Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Jeska

She'd been casually reading through an ebook when Nadima bounced into the room, full of energy and cheer. Although uninterested at first, Jeska quickly stops reading as the PR-lady shows a bracket of the teams. Immediately, her attention is fixed on the screen, her eyes pensive and grave rather than relaxed and kind. Most of everybody else's comments go by her head as she studies the teams.

The first one that draws her attention is not the immediate fight, however. Rather, her eyes are drawn to the horrorshow of Szsarek's Dungeon. Undead gimmicks weren't uncommon - not after her dad catapulted to popularity with it - but to find a whole team of it concerned her, especially with one of them leading a whole pack. They could be nothing, relying on their creepy factor to unnerve and unbalance... or they could be actual killing machines, which worried her. What did she know about this doctor...?

History for 1d20+10=25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jessica idly wraps a lock of her hair around her finger, looking at it pensively. "I suppose we'll have to roll out the gimmicks for the gala too, huh? Shame. I was looking forward to getting to wear a nice dress for once." Then Glory makes his suggestion, through his interrupted, odd way of speaking, and her eyes focus on him. A hint of the quiet intensity she'd shown in her amateur fights might've been detected, but she smiles and it's gone. "The sparring sounds good, though! It'll be nice to have a warmup."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jeska lets out a low whistle as she enters the building. "Impressive." The decor is pretty good, but her eyes quickly move across the crowd. It's a little different to see the contenders up close, as opposed to pictures on a screen. Then the servants come up, and she takes a bite of some fancy little nothing, and the party really gets started. "Oh man! This is really good." Taking a few of the odd but delicious little snacks in her hand, she wanders off into the main floor. Sometimes, being a primeval warrior with no concept of modern manners has its benefits.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

She finishes the last of her delicious snacks as she listens to Hagen. As it turns out, trying to get the undead to speak is like trying to get the engine of an antique car to start. Lots of wheezing and rattling and maybe you'll get something useful in the end. "Thanks!" she says enthusiastically, flexing a little, "you, on the other hand, look like you're about to fall apart with a stiff breeze. Doctor didn't get much out of you, did he? Granted, he doesn't get much out of any of his creations, but you just look particularly pitiful. You don't even have claws or one-a dem big sharp whirly things. Bet I could break you if I just shoved you around a bit too hard. So what do you bring to the team, huh? You must have something up that hollow ribcage of yours."

Intimidate at 1d20+11=...15. Not the best start.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

A long moment passes where Jeska doesn't budge, an immoveable force looming over the rotting corpse. Her expression is calm, but her eyes burn with a dreadful fury. Laughing at her usually left people without some part of their body...but that was in the arena, not here. It would probably be bad form to tear open a contender at the opening gala. So with a chuckle, she steps aside. "Well, can't blame me for trying, right? We'll see how well you hold up out there, Hagen. Don't fall apart before I get a chance to make you." With a gesture of greeting, she walks off. His idea of getting a drink wasn't too bad. Maybe somebody more interesting would show up...or maybe she could overhear some folks talking without having to butt in. Sure, she wasn't too subtle, but that wouldn't prevent her from trying to eavesdrop.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jeska listens thoughtfully. Dominga's plan was dangerous at best, but then, the Paleolithic Primadonna was never one to shy away from danger. When the punk looked at her expectantly, she smiled carefully. "Well...I can arrange a big distraction, and get everybody to look the other way. But these hands were made for breaking people - like I break people in the Arena, whenever we face off - , not robbing them." To emphasize the point, she clenches her fists, flexing muscles that were - of course - prominently on display, even if her expression remains perfectly amicable. "So I think you should be doing the acquiring, while I go fix the situation for you, eh?"

Rolling Intimidate by showing off to convince Dominga to do it my way. 1d20+11=28

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

"Oh, joy, here comes somebody original," Jeska drawls with a flat stare, "gee, ms. cavewoman, you sure are strong and stupid." Her gaze falls over Whisper's rags, looking thoroughly unimpressed. "You call me blind, little ragdoll, but I've seen you before. I know which part of you will break first." She leans in slowly. Her physique as it was, it came in pretty handy when looming over people. "I wonder if you know yourself as well as I do, though...? Do you know what your weakness is? Or are you going to quiver under those rags at night, knowing that I know how to break you as easy as...that?" The snapping of her fingers breaks the silence right between two songs.

History at 1d20+10=18. to find some embarassing fact about Whisper's performance so far. Or two, or three.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

"You'd be surprised how many problems I can solve with a good hit," Jeska laughs, shaking her head. But her expression goes flat once again and she adds, in a slightly louder voice so that a few of the surrounding competitors might hear her: "Refraction Man might be retired, Whisper. But if you bothered to read up on your opposition, you would have seen you weren't facing just me. All I need is my teammate - Sparklekiller, heard of her? - to light up the place, and you're going to have nowhere to hide. How much do you want to bet I can make you explode just as well as your old buddy Ref, eh?"

The soft glare in her eyes turns more intense, a burning fury bright enough to chase away any darkness that might oppose her. "Stick to the shadows and fade away while you can. I'll be taking the spotlight these Games." Then, with arms spread and muscles taut, as if coiled to spring at any moment, she turns to the hall, her voice loud and demanding even over the music. "And that goes for all of you! No matter what you bring to the arena. Make no mistake! I see your weakness, and I will crush you all! You can not run! You can not hide! And whatever you're made of, you will bleed!"

Time to cause a scene. Room-wide Intimidate at 1d20+11=26.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

In the entranceway, an image flickers to life as music begins to swell.

A face appears, bloodied thoroughly, though the triumphant expression indicates the blood isn't hers. Jagged Jeska, the Queen of Cavemen, stares down menacingly over the arena in the form of a projected image which seems as real as the woman herself, save for the fact that it's many times bigger.

The music breaks down into a pounding rhythm, and the crowd is verbally assaulted by a list of actions that show them that the title of 'Cruel Monarch of Cro-Magnon' is well-deserved. The mouth splits into a hungry smile as the tagline sets in, and the tall, intimidating woman strides forth onto the arena, the same expression on her face. I am out for blood / Out for your blood! There is little else in the way of pyrotechnics, and as the blown-up image of her face breaks out into a mocking laughter...and fades.

---

The moment Raw Dog charges into the center of the pit, Jeska's face warps into a cruel grin. A sharp whistle draws her teammate's attentions as she strides casually forward, motioning towards Tuuli to be on guard. Then, as she arrives at the edge of the cliff, right above Raw Dog, she crouches and looks down on him. "Hey, moron. You know how cavemen hunt big, dumb animals?" she says, a line no doubt drawing some curiosity from the crowd, "Of course you don't. First, we distract 'em..." And with that she sweeps one leg off the ledge she's resting on and kicks him squarely in the face.

The punk's enraged roar would surely haunt the nightmares of many of his former victims - but Jeska keeps her face unimpressed, even as he lashes out at her with a lightning-covered fist. "And then we make 'em fall." Her teammate follows up punctually with another ice-bolt, much like the one she'd thrown at Mei.

Move; to H8
Standard; Brash Assault Raw Dog at 1d20+13=32. Damage for 1d12+6=13. Raw Dog gets an MBA with combat advantage against me, which by DM say-so he takes. Tuuli thus gets to Dragonfrost him with CA for a roll of 1d20+13. Damage for 1d8+11=19 and RD is pushed to J8, gets a saving throw to avoid falling.

pre:
Jeska   						 
HP: 51/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 9/9 (V: 12)      For:  21    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 20    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Giant

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Brash Assault           [ ] Blade of Nightmares              [ ] Blade of Black WInd
Ferocious Strike        [ ] Call of Challenge                [ ] Blood of the Mighty
                        [ ] Dread Smite                      [ ] Staggering Spin
                        [ ] Inspiring Word
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Stone's Endurance
                        [ ] Vengeance is Mine

Item Powers
N/A

MBA(+CA): 1d20+13(15) with 1d12+6(11) damage
MBA(+CA) while bloodied or adjacent to bloodied: 1d20+13(15) with 1d12+10(13) damage

Conditionals/Resists:
Combat Leader: Me and allies within 10 that can hear/see me get +2 initiative.
Disciple of Freedom: +5 to escape checks. When immobilized, slowed, or restrained (SE), 
make a save at the start as well as the end of turn.
Haunted Blade: When using Intimidate, roll twice  and use either result.
Markings of the Victor: First attack roll each encounter, roll twice and use either result.
Powerful Athlete: When making an Athletics Check to jump or climb, roll twice and use either result.
Superior Will: When dazed or stunned, make can make a saving throw at the start of turn,
even if that effect doesn't normally end on a save.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 11, 2015

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jeska grimaces, spitting out some blood at Jenny beside her. "Almost got me there, Jenny," she says, her grimace turning into a grin, "almost. But almost isn't good enough." Her signature broken blade rakes across Jenny's arm, leaving a trail of ragged flesh - and it seems she hit an artery, as the blood flows much too freely. Despite the bad hits she's taken, Jeska seems indomitable, standing tall and unbroken - despite the blood staining her skin and garb. "You gotta do better...or you're not going to survive this fight."

Start of my turn; take 5 poison, down to 4 hp.
Minor; Inspiring Word on myself to regain 12+2d6=18 and heal back up to 22.
Minor; Stone's Endurance, gain resist 5 UEOMNT
Standard; Ferocious Strike Jenny at 1d20+13=22. Damage for 1d12+15-5=14 and I get combat advantage against the first enemy I attack before the end of my next turn.
Free; Dread Smite - Jenny takes 5 cold/necro damage, and 5 ongoing cold/necro damage (save ends)
End of turn; Save vs Ongoing at 1d20=9. Good thing I'm super tough.

pre:
Jeska   						 
HP: 22/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 8/9 (V: 12)      For:  21    Passive Perception: 12

Brash Assault           [ ] Blade of Nightmares              [ ] Blade of Black WInd
Ferocious Strike        [ ] Call of Challenge                [ ] Blood of the Mighty
                        [X] Dread Smite                      [ ] Staggering Spin
                        [X] Inspiring Word
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [X] Stone's Endurance
                        [ ] Vengeance is Mine

Item Powers
N/A

MBA(+CA) while bloodied or adjacent to bloodied: 1d20+13(15) with 1d12+10(13) damage

Conditionals/Resists:
Disciple of Freedom: +5 to escape checks. When immobilized, slowed, or restrained (SE), 
Markings of the Victor: First attack roll each encounter, roll twice and use either result.
Powerful Athlete: When making an Athletics Check to jump or climb, roll twice and use either result.
Superior Will: When dazed or stunned, make can make a saving throw at the start of turn,

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jeska is not going down without a fight. Blood is everywhere, but her blade flies with reckless power. "No! You do not get to - " And then his attack connects and her body flies back just like that, despite her bravado. With a soft groan, the tall woman collapses, bloodied, battered and broken.

Raw Dog's Turn;

Opportunity Attack; MBA upon him entering I8 at 1d20+15=22. Damage for 1d12+13-5=18.
Immediate Reaction; Upon being hit with the Shocker: Vengeance is Mine! I make an MBA at 1d20+13=16. Miss by 1, die horribly. Thrash gets to move up and make an MBA which hits with Lesser Flash of Distraction to bring Raw Dog down to 34 and daze him.

My turn;

ODST; Save at 1d20=12.

pre:
Jeska   						 
HP: -4/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12

[X] Inspiring Word
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [X] Stone's Endurance
                        [X] Vengeance is Mine

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

This is not over yet. Jeska, though down, is still breathing, and struggling. It may not look like much, especially with the way she's bleeding from her sides, but the Primeval Primadonna is not done.

Delaying my turn retroactively until Siroko has gone.

pre:
Jeska   						 
HP: -4/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12

[X] Inspiring Word
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [X] Stone's Endurance
                        [X] Vengeance is Mine

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 24, 2015

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Jeska

Retroactive Sadness. Still failed my first death saving throw.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 25, 2015

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jeska definitely isn't getting up any time soon, alternative realities notwithstanding.

ODST; Save at 1d20=1...We're not working with critical failures, right? :V

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

"Oh, hardly..." The giant woman rises - a little unsteadily, but steady enough to clamber up the ledge. A manic, blood-stained grin adorns her face. "I told you, Jenny!" She calls out, loud enough for everyone to hear, "I told you you had to hit me harder than that, or you wouldn't survive!" Jeska doesn't even bother with the blade, at first. Cyanide is bruised and battered enough that a punch to the gut is enough to lower the woman's guard. "You lose." With a swift movement, the Primeval Primadonna takes the frontwoman of the Sickness in a lock with an arm around her head, ignoring the feeble struggles of her victim even if she gets a good lash in with those claws of her. "Time to send you back to the Stone Age!" Showing strength inhuman for a woman previously looking unconscious, she lifts Jenny's entire body upside-down and uses the momentum of the movement to throw her down the cliff. This fight is over.

Thrash's Turn; Heal for 12+2d6=16

My turn;

Move; D6 with an Athletics of 1d20+13=29.
Standard; Ferocious Strike at 1d20+15=29. Damage for 1d12+13=20 and I get CA against Jenny for my next hit.

Action POINT: Blood of the Mighty vs Jenny at 1d20+15=33. Damage for 4d12+13=38. I also take 5 damage but whatever, we win.

pre:
Jeska   						 
HP: 11/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 7/9 (V: 12)      For:  21    Passive Perception: 12

Ferocious Strike        [ ] Call of Challenge                [X] Blood of the Mighty
                        [X] Inspiring Word
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [X] Stone's Endurance
                        [X] Vengeance is Mine

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jeska cocks her head at Jeddah's correction of the medic, but the little tickle of electricity coursing through her makes her shudder and forget the issue. "Whew! Hello, nurse," she murmurs, grinning at Nazaryan, "Raw Dog should take some lessons from you, that felt pretty good. Although I suppose if he's going to maintain his macho image, he'll need to work some more. Can't even down a girl right, haw!" Really, though, she'd allowed him to get too big a hit in at the first chance. She needed to be more careful with that next time.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jeska's a little relieved about Szsarek's defeat. Having a chance to look at the necromantic doctor's abilities reassured her a little. The Icons' loss came as no surprise. She'd have to keep an eye out for the Titans' and Galaxi Girls' performances, though.

And then Oceanic Rift enters. Chit-chat is engaged, but Jeska keeps First Hunter's gaze once it passes to her. Much like him, she stays silent, enjoying this staredown a little more than idle smalltalk. She wondered who would blink first as she tried to recall any details about the intense man.

History at 1d20+10=20.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jeska shrugs lightly. "Figured you would have somebody lined up for this, rather than leave the choice to us. But sure, I'll show off for the audience if you want. I'm sure I can handle Exor's need to flirt with everybody and their grandmother."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

"Got it." Rather than wading through the water, Jeska gives herself a small run up and then leaps across the water in a mighty bound, landing without so much as a wobble despite the rain-slicked surface. This way, she keeps herself in a few stride's length of Glory, too, and as she plants her boot square against the rickety building, aiming to crush a plank much like the Tigers will crush the Dungeon, she buckles down to make sure things won't get out of hand too quickly.

Move; Run to B6, then Athletics for a long jump at 1d20+11=26 to jump 4 squares to F5 and move one more square to F4 (total 7 squares). I grant CA/-5 to attacks USOMNT as per run rules.
Standard; Strength Bash in a plank to give Kuende a foxhole at the wall between E4 and F4 at 1d20+8=13.

pre:
Jeska   						 
HP: 51/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12

Ferocious Strike        [ ] Dread Smite                      [ ] Blood of the Mighty
                        [ ] Inspiring Word                   [ ] Staggering Spin
                        [ ] Second Wind   
                        [ ] Shake it Off
                        [ ] Stone's Endurance
                        [ ] Vengeance is Mine

Item Powers
N/A

MBA(+CA) while bloodied or adjacent to bloodied: 1d20+13(15) with 1d12+10(15) damage

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Seeing Siroko's bolt of ice blow past Eviscerator's defenses and into his fragile core gives Jeska an idea. She slaps the wall to get Kuende's attention. "Sorry love, can't do it. Got to keep them busy before they steamroll us!" Then, she sets her jaw. Hagen was onto her, and he'd given his team orders to focus fire on her - this was going to hurt, one way or another. But he'd get his, sooner or later. With a few mighty strides, she's up in the big hulking brute's face. The poor husk of a man, whomever it once was, stares at her with hollow eyes. "Hey Szsarek! Your toys are too fragile!" With a furious shout of defiance, she takes part of Eviscerator's frozen machinery and pushes it further into the fragile core, crippling the creature with the cold.

Minor; Stone's Endurance. +5 resist all UEOMNT.
Move; I3.
Standard; Ferocious Strike at 1d20+13=29. Damage for 1d12+6=11. The next enemy I attack before EOMNT grants me CA.
Free; Dread Smite - Eviscerator takes another 5 cold/necro damage and ongoing 5 cold/necro (SE).

pre:
Jeska   						 
HP: 33/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12

Ferocious Strike        [X] Dread Smite                      [ ] Blood of the Mighty
                        [ ] Second Wind   
                        [ ] Shake it Off
                        [X] Stone's Endurance
                        [ ] Vengeance is Mine

Item Powers
N/A

MBA(+CA) while bloodied or adjacent to bloodied: 1d20+13(15) with 1d12+10(15) damage

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

As soon as Kuende unloads with her lightshow, Jeska rises from the water in a fluid motion, her hair flipping back and the droplets reflecting a myriad of colors as she does. She's breathing heavily because of the cold water, but otherwise seems little bothered. "Hey, Hagen!" she roars over the din of the rain, her arm rearing back, "next time you to chop me up for parts, try harder!" And with that, her blade comes down in his neck, severing the head with a clean blow. With a triumphant howl, she grabs the Sergeant's head and wades out of the water, past the blinded Vivisector.

"This is what comes for you, Szsarek!" she screams with manic glee at the scientist across the arena, holding up the head in the aftermath of Kuende's lightshow, like a grotesque lighthouse shining its beacon across a stormy sea. "Your toys broken! Your body broken! You can only cheat death for so long!"

Move; Stand up.
Standard; Blood of the Mighty vs Hagen at 1d20+13=33. CRIT for a total of 46 damage, killing Hagen. I take 5 damage.

ACTION POINT:

Move; to H4.

pre:
Jeska   						 
HP: 17/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0

Ferocious Strike        [X] Dread Smite                      [X] Blood of the Mighty
                        [ ] Second Wind   
                        [ ] Shake it Off
                        [X] Stone's Endurance
                        [ ] Vengeance is Mine

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

"Thanks," Jeska mumbles as she gets up, shaking her head a little to clear her disorientation. "Siroko, Kuende, get Atomizer in the water if you can. That perch is giving him too much of an advantage." Her body was tingling from the cannon blast, her nerves hungover from the overload that the construct had shot through her. "Glory, keep that big guy busy! He's almost there, you can finish him!" Hagen's head lay forgotten on the rain-slicked stone as the Primeval Primadonna twirled her sword and leapt straight into the fray to stab the reeling Vivisector straight in the core. "Good job, Thrash, keep it up! Let's draw the line here!" The battle was on their side. Time to finish things.

Move; Stand up.
Standard; Charge to G6, hit Vivisector at 1d20+16=31. Hit for 1d12+14=20.
Minor; Inspiring Word on Thrash to make him recover surge + 2 for a total of 13 HP.

pre:
Jeska   						 
HP: 24/51 (THP: 12)      AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 7/9 (V: 12)      For:  21    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0

Ferocious Strike        [X] Dread Smite                      [X] Blood of the Mighty
                        [X] Inspiring Word                   [ ] Staggering Spin
                        [ ] Second Wind   
                        [ ] Shake it Off
                        [X] Stone's Endurance
                        [ ] Vengeance is Mine

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jul 5, 2015

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Jeska watches placidly as the debacle before her unfolds. What was his game here? Revenge for his parents humiliating him all the way back when? Did he have a stake in another team so he was trying to take away her "big reveal" to down the hype? She keeps her poker face well enough, even as Thrash tries to get him to back off, only for things to seemingly devolve much further. Still, she is okay with being a bystander for now, as her demon compatriot no doubt has something to say about Cordell's little stunt just now. This is not the place for her to roar and crush. So she waits, a moment longer, until Thrash either walks away or she can get Cordell back somewhere more private. She knew lots of things to do to his face, at least, even if she couldn't do them out here.

Insight to try and divine Cordell's motives at 1d20+2=17.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

Casual, huh? She can play casual. "Well, I try not to show off." Just in case there's an overeager fan eavesdropping or recording something, she tries to avoid acknowledging his mention of her parents. "I have my own strengths...but "inevitable", I like that. I'll have to use that in my next interview or whatever." She smiles warmly. "But what's an old dog like you doing here? Not looking for scraps, I hope? Like you said, your time's passed already."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jeska

"Don't know if it's really Grizz' team anymore. Sure looks like they've got some stuff to work out, anyway," Jeska says, shrugging lightly, "but anyway, we should go and have our after-match review. Keep an eye out on the real stars, eh? C'mon, Thrash. We should talk about perfecting that throw for future fights. You've got some weight on you!" With a shake of her head, she gestures her demonic companion along. This rumor being out there was - well, to be honest, Jeska had always been worried about this. She could never keep a secret for long - her talent never lied in words, after all. But she was certain Jeddah and his cronies had something to say about it. They would probably go to great lengths to destroy the rumors and, as unfortunate as it was, Farah along with it. What was worse, she had to tell them, had to make them deal with it. This could break her career if it got out of hand, or if it was handled badly. She ground her teeth in frustration after being out of eye-sight from Cordell. rear end in a top hat.

Maybe mom would have some advice. Hopefully she'd pick up the phone in the evening, or whenever she would have some free time. Jeska hadn't forgotten about the interview, and there probably was some preparation to be done. Probably a lot.

• Locked thread