Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

"You're looking at the wrong people," mutters Kuende. "Focus on our first fight first, shall we? Then we can get to the messy business of looking at who is left."

True to her word, she calls up everything she can get off the net about the Sickness. A bunch of posers, like Thrash, right? She scrolls idly through the articles, looking for anything particularly of interest.

Insight: 1d20+10 24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

"I'd rather not reveal our strategy, or lack thereof, until it is time," agrees Kuende. She's yet to move at all, a disturbing, stock stillness impossible for someone who still had completely flesh legs. "And Jeska? Not all of us can change clothes. I prefer the Gala the way it is."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

To say Kuende is uncomfortable in this sort of setting is an understatement writ large. The only thing keeping her from not showing up is that not showing means not making it to the actual event. Worse, it exposes the fact that she can't leave her frame, breaking the careful kayfabe of Party Girl Kuende, and giving valuable intelligence to the enemy.

She looks around the room aggressively, looking for some weakness- some corner where she can insert herself and pretend all of this is intentional.

Perception: 1d20+13 26

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

"Precisely," says Kuende, seizing on the opening. "I'd rather be having a good time but the bosses wanted me looking fierce tonight!"

She plasters a smile on her face. "I'm lucky to have nothing but good sides. I do my own lighting, after all..."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

Kuende has somehow acquired a drink from a passing waiter. A bit of lubrication for a talk between two cyborgs- only appropriate.

"It is not as if I mind, Monolith. But don't expect it to earn you any mercy." There's an odd flash, a weird thought- would it feel better or worse to kill him after sleeping with him? Kuende can't decide, and decides that's a bit worrying, but nothing to do about it right now. Not as if she's sleeping with him, anyway- would give away the whole "can't take this off" thing and that would be a really, really bad idea to someone she's barely met. Even if he's cute.

Maybe after the competition. Assuming he doesn't get fried.

"That's not to say I'm not ok with some alone time, though. But not right now, for of course," Kuende strikes a dramatic pose, only half the emotion in her voice feigned- "I may kill you tomorrow!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

Kuende takes a moment to digest the motor-mouth's words. Oh. Oh no.

Co-conspirators. She'd always known that they existed, but for them to just get dropped in her lap like this...

Well. Brave face up for now. That's for later. Like, say, leaking that information, now carefully recorded, just prior to the match against the Galaxi...

"It is nice to meet you too, Grue. Those are wonderful claws."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

Kuende plasters a smile on for the worst part of her cover story. At least to make the most of it....

She looks around. Of course she's over by the light controls. The good part about the cover- the floor parts like the red sea as she strides over to the quiet lady watching the flashing lights.

"Galaxi Glitch. Care to dance?"

Not really waiting for an answer, she half-drags the most dangerous member (in her mind, anyway) of the Galaxi over to the dance floor, predicting her movements and working them into a brief dance. Robot legs. They work good.

"Good to see you again," she purrs. "Having a good time?"

Insight: 1d20+10 21

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

Opportunity.

"Pardon me, dear.."

Right as Jeska's speech finishes, Kuende winks at Glitch, turns everything on low, and fires.

All of it.

The room is briefly blinded with a blaze of multicolored light, overwhelming every light in the room and turning every shadow to nothing.

"Just a little emphasis."

Arcana: 1d20+10 27

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

A black stage. A shadowy figure.

Strobe lights kick on behind Kuende, but they just make her harder to see, momentarily, as her cannon-circle slowly opens and deploys, frame by frame. Then, there's a click. Click.

BOOM

The stage lights don't need to come on. All the spotlights and flashing colors originate from the circle as Kuende makes it twirl around her like a terrifying halo. She winks to the crowd, looking specifically for Monolith and Glitch, then steps forward, illuminated by her own power and wisdom.

---------------------

"Drat!"

Kuende hates this arena. The shell is heavier than its ethereal appearance would imply, making this slow going. But whatever. More time to do the fun part.

Taunting.

"I hope you have some paper, Mei- you'll never remember that whole list on your own when we're done with you. But don't worry your pretty little head- I'll give you a spotlight..."

Intimidate: 1d20+7 8 Standard (lol)

move to C5

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

"Tsk tsk, so enthusiastic," murmurs Kuende, looking at the brawl on the bridge. "Now now, children- break it up!"

Now for the other half of Kuende's party-girl reputation. Daddy dearest didn't only put lasers on his little girl- never put all your eggs in one basket. A terrible keening noise of directed sound rolls from cones on Kuende's back. Originally, it was just loud static, but Kuende, in deference to sensibilities, now replaces it with a specific recording for each fight, usually taunting a specific opponent.

For this one, it's Bratmobile covering Cherry Bomb. Neil Arson is watching closely and dances clear of the blast as soon as he sees the cones open up- but Mei and Ramona, the intended victims, find themselves reeling as the specially modulated sound gets into their eardrums and ruins their balance, teetering them on the edges.

Kuende blows them both a kiss. "Have a nice trip, darlings!"

At that moment, the music blares "GET DOWN LADIES! YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE!"

The noise passing by Siroko clears her head, and her eyes, giving her a moment to try and wake up!

Move: Scoot to B6
Thunder of Judgment vs Fortitude: 1d20+10 13 1d20+10 17 1d20+10 27 1d6+10 14 Whoops should have designated targets in the roll, but just going down the init list in order: Neil, Mei, Ramona, hitting the second two. Shoving Mei to E11 and Ramona to I14 using the Wrath Covenant Feature, assuming they don't save.
Minor: using Knack for Success to grant Siroko a saving throw!

K Prime fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 8, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

As Mei strikes home, Kuende grasps her by the wrist on her way out. "Overconfidence is a mistake, child. You strike assuming that I am some sort of defenseless flower this close-"

It is at this point that Mei notices the "Reactive Ablative Armor" label on the part of Kuende she just struck.

"-but I have thorns. Oh, and I only delayed them this long so I could see your face right now. Lala salama!"

BOOM!

Kuende cracks her neck. "Now, for the rest of you..." She looks at the seared part of her suit, and frowns. "Now you've gone and upset me.

Strobes begin to flash. Warnings, likely. "You know me. Always throwing temper TANTRUMS!"

When Kuende fires rapidly, each individual shot does little- you need to build up a proper charge. But the barrage she unleashes on Neil and Ramona leaves them staggering, and worst, it just continues, keeping that entire area under suppressive fire. Ramona's clothes catch fire beneath the heat, leaving her cursing.

The constant firing builds up a dangerous static field around Kuende. She frowns and gestures, and it discharges in the general direction of the other engagement, electrocuting both Sickness members near Jeska, leaving them twitching and unable to mount an effective defense.

She pauses the barrage for a moment. "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR UPSETTING ME!!"

Then it continues.

Activating Armor of Wrath, which does automatic 3 damage to Mei and blows her to E8, requiring a save.

Standard:
Brilliant Beacon (Arson, Rancid) vs Will: 1d20+10 16 1d20+10 27 Missed Arson by 1, anybody able to fix that (Thrash)? Regardless, 10 ongoing Radiant damage (Save ends) to whoever it hits, 5 straight to anyone it missed, and more importantly, they're now standing in a zone that gives -2 to all defenses and saves. GET THEM.
ACTION POINT
Lightning's Revelation (Dog, Cyanide) vs Reflex: 1d20+10 23 1d20+10 21 2d6+9 12
-3 to their defenses until EoMNT. Hit 'em hard, Jeska!

Minor: Beguiling Flash (Dog) vs Will: 1d20+10 27

Push Raw Dog back down the hole to K5.

Move to A7

K Prime fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 16, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende
I'm just going to go after Siroko because otherwise this would get excessively confusing.

Kuende watches Mei hit the dirt next to her with a smirk. "Dear girl, I don't waste my time competing in that manner. Defeat is defeat."

She "accidentally" elbows Mei right in the face while "considering" her options. "Right. The rest of you, then.."

Raw Dog and Cyanide. The toughest pair. Well, tough is one thing.

Rather than standing up, Kuende just rolls forward (conveniently directly over Mei) until she sees Raw Dog's head pop up over the horizon. "Got you..."

Her cannon barrage resumes on his position, surrounding him and Cyanide in a nimbus of light.

The man is still standing on an edge! Kuende levels a big gun, smirks, and fires.

Minor: Sustain Zone
Move: Crawl (who forgot this action existed? I sure did.) forward 2 to C7. If that doesn't give me sightline on Raw Dog, let me know and I'll change tacks. As part of the move, move my zone to center H8.

Standard:Sun Strike vs Reflex (dog): 1d20+13 32 1d8+12 18 pushing him to J8 and dumping him in the hole. Again. Remember that he still has that -2 save penalty until my turn resolves! Also I'm not sure if I'm using the penalty rules appropriately because he has both a -2 and a -3 defense penalty right now. Either way, that hits so it doesn't matter this time, but what's the rule on that again? I want to say they stack.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 19, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

Rebooting... failure. Retry y/n?

ODST: 1d20 4

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

d'oh

K Prime fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 25, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

Kuende takes the friendly cuff with an expression that implies that while she understands the purpose and will tolerate, by god she's not going to like it. "We could have done better out there. Glory, you did an excellent job rallying at the end there but going down so hard early cost us a lot of momentum. That let them split us up. Luckily, their split was weaker than our split at the end but we've got to stick together more- not all of us are as agile as you or Siroko... speaking of." She finally cracks a smile. "Nice job taking advantage there. That was worth getting stabbed."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

"At the end of the day, a bunch of puppets controlled by a moron are not really a concern," laughs Kuende. "Now, the Galaxi... there's a team that will put up a good fight. I'm looking forward to that one."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

"What did I say about splitting..." sighs Kuende. "Whatever."

She pauses for a moment longer, posing with her lights continuing to shine even through the driving rain. "I guess that makes them floodlights!" she'd joked with a reporter on the way in, but inside, she's worried- all that refractive water in the air is going to play merry hell with her ability to work here. Only one solution really.

Kuende grins. "King of the Hill."

She grabs Jeska's shoulder, shouting over the pouring rain. " Let's get inside the shack- can you open me a firing window? Without knocking it down?"

Either way, Kuende's getting the hell out of the rain. With a grunt of effort, she hauls the frame through the water and into the shack.

Double move to D4

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

Kuende peeks out into the rain around the shack, and curses her luck a little. There's a great shot to be taken, but a fair risk of eating crow if things don't go according to plan.

"Well, nothing ventured-" she trods through the water one more time- "Nothing gained!"

Undead may be somewhat resistant to the cold and damp, but she's pretty sure the waves will still give Hagen a nasty wakeup.

Well, that.

And the lightshow.

"LET THERE BE LIGHT!"

Hagen is blasted by a series of precise shots that avoid his attempts at cover, and send him toppling into the crashing waves below.

Move to F5
Sun Strike vs Reflex: 1d20+10 22 1d8+9 11
Push Hagen to K5. Incoming water!

K Prime fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 16, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

"Well, well, well.That's a mistake."

The good doctor likes his pack hunter tactics, thinks Kuende. And he probably thinks I'll be crippled in this weather.

Time to prove him wrong.

"Wide angle pulse mode! Anti-shadow mode! SOLAR! FLARE!!"

With a whining noise that punches through the crashing rain like the high-pitched shriek of god, a flash of searing light envelops the entire brawl going on in front of Kuende. "SPARKLE! FLASH!"

Specially Calibrated. Perfectly Executed. Undead Ruining.

That's the Sparklekiller.

Rebuke Undead vs Will (Viv, Evis, Hagen, Atom): 1d20+10 16 1d20+10 19 1d20+10 17 1d20+10 16 2d10+9 16
thanks to -2 to defenses that nails all of them except Hagen (and Atomizer, who I realized post-facto I miscounted squares to). Hagen takes half. Eviscerator and Vivisector are dazed UEoMNT. Eviscerator is pushed back 2 squares. I choose to expend any push on Vivisector by smacking him into the wall, or in mechanics not using it.
Move: None
Minor: Deliverance of Faith Arrogance- I spend 1 surge and gain 11 THP

K Prime fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 3, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

"It will be a privilege to destroy such a foul creation," mutters Kuende in a tired voice. "You're a foul creation, I'm a foul creation. Focus on the bit about destroying. Punish without distinction. We are hunters- our prey is always inferior."

Kuende snarls with anger, stepping forward with stomping feet. "LET'S SEE YOU RESIST THIS!"

Behind the scream a magnified roar of sound sweeps the area, rattling metal and bone. This isn't so bad for most- but dead flesh and metal is less resistant than live. The noise rattles through the three undead/machine monstrosities nearest her, ripping through and stunning Vivisector and Eviserator. Atomizer manages to remain clinging to its perch, despite Kuende turning up the heat on him specifically. She glares. She's going to have to deal with that one.

Move: H6
Standard:Thunder of Judgment vs Fortitude (Evis, Vivi, Atom): 1d20+10 28 1d20+10 28 1d20+10 19 1d6+10 11
Minor: Beguiling Flash vs Will (Atom): 1d20+10 13
Evis and Vivi are now dazed UEoMNT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende

One last thing before Kuende goes.

Once a tournament or so Kuende always makes a brief appearance without as much of her frame that can be safely detached without compromising, the remainder and wearing a costume that covers up what's left. Keeping up appearances. This is a good an opportunity as any- the drat thing is waterlogged and needs to be thoroughly cleaned out regardless.

Kuende steps out in a wonderful gown (Not, of course, by Savuginy. Not right now,) a deep royal purple with yellow highlighting on the hems. Her gowns are carefully cut to be suggestive without revealing the ports on her back, or the fact that her feet have been replaced with digitigrade clampers (cunningly disguised in specialized high heels.)

Kuende sweats behind her plastered on smile. She feels naked. This is awful, as always, but you gotta keep the image up.

Game face on girl. Make the crowd know you're there.

Intimidate: 1d20+7 23

• Locked thread