Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
cut a hot dog length wise a few times real thin and fry it then put it in a grilled cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Post more pics please to satisfy my hot dog lust

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

cut a hot dog length wise a few times real thin and fry it then put it in a grilled cheese.

Just loving use spam

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TOILETLORD posted:

ready, buy some loving bacon, wrap it around some dogs fry them in a pan, and save all the grease, then make some corn batter buttermilk butter and cornmeal, dip the bacon dogs in the batter then fry them in your bacon grease.

How much u weigh dude? Jfc

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

VendaGoat posted:

Just loving use spam

they have a different flavor than each other you goddamn piece of loving poo poo. hot dog and spam do not taste the same that is why hot dogs cost more money. seriously go loving die in a different thread.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

spam tastes ok imo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

they have a different flavor than each other you goddamn piece of loving poo poo. hot dog and spam do not taste the same that is why hot dogs cost more money. seriously go loving die in a different thread.

Spam supremacy in the split hot dog market. Lol, you mad and you lost.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date
Doobie's Dog House of Reform, AL

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Darth123123 posted:

How much u weigh dude? Jfc

i'm in better shape than i look because i don't care about if i have fat on me because i work in an industrial freezer. i think last i weighed myself around 230.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

TOILETLORD posted:

i'm in better shape than i look because i don't care about if i have fat on me because i work in an industrial freezer. i think last i weighed myself around 230.

you are pretty drat full of hot dog recipies i think maybe you should write a dog cookbook

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
normally i just make some regular dogs with high quality techniques i.e. grill the dogs until very slightly charred an put them on grilled buns with grilled onions and mustard and relish

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

tomstuart posted:

you are pretty drat full of hot dog recipies i think maybe you should write a dog cookbook

i used to weigh 320, i know fatty foods.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TOILETLORD posted:

Cool I guees, you have my a++ rating for hot dog ideas. Carry on. Just don't die before this dog thread.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Darth123123 posted:

Cool I guees, you have my a++ rating for hot dog ideas. Carry on. Just don't die before this dog thread.

i come from a family of unkillables who only die from dementia and alzhimers in their 80's

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

tomstuart posted:

normally i just make some regular dogs with high quality techniques i.e. grill the dogs until very slightly charred an put them on grilled buns with grilled onions and mustard and relish

Borrrrrinnnnggg

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

i used to weigh 320, i know fatty foods.

We have something in common. Mmmm, I guess you're alright Forums Poster ToiletLord.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
the classics arent boring if done right

like some of these on the edge ideas may be ok but pushing the envelope can lead to it tearing and ending up with a soggy bun covered in a salad (aka a chicago dog)

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

tomstuart posted:

the classics arent boring if done right

like some of these on the edge ideas may be ok but pushing the envelope can lead to it tearing and ending up with a soggy bun covered in a salad (aka a chicago dog)

you can mold buns out of ground beef.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

TOILETLORD posted:

you can mold buns out of ground beef.

pump the brakes there mister

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

tomstuart posted:

pump the brakes there mister

you sound like an old quaker being scared of meat.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Where are the pictures? :(

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

toggle posted:

i'm one of those autist like an old person and never taught self how to post pics on internet.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
im not scared of meat im scared of change

TOILETLORD posted:

you sound like an old quaker being scared of meat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

tomstuart posted:

im not scared of meat im scared of change

COngrats on turning 40!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Why bother with buns when you can just swallow hot dogs whole?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNDvpPsYDNM

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I prefer my dog with natural casing. It has a great texture especially when grilled.

Natural casing is made from sheep intestines, which are also used to make those lambskin condoms.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hotgs ew!!!! id rather eat burge

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

toggle posted:

TOILETLORD posted:

i'm one of those autist like an old person and never taught self how to post pics on internet.

these are images of some of toiletlords profane ideas that arent bad but are different

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i just want to see jpgs of juicy meat tubes between some buns!!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

There we go!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

How do you feel about this:

How do you feel about this:

Personally I'm offended. Especially the second pic. Think about how long those dogs had to boil to get the pasta to be like that. I mean wow.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My brother in law gave me some deer dogs. Y/n ?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Darth123123 posted:

is that like a jackalope?

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
we should convene a high council of hot dog wizards

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Harry in Rio posted:

we should convene a high council of hot dog wizards

gay

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Darth123123 posted:

Venison is extremely lean, so probably you got venison sausage, which is like summer-sausage, which isn't hot dog like in the least. If you got venison hot dogs, I'd be impressed because that would take like 9 deer to get enough fat and cartilage to make an actual dog.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TOILETLORD posted:

is that like a jackalope?

Better. White tail deer meat, brains, and other entrails.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Thread has inspired me to try hot dogs again.
I need some suggestions for buns to consider though. Much like pizza can't be discussed without considering the dough, its suddenly dawned on me that a good dog must have the bun taken into consideration.

I'm partial to grilling or toasting the bun myself.

The normal bland white bread bun seems boring and is falling short of its true potential as the bread portion of a proper hot dog experience.

I saw "potato buns" mentioned before.

Anything else I should consider for my next trip to the market?

I'd even go as far to make/bake them myself if there is a solid suggestion.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

you get to be radagast fgt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

CrashCat posted:

this sounds fantastic, i almost want to go buy some dogs and buns just to try it, drat
that almost doesn't count though, you can deep fry even the most disgusting vegetables and have them turn out edible because you're just tasting the batter

not saying i wouldn't eat it

Batter? Heresey. That's a corn dog.

I'm talking literally taking a hot dog out of the package and lowering it into oil for a time.

Its loving majestic.

• Locked thread