Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
Glory

Glory twitches slightly, far away inside his own head, halfway through a structured systemic review simulation. It's partly a training excersise, albeit a virtual one, and partly a diagnostic tool to ensure that systems are doing what they should be doing. So far, so good. It's been like that the last few days, actually: almost all systems have been very well behaved, and those few that haven't have been only minimally pre-sentient. Glory thinks once, and acts once. One body and one mind.

Hopefully it stays like that.

He wakes once Nadima arrives, and her excitement is instantly infectious. Glory would probably smile, if he had a face. He settles instead for glowing slightly.

He quickly scans the team rosters for anybody he might recognise, and Monsoon jumps out at him at once.

"Ah! Monsoon! A trickster, if ever there were one."

He turns to his team mates, "The man flings his body around the arena like a child might hurl a toy, and somehow holds a steady aim. I watched him jump a good twenty feet into the air at one point.

"But I stuck right to him with a longwarp, knocked him clean out of the sky!" He claps his hands together with a satisfying bang.

"Hah! I landed badly aftwards," he says plainly, "but there's a lesson in that, I do think."

"I can only guess at what his fellows might be like."

Roll insight to guess at what his fellows might be like.
Insight (Hall's Hounds): 1d20+10 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
Glory

"These are promising circumstances under which to enter the 'big leagues' though, eh?" Glory offers, happily. "What with a whole new team format to contend with. Everybody is going to be feeling a little uncertain."

"In terms of our team cohesion," he goes on, "I've been thinking some more about getting that new paint job..." he trails off suddenly, spotting Glitch in amongst the Galaxi Girls' roster. For a moment a sickening sense of vertigo comes over him, and his mind lurches towards some imminent realisation. And then it's gone, the memory suddenly lost. Instead, a recognition subsytem informs him that this gestalt is associated with a traumatic event.

"Yes, yes, yes," he says.

He has the memory scrubbed for affective data, and recalls the pertinent details in abstract.

He twitches slightly. "What was I saying? Yes, teamwork! Yes, perhaps one of the Group B teams would be up for a little friendly sparring ahead of the main event, eh?" He gives Thrash a nudge. "Give us the opportunity to work out any kinks, see how well we really function as a team, before all the cameras are on us."

And maybe one of our opponents can up and vanish before the event even begins, something thinks, but Glory doesn't hear it.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

The venue is certainly beautiful. Glory can't remember much about his former life, and has spent most of his free time for the past year inside laboratories and workshops, strapped to operating tables and machine benches. It only makes the gala seem all the more splendid.

He almost turns up his hand as a serving girl offers him a drink, but something seizes motor control and he happily takes hold of a glass.

"Thank you for the fluid," he says.

Why? I don't even have a mouth.

Fans like crazy Glory.

I am not--!

He very deliberately doesn't finish the thought.

Make people nervous.

He tries to ignore that thought, and reboots whatever subsystem was responsible for it. Instead he strides out into the hall, and brings his radiance generator online. It unleashes one great burst of light that signals his arrival, and leaves behind a glittering halo at his back. He raises his glass, and quite loudly toasts Carnage in Cairo. May the best team win, and all that.

Roll insight to notice if anybody has any reaction to or interest in my presence.
Insight (Narcissism): 1d20+10 24

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

It was a good toast, Glory decides, and he starts to feel at ease. It fills him with a strange sense of pride to be among so many fellow warriors, each eager to experience the thrill and the glory of the arena.

He can't help himself when he hears what Ark Three and Null are discussing.

"My squire was particularly pleased with my armour," he tells them, "as of course I am too."

He looks down at his chest, glass still held primly in his hand. "I couldn't guess at what strange alloy it might be forged from, but I can attest to its durability. My hypometry engine further stabilises me against impact."

Perhaps this would be an amusing opportunity to show off.

"In fact," he goes on, "I shall illustrate. Strike me as hard as you can!"

He raises his still-full glass.

"And I shall not even spill a drop!"

Roll endurance to take a punch without even FLINCHING hell yeah c'mon do it do it do it do it
Endurance (Strong Guys): 1d20+12 27

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

"You are a man of impressive strength," Glory offers, with a slight bow. "It shall be a great privilege to face in you in the arena, when our day comes."

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

He greets Grapnel with a slight nod.

"If Grapnel has sworn secrecy, then I should leave it at that, I think. I wouldn't dream of urging someone to break a pledge."

He pauses, and offers her his drink.

"Though Herr Howitzer is right that your arms are far from inconspicuous," he continues. "Were I to guess, I would hazard that you are quite the grappler."

I am bad at social skills, so let's just keep it simple and try to get a few words out of Grapnel about her fighting style.
Diplomacy (Grapnel): 1d20+3 12
yeah rip

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

He waves Null away happily, with a slight laugh, but says nothing.

~

K's question catches Glory slightly off-guard. Several nervous clusters begin generating thoughts. What am I? asks one. Who am I? asks another. Brains in a jar, thinks one more, with some scorn. I'm a brain in a jar? is the response. The exchanges become a storm almost immediately, each instance of self-examination triggering a hundred more doubts and fears and moments of existential terror. One software system adds, uncertainly, I'm a jar?

None of it reaches Glory's conscious level of awareness. There's a tingle down his spine, a shock-like parasthesia, as the error is corrected, the runaway pre-sentience eliminated.

"What I am is a warrior," he says, easily. He places a hand on Z's shoulder. "Ever shall I be, and eager am I to return to the arena that is my home."

He leaves it at that. But somewhere, deep within one of his core subsystems, a security routine can't help but wonder if Z might try to hack Glory one day, and without realising it he squeezes Z's shoulder just a little too tightly.

Roll Intimidate to frighten Z. That will teach you to ask me personal questions.
Intimidate (Z): 1d20+3 22

~

Glory considers excusing himself from the dancefloor at the thought of having to dance. That is far from what he's built for.

Give me motor control, he thinks.

His vision floods with high-priority access requests, as various electronic systems ask to directly control his limbs.

Absolutely not, he replies.

His neck twitches, and a familiar sense of vertigo comes over him. He staggers, once.

Your loss.

His vision distorts slightly, and his hypometry engine brings itself online.

What is--

Then, he's in two places at once. Some rogue system has decided to teleport him 8 feet to his left, immediately followed by a more cooperative subsystem teleporting back to where he wants to be. It occurs a few dozen times a second. It's interesting to watch, but not terribly pleasant to experience.

I don't--

Then he's in three places, then four. Then there's a distinct sensation of directed motion, as he begins losing track of where he's supposed to be, and things become really disorienting. Resources are diverted, hoping to restore unified behaviour, but that only makes it easier to take control of his limbs.

So he continues to flicker and warp, occasionally grabbing a drink, or a vase, or a dance partner, and his limbs make motions that could charitably be described as dance moves. Occasionally, he even teleports around in time to the music. Still, at least the people who only watch Glory to see if he'll glitch out again will be thoroughly entertained.

Roll acrobatics to
Acrobatics (Dance?): 1d20+3 10
nm

Mu. fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 19, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

Glory takes long, even strides down the runway which leads to the arena proper, enjoying the commotion of the crowd and the fanfare from over the audio system. He brings his combat systems online one at a time: first there are his major sensory systems which come online with a satisfying ping, followed by a dozen electronic systems which make sure he and everything else is exactly as it should be. Defensive systems are next, most prominently his radiance apparatus which produces one dazzling moment of artificial brilliance and leaves behind a glittering halo at his back.

Once his hypometry engine spins up, he demonstrates for the crowd by taking several short-range teleports down the rest of the runway, leaving behind flashes of light each time he does so. He follows this up by twirling his trident around his head, and jabbing at shadows a few times, causing minor but noticeable distortions in space.

By the time he gets inside the arena he's causing so much local electrical interference that a segment of the forcefield nearest to him begins shimmering slightly.

In truth, once combat begins, he feels a little sluggish. So many optimizations have been made to his decision-making over the years, but they're optimizations that have been made with single combat in mind. It takes him just a moment to adjust, but in that moment the fight has gone and started without him.

He decides the best place to position himself would be the high bridge, between Siroko Tuuli and the encroaching Typhoid Mei. He's there in a few quick blinks.

One enemy missing, he thinks. God I hate invisibility.

"Come now, Neil," he calls out, "do not lurk between the sunbeams. Come forward now and face us like a real warrior!"

He bangs his shield twice with his trident.

Move to C6; Move to C11; Minor to make a Perception check to detect Neil Arson.
Perception vs. Neil Arson: 1d20+10 18

Trigger Battle Resilience if I am attacked.

pre:
Battle Resilience
Personal, Encounter
Psionic
Act:    Free
Trig:	An attack hits or misses you for the first time during
	an encounter.
Eff:	You gain all resist 5 (3+WIS) until end of next turn.

pre:
Glory   						 
HP: 64/64 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 13/13 (V: 16)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 18    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Cyber

At Will			Encounter		       Daily
Bull's Strength      [ ]Telepathic Challenge        [ ]Aspect of Elevated Harmony
Twisted Eye          [ ]Psionic Ambush              [ ]Nightmare Vortex
Iron Fist            [ ]Second Wind (Dwarven Resil.)
Battlemind's Demand
Blurred Step
Mind Spike

Battlemind Power Points: 4/4

Item Powers
N/A

MBA (trident): 1d20+11 with 1d8+3 damage
MBA (glaive): 1d20+11 with 2d4+3 damage

Conditionals/Resists:
Cyber-steel Stomach: +5 racial bonus to save vs. poison
Encumbered Speed: You move at normal speed, even when it would be reduced by
armour or a heavy load.
Stand Your Ground: Forced movement can move you up to 1 square less than it 
should. Additionally, when an attack would knock you prone, you may roll to save 
against this.
Battle Resilience: The first time an attack hits or misses you during an 
encounter, you gain 5 resist all until the end of your next turn.
Polearm Momentum: When using a polearm or spear, any target pushed or slid 2 
or more squares is also knocked prone.
Swift Spear: When you hit an OA with a spear, you can also slide that enemy 1 
square to a space adjacent to you.
Battering Shield: When you are wielding a heavy shield and push or slide a 
target with a melee attack, you can move that target one additional square.

Mu. fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 7, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

Glory lies on the damp ground, trying to straighten out a dozen problems with his sensors. It was hard not to be a little impressed: he doesn't usually end up on his back quite this quickly. Still, better that he's the one taking the heavy hits, even if it isn't all that glamorous.

As a timely demonstration of what is glamorous, Thrash goes sailing over his head.

Let's keep a real close eye on Mei and Arson for the time being, he thinks, and a targeting subsystem helpfully obliges by prioritising them internally.

We might finally get to use the symmetry weapon, it adds, and the air around Glory becomes suddenly charged with strange particles.

Glory can't do much else until his sensors have recovered. Motor systems are being uncooperative. That really was one hell of a punch.

"You are quite the pugilist," he offers, earnestly.

I'm Dazed and can only take one action.
Minor to use Battlemind's Demand, spend 1 Battlemind point to augment it. Typhoid Mei and Neil Arson are both marked until I use this ability again.
One my Dazed ends...
Adjacent enemies marked by me, who attack anyone but me, take damage from Mind Spike.
If an adjacent enemy shifts away from me specifically to avoid Mind Spike, pursue them with Blurred Step. Otherwise I'll stay put.

pre:
Battlemind's Demand (Augment 1)
Close Burst 3, At-Will
Augmentable, Psionic
Act:    Minor
Tar:    One or two creatures in burst
Eff:    You mark the target until you use this power again or until the end of
	the encounter.
pre:
Mind Spike
Melee 1, At-Will
Force, Psionic, Psychic
Act:    Immediate Reaction
Tar:	The triggering enemy
Trig:	An adjacent enemy marked by you deals damage to your ally with an 
	attack that doesn't include you as a target.
Eff:    The target takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its 
	attack dealt to your ally.
pre:
Blurred Step
Personal, At-Will, Once Per Turn
Psionic
Act:    Free
Trig:	An adjacent enemy marked by you shifts
Eff:    You shift 1 square
pre:
Glory   						 
HP: 37/64 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 13/13 (V: 16)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 20

Bull's Strength      [ ]Telepathic Challenge        [ ]Aspect of Elevated Harmony
Iron Fist            [ ]Second Wind (Dwarven Resil.)
Battlemind's Demand  [ ]Battle Awareness
Blurred Step
Mind Spike

Battlemind Power Points: 3/4

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
armour or a heavy load.
should. Additionally, when an attack would knock you prone, you may roll to save 
against this.
Mind Spike: If an adjacent enemy marked by you deals damage to your ally
with an attack that does not include you as a target, they take force and psychic
damage equal to the damage they dealt to your ally.
Blurred Step: If an adjacent enemy marked by you shifts, you may immediately
shift 1 square as a free action.

Mu. fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 11, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

He stands up. In his mind it's very dramatic. Nobody watching will appreciate just how difficult it has been to wrangle a dozen competing combat systems, each one confused and failing and insisting that it deserves the lion's share of Glory's system resources in order to bring his motor systems back online. He lets his radiance apparatus glow a little brighter, silhouetting himself against a false sun. He feels good. He feels back to his normal self.

Everything feels good, in fact. He twirls his trident. It's clear that his teammates have been having difficulty with him out of action, but now was his time to shine.

He decides to do something interesting. Neil is a few feet away, staggering. It wont take much to sweep him off his feet. He can make one quick teleport, take Neil's legs out from under him, make another quick teleport, and nudge him into the pit before he even hits the ground.

His hypometry engine spins up and he rea-CATASTROPHIC FAILURE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE

His surroundings are suddenly very different. He sweeps with his trident, but Neil isn't there. Nobody is there. The noise of the arena seems very far away.

"What the?"

Then he's back, exactly where he was standing, slightly confused. Neil's still there, upright. Glory isn't entirely sure what just happened.

Alright, he thinks, we clearly need a full system inventory, immediately. I need everything working properly in the next 30 seconds, or my career is over.

Much later in the day, a security guard will swear he saw Glory standing in the parking lot for a few seconds during the time the Onyx Tigers were fighting. But how could that have been?

Move to stand up.
Standard to use Bull's Strength vs. Neil Arson. Spend a Battlemind Point to Augment it, which grants it 1 additional range.
Bull's Strength vs. Neil Arson's AC: 1d20+11 12 Ya my first attack and I rolled a 1 go on laugh it up.
Minor to use my Second Wind since I'm a dwarf, which heals me for 16 and grants me +2 defenses, bringing my hp to 53+4

pre:
Glory   						 
HP: 53/64 (THP: 4)        AC:  23    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 12/13 (V: 16)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 20

Iron Fist            [x]Second Wind (Dwarven Resil.)
Blurred Step
Mind Spike

Battlemind Power Points: 2/4

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
armour or a heavy load.
against this.
with an attack that does not include you as a target, they take force and psychic

Mu. fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 18, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

Glory almost does something, but hesitates due to new information coming to light.

Mu. fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 24, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

Glory walks into the gas. It's tempting to think he'd be immune to its effects, but that quickly proves untrue. It seeps through the joints in his metallic exterior, and starts damaging some of his biological components directly. He experiences it as a shivering sensation, followed by an alarm beeping in his brain.

He hasn't had the greatest impact on the fight so far, and he knows it. But he tries to remain as cheerful as ever. Giving Siroko the most confident look that a faceless creature can muster, he says, "I'm certain we have this! I'll keep them off you."

He positions himself up in Jenny's face, with his shield held high. He takes a few quick swipes at her, mostly just to ler her know he's there, but none of them connect. The air is filled with strange particles, as the symmetry weapon carries out its baleful activation process. Then he realises that Raw Dog is still down in the pit, his head still ringing, looking to try climbing the wall.

With an eye still on Jenny, Glory raises his trident into the air. It begins to shimmer oddly. He brings it down in the direction of Raw Dog, and it distorts wickedly, unleashing a strange tendril of folded space. It thunders towards Raw Dog like a wave of molten glass, and as it passes through him he's blown suddenly away from the wall, and sent spinning along the floor.

"Remind me, Siroko," he says, "What happens to bad dogs?"

Move to move to D7. I take 5 poison damage from entering the Rancid Bomb zone, losing my 4 thp and dropping to 52 hp.
Spend a Battlemind Point to augment Bull's Strength, granting it +1 reach -> Standard to Bull's Strength vs AC: 1d20+11 24 hit Raw Dog with Bull's Strength for BS Damage: 1d8+5 7 damage, which pushes him to F6 (Bull's Strength), then pushes him to G6 (Battering Shield) and finally knocks him prone (Polearm Momentum).
Minor to use Battlemind's Demand to mark Jenny Cyanide.
ACTION POINT
Standard to Bull's Strength vs AC: 1d20+11 16 miss Jenny Cyanide.

If Jenny Cyanide successfully shifts away from me, follow with Blurred Step (Free action).
If Jenny Cyanide damages an ally while adjacent, without also damaging me, she takes equivalent damage from Mind Spike as mixed psychic/force.

pre:
Bull's Strength (Augment 1)
Melee weapon, At-Will
Augmentable, Psionic, Weapon
Act:    Standard
Tar:	One creature
Att:	+11 vs. AC
Hit:	1d8+5 damage
	You push the target 1 square.
Spc:	Your reach increases by 1 for this attack.
pre:
Glory   						 
HP: 52/64 (THP: 0)        AC:  23    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 12/13 (V: 16)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 0

Blurred Step
Mind Spike

Battlemind Power Points: 1/4

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
armour or a heavy load.
against this.

Mu. fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Mar 25, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

The impact is brutal, and the acid is wretched, but Glory tries not flinch. People seem eager to see just how tough Glory is, here in the big leagues. Potential sponsors are watching. Neil caught him off-guard pretty badly earlier, and he doesn't want to be in that position again.

He keeps his shield up, and bangs it twice with his trident.

"I daresay my steel is already on full display, little witchling," he says. His radiance apparatus suddenly flares, producing one brief but enormously-distracting storm of lights that grant Siroko an easy opening to slash at Jenny's back.

"We'll have that blood out in no time," he adds.

His next strikes are incredibly fluid, as every disparate little voice in Glory's head attains a perfect moment of harmony. It's as if Jenny is moving in slow motion: every opening she leaves becomes glaringly-obvious, even to the most minor system in Glory's head. He slams her arm away with his shield, catches her across the jaw with the blunt of his trident, and then rounds on her with its points, driving it into her leg.

Then the moment passes, and his mind becomes disharmonious once more, but he can't help but feel a little different.

I take 5 ongoing acid damage, reducing me to 26 hp.
Standard to ready Aspect of Elevated Harmony vs. Jenny Cyanide, on the condition that Siroko flanks her.
Once Siroko is in position, I Elevated Harmony vs. AC: 1d20+11+2 28 hit with Elevated Harmony for Elevated Harmony damage: 2d8+5 16 damage and can spend a healing surge taking me to 47hp.
Additionally, I assume the Aspect of Elevated Harmony and can apply the Elevated Harmony augment to my attacks.
I then fail to Save vs. Ongoing Acid Damage: 1d20 9.
Blurred Step/Mind Spike as usual.
If Jenny uses Lunge to get away from me somehow, and if I get an OA, spend my remaining Battlemind point to use Twisted Eye in place of an MBA. If it hits she can also be slid two squares (Swift Spear, Battering Shield) and knocked prone (Polearm Momentum).
pre:
Aspect of Elevated Harmony
Melee weapon, Daily
Healing, Polymorph, Psionic, Weapon
Hit:	2d8+5 damage
Miss:	Half damage
Eff:	You can spend a healing surge.
	You assume this aspect, and may apply the following augment to any of your 
	augmentable attack powers:
Augment 1
You gain 7 temporary hit points. In addition, any single creature
hit by the at-will attack takes 2 extra damage.
--------------------------------------------------
Twisted Eye (Augment 1)
Melee weapon, At-Will
Augmentable, Psionic, Weapon
Hit:	1d8+5 damage
	Until the end of your next turn, the target takes a penalty to attack 
	rolls equal to the number of your allies adjacent to it.
Spc:	When making an opportunity attack, you can use this power in place of 
	a melee basic attack.
pre:
Glory   						 
HP: 47/64 (THP: 0)        AC:  23    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 11/13 (V: 16)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 20

Bull's Strength      [ ]Telepathic Challenge        [x]Aspect of Elevated Harmony
Blurred Step
Mind Spike

Battlemind Power Points: 1/4

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
armour or a heavy load.
against this.
Aspect of Elevated Harmony: You can apply this augment to your powers.

Mu. fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 25, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

"Thrash! Jeska! It's so good to be surrounded by comrades once more."

Glory remains up in Jenny's face, then draws back suddenly to make an incredibly bold and obvious strike...

And then vanishes, reappearing at Jenny's back. It catches the woman off-guard completely, and Glory completely bowls her over. She staggers, lurches, tumbles and then falls taking the 10ft plunge with very little grace.

"I saved you both something," he says.

Then slowly, carefully, he turns his attention towards Kuende, assisting her in being upright once more.

I take 5 ongoing acid damage, reducing me to 22.
Move action: I use Psionic Ambush to teleport to B6 and am granted combat advantage UEoMNT.
Standard action: I use Bull's Strength vs. Jenny and Bull's Strength vs. AC: 1d20+11+2 27 hit for Bull's Strength damage: 1d8+5 12 damage, and spend my final Battlemind Point to Augment it with Elevated Harmony, dealing 2 additional damage (14 total) and granting myself 7 thp.
Jenny is pushed to D6 (Bull's Strength), then pushed to E7 (Battering Shield), drops prone (Polearm Momentum), and falls.
Minor action: do the aura thing to revive Kuende.

I then fail my Save vs. Ongoing Acid Damage: 1d20 1
pre:
Psionic Ambush
Encounter, Ranged 10
Psionic, Teleportation
Act:    Move
Tar:	One creature marked by you.
Eff:    You teleport adjacent to the target, and it grants you combat advantage 
	until the end of your next turn.
pre:
Glory   						 
HP: 27/64 (THP: 7)        AC:  23    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 11/13 (V: 16)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 20

Bull's Strength      [ ]Telepathic Challenge        [x]Aspect of Elevated Harmony
Blurred Step
Mind Spike

Battlemind Power Points: 0/4

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
armour or a heavy load.
against this.
Aspect of Elevated Harmony: You can apply this augment to your powers.

Mu. fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 28, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

"It is with some embarrassment I will admit to being caught unprepared early on," he tells Kuende. "But every embarrassment is an education, I do believe, and I dare say I will be ever more learned for it."

"Still," he goes on, and playfully thrusts his trident at some imagined opponent, "one cannot deny our finish was spectacular. The five us on our feet, more or less, to watch Jenny tumbling into Jeska's vengeful arms. And that finisher!"

He raises his trident up with both hands, and brings its blunt end down hard into the floor with a thump.

"Hah! Magnificent."

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

"I shall do my utmost to preserve my - ah - skin, Dr. Terzi. Let's hope I stay where I think I am and go where I mean to go from now on."

Glory greets Oceanic Rift warmly. "I was forced to miss the Galaxi versus Icons match, but the Titans do look rather robust," he says. "I look forward to facing them."

He thinks a moment. "Well, all of them except perhaps Masakuro, whom I shall endeavour to face away from. I've never been a fan of having my mind interfered with, horrifying surgical procedure or otherwise."

He taps his temple with a finger, several times.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

"I'll take the direct route," says Glory. "See if I can't draw a little attention."

He hops and skips across the wet ground with newfound grace. Balance is about awareness, Sanghera had said, and awareness of the environment actually comes easier in this dreary arena; wet ground is about the only thing that Glory can see, so he concentrates on it masterfully.

He slows significantly once he gets down the stairs and into the water. Sloshing through the waves is a chore.

Once he's up on the other side he twirls his polearm, casting raindrops in circles, like the spiral arms of a very damp galaxy. He wonders if anyone can even see him from here.

"Inclement weather will not hide you or your wretched miscreations from the eyes of the righteous, Szsarek," he calls out.

Somewhat more quietly he adds: "At least, not forever."

Double move to F9. What's the worst that could happen?
The first attack against me triggers Battle Resilience.

pre:
Glory   						 
HP: 64/64 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 22
Surges: 13/13 (V: 16)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 22

Lodestone Lure       [ ]Second Wind (Dwarven Resil.)
Blurred Step         [ ]Guardian's Counter
Mind Spike           [ ]Battle Resilience

Battlemind Power Points: 4/4

Item Powers: Warding Mind

Conditionals/Resists:
armour or a heavy load.
against this.
shift 2 squares (Blurred Speed) as a free action.
Warding Mind: While Unbloodied, you gain a +4 item bonus to Acrobatics checks.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

Despite the dreadful visibility, it's hard to miss Eviscerator.

Glory bounds towards the awful monster, spotting Sgt. Hagen lurking between the creature's knees. There's a brief surge of energy, and Glory cocks his head slightly, as Hagen slides inexplicably towards him.

Move: Walk to i4
Standard: Lodestone Lure vs. Hagen Lodestone Lure +11 vs. Will: 1d20+11 26 -3 from Cover = 23 vs. 18 hits for Constitution Modifier damage (4 damage), pulls Sgt. Hagen to J4 and he can only move to squares adjacent to me Until End of My Next Turn.
Minor: Spend a Battlemind Point to augment Battlemind's Demand, marking both Sgt. Hagen and Eviscerator until I use the power again or the encounter ends.
The first attack against me triggers Battle Resilience.
pre:
Glory   						 

Conditionals/Resists:
armour or a heavy load.
against this.

Mu. fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 15, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

"My word, you are a big one, aren't you?"

Glory whirls his weight, shifting into an extremely aggressive posture. It was going to take a monstrous blow to pound through Eviserator's armour, but Siroko had helpfully illustrated a few key weak points. He drives his polearm forward with as much weight behind it as he can muster.

There's a hell of a clang.

Standard: Use Bull's Strength vs. Eviscerator Bull's Strength +11 vs. AC: 1d20+11 26 vs. AC, hits for Bull's Strength Damage: 1d8+5 12 damage. Assuming I can move this guy: Eviscerator is pushed 1 square to L1ish (Bull's Strength), pushed again to M1ish (Battering Shield) and finally knocked prone (Polearm Momentum).
Move: Shift to J4. I THINK this counts as adjacent to Sgt. Hagen (?).
Minor: If either Jeska or Kuende would like me to use Skald's Aura to heal them, assume I delayed until after them and spend my minor action to do just that if they come within range. Otherwise I take no minor action.
If I count as adjacent to Sgt. Hagen, use Blurred Step if he shifts. I may shift up to 2 squares (Blurred Speed) as a free action. I will try to remain as close to as many enemies as possible. Mind Spike if he attacks anybody else.

pre:
Glory   						 
HP: 53/64 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 22

Conditionals/Resists:
armour or a heavy load.
against this.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

"It will be a great privilege," Glory says, his voice raising over the sound of the rain, "to destroy such a foul creation."

He propels himself towards Eviscerator, taking quick strides, and leaps at the monster, half-running and half-teleporting up onto its back, and then its arms, and then its shoulder. The engine in Glory's back bends space around him, letting him conserve and direct his momentum in ways that appear strange. He finally leaps into the air just in front of Eviscerator, and hangs there a moment, expecting to be driven forward on a wave of folded space, to drive his trident straight at Eviscerator's head.

Instead, there's an error. He drops back to the ground. There's a sickening lurching sound, and the arena shield whines, as a bubble of mangled spacetime inflates around him.

Eh, just go with it.

Unperturbed, he dives forward, laying a heavy thrust at the creature's midsection instead.

Standard: Use Nightmare Vortex against Eviscerator Attack Eviscerator: 1d20+11 13 MISSES, but deals half damage to Eviscerator Half Damage: (1d8+5)/2 = 3 damage
Nightmare Vortex ongoing effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an enemy starts its turn within 3 squares of me, I can slide that target 1 square as a free action.
Spend my Action Point
Standard: Use Bull's Strength against Eviscerator Attack Eviscerator: 1d20+11 25 HITS vs. 22-2 AC, deals Bull's Strength Damage: 1d8+5 7 damage. Eviscerator is pushed 2 squares back and knocked prone.
Move: Move to i4.
Minor: use "Dwarven" Resilience to activate my second wind. I spend a surge, heal 16 and gain +2 to all defences until my next turn starts.
Vivisector is currently within 3 squares of me, so if any of my allies would like to slide him 1 square at the start of his turn, feel free to do so on my behalf.

pre:
Glory   						 
Surges: 12/13 (V: 16)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 22

Twisted Eye          [ ]Psionic Ambush              [X]Nightmare Vortex
Lodestone Lure       [X]Second Wind (Dwarven Resil.)
Mind Spike           [X]Battle Resilience

Conditionals/Resists:
armour or a heavy load.
against this.
Nightmare Vortex: I can slide enemies 1 square as a free action if they begin their
turn within 3 squares of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

Glory

"Well, our next two matches will be versus the Bengaluru Titans and then Fraction Five," Glory says to nobody in particular. The subtle social jousting going on nearby passes by him completely. "Those two fought each other today. That would have been worth seeing. I might go see if I can find anyone who saw the fight, or at least catch the highlight reel."

Hi, I've been really busy the last few days and will probably be really busy this week so I wont have much time to post. I'll idle in the IRC though if you need to poke me.
Glory will try to find out a little bit about how Titans vs. Fraction went, especially how Fraction fight. Insight: 1d20+12 13.

• Locked thread