Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Hahaha, that "bone broth"

quote:

The Los Angeles Lakers star has been drinking bone broth for the past three years and swears by its healing power.

“I’ve been doing the bone broth for a while now,” Bryant told ESPN.com. “It’s great — energy, inflammation. It’s great.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/kobe-bryant-hails-the-healing-powers-of-bone-broth-soup/story-fno61i58-1227187961002

quote:

Dr Cate Shanahan, the director of the Lakers PRO Nutrition program, rises before 5am each day to begin the process of boiling large animal bones (cows, etc) with vegetables in a large pot.

She leaves it for eight hours before straining the broth and placing it in a fridge where it cools and can later be added to various soups, including Kobe’s favoured chicken tortilla recipe.

Stock:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_%28food%29

quote:

Traditionally stock is made by simmering various ingredients in water. A newer approach is to use a pressure cooker. The ingredients may include some or all of the following:

Meat
Leftover cooked meat, such as that remaining on poultry carcasses, is often used along with the bones of the bird or joint. Fresh meat makes a superior stock and cuts rich in connective tissue such as shin or shoulder of beef or veal are commonly recommended, either alone or added in lower proportions to the remains of cooked poultry to provide a richer and fresher-tasting stock. Quantities recommended are in the ratio of 1 part fresh meat to 2 parts water. Pork, although a popular base for stock in Chinese cuisine is considered unsuitable for stock in European cooking due to its greasiness (although 19th century recipes for consomme and traditional aspic included slices of mild ham) and mutton was traditionally avoided due to the difficulty of avoiding the strong tallowy taint imparted from the fat.

Bones
Veal, beef, and chicken bones are most commonly used. The flavour of the stock comes from the cartilage and connective tissue in the bones. Connective tissue has collagen in it, which gets converted into gelatin that thickens the liquid. Stock made from bones needs to be simmered for longer than stock made from meat. Pressure cooking methods shorten the time necessary to extract the flavour from the bones.

Then he gets his astrologer over for a reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dig
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboys > Ninjas
if it wasnt for bone broth i wouldnt be as jacked as i claim to be on the internet

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Takes me hours to make that poo poo. First, I have to kill Larry Bird.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
quick, reinvent the restaurant starting with an endorsed broth stand selling "kobe's favorite supernutrient restoration liquid"

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
But this is how people have made broth/stock pretty much by definition :confused:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Homemade stock is pretty fantastic, OP. Put down the Campbell's and make some soup like a real man.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
But I've been crushing bones to make my bread. I don't have time for this "broth" poo poo.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
pfff bone broth is for pussies, you need to be eating sinew stew like Fedor "deadliest man in history" Emelianenko used to do back when he was stomping fools left and right

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2PlqXw03Y

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

proof of concept posted:

pfff bone broth is for pussies, you need to be eating sinew stew like Fedor "deadliest man in history" Emelianenko used to do back when he was stomping fools left and right

I wonder if that is Khash. Khash is pretty great. It is made with the feet of cows and you just boil the poo poo out of it for like 8 hours and it tastes like distilled cow essences. I have had it a bunch of times and it is pretty intense stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfBvOBFMyCo

Russians eat it too so it might be.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
soup is really nutritious and efficient because you don't have to expend nearly as much energy digesting food to get the nutrients.

• Locked thread