Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
rip cannibal

sometimes peepee went in his mouf

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
im not sure but i think back panther guy died. He was the one who got in a motorcycle wrekc, lost an arm and then bought a standard transmission car with the settlement money

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

life is short, post like you will die tomorrow

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
rip ts12

your suicide note was really bad

your life was a little sad

you tried hard and cared a lot and made a lot of lovely people mad

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope one day we can add some of you to this list.

No that was mean I'm sorry.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Brown Moses posted:

Two separate sources who saw him in person, even had the FBI visit me about it. I had one of his friends from Libya send me loads of his Libya videos that were either online or deleted or never posted. A journalists has been working on a long piece about him, so I've been helping him out with information.

Hey remember when you got owned hardcore by that Syrian chick because she Actually Knows Stuff? Good times.

Also Tofu is dead. He had lots of Colin Mochrie but also cancer.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

I don't know how war works, why is this funny or good?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Two Ton 21 posted:

Naw, McCaine's morals on his sex tour of Thailand was better.

deets?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Gatekeeper posted:

I remember a chubby girl with big old emo glasses and Super mario tattoos on her wrists who was murdered when a guy dressed up like her roommate and pretended to be feeding the cats or something and then STABBO and the chubby girl died alone and chubby and SA was filled with goondolences but I've never heard anyone ever mention it again so I'm not positive on this.

This is the worst fate possible. Nobody should have to die alone and chubby, RIP

Oh man, RIP Anime Micheal Richards

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Minimalist Program posted:

he went to syria, lied about being a medic and performed operations on wounded and dying people who trusted him with their life. He also went there to shoot other people so that they died. Then he got caught and tortured and died, and I'm glad.

Somebody pointed out that there was a mental illness he may have had that could/would have been cured by the fasting he would have gone through in the torture chamber. So he may have just snapped out of it like that.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
RIP goon's fingat

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
imagine regaining your lucidity in a torture chamber somewhere in the middle east.

talk about a bad day!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

bollig posted:

Somebody pointed out that there was a mental illness he may have had that could/would have been cured by the fasting he would have gone through in the torture chamber. So he may have just snapped out of it like that.

ah yes, the fat retard syndrome.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Minimalist Program posted:

he went to syria, lied about being a medic and performed operations on wounded and dying people who trusted him with their life. He also went there to shoot other people so that they died. Then he got caught and tortured and died, and I'm glad.

well given that he fought alongside ISIS forces and their sympathizers I guess all I can say in regards to him pretending to be a medic and butchering his patients is: good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

I like how the retard is telling the insurgents what to do. He's like the tard leader from F-troop. I was hoping he'd accidentally shoot a passing technical. Lol

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Looks like there are a good few goon obituaries in the saclopedia. These are the entries for the few I remember off the top of my head

- smb123 - died flipping his dirtbike, something like that?
- Punker99 - He used to do a Jack Bauer gimmick poster in 24 threads pre-TVIV, either died of an overdose or committed suicide
- Wasn't there a guy who was like mentally ill who asked TFR for advice on guns and proceeded to use that advice to kill his neighbors and then himself?

Hobohemian posted:

Borky, but I've never seen it confirmed.

There was a goon that was friends with him that posted a thread about it.
I mean we don't have photo evidence of him hanging from the rafters or anything but that's about as good as you're gonna get

Oddly, of all people it looks like the great printer carrier does not have a goon obit.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Disgusting Coward posted:

Who was that really odious dude from, like, 2001-2003 who had an avatar of a gun firing, and he died of some really stupid bullshit where he got an infected cut and didn't treat it and it killed him?

As I recall, his name was Icyfang or Icefang, or something close. I believe he was the first known goon death. I also don't recall him being odious?

And yeah, he died of an infected cut on his finger.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Mnemosyne posted:

As I recall, his name was Icyfang or Icefang, or something close. I believe he was the first known goon death. I also don't recall him being odious?

And yeah, he died of an infected cut on his finger.

He should have made his finger a fingat

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
scoots magoo died during surgery. just like joan rivers-sama (pbuh)

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
another notable fyad death was the guy who carved the names of fuad posters into his skin and abraham called the cops on him. he later killed himself outright i think. flashstickjustice??

client
Aug 19, 2010

Tsinava posted:

rip ts12

your suicide note was really bad

your life was a little sad

you tried hard and cared a lot and made a lot of lovely people mad

lol no he was he retard fucker

quote:

I suppose, in a lot of ways, this was how it was meant to end. The water tried to take me once and I’m drawn back to this day. Especially on a day like today.

There is a certain sense of irony involved in choosing to end my life in the one thing that’s always pushing forward. Even in this awful polluted bay, the water licks the seaweed and barnacle-covered pieces of rock. There’s some tortured metaphor in everything isn’t there?

When I was in elementary school, I often wondered if I’d get to be like Dad. I spent hours imagining my own reconstructed version of those stories. Initially, the base of these dreams was King Arthur. Endeared by months spent on that bed reading back and forth with mom, then it turned to Zelda, a black and white Gameboy game. The landmarks of St. Maarten all became transplants from that 2” by 2” screen. By the end of 2nd grade, however, it became your stories dad. All those years reading and imagining developed into that one strong fanciful King Arthur of New York. There is a special level of humility to all those tales. The triumphs and failings of a damaged man, certainly no less broken than the rest of us, but human, none the less.

My dreams and hopes have shifted since then, but that base has always been there. King Malone in the Volvo P1800 (with the broken headlights). These days, I’ve become more tired of remembering the past and wondering about the future. I’ve slowly watched that future collapse in on itself whether by my own actions or those of others and now I’m simply tired. My future is rubble and while below that rubble, there is still a foundation, my arms are weak and my tools are broken. My job is gone, relationships strained, and mugshot posted. Entropy is a funny thing I suppose. A house of stone may take a millennia to collapse, but it will collapse. Unfortunately, it would appear the imaginary building blocks of my future were far less sturdy.

Even absent that natural collapse, the sexual assault was too much. There was no adequate form of preparation available for that and no repair afterwards. What began as an earnest effort to help on the part of Amherst, became an emotionless hand washing. In those places I should’ve received help, I saw none. I suppose there are many possible reasons for this. But in the end, I’m still here and so too is that night. I hold no ill will nor do I place an iota of blame upon my family. I blame a society that remains unwilling to address sexual assault and rape. One that pays some object form of lip service to the idea of sexual crimes while working its hardest to marginalize its victims. One where the first question a college president can pose to me, regarding my own assault is, “Have you handled your drinking problem?”

My story is far from exceptional in this regard. Every two minutes there is another victim. 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail. 1 in every 6 woman in the US has been a victim of rape and 1 in 33 men. Despite this, every awful myth about rape persists. Society will continue to blame women for the clothes they wear (despite hard evidence showing no link) and continue to say, “You shouldn’t have been there” when 73% of rapes are committed by non strangers and more than 50% take place within one mile of the victims home. (4 in 10 take place at their home) Sexual crime is viewed as inconsequential unless the fabled “dark alley with a gun” assault occurs and even then, women face the eternal, “why were you there? What were you wearing?” badgering.

To hear men and women speak of our culture as some Feminazi PC nightmare is embarrassing. To act as though we are not to be held accountable for our words and language is even worse. Free speech has never nor will it ever mean immunity from criticism. Words and languages have meaning. If you don’t think what you say or how you phrase it matters, look up Frank Luntz. The next time you carelessly use the N-word or any other derogatory term, the next time you call some man a bitch or a pussy, try to think about the repercussions of casual slurs. If you’re angry about political correctness or whatever other worthless phrase you feel is necessary, ask yourself why you feel not only entitled to the usage of slurs but compelled to. Read some real freaking feminist literature and stop listening to Rush Limbaugh too. “Feminism is for Everybody” by bell hooks is a good start.

Sorry I ranted a bit, but please have someone read the last two paragraphs to whomever comes to say goodbye. I love all of you and I know this will hurt you more than anything else I could have done, but I’m tired and the water looks beautiful. Pithy a statement as it may be, “suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem” is certainly accurate. I’d take my own advice, but I stopped listening nine months and six days ago.

Mom, I’m sure you will blame yourself for any number of things, but I want you to know it is not nor was it ever your fault. If it were not for you, dad, Dan, Callan, and everyone else, I never would have lasted this long. I love you more than I will ever be able to tell you. Please go to Costa Rica. You deserve every minute of it. Besides, I hear they pack your lunch for you in heaven.

Dad, I imagine this will hit you the hardest . I want you to know that I still have that dream. Even if I’ll never get to see it. Please take care of your health. Callan will need you and so will everyone else. I love you dad.

Dan, Sorry about the $300. I’d pay you back if I could. You were right about most of the things you told me and I’m sorry that you’ll have to buy a ticket down as well. Take a break please. Find some way to spend time with everyone. I love you I’m sorry.

Callan, What happened over the last week has nothing to do with this, if nothing else, it was one helluva way to end it. Please study and work, You’re every bit as capable as I ever was. You can finish what I couldn’t. Spend the time you need to, please get A’s. I always wanted to name a son after dad and if you could for me, I’d be thankful. You are by no means required or even expected to. Do what you want to. Pet the dog too, she’s very nice. I love you Callan. You’re a beautiful girl and going to be a stunning woman. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Listen to dad and write down his stories cause I never could.

Sheng, Sorry I fell out of touch dude. You’re a great guy and I’m sorry that I’ll miss the parties. Make them count for me and even if it annoys you, try to take some Women and genders study classes. Tell nick I say hey (or bye I guess) as well. I’m not drunk enough to rant about politics right now, sorry. Either way, it meant more than you will ever know that you were such a good friend to me when I got back to Amherst.

Nathan- Freshman, you’re far too nice for your own good. No one dude, should be so willing to listen and talk. Sorry that I can’t give you the full story now, but I imagine the police report is funny as hell. Keep reading and do something important. Do me a favor and tell Sara Simonsson that my fake ID came in as well.

Everyone else, I’m sorry, my hand is falling off. If we were friends, remember me for at least a week or so. Please listen to what I said about sexual assault. There are millions more just like me that need help and no, someone who is drunk cannot give consent, fuckers.

Remember me however you’d like. I hope it’s a positive memory. If not, I swear to god I will haunt you. I don’t know how that works, but I figure I’ll have plenty of time to figure it out. Lead a good life, everyone.

The water looks beautiful

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Suicide Sam E. posted:

:rip: Evil Muppet. He loved cattes.

:rip: :cabot: Cabot. He was a cat, I think.

that was the cat that yospos cared more about then the dead yospos goon who killed himself around the same time

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Yeah, but you know, the cat was probably real cute while the troon was def not.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

raditts posted:

- Wasn't there a guy who was like mentally ill who asked TFR for advice on guns and proceeded to use that advice to kill his neighbors and then himself?

You're gonna have to narrow it down a bit more.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cthulu Carl posted:

You're gonna have to narrow it down a bit more.

puckins

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Tilala :( she was nice. First goon death that I remember.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
There was that one goon, Ninjaorca or something like that, who had an aneurism or was in a car crash.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rip roy of ca

Goon who was in iraq war, got ptsd, turned gay after an injury during a rapid descent in cargo plane, became army postman, then after playing eve and uo with me and some other goons came onto eve teamspeak and said he was killing himself, then drove into some parking lot, called the cops on himself, then shot himself .

Some details of this maybe wrong i don't know. I liked roy even though he was annoying and crazy.

Also typing on phone so gently caress grammar

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

real talk this is one of my reasons to stay alive

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
It was like ten years ago when I found my friend's pic in comedy goldmine. Some kind of terrifying/fabulous tranny photoshopped into a death amusement park; it was definitely him.
Don't know if he was a bona-fide troon as I've only recently bought my account, but he croaked of butt cancer in 2010.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
gently caress dead goons

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
There was Wren, who died of cancer. She made some incredibly sad posts about the horrible relationship that she had with her mother and was terrified of her own impending demise.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I'm not sure if it counts but 2 years ago had a widow maker heart attack at age 44 and died for 2 minutes. Luckily I felt the chest pains and was able to dial 911 before I died. Paramedics were able to shock me back. You will never be rid of me. That's how much I love these boards. Hell doesn't have SA so didn't want to go yet.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Tony Homo posted:

I'm not sure if it counts but 2 years ago had a widow maker heart attack at age 44 and died for 2 minutes. Luckily I felt the chest pains and was able to dial 911 before I died. Paramedics were able to shock me back. You will never be rid of me. That's how much I love these boards. Hell doesn't have SA so didn't want to go yet.

what is dead may never die

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tardcore posted:

There was that one goon, Ninjaorca or something like that, who had an aneurism or was in a car crash.

Forgot about him, yeah that one was a car crash. Wear your seatbelt, kids.

client posted:

lol no he was he retard fucker

So wait, was this a guy who got raped or a girl who got raped or

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 19, 2015

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Tony Homo posted:

did that experience prompt to your change your presumably piss-poor diet/lifestyle, or was it back to large-fry-double-cheese business as usual within a month?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I once knew this 60 year old dude who had a massive heart attack and then another one a few weeks later, he told me his doctor told him to stop eating salt and fatty foods immediately, so he told the doctor "I'd rather die of a heart attack then of heart ache", then he did die of a third massive heart attack a couple of years later. that was my story, i hope you enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Disgusting Coward posted:

Who was that really odious dude from, like, 2001-2003 who had an avatar of a gun firing, and he died of some really stupid bullshit where he got an infected cut and didn't treat it and it killed him?

I don't remember anything other than the avatar, but yeah, sounds like Icyfang.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread