Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
lol if u can't differentiate the tastes even among popular american domestics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Admiral Bosch posted:

lol if u can't differentiate the tastes even among popular american domestics

do you think they drank beer in the freespace 2 universe

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

american beer is now superior to german and belgian beers imo. i will not dispute that germany and belgium have great beers but america now has so many different kinds of beer that are fantastic. you can find a best-in-class beer in essentially any style you dream of. it's beer innovation.

Well actually I'd say there is some styles of Beer where Germany, Britain and Belgium beat America (everyone has different tastebuds, :siren: opinions :siren:). The problem tends to be a handful of things, beer rate sites like ratebeer and beeradvocate being American centric. America doesn't get nearly as many British, Belgian and German beers that their are. So my US beer buddies can only get hold of very basic stuff like Fullers and Wychwood. Most the great breweries either wouldn't be able to supply the demand America would want or in some cases with talking to brewers it's just not worth it with retards to relabelling so sell to China, Japan and rest of Europe instead. Another factor is transport (one reason why Stone Brewery set up one in Germany), the fresh hoppy beers will be dulled to hell by the time it gets from Europe to America or America to Europe unless put on an expensive cargo plane (rather than cargo ship). In most cases.Europe has better access to better malt and America has better access to better hops.

The argument over which country does the best beer is stupid though when you get down to it, it's more so the best breweries as all 4 have some pretty terrible breweries. By the time I'm ready to go professional the brewery boom (UK has 1,285 breweries at end of 2014, most breweries per head of pop in the world) will have crashed down a bit to filter out the terrible breweries like what happened in the 90s.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 29, 2015

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
all piss tastes exactly the same, your move beer nerds

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'll take your word for it.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

have you tried eating asparagus and pineapple before hand?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Fluo posted:

:beerpal: sucks to be you I guess

It does because I'm always designated driver and everyone throws up in my car.
:negative:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

BambooEarpick posted:

It does because I'm always designated driver and everyone throws up in my car.
:negative:

:negative: I feel for you bro, I guess on the bright side you will have a healthy liver and must be saving a lot of cash :)

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Spanish Manlove posted:

see i like sangria as much as the next man but i dont have a vagina

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
fag thread of the century

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

gently caress da Mods posted:

fag thread of the century

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
actually i just bought some japanese plum wine

maybe ill marinade some pork in it

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I live within a few minutes drive from something like 10 breweries and probably twice as many wineries. It's... really hard to stay sober.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Concerned Citizen posted:

do you think they drank beer in the freespace 2 universe

Vasudan microbrew

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's refreshing to see you own up to your posting, Franco.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

RaceBannon posted:

I live within a few minutes drive from something like 10 breweries and probably twice as many wineries. It's... really hard to stay sober.

theres no good reason to be sober , fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

jackyl posted:

theres no good reason to be sober , fyi

Especially on the day of your arraignment.

• Locked thread