Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I didn't notice the bunny with Adam Rose last night. Did they reveal who was in the suit, or did they just drop it like anything else remotely interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Orgophlax posted:

I didn't notice the bunny with Adam Rose last night. Did they reveal who was in the suit, or did they just drop it like anything else remotely interesting?

Kane killed it with tombstones and finally Adam Rose murdered it for good to turn heel fully. The crowd cheered this and no one was revealed for anything.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I'm starting to think that either Orton or Sheamus are going to win/be in the final four. Both have been flying under the radar for a while, and can be thrown right into the Authority storyline if need be.

Like if Rollins wins the title, there's a ready-made storyline about Orton seeking revenge and the title, culminating at Mania (or, if "lolwwe," Fast Lane, so Mania can be Orton v. Cena or something instead).

Or if Sheamus wins, he can either go heel and face Cena (if Cena wins at the Rumble) or take the aforementioned "revenge" spot (though it would make no sense at all).

Bryan makes the most sense to win, but I have a nasty feeling they might "CM Punk" him and have Kane throw him out towards the end to set up a feud for Fast Lane/maybe Mania. The Philly crowd would poo poo all over this and it would be hilarious.

Reigns has almost been an afterthought as of late, being stuck in his Big Show feud and all. Him winning the Rumble would be a huge push of course, but he hasn't been relevant to the main storyline at all in the past several months (of course due to his injury). Propelling him into the Authority angle would make almost as little sense as my Sheamus idea earlier. In all honesty, I'd really enjoy him and Rusev starting a feud for the US title, culminating at Mania with Rusev's first big loss (which, albeit, would suck for Rusev, but it would help to organically build Reigns instead of this hamfisted push to superstardom they've been forcing for a while).

Also, for guest spots, I'm guessing RVD for one, Bo Dallas as a returner (or Darren Young), probably Boogeyman as a comedy spot, and mayyyybe another ECW guy like Sabu or Dreamer, if their contracts aren't too tied up with other companies. The NXT guy should be Adrian Neville, but Sami Zayn would be neat, as would Finn Balor. Lastly, it's a total longshot, but it would be really cool to see Jake the Snake in for one DDT and a self elimination. :unsmith:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Keg posted:

The rumble is in Philly, so the secret old-school entrant will be RVD wearing an ECW shirt, you dummies.

Black the lights, play the first few bars of "Enter Sandman", then the lights come on with "I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

KungFu Grip posted:

Kane killed it with tombstones and finally Adam Rose murdered it for good to turn heel fully. The crowd cheered this and no one was revealed for anything.
Apparently, the Bunny was just given all this screentime because Vince found it funny till Triple H finally convinced him how dumb it is.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Maybe Spike Dudley can get the day off from the mortgage company where he works to get thrown through a table or something, but I can't think of any other non-RVD ECW guy that fans would actually remember who didn't also leave the company on bad terms

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Perigryn posted:

Apparently, the Bunny was just given all this screentime because Vince found it funny till Triple H finally convinced him how dumb it is.

If you want a picture of the future Winston imagine a bunny being shoved into a pool forever.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I wonder what it's like to get a WWE contract in 2005 and wrestle in Deep South Wrestling just hoping to get called up, but then having to leave for personal reasons. But against the odds, you make it back to the show in 2010 and you even get on the NXT program...immediately after it's removed from television and moved to web only. And then you get a gimmick where you are literally a rat and eat cheese and people scare you off with rat poisons and sprays. You get made fun of and eliminated and end your NXT run by literally crawling under the ring like a rat. Then you get repackaged and spend years wrestling the same match in developmental as part of a tag team (with multiple partners) before finally, FINALLY getting called up to the main show, where you are run down and insulted for several weeks before getting the poo poo kicked out of you by a bunch of old people. Then you probably start jobbing to the bull fighters the next week.

I bet it's awesome. The Ascension is awesome.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

HulkaMatt posted:

They've been practically all decided for the last several years I think we've just generally ignored it in the past.

I'd like if they took Diego, Fernando, Gabriel & Titus out of the rumble as they literally do nothing, but man the roster is pretty thin when you look at it. Nobody you can even entertain the idea winning outside of Reigns & Bryan - and they sure hurt the idea that Bryan will win the Rumble last night.

Bryan can still win, and the Wyatt loss would mean nothing because no one would remember or care coming out of it.

But I don't think WWE would waste the Legends Panel on the guy who isn't winning.

All aboard the Roman Empire.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Bryan can still win, and the Wyatt loss would mean nothing because no one would remember or care coming out of it.

But I don't think WWE would waste the Legends Panel on the guy who isn't winning.

All aboard the Roman Empire.

choo choo

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I liked the bunny.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I finally watched last weeks RAW and I wanted to make sure everyone remembers Roman telling a fairy tale to Big Show for like 10 minutes. That poo poo is loving ridiculous.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Triple H is a way better comedian than bad rear end. That bit he and Rock did on the Smackdown after Rock's surprise RAW appearance to beat down Rusev was god drat hilarious. And taking poo poo from the Kliq on RAW last night was funny too. Nash's "What the hell kind of show are you running here?", followed by Trips "I'm so ashamed." was perfect.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I'm starting to think that either Orton or Sheamus are going to win/be in the final four. Both have been flying under the radar for a while, and can be thrown right into the Authority storyline if need be.

I can hear the crowd dying already. Maybe I'm misreading things, but I feel like audiences are generally over the same old poo poo like that.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
Here's to a non-existent hope that Finn Balor is the last run-in during the rumble, in full paint, and wins.

Then he feuds with Wyatt and we get an actually decent Demon vs Demon match.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Here's to a non-existent hope that Finn Balor is the last run-in during the rumble, in full paint, and wins.

I really really hope that Balor, Itami, Neville, Zayn, and Owens just stay away from the main roster. Vince and Dunn would sooner kill them than acknowledge their talents compared to Cena or Reigns.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cast Iron Brick posted:

This is literally the most far-fetched, dumbest fantasy booking I've ever seen.

Also I don't think the Brock thing was unintentional at all. Did anyone notice Brock stole the mic from Paul in the beginning and ran down Rollins while saying nothing about Cena? As insane as it sounds I'm wondering if they meant to turn Brock face. :psyduck:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also I don't think the Brock thing was unintentional at all. Did anyone notice Brock stole the mic from Paul in the beginning and ran down Rollins while saying nothing about Cena? As insane as it sounds I'm wondering if they meant to turn Brock face. :psyduck:

It's not that insane at all. Both Bryan & Dave on the Observer figure that's exactly what they did.

Basically the plan should have always been that Brock spent the last year or so of his contract as a face. That's just what you do to get good mileage out of someone. But WWE is poo poo at planning and didn't count on this being Brock's last run with the company for a while, so they're shoehorning in his face run here at the end.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

oatgan posted:

why dont the authority just fire Team Cena again

lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

It's not that insane at all. Both Bryan & Dave on the Observer figure that's exactly what they did.

Basically the plan should have always been that Brock spent the last year or so of his contract as a face. That's just what you do to get good mileage out of someone. But WWE is poo poo at planning and didn't count on this being Brock's last run with the company for a while, so they're shoehorning in his face run here at the end.

So what the gently caress is the plan for Mania? Rollins as champ? Face/face for the title What the gently caress. :psyboom:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So what the gently caress is the plan for Mania? Rollins as champ? Face/face for the title What the gently caress. :psyboom:

Roman vs. Cena for the title, Roman wins. Rollins cashes in, Roman beats him too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

Roman vs. Cena for the title, Roman wins. Rollins cashes in, Roman beats him too.

If last night's Silent Asskicker Reigns did this I'd be fine with it truthfully. If Vince Promo Roman did it I'd Seinfeld.gif.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
I dunno Brock running roughshod all over The Authority was one of those things that was just meant to be. Heel or face it just had to happen sooner or later especially since Rollins has MiTB which is why I couldn't really figure out why Brock was helping Rollins in the first place. Like The Shield and Wyatts last year they had to butt heads sooner or later even though the dynamics weren't so clean cut. It's one step below Russo booking but it's awesome when poo poo like that happens.

Also, I'm not sure how the gently caress Big Show landed on his back from being F5'd but he sure did. WWE confuses me sometimes..

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is literally the most far-fetched, dumbest fantasy booking I've ever seen.

They are turning Brock face so that Paul Heyman can turn on him

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
The Show of Shows sounds stupid.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

They are turning Brock face so that Paul Heyman can turn on him

I agree, and I said this in the thread as soon as it happened, but the idea of Brock as a face now, right before he leaves, before giving somebody the rub of beating the major monster heel at Mania, is SO loving WEIRD.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Does anyone think that Vince actually has a plan for Mania right now? Outside of maybe a whiteboard that says

-Make Reigns look strong
-Destroy or discredit Full Sail through magic or trickery

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
man I don't like the Ascension but what the gently caress is this booking for them

it was the most braindead thing you could do: "powerful tag team continues to be powerful" and now they're getting buried by the elderly

more proof nobody should ever want to be called up from NXT I guess

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Intruder posted:

I loved watching HHH spending the whole end of the segment with the Outsiders/Miz/Mizdow covering his mouth because he couldn't keep a straight face

I'm probably reading way too much into it, but I took that segment as Triple H wanting to cut up with his buddies so bad and identify with that life again, but he's faced that the reality that corporate stooge HHH is his identity now.

Also, The Ascension suck and nobody should be sad that they're getting buried.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It's not about the Ascension per se, so much as the latest NXT call ups being buried after 2 weeks, and what it means for the actual PSP darlings who will follow them

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

revtoiletduck posted:

The Show of Shows sounds stupid.

Bow down the the
Bow down to the
Show

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

St Evan Echoes posted:

It's not about the Ascension per se, so much as the latest NXT call ups being buried after 2 weeks, and what it means for the actual PSP darlings who will follow them

So far the NXT call-ups are about where they should be on the card. Charlotte's "don't call it a debut" was very mishandled, but that's fixable. Adam Rose and the Ascension being undercarders doesn't make me worried about talented guys like Neville, Zayn, and Kalisto.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Bhester posted:

I'm probably reading way too much into it, but I took that segment as Triple H wanting to cut up with his buddies so bad and identify with that life again, but he's faced that the reality that corporate stooge HHH is his identity now.

Also, The Ascension suck and nobody should be sad that they're getting buried.

I'm sad they wasted that entrance music on people that won't be around very long from the look of it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone should make a Booker T Sadly Holding Picture picture with the "picture" of the clearly live Sting in the middle of it by the way. That call by JBL is one of the dumbest I've ever heard. Also rewatching every Brock/Authority related segment from Raw, how anyone reads them as anything but a Brock face turn to be followed, I assume, by Paul turning on Brock for Rollins, is a silly person. If it was just the ending segment, I'd be willing to call it coincidence, but it wasn't just the ending. Hell, it started from the literal beginning of the show. Brock didn't just run roughshod over The Authority, he was contradicting Paul all night.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I never liked the The Ascension, but their burial blows my mind...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Bhester posted:

So far the NXT call-ups are about where they should be on the card. Charlotte's "don't call it a debut" was very mishandled, but that's fixable. Adam Rose and the Ascension being undercarders doesn't make me worried about talented guys like Neville, Zayn, and Kalisto.

It just makes me wonder. Why spend all this time building the Ascension on NXT, training these guys, only to immediately make them fodder and don't even try to get ANYONE over.

Like just hire a couple indie geeks off the street and job them out, don't spend years paying them, training them, and then make them look like clowns.

The Ascension themselves don't really matter but the developmental system of WWE looking useless does.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Does anyone think that Vince actually has a plan for Mania right now? Outside of maybe a whiteboard that says

-Make Reigns look strong
-Destroy or discredit Full Sail through magic or trickery

Say what you will about Raw each week but Wrestlemania is the one thing they have a plan for 6 months out

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

fariz posted:

Bryan and Kane is just so he has something to do at the ppv before mania, right?
Yeah, it's basically "shake off the ring rust with Kane, you know him and he's incredibly safe".

Also I'm gonna go against the hivemind and say that the Ascension are going to beat the NAO on Sunday. I don't think it's a burial, I think it's deliberate storytelling. Ascension kick the crap out of jobbers while screaming about how they're better than any legendary tag team, Ascension face the only legendary tag team that can still (barely) wrestle, beat them, and start screaming about how they told us so, Ascension now are legit rear end kickers.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 20, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if kanes so safe how come daniel bryan was injured for so long after they wrestled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I really hope Heyman doesn't turn on Brock. It makes no sense AT ALL.

"Why yes, I'll stab Brock Lesnar - the guy who ended the streak, the Undisputed Heavyweight champion, the former UFC champion, the guy who murdered WWE poster child John Cena - in the back to manage Seth Rollins - the guy with the Money in the Bank briefcase who can't win a match to save his life. I'm also mentally handicapped."

• Locked thread