Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So I don't think they buried Daniel Bryan's chances of winning the Rumble, I mean they are just setting up the story that he has to fight the Authority again to win that belt right? Right? :ohdear:

Hopefully Bryan beats the poo poo out of Kane on Smackdown to earn that Rumble spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I'd say that's exactly what they're doing - the Authority are focused on Cena (and now Brock... and also now Sting!) but they have decided to make a point of sidelining Bryan before he can get into a position to derail their plans like last year, and I'm hoping that's going to end up with Bryan slipping in under their focus and ending up in the main event of Mania while they stand around going,"How the gently caress did he....?"
I just hope Bryan wins because I love the feeling of vindication and optimisim winning out because goddamn sometimes yunz guys can be more cynical about wrestling than my parents thinking about the prospects about me getting into gradschool and not living as a 40 year old in their house.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

WWE is bad and they are about the turn the Royal Rumble into a permanent disaster where fans expect to boo everything.
You know if the Flyers win tomorrow I hope Roman Reigns wins because Philly deserves no happiness

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Barreft posted:

There it is.
Hey I didn't say Pittsburgh in a negative light though, but you are probably right that I bring up local semi-Pittsburgh related stuff up

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

If they do Kane vs Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania, they really are the loving dumbest.
They are also deaf and blind too if that happens

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

I literally want this so much right now. Run this company into the center of the earth to meet Brendan Fraser.
Brendan Fraser is way too cool to be in the center of the Earth

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

ijii posted:

Terrible, they're shoving Roman Reigns down our throats when he's no where near ready to be the star WWE wants him to be. For a couple weeks I was hoping Daniel Bryan could still win the Rumble, but not after today's Raw with him just getting stiffed once again by Kane.
Daniel Bryan is probably going to beat the poo poo out of Kane this Smackdown seeing how the stip is if he loses he's out of the Rumble. I mean I know :lol: who watches Smackdown, but at least they are giving a reason to watch the show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

So Wrestlemania next year at Jerryworld (that's Jones, not Lawler) is official

Once again, I'm surprised it took this long for them to host one

e:

God and I thought Steely McBeam was a creepy looking mascot

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Sheamus
Brock Lesnar
Curtis Axel
Everyone on the roster during the walkout
These two are even more funny because HHH actually likes them

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I believe WWE was pretty much sick of them and they left on bad terms but it has been a decade and with the Rumble in Philly that could open the door. I'd be surprised, but it is possible.
Have the Ascension beat the poo poo out of the NAO brag about out, then have the Dudley's come out and 3D them through a table. Really I just want to see a big crowd react to a 3D since its the best Tag Finisher

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

The main take from this is that they were prepared to immediately kill a months long storyline before the logical payoff because one PPV from where the push had barely began didn't do good enough business, and put that push onto big show (until they could put Cena back on top). I'm not sure how truthful this official stance is - like when the batista/Orton thing was to be the direction for mania, and how bryan wasn't supposed to beat Cena until the injury so the ordering of when things were decided is a little fuzzy. Still, it's an interesting read and pretty telling how WWE seems to give themselves every excuse not to push someone and cares so little for the storylines they themselves claim are so important.
My other take is that a product that has to be forced to do stuff because of investors often hurts the product in the long term

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I feel more embarrassed for the heels who have to act like what Roman is saying is pissing them off. I wish they had a cool heel that would just say, "what the hell are you talking about?" Which would lead to Roman floundering.

Why do WWE face promos have to be lovely comedy and why do the heels act like they're so hurt by crappily executed jokes?
Vince probably grew up loving Looney Tunes as a kid

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Further proof that the older generations are way ahead of these Millennials.
I mean I think most older folks who watch wrestling probably make the connection that Cena is basically Bruno; especially around this region where everyone apparently watched Bruno when he was at his prime.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

oatgan posted:

the only thing that made justin gabriel stand out was the 450 splash so he'll fit in nicely on an indie wrestling midcard
He and Matt Sydal would make a pretty good team actually

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

He coulda just been in a tag team, we don't always need WWE title contenders.
Yeah but its a shame that this company runs by the logic that as soon as they set up a tag team they immediately start thinking about splitting them up and who is going to be the singles star while the other rots in obscurity.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Sorry Roman, they've Sheamus'd ya.
Can't wait for them to have Sheamus to return as a heel so they can finally have that Sheamus vs Bryan WM match that isn't 18 seconds long :haw:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah. The WWE propaganda machine has spent literally more than a decade touting Vince as the only man who knows how to run a professional wrestling company. Every good idea they have is always touted, publicly, as his ideas. When (if?) he dies, the shareholders and the company itself will have a serious downturn for a while.
Really WWE going public kind of ruined it from a creative side of things because shareholders and investors are all cowards and want to play the safe option and want stuff that is created from soulless committee, basically what I'm saying is Roman is the F-35 of wrestling

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Can't wait for Roman Reigns to get awesome again in 4 years then

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Nonsense posted:

I hope Austin eviscerates Hunter. This was not only a dumb thing, it was a financial disaster.
HHH will probably play devil's advocate and go "Look I can't do anything about it, the reason things are the way they are is because of Dunn and Vince"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I want to know more about what was going on backstage during all of this like Vince's and HHH and the talents reaction to the crowd making GBS threads on the product.

Vince is probably going turtle up and just blame Philly and NE Smarks for it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

It was sooooo depressing having Dave spell out very clearly that Vince & HHH will never take someone seriously if they're not big enough. Using Daniel Bryan and the Wolves as examples haha.

For those that don't remember (I actually forgot), the American Wolves had a NXT tryout on TV vs the Ascension and actually got a good match out of them. So of course HHH decides to push The Ascension and not sign The Wolves.
I mean really for that case Davey was probably going to get them fired eventually if they got hired.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

BGrifter posted:

I'm not sure turning Roman heel really helps much with this situation. He doesn't have "boo this man, I will pay to see him get beat" kind of heat, he has "get off my television" heat. It won't happen, but an injury angle and six months of public speaking classes would probably be the best thing for him.
But they already did this :confused:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

C'mooon 400 person crowd
All of them being Vince's friends and peons that will do whatever he says.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

So apparently local ads in Memphis have the Fast Lane main event as Reigns vs. Big Show in a last man standing

:allears:
You know what would have probably saved Roman, if they just had him run roughshot over the Big Show the first time they met. Seriously just one sided beatdown that made Roman look like a beast, why is it so hard for them to realize this?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Um... who'd he ever beat?
Lou Ferrigno

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

oatgan posted:

newsflash they will never change
No see when HHH takes control things will get much better even though HHH loves big strong men just as much as Vince!!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://www.wwe.com/videos/bubba-ray-dudley-discusses-his-return-home-to-wwe-wwecom-exclusive-january-25-20-27043153
So maybe Bubba Ray is sticking around for a while?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Why wouldn't NJOW want him if they took AJ Styles? Jado and Gedo don't hate money like Vince does.
AJ Styles didn't gently caress over NJPW like Bubba and Devon did

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Cornwind Evil posted:

I read on another forum that Vince, supposedly live on TMZ, lost his poo poo and went off on the fans, calling them "parasites and ungrateful."

Probably a lie (as neither the poster or I have any proof or source), but if it's not and said proof is coming, it would definitely help keep this thing from blowing over.
Ahahaha oh my god Vince is turning into Andrew Ryan and its great

sportsgenius86 posted:

They stock will dive to pennies before he ever does this.

The only way anything of this sort happens is if the stress gives him a heart attack. The guy just does not give a gently caress and will die running the company into the ground before he ever walks away from it.
I want to know how stockholders can watch these shows and still hold confidence that Vince knows how to run a wrestling company... the stockholders don't actually watch the shows is the answer to this isn't it?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Tezzor posted:

wastedpotential.jpg
And Zack Ryder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

How can they think this is a good idea.

I mean, if your live audience, and Network audience both poo poo all over the Rumble, why would you push it to your TV AUDIENCE as well? :stare:
This is it Vince is injecting the poison to kill his own company!!!

• Locked thread