Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the rumble is very soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Landstander posted:

What's everyone's favorite #AscensionMemories? Mine was when they got beat up by the nWo.

i liked when kevin nash danced while they got their rear end kicked

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

WWE is bad and they are about the turn the Royal Rumble into a permanent disaster where fans expect to boo everything.
Sounds fun

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I kind of like that whatever happens, Bray Wyatt is Bryan's Kryptonite. I'm sure it isn't even remotely intentional on the writing staff's part, but dude always manages to beat Bryan even when no one else can.

if i was going to not be cynical about it i would assume that last year he was set up as the next title challenger for Bryan but those plans got delayed because of the injury and they are going back to the well this year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's been well over a month since Randy Orton was on tv to defend his Without Pants title he should have been stripped of it long ago

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why dont the authority just fire Team Cena again

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's more that the authority is unchanging and nothing they do or that is done to them actually matters a couple weeks. They've been around for about a year and a half and they haven't progressed a step. Get MORE evil or something I don't even care just do something new.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

What if they were to merge with Bray Wyatt and make some kind of satanic Authority Family, blending the evil of corporate america with that of the macabre?

Nah, would never work.

i'm not even big on bray wyatt but rehashing the corporate ministry is it least a step in any direction and something they've toyed with a couple times in the past

and i agree that it wouldn't work because The Corporate Ministry was sooooooooooooo bad with some top tier Russo segments

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jsen_undertaker-attempts-embalm-stone-co_sport

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is literally the most far-fetched, dumbest fantasy booking I've ever seen.

Also I don't think the Brock thing was unintentional at all. Did anyone notice Brock stole the mic from Paul in the beginning and ran down Rollins while saying nothing about Cena? As insane as it sounds I'm wondering if they meant to turn Brock face. :psyduck:

They are turning Brock face so that Paul Heyman can turn on him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Does anyone think that Vince actually has a plan for Mania right now? Outside of maybe a whiteboard that says

-Make Reigns look strong
-Destroy or discredit Full Sail through magic or trickery

Say what you will about Raw each week but Wrestlemania is the one thing they have a plan for 6 months out

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if kanes so safe how come daniel bryan was injured for so long after they wrestled

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

I really hope Heyman doesn't turn on Brock. It makes no sense AT ALL.

"Why yes, I'll stab Brock Lesnar - the guy who ended the streak, the Undisputed Heavyweight champion, the former UFC champion, the guy who murdered WWE poster child John Cena - in the back to manage Seth Rollins - the guy with the Money in the Bank briefcase who can't win a match to save his life. I'm also mentally handicapped."

He betrayed a young and unstoppable Brock Lesnar to manage Big Show and The A Train once

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Vince/Dunn give zero shits about the actual wrestling aspect of sports entertainment, and simply want charisma and someone that can capture the audiences attention. Ascension had zero.

most people in general prefer pure charisma over technical aptitude in all walks of life so I'm not sure why we're singling out Vince for building his product around it when as a promoter that's the only thing that's ever made him money

also the ascension possesed neither so

oatgan fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 20, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

So Wrestlemania next year at Jerryworld (that's Jones, not Lawler) is official

Once again, I'm surprised it took this long for them to host one

e:

hell yes im going to wrestlemania

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bubba is apparently kind of hard to deal with and ill bet they want more money than wwe is willing to give them. I wouldnt be surprised of they turned up eventually though.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hogan is smart enough to have never agreed to the angle in the first place

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tezzor posted:

unlike cm punk, nobody outside of wrestling fandom gave a poo poo about anything cena or batista ever did or said

nobody outside of wrestling fandom gives a poo poo about anything cm punk does

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Show is fine. I never want to see him in another main event again but he's better than the other giants in WWE like Kane

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The big question here is what does cena do in this situation since I'd imagine if reigns/rusev happens bryan/lesnar is the only main event that works

Big Show

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Naomi is freakishly athletic and has good looking offense but she still looks lost in longer matches, imo. She might get better at those if they didn't just make her wrestle Cameron.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I paid to see the Steiner/HHH bench press competition on Raw.

i was there live for the steiner/hhh arm wrestling match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Efexeye posted:

I'm sorry triplexpac you seem like a good dude but where in the gently caress do you come up with this poo poo?

He probably read it in this very thread

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Cody was doing moonsaults off cages on house shows? Jesus

At least he's wearing kneepads now

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

I want to watch a Rumble, what's the best one in the last 10 years?

2007 is the best. It manages to make two old men laying around selling into one of the most compelling moments in rumble history

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

actually it's me

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

there's stupid tooth-gnashing from people on the internet (NOT here) who act like Cena killed wrestling and that you can literally count moves as a way to judge someone's ability as a wrestler.
you clearly dont read enough threads here then

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

those are recycled matt hardy pants i know it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

see what i mean?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

His top kinda reminds me of those tuxedo t-shirts.

To add to my case for the Matt Hardy pants the Roman Reigns logo on his shirt is literally the Hardy Boyz logo

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 23, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If gets a bit chunky and starts hanging out with a busty redhead the transformation will be complete.
Roman and Eva, two great personalities that taste great together

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

No, Roman's hair is much better than Nash's ever was. :colbert:

gently caress off troll

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Homestar Runner posted:

is there any indication that Roman Reigns will ever improve in any aspect of wrestling

I mean yay for him trying and whatever but seriously

Yes? He's already improved a lot from Roman Leakee

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Static Rook posted:

This is Jerusalem's from the gifs thread, the Raw before Wrestlemania 30 I think:

If Cesaro doesn't catch him, that is a paralyzed Matador. The Raw after Wrestlemania has a gif of Batista not catching an Uso at all.

if cesaro was actually closer to the ring in proper position to catch that dive it wouldn't look as bad

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

quit harshing the vibe, cardboard

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

F4W/Observer front page is reporting Justin Gabriel quit tonight.

who cares

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the only thing that made justin gabriel stand out was the 450 splash so he'll fit in nicely on an indie wrestling midcard

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

He and Matt Sydal would make a pretty good team actually

Matt Sydal's partners are chris sabin in PWG and ACH in ROH so I guess AIW could pair him with Gabriel

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Rumble has a ton of stalling and generic brawls. MITB and Elimination Chamber matches have blown it away for years.

the rumble is usually 15 minutes of high with an hour of smoke and mirrors so while i agree that MITB and EC are usually ten times the match it is still a fun and unique thing that you can't find anywhere else and only happens once a year as to not wear out its welcome

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Now, see, if you'd have said this I'd be on board.
you just don't become the leader in your industry without knowing whos got The It Factor. Praise be unto Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Remember last year when Bryan wasnt even in the Rumble (after losing to wyatt i think) and Punk got pulled out by already eliminated Kane

last years rumble was really good

• Locked thread