Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Thrash

Thrash has at least a vague idea of each group, and pays special attention to the ones that seem to already have a group theme, especially the Galaxi Girls, but more than that, one group in particular stands out.

"The Fraction Five." Setting down his guitar-axe, Thrash gives a short bark of a laugh. "Those are the motherfuckers funded by PBS, right?"

History (Fraction Five): 1d20+10 29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

"poo poo like that is gonna get you fuckin' killed." Thrash isn't really one to lecture, his father did enough of that for three or four generations, but he can't ignore a comment like calling their opponents 'competent jobbers'. "I ain't saying you aren't a good fighter, we all know how bad you fuckin' squashed the Hammer, but..." He trails off, and throws his hands up. "gently caress, I don't know. We gotta win before we can brag, that's all I'm sayin'."

Cyanide Suicide is a name that Thrash remembers, and if the rumors he's heard are true, then maybe The Sickness is more than the bunch of posers that Jenny Cyanide was once upon a time. It's a team of heels, to be sure, but then again, they've got "I think Glory just lost his goddamn mind" on their own roster. He has to wonder if this isn't some kind of upsell for whoever wins. Wouldn't be the first time. "Gotta be fuckin' smart about this. We're new meat to the big leagues, remember?"

Hell, what is their angle?

Rolling Religion, trying to piece together what kind of marketing spin might come out of this match. Specifically, are sponsors more likely to view the Tigers as jobbers, upstarts, or something else entirely?
Religion (What's the angle?): 1d20+10 18

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

Between the airport, the plane ride, and the limos, by the time Thrash makes his way into the Gala, he's more than ready to get his star power on (and be somewhere that he doesn't keep bumping his horns into things). Axe resting on his shoulder, he follows Jeska's lead on indulging in a snack or two. After a quick scan of the area, and a disappointing realization that the Galaxi Girls will be a part of the "fashionably late" crowd, Thrash heads back out to where he saw Billy the Skid.

"Hey, man," Thrash introduces himself casually to Billy, and fishes a pack of smokes out of his pocket. "Ya got a light?"

Bonding, through tobacco!

Diplomacy: 1d20+11 14
...or not. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

This guy ain't half bad. Thrash has to admit he was expecting Billy the Skid to be a different kind of person, but he can't complain about a pleasant surprise. After a quick pull, he hands the lighter back, and gives a jagged grin. "Ain't a problem, man. Golden instruments play like poo poo anyways." Leaning back against a pillar, Thrash takes another long drag before continuing. "Can't go too much into what I do instead these days. Industry secret, you understand. But let's just say 'righteousness' ain't worth what it used to be."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

Hanging out near the entrance really was a wise idea. Thrash takes his time in getting to see everyone bickering and going for each other's throats long before they even notice he's there. Jenny Cyanide's certainly preaching a punk message, but he's not about to just set aside all of his knowledge of her old behavior just because she can bitch about some rich folks. Nothing about their little back-and-forth with the Icons really surprises him, but he still takes a moment to mentally note that there's definitely a rivalry brewing between them.

What does surprise him is Psyche's approach. Instinctively, he starts filling his head with the most gruesome, horrifying mental images he can imagine. Mind reading's probably a bunch of bullshit, and he doesn't even remember if she's one of the ones who 'does', but like hell is he taking even the vaguest chance of letting some broad go rooting around in his skull.

"Twice-weekly sulfur baths, actually. Real good for the skin, does wonders for the complexion." Thrash pauses, but can't keep a straight face any longer. "Hahaha, nah, just fuckin' with ya."

Popping Words of Friendship to schmooze and flirt a little bit.
Diplomacy, with Words of Friendship, towards Psyche: 1d20+16 19
Son of a bitch.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

"Hahaha. The devil dancin' ballroom with a zombie. (No offense, man.)" It's a completely ridiculous idea, which is exactly why Thrash immediately latches on to it. Billy's words haven't fallen on deaf ears- people need to start talking about him again. Like hell is he going to poo poo on Arsenic's legacy by becoming a has-been. Grinning as the orchestra begins to play Viennese Blood, Thrash accepts the offer to dance. Unfortunately, not only is ballroom not exactly his genre, but it's a real trick to move smoothly when you have thirty pounds of horn coming out your forehead.

Insight (Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight): 1d20+6 10
Mother fucker.

Already, Johnny can feel the looks, but his mind twists and turns, and comes up with another bright little idea. "Follow my lead, Sarge. We ain't screwed just yet." First gradually, then with grand sweeping motions, Thrash begins to exaggerate his movements, both the sweeps and the mistakes. A zombie and the devil dancing ballroom is ridiculous, but a zombie and the devil mocking people dancing ballroom? That's a bit more believable, ain't it?

Bluff (Why, yes, I *am* dancing badly just to mock you all!): 1d20+13 28

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

If there's anyone who knows the importance of a good entrance, and quality pyrotechnics, it's Thrash. A lot of assholes have said a lot of poo poo about Arsenic and Old Scratch over the years, but no one has ever knocked the quality of their presentation. Thrash is the last to enter from the Onyx Tigers, waiting until everyone else has had their moment to shine. Then, the lights around the entrance darken, except for a red glow that seems to come from deep within the ground.

I'm the devil, I love metal!

Fire, not sprinklers or sparkshooters, actual burns-to-touch-it fire erupts from flamethrowers on either side of the ground, and the Demon Prince of Metal strides unflinching through them, thin billowing curls of black smoke coming off of him as he does. The presentation is incredibly over the top, which just highlights how understated his own entrance is. No horns thrown in the air, no showboating or flipping off the crowd. They know who he is. He knows who he is. Slowly and purposefully, he takes his spot at the back of the group, and grins.

-----

"Alright, motherfuckers, let's do this!" There's not much point in trying to order the others around. They're a proud group, and Siroko in particular is as likely as not to do the exact opposite of whatever he says just out of spite and pride. (And to be honest, he can respect that.) Planting his feet, Thrash lets a deep, thundering riff of his axe echo through the arena, and settles into a quick rhythm. He listens, finds his pace, and tears into the first song that feels right.

Minor: Activate Skald's Aura (Twice per encounter but only once per turn, you or any ally in the aura can use a minor action to spend a healing surge and regain 1d6 2d6 additional hit points. Alternatively, you or any ally can use a minor action to allow an adjacent ally to spend a healing surge and regain the additional hit points.)
Move->Minor: Activate Dirge of the Damned (Until the end of the encounter, your skald’s aura gains the following effect: Allies in the aura gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls, or a +4 power bonus to damage rolls against bloodied enemies.)
Standard: Ready an action to follow two squares behind the first melee fighter in our group who runs off.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 2, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

Thrash waits just a moment for Kuende's song to fade out, grinning with teeth bared to hide the grimace the smoke is evoking from him. He ain't the type of motherfucker to step on anyone else's toes. Once it does, though, he switches songs again, letting the old one reverberate through the air at the same time. This one is a cover of a cover, but gently caress it, he really loving likes this song.

Sprinting into action, the Demon Prince of Metal makes an about-face, dashing back towards Kuende and the edge of the arena. He spins on his heels, grins manically for the nearest camera, and lets loose on the chorus. "Die, die, die, my darling!" Words still echoing, Thrash charges parallel to the wall, and at the edge of the cliff, vaults himself over the edge. It looks for God and all the world like he's trying to leap over the gap and avoid the bridge entirely, but he's nowhere near going far enough! Just as he begins to lose height, Thrash twists his guitar in his hands.

"Don't utter a single word!" With all of his might, he swings the bladed end of the guitar, and feels it bite against Neil Arson's flesh. This was not a leap to get across the bridge. This was a leap off a bridge to hit a motherfucker purely out of spite. "I'll be seeing you, in Hell!"

(Luckily, the depth of the channel hides his rather less than glamorous fall from most of the cameras.)

Start of turn, take 5 damage from the cloud.
Move: Move to A6.
Minor: Activate Bolstering Speech. (Until EoE or I replace with another at-will, whenever I hit with an MBA, I can give one ally in my Skald Aura 4 (Cha mod) Temp HP. And yes, Dirge of the Damned stays active, too.)
Standard: Charge to A11, targeting Neil Arson.
As part of the Charge, make a Long Jump, aiming for A11.
Athletics (Long Jump): 1d20+10 12
With a running start, the result is divided by 5 and rounded down. 2 squares cleared. I reach A11 just as I start to fall.
MBA at the end of the charge, with a +1 bonus to attack and damage (TH Weapon Expertise).
Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+13 31 1d12+6 9
Hit! I use Bolstering Speech to give Siroko 4 Temp HP.
I then fall 15 feet, and am unable to reduce it.
Falling Damage (SICKNASTY JUMP ATTACK): 1d10 1
I take 1 fall damage, and almost stick that loving landing, but still fall prone.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 10, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

"Man, look at you motherfuckers go!" Grinning as he pushes himself back up to his feet, Thrash gives a nod of approval to his teammates. Siroko, in particular, seems to be on the receiving end of a lot of hurt. Calling out as he runs past, under the bridge, he shouts to her in particular. "gently caress 'em up, Tuuli! Ya ain't allowed to die just yet!" As for the other half of the team, Jeska is about to get boxed in by a couple motherfuckers, and even as tough as she is, it's starting to look like she might need a hand.

"Yo, Cyanide!" Hurdling up over the next gap on the seafloor, Thrash comes barreling in, keeping just a touch of distance between him and Jenny. Almost as an after thought, he takes a hard swing at Mei, who is tumbling towards him after Kuende's attack, swatting her out of the way. "You didn't think I'd let this fight go by without takin' a couple fuckin' swings at you myself, did ya?"

Move: Stand from prone.
Minor: Use Revitalizing Incantation on Siroko. She gains 11 HP and 11 THP.
Standard -> Move: Move to E8 (Edit: and take 5 damage from the poison cloud). My kingdom for a speed of 6.
Helpful reminder to Wahad+Jeska that you can heal yourself with my Aura for a minor. I'd have flanked her, but her turn comes up before yours.
Bit of a boring turn, but w/e.

Edit2: Apparently, Wol has said that I can totally charge Mei where I'm moving, so I'm gonna do that.
Melee Basic Attack vs AC (Retroactive Mei Charge, Bloodied): 1d20+14 30 1d12+6 12
Nice.

Edit3: MBA versus Raw Dog, as a reaction to stuff that's about to happen.
Melee Basic Attack vs Raw Dog's AC: 1d20+12 27 1d12+5 16

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 18, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

"Aw, you..." Thrash goes from great to loving terrible in the blink of an eye, and takes one final, blind swing at Mei as he goes down. "Motherfuckers..."

Use Infernal Wrath as a reaction to the OA.
Infernal Wrath (vs Mei): 1d6+4 6
Mei takes 6 fire damage, then I drop.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

Somewhere in the back of Thrash's brain, the announcer's words sink in. Gears turn. Plans begin to form. An artery bursts. Oops.

ODST 1: 1d20 7

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

"St-steel, huh?" Groaning, dripping blood loving everywhere, Thrash pushes off the ground with one arm, the other wrapped around his gut. He can't quite get back to his feet, but he lifts up enough to make eye contact with Jenny and grin- it's freshly stained red. "Well, I gotta admit, Cyanide. You ain't a total fuckin' poser any more. But see, here's the thing."

"You still ain't poo poo compared to me."

ODST 2: 1d20 20

HELL loving YES. Using a surge to push myself to 11 HP. Keep me alive for one more turn, and I can turn my aura back on and drop healing wherever we need it the most.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 25, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dramatic comeback post after I get home from work. No one else act please.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

Thrash grins at the commentators' words as he hauls himself back to his feet, and quite literally yanks Jeska back up onto hers. "Up and at 'em, girl! You ain't beaten that fuckin' easy, are ya?"

Move: Stand from prone.
Minor: Reactivate Skald Aura.
Standard -> Move: Move to F8.
Free: Use AP.
Standard -> Minor: Use Skald Aura on Jeska, who gets to use a surge +2d6.

Really sorry this took so long. Internet access has been unreliable these last couple days because of some living situation drama. No personal risk of being ejected or anything, just a lot of inconvenience. I'd planned to do something more clever or fancy, but I'd rather not try to juggle a post, the maps, and Orokos on mobile or hold everyone up trying.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 28, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

"God drat, that was a nice finish there." Thrash is grinning wide, a genuine thrill coursing through him. He's used to the stage, used to wowing a crowd, but to do it at Killer's Crown, and with a new team, is a novel experience. "You two been doing secret training without the rest of us?"

Ms. Graves? That name echoes, and a thought comes up, but Thrash puts it down hard. Aw hell, ain't none of my fuckin' business anyways.

"Go ride that high as long as you fuckers can, the first one ain't one to forget." He gives Kuende in particular a hard clap on the back. "You, too, Sparky. Me, I got a date with a new song idea that I ain't about to let slip me by." And maybe a bottle of pain medication.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

"Aw, gently caress yeah. I'm always up for a bit more ink." Thrash has spent most of the day since the match in the songwriter's meditation. Sitting in a room, plucking at a guitar and humming, and occasionally scribbling down a note. But he knows enough about the what-to-do to not give the sponsors the cold shoulder, and this news makes him really glad he was paying attention. "I've already got some really sick ideas I've been thinking about for a while."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

Two things come to Thrash's mind as he strides into the arena, in the middle of the group. First, that the rain made his pyrotechnics significantly less impressive than usual. A lot of dark smoke mixed among the fiery streams. But it's a passing thought, compared to the much more pressing one- this arena is going to be a real son of a bitch. The lack of mobility, the lack of any real ranged support... If he had his guitar, Thrash would be a sitting duck.

"Don't anyone go blazin' off on yer fuckin' own. We get separated here, we're all dead motherfuckers, ya got me?"

But he doesn't have his guitar. Every moment not spent training had been poured into two things: Constant, grueling practice, and cutthroat royalty negotiations. The Demon Prince of Metal lets a pregnant, bated silence hang in the air for a moment. He sets his shiny new shield, a piece of heavy black metal with a raised, demonic skull snarling in the center, under his chin and raises his sword, a cruel saber with a razor-thin wire extended across the inner curve. Laying the wire across the skull's teeth, he drags it across, and fills the arena with the song that's going to have him paying royalty checks until the end of his days.

"Now, what do ya assholes say we go kill us some motherfuckin' zombies?"

Minor: Activate Skald's Aura
Move - > Minor: Activate Bolstering Speech. (Each time Thrash hits an enemy with a basic attack, one of his allies in the aura gains 5 temp HP.)
Standard - > Move: Move to B4

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 15, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

"Jesus Christ, Glory, what did I just fuckin' say?!"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

This is a mobile post so I apologize for any mistakes.

Son of a bitch, that hurt. Thrash is nearly knocked off his feet, but he keeps to the song. No way is he dropping it already. In fact, this may be a great time to fight back.

Doing his best to hold his composure, the Demon Prince of Metal begins to focus on the other reason he was practicing so hard. Each note makes minute, reverberating echoes, turns the song into a scrambling tone, one written just for Eviscerator.

"Tigers! Let's show them what we're loving made of!"

Standard: Song of Discord on Eviscerator.
Minor: Use Skald Aura on self.
Move: None.
Song of Discord vs Will (Eviscerator, eviscerate!): 1d20+9 12
Well, that's a lovely time to loving whiff. Still, Eviscerator makes an MBA against Sergeant Hagen.
Skald's Aura Self Heal: 2d6+11 22
And I recover a respectable 22 HP.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

"Haha, drat, this is getting fuckin' wild!" Grinning wickedly, Thrash tanks the blow, and uses the momentum to slam his shield into the side of Vivisector's head. Machine or not, that's gonna leave it reeling.

"Don't tell me you got loving chumped again, Jeska! I know you're a hell of a lot tougher than that!"

Standard: MBA versus Vivisector
Melee Basic Attack vs AC (Vivisector is a dick): 1d20+13 28 1d8+6 8
Hit, only doing 8 damage, but that's enough.
Trigger Lesser Flash of Distraction against Vivisector for no action, dazing it until EoMNT.
Also triggering Bolstering Speech, so let's give Glory the 5 THP.
And a dazed opponent can't perform OAs, so I'll go ahead and...
Minor: Revitalizing Incantation on Jeska, who gets to spend a surge and gain THP equal to her surge value as well.
And finally,
[i]Move: Move to H6, to get my aura closer to the big lug in the corner.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

There's a short moment where Thrash is the center of attention- inarguable praise from both of the commentators is nothing to sneeze at. With a bit of a flourish, Thrash goes back into the next verse of the song, giving a wide, wicked grin. All eyes are on him. He's got to make this count- take this opportunity to show everyone exactly who Thrash, Demon Prince of Metal is.

"Tell you what, Doc! I admire your handiwork, so if you give up now, I'll let you keep one limb of your choice!"

He pauses, more for dramatic effect than actually because he expects an answer.

"No? Well, alright. Guess I'll be seeing you again soon! Jeska, let's cut this motherfucker to ribbons!"

Minor to use a skill. Intimidate, to play up my role for the cameras, just a touch.
Intimidate (Show boats and boat shows): 1d20+13 27
Then, pop him one with a Standard.
Melee Basic Attack vs AC (Thwap the doc one): 1d20+13 32 1d8+6 14
Bolstering Speech to give Jeska the 5 THP.
Lastly, I'll move action to Moment of Escape on Jeska to slider her to H8. Let's get our loving flank on.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash

Another victory. And a drat good-looking one, too, at that. Though, once the dust has cleared and everything's taken care of (and a moment of silence for inarguable badass Sgt. Hagen), Thrash excuses himself. His intention is to compliment Jeska on her throwing arm, maybe work out some kinks for the next time they need to do something like that, but stops when he sees Cold Iron Cordell and, more importantly, hears what he said.

Well, poo poo. He'd already mostly put two and two together, but this basically confirms it- and Cordell isn't exactly trying to keep it a secret. Taking a moment to work out a plan, he grins, and turns his Crown Fanboy up to maximum.

"Hahaha, holy poo poo! Cold Iron Cordell!" Crashing his way into the conversation before Jeska can respond, Thrash doesn't let anyone get a word in edgewise. "Goddamn! Man, I still can't get over that Old West Rumble event eight years ago. When you revealed that you were The Stranger in that fight with Ironhide, man, holy gently caress. I bet you must have worked really goddamn hard to keep that one a secret, huh?"

Popping Word of Friendship for a Diplomacy roll. Specifically, this is a combination of "Hey, I'm a big fan" and "Dude, don't blow someone else's secret, that's not loving cool."
Diplomacy (Please stop talking, Cordell): 1d20+17 25

• Locked thread