 17 @ Arizona: Mike Holmgren's final game was a sloppy wet fart. It was super gross.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Schwack posted:

Hello. Seattle Seahawks fan here. My team has some losses too.

1. Super Bowl XL: Just a gross game all around. Featuring poor play by both teams and some lopsided officiating. It was a bad game to watch.
2. 2003 Wildcard @ Green Bay: I was helping my dad do some remodeling while watching this game on a tiny TV. Matt broke my god damned heart on this day.
3. 2004 Week 5 vs Saint Louis: Rams were down 24-7 in the first half. Tied that game at 27-27 in the fourth and Mark loving Bulger threw the winning TD in OT. First home loss in two years. I hate the Rams.
4. 2006 Week 11 and Week 15: Swept by the woefully bad 49ers. This was the beginning of the end for Alexander.
5. 2008 Week 17 @ Arizona: Mike Holmgren's final game was a sloppy wet fart. It was super gross.

Marc Bulger was pretty solid at times. Don't know the particulars of 2004, but that looks like it was one of the years when he was good.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Volkerball posted:

Marc Bulger was pretty solid at times. Don't know the particulars of 2004, but that looks like it was one of the years when he was good.

Yeah, thats why he's Mark Fuckin Bulger. It's not intended as an insult. Dude drug that team back to life in Qwest after half the crowd had cleared out thinking victory was assured. It was exceptionally deflating.

I just looked it up on PFF. Brandon Manumaleuna. Thats a name I havent seen in a long time. It was a good football name.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Red Right 88

The Drive

The Fumble

In 1995 we lost the whole god drat team

The Comeback 99 (First game back stomped into ground by Steelers 43–0)

The Giants loss in Super Bowl 35

Bottle Gate

Our one playoff appearance against the Steelers. (Kicked rear end the whole game only to choke it away at the end)

Anderception 2007 AKA second Bengals game that year (At least he didn't throw 5 ints lol)

The 49ers loss in Super Bowl 47

Any time the Browns lose to the Ravens

Honorable mention quickly losing all the starting QBs since 99. (All gone most forgotten RIP)

HarlanHell fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 19, 2015

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Volkerball posted:

Mark Sanchez eating a hot dog on the sidelines because the game was so out of reach?
Getting beat by the Giants so bad that Antonio Pearce said it felt like a scrimmage?
Running prevent defense with like 3 minutes left, and Rivers drives down the field and scores the game winner?
Cutler owning the Raiders on the Monday night opener of the season? (take your pick which time)
Any time we've played the Dolphins?
Doug Martin breaking off like 6 80 yard runs?
The defense getting absolutely destroyed and Gradkowski eating poo poo on Thanksgiving day in front of my whole family?
Rolando McClain covering Calvin Johnson in a game we should've won, that basically ended our playoff hopes?
Jamarcus' first game where he had like the worst QB rating in history and we got absolutely shithoused by the Jaguars?

You are the wind beneath my wings

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Remember the time Jason Campbell posted a QB Rating of like 2 on the 49ers?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I try not to.

I love that every Raiders loss is so hosed up that they can be easily summed up by what went wrong in one sentence

It's never like "Oh they played a good close game but the other team was better!" it's always like "Oh yeah that was the game that they set the record for least first downs recorded in a game since the 60s"

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Darrius Heyward-Bey muffing a pass twice in the span of a few seconds thrown by Bruce Gradkowski, who was funslinging down the field. He inexplicably pushes the ball further into the air somehow which causes the game sealing interception. He instantly collapses onto the ground face up and makes no attempt to tackle the guy afterwards.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

King Hong Kong posted:

San Francisco 49ers

5. 2013 NFC Championship: 49ers 17 - Seahawks 23
The beginning of the end of the Harbaugh era's resurgent 49ers, allowing Seahawks fans to become the most irritating fans in the nation in the process.

4. 1995 NFC Divisional Round: Packers 27 - 49ers 17
The beginning of the end of the Young era with its futility against the Packers in the playoffs.

3. 1990 NFC Championship: Giants 15 - 49ers 13
Missing a chance at winning three consecutive Super Bowls, the Montana dynasty had reached its denouement.

2. 1970 NFC Championship: Cowboys 17 - 49ers 10
I include this despite not having been alive. The 49ers missed a chance at greatness a decade before their string of successes began, going to two consecutive NFC Championships in the early 1970s. This was the closer of the two losses and the one played at home. One can only imagine what might have been had the 49ers had success then.

1. Super Bowl XLVII
I hate this profanity of a game. I refuse to even repeat the score.

All of these, plus:

2011 NFC Championship:
Kyle Williams.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
1. 1999-00 NFC Championship. Buccaneers lead in the 4th quarter against the Greatest Show on Turf and hold them to 5 points. Warner hits Ricky Proehl for his only TD of the year on an absurd pass, and Bert Emanuel catches a pass that everyone but the referees determined to be complete thus creating the Bert Emanuel Rule.

2. 2000-01 Week 17. Bucs pull off a big comeback to tie the Packers at Lambeau. Gramatica comes in to win the NFC Central, misses, Bucs lose in the Wild Card round.

3. That Monday Night Football game against the Colts. gently caress that game.

4. 2005-06 NFC Wild Card. Bucs play the ugliest game ever against Washington and lose due to a lovely Cadillac Williams turnover.

5. 2007-08 NFC Wild Card. I was at this game. It sucked. At leas the Giants did the lord's work and beat the undefeated Pats.

6. 1997-98 NFC Divisional Round. I hated Green Bay so much when I was younger. We lost our 3rd game to the Packers after getting our first playoff win of my lifetime a week before.

The Eagles losses kind of blend together, and the 02 NFC Title game sort of eases the blow of those. All the lovely losses the past few years have been somewhat expected and kind of hilarious (I'm looking at you 12 men versus Cincy).

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Bears beating the Pats by a quadrillion points in the Super Bowl dwarfs all others for me. They went on that miracle playoff run out of loving nowhere, only to be so grossly outclassed that it retroactively invalidated the team's entire existence. They didn't just play lovely and have some bad luck , they really were that much worse than the Bears. Better that they should have never made it to the game at all. Or never taken up football, really. It just made the whole idea of the game seem dumb as poo poo. Our QB against the Bears killdozer is either Old Busted Uncle Steve or The Bitch? What the gently caress? What kind of assholes did we have to be to end up here watching this? Larry Bird doesn't even have a bad back yet, for gently caress's sake.

The Brady Super Bowl losses were just mild disappointments by comparison, they didn't make me wish they had never made it to the game. Even a Seattle blowout won't match it because I'll know it just means the Pats had a poo poo game at the rear end end of Brady's career against a good team, and not that some tragicomic cosmic error caused a 9 year old to have a cage fight against a grizzly bear in front of a worldwide audience that somehow thinks it's loving hilarious.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 19, 2015

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

in no order:

fake spike

buttfumble

mud bowl

1986 divisional game vs. browns

2004 divisional game vs steelers

vinny getting hurt in 1999

chad getting hurt in 2003/2005

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
The Lions once lost a game on a botched extra point following a Joey Ballgame TD drive.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
7-6-5. NFCCG 2001, 2002, 2003. Almost derailing the Greatest Show on Turf, no dice. Ronde Barber making McNabb his bitch and all those picks after embarrassing the Buccaneers the past two seasons, karmic. But only putting up 3 points against the Panthers was probably the worst of the three, there's no explanation for such an anemic performance (James Thrash, maybe).

4-3 are also a package deal: Week 17 and Wild Card against Cowboys, 2009-2010 season. Going into the Week 17 match, we were primed to get a bye week at 12-4 with a defeat of the hated Cowboys, after a late-season streak that nobody expected (this was the year that we lost to the Jamarcus Russell Raiders). Instead, McNabb puts up one of the most horrible games ever and they completely shut us out, forcing us to go back to Dallas the very next week where we barely perform any better at all, despite an early TD pass by Mike Vick giving us a peek at what he was capable of next season. It was a horrible end to McNabb's career here in Philly.

2. NFCCG 2008-2009. What a loving horrible ending to what seemed like one of those charmed seasons. DJax's rookie year, and our last year with Dawkins and Jim Johnson, everything was really in place for the last run of the "classic" Eagles. We slipped into the playoffs on the most improbable of circumstances at 9-6-1 on a hilarious drubbing of the Cowboys in week 17. Then we played as underdogs for the entire playoffs and beat the Vikings and Giants in entertaining games. Then we completely poo poo ourselves at the end of the NFCCG, after briefly going up 25-24. The Kevin Curtis drop at the end of that game haunts my nightmares. I think that was the last best chance the Eagles will have at winning a Super Bowl for a while, even with Chip at the helm.

1. Super Bowl XXXIX, without a doubt. We were so close, we had so many loving chances in that game. We bulldozed the entire NFC that year and McNabb to T.O. was the one of the most legitimate threats in football. I often imagine what he could have done if he wasn't injured (he still put up pretty gaudy numbers, even with the injury). Reid's playcalling in the 4th quarter was loving inexcusable and we just had to watch it slip away from us while Tom Brady hoisted his third Lombardi in four years. I haven't watched a single highlights video since the game, and I actually had to turn off the TV when they briefly showed some clips before Colts-Patriots yesterday.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

5. 2011 opening day against the Bills. The team just came off an impressive turn-around and were looking to improve on the building year of 2010. We got poo poo-housed by the Bills at home 41-7, losing Eric Berry to a torn ACL in the first game. Chan Gailey made Todd Haley his bitch. Awful.

4. 2014 Oakland Raiders. Winless team against the Chiefs and they got bullied. Just a sloppy game all around and couldn't get a stop in the 4th quarter when they did finally get a lead. Then on 4th and 13 with the game on the line, Frankie Hammond Jr was the target? Also, Eric Berry got cancer in this game they played so bad.

3. 2013 Wild Card game against the Colts. Blew a 28 point lead. They really had me convinced they were going to do it - they were going to break the playoff loss streak. I should have known better.

2. Lin Elliot. What a fucker. Another Colts playoff loss with one hell of a team.

1. 2003 No punt game against the Colts. One of the best offenses ever with no defense to speak of. If that team couldn't win a playoff game, at home no less, I fear the Chiefs may never win one.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Cincinnati Bengals - The Playoffs

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZZVH-gVk0

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Indianapolis Colts

Recent History:

1. Every playoff loss to the Patriots (especially the 2003 AFCCG but all of them really)
2. 2009 SB loss to Saints (but it was a good game)
3. 2005 Divisional Game to the Steelers (the ghost of Vanderjagt still haunts)
4. 2007 Divisional Game where we lost to Billy "loving" Volek
5. Every regular season loss to the Patriots

In short: gently caress the Patriots forever :(

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Filthy Casual posted:

5. 2010 Week 4 @ NYG: Cutler gets ultra-concussed after taking 9 sacks in the first half.
4. 2013 Week 17 vs. GB: Three fourth downs converted on the final drive to eliminate us from the playoffs.
3. 2014 Week 10 @ GB: 55-14
2. 2010 NFCCG: It still pisses me off how much poo poo Cutler got for tearing his MCL.
1. Super Bowl XLI: No Tommie Harris or Mike Brown, Sex Cannon shooting blanks, total waste of Hester taking the opening kickoff back (!!!)

Only been watching since '06. For all the Packer fans, this is what it feels like.

Not valid without the 85 loss to Miami.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
5. 2002 season's NFCCG against the Buccaneers. Ronde Barber is still returning that pick 6 somewhere :smith:

4. 2003 season's NFCCG against the Panthers. At this point it felt like we were cursed to be the Buffalo Bills of the NFCCG. Each loss was getting worse than the one before it. After this we had lost 3 in a row.

3. 2008 season's loss to Arizona in the NFCCG. The only NFCCG loss where we had a lead in the 4th quarter. And then Kurt Warner just marches down the field and I hate everything.

2. 2009 season's loss to Dallas in the playoffs, giving them their first playoff win since their Super Bowl winning days. Also McNabb's last game as an Eagle. And they absolutely crushed us. I watched the whole thing as some sort of punishment to myself, probably because I was flying back from Florida into Philly and had setup my DVR to record the whole thing so I could watch it unspoiled. I then, despite flying into Philly, somehow prevented myself from hearing/seeing anything about the game. I get home and in return I get this absolute turd of a game.

1. The Super Bowl loss to the Patriots. If McNabb doesn't have one of the most Jekyll and Hyde games ever (throws for 300+ yards but also 3 picks) we probably win. We had the ball with the chance to win the game at the end too.

Our worst regular season loss was probably this year to the Cowboys. I can't think of any other game that isn't during the playoffs that caused mass mental anguish in me. Dallas somehow onside kicked the opening kickoff despite it not being an onside kick. We came back only for our defense to turn into a limp dick. It basically ended our season. I made a really sad Christmas tree and posted about it in the GDT.

YMB posted:

7-6-5. NFCCG 2001, 2002, 2003. Almost derailing the Greatest Show on Turf, no dice. Ronde Barber making McNabb his bitch and all those picks after embarrassing the Buccaneers the past two seasons, karmic. But only putting up 3 points against the Panthers was probably the worst of the three, there's no explanation for such an anemic performance (James Thrash, maybe).

4-3 are also a package deal: Week 17 and Wild Card against Cowboys, 2009-2010 season. Going into the Week 17 match, we were primed to get a bye week at 12-4 with a defeat of the hated Cowboys, after a late-season streak that nobody expected (this was the year that we lost to the Jamarcus Russell Raiders). Instead, McNabb puts up one of the most horrible games ever and they completely shut us out, forcing us to go back to Dallas the very next week where we barely perform any better at all, despite an early TD pass by Mike Vick giving us a peek at what he was capable of next season. It was a horrible end to McNabb's career here in Philly.

2. NFCCG 2008-2009. What a loving horrible ending to what seemed like one of those charmed seasons. DJax's rookie year, and our last year with Dawkins and Jim Johnson, everything was really in place for the last run of the "classic" Eagles. We slipped into the playoffs on the most improbable of circumstances at 9-6-1 on a hilarious drubbing of the Cowboys in week 17. Then we played as underdogs for the entire playoffs and beat the Vikings and Giants in entertaining games. Then we completely poo poo ourselves at the end of the NFCCG, after briefly going up 25-24. The Kevin Curtis drop at the end of that game haunts my nightmares. I think that was the last best chance the Eagles will have at winning a Super Bowl for a while, even with Chip at the helm.

1. Super Bowl XXXIX, without a doubt. We were so close, we had so many loving chances in that game. We bulldozed the entire NFC that year and McNabb to T.O. was the one of the most legitimate threats in football. I often imagine what he could have done if he wasn't injured (he still put up pretty gaudy numbers, even with the injury). Reid's playcalling in the 4th quarter was loving inexcusable and we just had to watch it slip away from us while Tom Brady hoisted his third Lombardi in four years. I haven't watched a single highlights video since the game, and I actually had to turn off the TV when they briefly showed some clips before Colts-Patriots yesterday.

I like that our lists are basically the same except we swap the 2008 and 2009 losses. Except I do think we'll be back in the Super Bowl within 2 years. :unsmith:

axeil fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 19, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lions fans have already touched on 0-16 as a whole, the loss to the Cowboys two weeks ago and the Matt Flynn game, but here are some others that stick out:

-Losing to the Vikings on a bad snap for the game-tying extra point
-The Texans Thanksgiving game with the bad challenge flag on an even worse call and a missed OT field goal that would've won it
-Justin Tucker's 60-yard field goal to effectively eliminate us from playoff contention on Monday Night last year (the whole collapse of 2013 might be worse than 2008)
-"We'll take the wind. Let's kick it!" The day it became clear that Marty Mornhinweg was absolutely in over his head, winning the toss in sudden death overtime and kicking the ball to the Bears after they had just put together a lengthy drive to tie the game against an exhausted defense.
-The Calvin Johnson Rule, also against the Bears
-Against the Bears once more, when Paul Edinger knocked Detroit out of the playoffs on the last day of the season in a quarterback duel of Stoney Case and Shane Matthews
-Against the Cowboys in 2007 (another collapse year), Paris Lenon just needs to fall on a fumble to seal the game and fails; Romo hits Witten on like 40 consecutive 12-yard curls on a game-winning drive
-Before my time, but the infamous wide open Sterling Sharpe game in the 1994(?) playoffs. A precursor to Rasheed Wallace leaving Robert Horry open in the finals.
-That stupid Bills game this year where Alex Henery missed three field goals and we lost by 3
-The Jets game in 2010 where Ndamukong Suh had to kick an extra point and hit the post. Eventual loss in overtime.
-Germaine Crowell failing to get out of bounds against the Vikings in like 2000 or 2001

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

-The Texans Thanksgiving game with the bad challenge flag on an even worse call and a missed OT field goal that would've won it

JJ Watt was amazing in that game, two possessions in a row the Lions were positioned to kick the game winning field goal and both times he sacked Stafford on second and third down to knock them out of range

(If I'm remembering right)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oh, I forgot the Niners beating us on a 4th down pass from Alex Smith to loving Delanie Walker and the Colts doing something similar a year or two later with Luck.

This franchise :negative:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Some repeats here for the Seahawks but I'll throw in a few others too:

1. Super Bowl XL: Seattle didn't show up, officiating was awful (I'll accept Jackson pushed off, but I still refuse to believe Walter Jones held, Hasselbeck's chop block call was bullshit, and Rothlisberger should have gotten a delay of game), and we lost to the Steelers. I think we can all agree Jerramy Stevens is a terrible person.
2. We want the ball and we're gonna score: Why did you have to say that Matt, why
3. 2012/2013 NFC Division Playoff: Down 20-0 at half, Seattle came back to lead 28-27 in the 4th. What could have been one of the most exciting come from behind victories got ruined when Pete Carroll tried to ice the kicker. He missed his first "practice kick" and made the second, sealing Atlanta's victory 30-28.
4. 1979 Home loss against the LA Rams 24-0: I wasn't alive for this one (I reckon most TFFers weren't) but this one deserves special recognition for how inept our offense was. At halftime, the score was 21-0, Seattle had failed to gain a first down. In the beginning of the half, Jim Zorn hit Steve Largent for an 11-yard gain and a 1st down, which ended up being the only 1st down of the game for the Seahawks. Seattle ended up with -7 total yards for the game.
5. Bo vs. The Boz: A relatively bad LA Raiders team comes to the Kingdome against a pretty good Seahawks team. Bo Jackson ran over the team and made a mockery of Brian Bosworth. The local sketch comedy show Almost Live (the show where Bill Nye made it big) made fun of this for years.

The Mishap At the Meadowlands is an honorable mention, but it at least spurred the creation of instant replay.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Intruder posted:

JJ Watt was amazing in that game, two possessions in a row the Lions were positioned to kick the game winning field goal and both times he sacked Stafford on second and third down to knock them out of range

(If I'm remembering right)

3 sacks, 2 TFLs, 2 tipped passes if I recall correctly.

I don't think I have the stomach to watch the All-22 from yesterday but I'd really like to see just how poorly the offense played in the second half and why PFF graded the run defense so low. Looking back on the loss, it hurts a lot but I don't think the Packers were as dominant as I felt they were during the actual game. I might bump it down a few spots in my toughest losses to swallow. They still need more athleticism up front on defense.

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 19, 2015

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
No one has done Dallas yet? There are so many that I could pick from but here's some personal ones for me.

Dallas Cowboys

5. 1998 NFC Wild-Card Playoffs: Dallas vs Arizona: This game was awful and hard to watch and set the table for years to come with the horrible drafting and cap management. gently caress you Larry Lacewell.
4. 2006 NFC Wild-Card Playoffs: Dallas 20 at Seattle 21 - :romo: This started the stupid meme that Tony Romo was a bad QB in DFW that slowly spread throughout the nation over the years.
3. 2011-2013 Finishing at 8-8 and missing out on the playoffs in each of those years to each of the teams from the NFC.
2. 2010 Dallas Cowboys 7 vs Green Bay 45 - This team just flat out quit on the field. Business decisions all over the place. I'm talking about you Mike Jenkins. This also brought us the Jason Garrett era and tons of things have changed... like the team flat out quitting once things got rough... speaking of quitting.
1. 2008 Philadelphia Eagles 44 vs Dallas Cowboys 6 - :negative: I'll never forget their stupid theme song and it haunts my nightmares.

HM - 1996 NFC Divisional Playoffs: Dallas 17 vs Carolina 26 - I was so young but I remember being upset about this loss. The only thing I remember about this game is Sam Mills... This team could have won 5 Super Bowls if Jerry Jones did not have his head stuck up his rear end and hired his friends to coach and run the team..

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
1. 2005 Steelers at Colts
Bettis fumbled and I yelled so much and then Ben got the tackle that saved the game winning touchdown I was still pretty pumped. Manning makes 2 loving great passes and thinking the Colts are taking some good momentum into OT WIDE RIGHT gently caress

2. 1995 Colts at Steelers
HAIL MARY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Poor Harbaugh

Then it's:
Patriots: 2004, 2003
San Diego: 2007, 2008
Steelers again: 1996

In conclusion, gently caress the Steelers and the Patriots.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 19, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

sean10mm posted:

The Bears beating the Pats by a quadrillion points in the Super Bowl dwarfs all others for me. They went on that miracle playoff run out of loving nowhere, only to be so grossly outclassed that it retroactively invalidated the team's entire existence. They didn't just play lovely and have some bad luck , they really were that much worse than the Bears. Better that they should have never made it to the game at all. Or never taken up football, really. It just made the whole idea of the game seem dumb as poo poo. Our QB against the Bears killdozer is either Old Busted Uncle Steve or The Bitch? What the gently caress? What kind of assholes did we have to be to end up here watching this? Larry Bird doesn't even have a bad back yet, for gently caress's sake.

The Brady Super Bowl losses were just mild disappointments by comparison, they didn't make me wish they had never made it to the game. Even a Seattle blowout won't match it because I'll know it just means the Pats had a poo poo game at the rear end end of Brady's career against a good team, and not that some tragicomic cosmic error caused a 9 year old to have a cage fight against a grizzly bear in front of a worldwide audience that somehow thinks it's loving hilarious.

There's gotta be a couple more for that list. What about the 2006 AFC Championship Game? You know, where we were up like 21-6 and we ended up losing 38-34? Not only that, Brady threw a game-ending pick to seal it.

And that 1996 Super Bowl was pretty depressing for an 11-year-old me. Watching Brett Favre shred us and having Reggie White traumatize Patriots RT Max Lane so badly he ended up in therapy was pretty drat bad.

The two Brady Super Bowl losses wouldn't have been as depressing as they were if a) one of them hadn't come on the heels of 18-0, Jesus Christ, and b) both of them weren't against Eli loving Manning. Plus, we made David "I Am A Waste Of Perfectly Good Oxygen" Tyree famous.

As for the 1986 debacle, it's probably because I don't remember it that it doesn't bother me. I started watching the Pats right after they drafted Drew Bledsoe. My dad gets pretty bummed about it though--more so when I tell him we had a chance to draft Dan Marino a few years prior and failed to do so.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 19, 2015

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Athanatos posted:

1. 2005 Steelers at Colts
Bettis fumbled and I yelled so much and then Ben got the tackle that saved the game winning touchdown I was still pretty pumped. Manning makes 2 loving great passes and thinking the Colts are taking some good momentum into OT WIDE RIGHT gently caress

2. 1995 Colts at Steelers
HAIL MARY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Poor Harbaugh

Then it's:
Patriots: 2004, 2003
San Diego: 2007, 2008
Steelers again: 1996

In conclusion, gently caress the Steelers and the Patriots.

We're not so different, you and I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Gary "loving" Anderson
Favre should have slid
Giants 41 Vikings 0

• Locked thread