Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
My decklist:
Omnitell

Lands:
2 Ancient Tomb
2 City of Traitors
2 Island
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Scalding Tarn
1 Mountain
4 Volcanic Island

Instants & Sorceries
4 Brainstorm
4 Burning Wish
3 Daze
4 Force of Will
3 Gitaxian Probe
2 Intuition
4 Omniscience
4 Ponder
3 Show and Tell

Artifacts
4 Lotus Petal

Creatures
3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
3 Griselbrand

Sideboard
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
1 Grapeshot
1 Karakas
2 Living Wish
1 Overmaster
1 Petals of Insight
2 Pyroblast
1 Pyroclasm
1 Show and Tell
2 Stifle
2 Surgical Extraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Wow yeah that's a lot of turnout, I'll try to get something set up so I can stream my games and I'll try to talk during them as much as I can. That seems easier than somebody trying to over-dub 22 hours worth of footage every week. I think XMage lets you watch games in progress so maybe live commentary is simpler.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
I can also stream my matches on my hitbox channel. Also, it may be helpful to just throw up a poll on one of the many poll websites to pick matches people are interested in for doing commentary.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kraus posted:

How the gently caress are none of the Delver or Burn decks playing Taylor Swiftspear? Tay Tay kicks so much rear end.

Oh I am in my burn deck I just haven't posted the list yet. I just built burn in paper and didn't want to splash on guides. And because swiftspears have been insane for me in standard and modern. Wish the art wasn't argyle though :/

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I did some play testing with veteran explorer doomsday and its trash, so it looks like I am on normal DDFT.
I changed it up slightly so I am not on the exact same 75 as TenjouUtena.

4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Lotus Petal
4 Brainstorm
4 Dark Ritual
1 Chain of Vapor
1 Rain of Filth
3 Burning Wish
3 Cabal Therapy
3 Doomsday
4 Duress
4 Gitaxian Probe
1 Ideas Unbound
4 Ponder
2 Island
2 Swamp
1 Badlands
2 Bloodstained Mire
4 Polluted Delta
3 Scalding Tarn
2 Underground Sea
1 Volcanic Island

// Sideboard
3 Xantid Swarm
2 Abrupt Decay
1 Cabal Therapy
1 Infernal Contract
1 Doomsday
1 Empty the Warrens
2 Massacre
2 Tendrils of Agony
1 Time Spiral
1 Tropical Island

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

gang sines posted:

make it say "officially better than mcmagic"

Like this?

Bonus punishment tag for anyone who can't scrape together a single win:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh wait I don't know how to stream stuff, is that built in to XMage?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I don't think streaming is a requirement, but if you want to, its pretty simple. Just download https://obsproject.com/ and follow these settings http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1262922-open-broadcaster-software#Broadcast

I got xmage all set up, I am looking to play a few practice matches with someone and get used to the controls, I amm sitting in IRC @ irc.synirc.net/6667 #legacythunderdome if anyone wants to try this out.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Kraus posted:

How the gently caress are none of the Delver or Burn decks playing Taylor Swiftspear? Tay Tay kicks so much rear end.

I can't speak for delver, but it's just not quite as good as goblin guide in legacy burn. Someone made top 8 at SCG Portland playing burn with a single copy in the maindeck, and that's the most I can find of it in any lists from actual events. It's definitely more suited for delver than burn in legacy..

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

I can't speak for delver, but it's just not quite as good as goblin guide in legacy burn. Someone made top 8 at SCG Portland playing burn with a single copy in the maindeck, and that's the most I can find of it in any lists from actual events. It's definitely more suited for delver than burn in legacy..
Taylor Swiftspear is not as good as goblin guide, but WOTC won't let you run 8 goblin guides.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Wadjamaloo posted:

Taylor Swiftspear is not as good as goblin guide, but WOTC won't let you run 8 goblin guides.

My burn deck that I play sometimes does four Guides, four Tay Tay, and four Eidolon.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Wadjamaloo posted:

I don't think streaming is a requirement, but if you want to, its pretty simple. Just download https://obsproject.com/ and follow these settings http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1262922-open-broadcaster-software#Broadcast

I got xmage all set up, I am looking to play a few practice matches with someone and get used to the controls, I amm sitting in IRC @ irc.synirc.net/6667 #legacythunderdome if anyone wants to try this out.

It looks like OBS can also record to a local FLV, and then I think you can upload that to YouTube?

Wadjamaloo I will battle you be online in a sec.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

It looks like OBS can also record to a local FLV, and then I think you can upload that to YouTube?
It can, yes.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Ok, here's what I'm thinking:
NAME:grixis delver
4 [KTK:239] Polluted Delta
4 [ICE:61] Brainstorm
1 [C13:177] Baleful Strix
1 [ZEN:220] Misty Rainforest
4 [ISD:51] Delver of Secrets
4 [KTK:118] Monastery Swiftspear
4 [ALL:42] Force of Will
3 [JUD:62] Cabal Therapy
4 [NPH:35] Gitaxian Probe
4 [2ED:162] Lightning Bolt
2 [CNS:42] Dack Fayden
3 [NMS:30] Daze
1 [ZEN:237] Island
4 [M14:163] Young Pyromancer
4 [ZEN:223] Scalding Tarn
4 [M10:68] Ponder
4 [3ED:306] Volcanic Island
3 [3ED:305] Underground Sea
2 [ICE:213] Pyroblast
SB: 2 [RTR:93] Electrickery
SB: 1 [SHM:107] Smash to Smithereens
SB: 1 [ZEN:243] Mountain
SB: 1 [DDD:32] Liliana Vess
SB: 2 [RTR:197] Slaughter Games
SB: 2 [CNS:102] Misdirection
SB: 1 [SOM:187] Nihil Spellbomb
SB: 1 [INV:317] Tsabo's Web
SB: 2 [NPH:74] Surgical Extraction
SB: 2 [ICE:72] Hydroblast

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
What happens if XMage can't find a couple of the cards in my deck? Yes I spelled them correctly.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

C-Euro posted:

What happens if XMage can't find a couple of the cards in my deck? Yes I spelled them correctly.

Unfortunately, some cards aren't implemented there. Try asking on the forums if someone can add them.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Wadjamaloo posted:

I would be pretty cool if everyone was on different decks. My heart tells me to play doomsday, but I might do something else just to be different.

Depending on the level of combo present, I might play Jund instead of RUG. But it looks like we've picked up a few duplicates anyway, so I'll probably keep a deck that doesn't insta-lose to half the decks in the format. Maybe I'll get extra spicy and go with NO-RUG.

Partial Octopus posted:

Someone should make a gangtag for top 8.

I've already bought a set of 10 pieces of power for the winners.

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Bonus punishment tag for anyone who can't scrape together a single win:

I can't wait to win this.

Edit: I'm not in the OP.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 21, 2015

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm interested in doing commentary, but since I don't know poo poo about legacy, I'd need to be paired with someone who does. I'm down for general poo poo talking, and being explained to, though, as long as you fuckers don't get sensitive and whiny about being made fun of(no really, it would all be in fun, I actually like you guys)

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

So sad I'm too late to get in on this, missed it while I was at work :-(

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I'm also interested in doing commentary when I'm not playing.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Partial Octopus posted:

I'm also interested in doing commentary when I'm not playing.

I hope we play sometime during this.

I'll provide some commentary along with my buddy Mr. Octopus.*

*I'm not photogenic and my voice is pretty much monotone. I'm basically prefect for the job.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

I hope we play sometime during this.

I'll provide some commentary along with my buddy Mr. Octopus.*

*I'm not photogenic and my voice is pretty much monotone. I'm basically prefect for the job.

I just want to say "I've seen better opening hands on thalidomide babies" and that kind of thing.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

suicidesteve posted:

I might play Jund instead of RUG.

I want to encourage as many people as possible to play Jund, given how this tournament started...

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
There should be at least 2 jund players... one with chains and one without.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
updated OP, added suicidesteve and people's lists

ty troll toll it's beautiful

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Is this still open or am I too late :ohdear:

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
we have an odd number so the next person not in the list in the OP to post a decklist will be in

1) that's the only person that will get added
2) if i hosed up again and there's actually an even number i won't add you, you'll be the reserve or whatever to make it so we don't have byes because boy do i hate byes

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

netcat posted:

Is this still open or am I too late :ohdear:

gang sines posted:

we have an odd number so the next person not in the list in the OP to post a decklist will be in

2) if i hosed up again and there's actually an even number i won't add you, you'll be the reserve or whatever to make it so we don't have byes because boy do i hate byes

:toot:

Alright gonna just post this drat thing so I can't back out:

.dec

4 Ancient Tomb
2 Arid Mesa
2 Bloodstained Mire
3 City of Traitors
7 Mountain
2 Scalding Tarn
4 Blood Moon
3 Goblin Welder
4 Grindstone
4 Imperial Recruiter
1 Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
3 Lightning Bolt
2 Magus of the Moon
4 Painter's Servant
1 Phyrexian Revoker
3 Pyroblast
3 Red Elemental Blast
3 Sensei's Divining Top
4 Simian Spirit Guide
1 Spellskite

Sideboard:
3 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Pyroblast
2 Pyroclasm
1 Red Elemental Blast
1 Shattering Spree
4 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Tormod's Crypt

I may change up some cards before the whole deal is on, but I'm gonna be pretty close to this.

Lonely Bridge fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 21, 2015

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I have my jank prepared just needs some tweaking so I'm not ready to unleash it on the universe... yet.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
I don't understand am I in or out. I can't post a decklist for several houirs yet. So I guess I'm out? :rip:

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

netcat posted:

I don't understand am I in or out. I can't post a decklist for several houirs yet. So I guess I'm out? :rip:

if someone beats you to the post you're out if not you're in

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

gang sines posted:

:toot:

code:
Maindeck:

Artifacts
4 Lotus Petal

Enchantments
4 Sneak Attack

Instants
4 Brainstorm
2 Daze
4 Force of Will
2 Misdirection
3 Spell Pierce

Legendary Creatures
4 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4 Griselbrand

Sorceries
4 Ponder
2 Preordain
4 Show and Tell

Basic Lands
3 Island

Lands
3 Ancient Tomb
2 City of Traitors
3 Misty Rainforest
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Volcanic Island

Sideboard:
3 Blood Moon
3 Leyline of Sanctity
2 Echoing Truth
1 Red Elemental Blast
2 Through the Breach
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Pyroclasm

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
welcome mr wildfire1! we are closed for real now

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
:whitewater:

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

kizudarake posted:

I'm interested in doing commentary, but since I don't know poo poo about legacy, I'd need to be paired with someone who does. I'm down for general poo poo talking, and being explained to, though, as long as you fuckers don't get sensitive and whiny about being made fun of(no really, it would all be in fun, I actually like you guys)

I think this could actually lead to some good commentary paired with someone knowledgeable of the format (like me!) since it could be one person explaining some of the interactions/etc and then your first impressions, thoughts, or poorly designed nerd jokes to follow up.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Toshimo is in too i forgot to add him 2 the list earlier

i feel like i dick axing wildfire SO yet another first-list-posted entrant will be accepted, same caveats as last time except that i mean it this time!! adding netcat for an even number

black potus fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 21, 2015

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

gang sines posted:

Toshimo is in too i forgot to add him 2 the list earlier

i feel like i dick axing wildfire SO yet another first-list-posted entrant will be accepted, same caveats as last time except that i mean it this time!!

Just give it to netcat, or I'll post that deck that runs 54 lands, treasure hunt, and that card that lets you pitch everything in your hand to make (cards pitched/2) zombies.

Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM
Sad I missed out on the registration for this, but I'm looking forward to watching some bizarre goon matches. Especially if some of the commentary is ESPN 8 style.

Also, what's the deal with mcmagic and this tournament. I missed something somewhere.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

kizudarake posted:

Just give it to netcat, or I'll post that deck that runs 54 lands, treasure hunt, and that card that lets you pitch everything in your hand to make (cards pitched/2) zombies.

yeah true netcat you're in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Lonely Bridge posted:

I think this could actually lead to some good commentary paired with someone knowledgeable of the format (like me!) since it could be one person explaining some of the interactions/etc and then your first impressions, thoughts, or poorly designed nerd jokes to follow up.

We'd have to figure out the best way to record it. I have access to one of those Microsoft headphone/mic things that plugs into USB, maybe. Also, if the non-commentated matches go up on YouTube, I could stream it on my ps4 for me, and we could somehow record a party chat.

• Locked thread