Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

I really hope Heyman doesn't turn on Brock. It makes no sense AT ALL.

"Why yes, I'll stab Brock Lesnar - the guy who ended the streak, the Undisputed Heavyweight champion, the former UFC champion, the guy who murdered WWE poster child John Cena - in the back to manage Seth Rollins - the guy with the Money in the Bank briefcase who can't win a match to save his life. I'm also mentally handicapped."

He betrayed a young and unstoppable Brock Lesnar to manage Big Show and The A Train once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

a train should have ended the undertaker's streak

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Konnor is winning the Rumble.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oatgan posted:

if kanes so safe how come daniel bryan was injured for so long after they wrestled

That was the demon kane

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
The Ascension looked like poo poo true but I'm surprised people are up in arms about the whole thing. Their whole deal is that they thought they were better than the old guard tag teams because they beat jobbers and now it's arrived at its logical conclusion. Now they are going to compete with non-jobbers I can beat my bottom dollar that WWE will start building them as a threat. I don't see them being future endeavored at all from this.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

The Ascension looked like poo poo true but I'm surprised people are up in arms about the whole thing. Their whole deal is that they thought they were better than the old guard tag teams because they beat jobbers and now it's arrived at its logical conclusion. Now they are going to compete with non-jobbers I can beat my bottom dollar that WWE will start building them as a threat. I don't see them being future endeavored at all from this.

i'd be more mad if the ascension were winning tbh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't see Ascension as any more of a threat than Los Matadores. They're pretty much there to fill a spot in the tag division, which is fine because it's a step towards not seeing the same Usos/Dust Bros matches over and over again.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

They beat the former tag team champs on their first night who are also coincidentally the number one contenders.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I'm mostly just confused by the whole thing. Why take the time and money to train them if they're not even going to be given a chance to get over? They got a win over half a tag team in their debut, beat up a bunch of nobodies with JBL loudly reminding us that they're nobodies, and then got stomped by a group of old men. Their whole gimmick is "we're big and angry and we'll beat the poo poo out of you" (a gimmick which, whether it was deserved or not, led to a lengthy title reign in NXT), and that's now dead in the water. I don't know if it was going to go anywhere but with WWE's insistence on constantly pushing the same five guys, people seem to be ready to bite on just about ANYTHING new (hell, people were really behind the Rowan push until they fed him to Big Show for god knows what reason). It all just seems like a huge waste.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
How can anyone defend the booking of The Ascension? It boggles the mind.

The tag division is a sea of apathy, they had a chance to at least attempt to push a team above the rest but no, we better make sure everyone knows the whole division sucks and if you care about any team you're an idiot.

VVV Can't speak for other people, but it's just a bit funny that WWE calls up The Ascension when they have so many other, more talented people down there.

Same thing happened with Adam Rose though. I think they just reach a point of "okay this guy isn't improving anymore so gently caress it let's throw him out there and see what happens"

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 20, 2015

Big Poppa
Aug 21, 2003
Big Poppa is fine.
What is with all the hate towards The Ascension? I only started watching NXT more in the last 2 or so months. They seem generic, but I like their look and I haven't been bored by anything I've seen in NXT or on RAW by them. I figured once I saw that segment that they were going to go over at the Rumble.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Big Poppa posted:

What is with all the hate towards The Ascension? I only started watching NXT more in the last 2 or so months. They seem generic, but I like their look and I haven't been bored by anything I've seen in NXT or on RAW by them. I figured once I saw that segment that they were going to go over at the Rumble.

People are really mad about their NXT Tag Title run for some reason. I love them because they look like a hybrid of Kratos and the Road Warriors. :kratos:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

How can anyone defend the booking of The Ascension? It boggles the mind.

The tag division is a sea of apathy, they had a chance to at least attempt to push a team above the rest but no, we better make sure everyone knows the whole division sucks and if you care about any team you're an idiot.

VVV Can't speak for other people, but it's just a bit funny that WWE calls up The Ascension when they have so many other, more talented people down there.

Same thing happened with Adam Rose though. I think they just reach a point of "okay this guy isn't improving anymore so gently caress it let's throw him out there and see what happens"

Because they don't like wrestling, they like Kevin Nash instead. It's more common than you think.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

projecthalaxy posted:

Because they don't like wrestling, they like Kevin Nash instead. It's more common than you think.

Nash is best wrestler of all time in things not involving wrestling.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

oatgan posted:

He betrayed a young and unstoppable Brock Lesnar to manage Big Show and The A Train once

And it would still make more sense for him to betray Brock Lesnar for Big Show over Seth Rollins, at least Big Show is pushed as some kind of threat.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
So were all the undercard wrestlers announced for the Rumble last night confirmed on a graphic? Because the wwe website is no longer showing 14 of them and the confirmed number of participants is back down to 13.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Vince/Dunn give zero shits about the actual wrestling aspect of sports entertainment, and simply want charisma and someone that can capture the audiences attention. Ascension had zero.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I'm going to be at the rumble in a pretty visible spot to the hard camera and I think the two signs I'm bringing are 'I took some Big E now I'm Rollins' and 'If Bray loses we Wyatt'

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bring a sign about Roman's Magic Beans

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Bring a sign about Roman's Magic Beans

I like bringing signs with stupid puns and misspelled names like Steve Aistun and Ramin Rains

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
There are so many failed NXT call-ups now that they can all assemble and become NEXUS 3.0. Then someone can beat them all up and stuff them in a crate that says "To: Unemployment Line" and laugh.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Vince/Dunn give zero shits about the actual wrestling aspect of sports entertainment, and simply want charisma and someone that can capture the audiences attention. Ascension had zero.

most people in general prefer pure charisma over technical aptitude in all walks of life so I'm not sure why we're singling out Vince for building his product around it when as a promoter that's the only thing that's ever made him money

also the ascension possesed neither so

oatgan fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 20, 2015

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

I'm going to be at the rumble in a pretty visible spot to the hard camera and I think the two signs I'm bringing are 'I took some Big E now I'm Rollins' and 'If Bray loses we Wyatt'

I'm gonna have signs saying GIF THIS J-RU and AH LOVE IT MAGLE (I ran out of G's)

I'll probably have another one with an NXT reference too but I'll keep an eye out for yours as well

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Bring one that says Chad Gable

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

What are the odds they black out the arena for Wyatt if it's just to enter the rumble?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So Wrestlemania next year at Jerryworld (that's Jones, not Lawler) is official

Once again, I'm surprised it took this long for them to host one

e:

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 20, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What are the odds they black out the arena for Wyatt if it's just to enter the rumble?

Using the Undertaker as precedent, it could go either way. My guess is "probably not" at this point, though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i want the ascension to lose to the nao on sunday and immediately get future endeavored and we find out this has all been a long con gag to get them the gently caress out of NXT and out of the WWE because nobody likes them

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
If Lesnar is indeed face, I wouldn't be surprised if HHH is the one to face him at Mania and beat him on the way out. Gotta get that win back!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

And it would still make more sense for him to betray Brock Lesnar for Big Show over Seth Rollins, at least Big Show is pushed as some kind of threat.

No it wouldn't? Brock is a loose cannon, Seth is the golden boy of The Authority, Paul loves power, influence, and control, and Seth threatening to kill Edge, and later Paul himself, showed killer instinct. It'd be unexpected and a bit weird but not as nonsensical as you make it sound.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

triplexpac posted:

If Lesnar is indeed face, I wouldn't be surprised if HHH is the one to face him at Mania and beat him on the way out. Gotta get that win back!

it's incredible how every single WH2K meme is less funny than any scripted comedy segment that's ever been on Raw

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Alouicious posted:

it's incredible how every single WH2K meme is less funny than any scripted comedy segment that's ever been on Raw

HHH being an rear end in a top hat is a meme?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

triplexpac posted:

gotta get his win back keep x strong vinceflex.jpg but what about cena lolololol

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Alouicious posted:

gotta get his win back keep x strong vinceflex.jpg but what about cena lolololol

But HHH loves getting his wins. It has historic precedent.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

Here? Absolutely, especially since it hasn't been especially true in like five years. And don't cite The Authority, they look like idiot cowards who can't win fair or even unfair fights plenty of the time. It's one note, but that's the problem with The Authority, not "HHH has to bury everyone".

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Here? Absolutely, especially since it hasn't been especially true in like five years. And don't cite The Authority, they look like idiot cowards who can't win fair or even unfair fights plenty of the time. It's one note, but that's the problem with The Authority, not "HHH has to bury everyone".

I don't hate HHH, I just don't put it past him to be pissy that Brock is leaving for UFC and want to have the "last word".

Plus HHH beat Lesnar at Wrestlemania 29 for no good reason, so it's not like he has been putting guys over when it makes sense for 5 years. He still has his moments where it seems like he really cares if he goes over or not.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

I hope that Pete Rose attacks Kane in that outfit.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I like to think they had the idea of getting a load of old guys in to get destroyed by the Ascension, then realised they were all too beat up to take a bump, so had to it the other way around instead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm hoping Bray teleports to the ring and Justin Gabriel, Titus o' Neil and Fandango are magically outside of it. Possibly on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Vertical Lime posted:

So Wrestlemania next year at Jerryworld (that's Jones, not Lawler) is official

Once again, I'm surprised it took this long for them to host one

e:

God and I thought Steely McBeam was a creepy looking mascot

• Locked thread